Communities » Woodridge Area News
Chicago man guilty in Addison garden-tool assaultA judge found a Chicago man guilty of attacking an Addison man with a garden tool. Runaldo Ramsey, 35, was convicted of aggravated battery and home invasion. Prosecutors said an ex-girlfriend’s $50 debt sparked the attack.Last Updated Aug 27, 2015 12:09 PM
DuPage County Board member set to announce bid for CongressUpdated Aug 26, 2015 7:52 PM
Republican DuPage County Board member Tonia Khouri of Aurora is set to announce her bid for Congress in the 11th Congressional District now occupied by Democrat Rep. Bill Foster of Naperville.
Geneva man pleads guilty in DUI crash that killed two in NapervilleUpdated Aug 26, 2015 6:58 PM
A Geneva man pleaded guilty Wednesday to charges from a fatal DUI crash last year in Naperville — a tragedy that spurred the city’s crackdown on late-night drinking in its downtown taverns. Michael Szot, 22, faces 6 to 28 years in prison for causing the accident that killed two of his friends. He will be sentenced this fall.
DuPage keeping lobbyists for another yearUpdated Aug 25, 2015 8:03 PM
DuPage County officials defended the county’s use of lobbyists before awarding nearly $300,000 in contracts to several firms. "It is critically important that the county maintain an effective presence in both Washington, D.C. and Springfield,” county board Chairman Dan Cronin said.
Addison man testifies about vicious attack, says it was over $50 debtUpdated Aug 25, 2015 7:48 PM
An Addison man testified Tuesday how a torturous beating inflicted on him three years ago left him fearing for his life and permanently disfigured. All for fifty dollars.
Algonquin man accused of sex toy attack at haunted house gets probation, fineUpdated Aug 25, 2015 6:12 PM
A 24-year-old man accused of dressing as a clown and using sex toys to harass and attack a woman and her daughter at a Montgomery-area haunted house recently received a year of supervision and a $500 fine after pleading guilty. Robert S. Keller, of Algonquin, also must perform 30 hours of community service.
DuPage may discuss using bailiffs for court security to save moneyUpdated Aug 25, 2015 4:54 PM
In search of a cheaper way to secure the DuPage County courthouse, county board members opened discussions on having personnel other than sheriff's deputies provide court security. One official estimated the savings at as much $50,000 per employee.
DuPage County might spend $284,000 to keep lobbyistsUpdated Aug 24, 2015 2:46 PM
DuPage County Board members are expected to decide Tuesday whether to spend $284,000 to continue using four lobbying firms to promote the county’s legislative agenda at the state and federal levels.
Get answers to your college questions Saturday in AuroraUpdated Aug 24, 2015 1:24 PM
Students can learn about colleges, universities and scholarships at the fifth annual DuPage County NAACP College and Career Fair from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Two weak tornadoes confirmed in Naperville, Downers Grove
- Rauner stops in St. Charles during charity ride to Springfield
- Woman who stole credit card to buy sperm samples gets jail time
- Dawn Patrol: Antioch woman charged in hit-and-run; missing Algonquin dog found after 15 days
- Dawn Patrol: Man killed in Wauconda robbery had BB gun, police say; Pedestrian killed by train in Mt. Prospect
- Duckworth, Foster, undecided on Iran deal
- Dawn Patrol: Body found along I-290; industrial building burns near Elk Grove
- Study: While heroin use spikes, treatment options drop in Illinois
- Dawn Patrol: Terminating COD's Breuder could take months; Harry Volkman dies
Recently shared by others
- Northern Illinois Food Bank ready to kick off Hunger Action Month
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- BACK TO SCHOOL WITH HOLLAND CHIROPRACTIC
- Call for Art Goes Out for 2016 Community Banner Art Project
- ArtShare Saturday at Gallery 200 – Watch and Wonder
- Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
- Ready, Set, Go: Healthy West Chicago Community Action Plan Released
- Foodie 5K coming to Chicagoland Speedway
- Chicago Clean Cities to host golf outing, fleet education seminar
- Monarch expert brings butterflies to The Birches
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Edward Baumgarten, left, and Alec Hansen were a hit last week when they performed in seven presentations of Spotlight Youth Theater's "A Year With Frog and Toad." They are part of a cast of approximately 100 students who will perform in three more shows May 15-17. To purchase tickets to the show, visit www.spotlight.org or call (847) 516-2298. The cost of tickets is $12 or $10 for children and seniors. Group discounts are available. Jennifer Heim Photography
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Scott Sanders DuPage County Photo Editor
More Woodridge News
- Woodridge Business
- Uber, GM and Fermilab share innovations and vision for transportation
- DuPage hopes to improve, not sell, convalescent center
- Woodridge Entertainment
- Students, residents want theater group to return to COD
- DuPage hopes to improve, not sell, convalescent center
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Downers Grove North High School
- 4436 Main St.
Downers Grove, Il 60515
- Downers Grove South High School
- 1436 Norfolk
Downers Grove, Il 60516
- Navy/Columbia Blue
- Naperville North High School
- 899 N. Mill St.
Naperville, Il 60563-8998
The Cubs are on a 6-game West Coast roadtrip. Are these games worth staying up for?
|Who needs sleep when the team is this exciting?||29.0%|
|DVR is my friend for late games||12.7%|
|No need to watch — they're gonna win.||19.1%|
|No need to watch — they're gonna lose.||8.1%|
|When are the Sox on?||31.1%|
Daily Herald Communities
- Home to Pabst Brewing Co., brewers of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.
- 41.744582, -88.043869