Communities » Woodridge Area News
Dawn Patrol: One shot in Elgin; Bears beat PackersOne person shot in Elgin. Crowds pack Lake Zurich Culver's for meal. Runners earn Thanksgiving dinner in Batavia. Great Lakes recruits treated to games and dinner. Old and new friends break bread at Lazarus House. A look at this weekend's IHSA football title games. Bears carve out a win in Green Bay.Last Updated Nov 27, 2015 6:02 AM
Former COD Foundation employee alleges gender discriminationUpdated Nov 25, 2015 4:14 PM
A former College of DuPage Foundation employee alleges in a federal lawsuit that he was discriminated against by his female supervisors for being the only male employee in his department.
State’s attorney investigating police-involved shooting in LisleUpdated Nov 24, 2015 4:50 PM
The investigation into the Oct. 10 fatal shooting of a burglary suspect by a Lisle police officer is now in the hands of the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s office.
DuPage County approves budget that cuts 10 sheriff’s office jobsUpdated Nov 24, 2015 4:39 PM
In a move strongly criticized by Sheriff John Zaruba, DuPage County Board members on Tuesday approved a $444.4 million budget for the coming fiscal year that eliminates 10 full-time positions at the sheriff’s office.
Here’s how DuPage, Will primaries are shaping upUpdated Nov 24, 2015 8:38 AM
More than a dozen countywide, county board and forest preserve candidates lined up outside the DuPage County Election Commission office on Monday morning to file nominating petitions to enter the March 15 primary.
Man gets six months in jail for blackmailing women for sexUpdated Nov 23, 2015 9:58 PM
An 18-year-old Aurora man who threatened to distribute nude photos of two women unless they had sex with him has been sentenced to 180 days in jail.
Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft countsUpdated Nov 23, 2015 7:16 PM
A DuPage County jury deliberated for just more than hour Monday evening before convicting former Burr Ridge real estate broker Harry "Bud" Simons of theft.
Rematch set for DuPage forest preserve boardUpdated Nov 23, 2015 2:47 PM
Aurora Republican Carl Schultz looks to regain the DuPage County Forest Preserve District 5 seat he lost to incumbent Commissioner Mary Lou Wehrli, of Naperville. Wehrli says its an exciting time to be a commissioner and she's not giving the seat up without a fight.
Police investigating murder near West ChicagoUpdated Nov 21, 2015 7:14 PM
The DuPage County Sheriff’s office is investigating the murder of a 27-year-old man at the intersection of Highlake and DuPage avenues just outside West Chicago. Police received a call of a person lying on the side of the road at about 11 p.m. Friday.
- Dawn Patrol: Aurora robberies may be related; parents get 5 years in starved baby case
- Dawn Patrol: Reward offered in fatal crash, Bears lose
Recently shared by others
- The Birches gives thanks and gives back
- #ILGive looks to raise $6 million for social impact organizations in one day
- Birches’ Breathe program promotes stress reduction among seniors
- Volunteers invited to share hope, love during special holiday meal-packing sessions
- Chicago Botanic Garden Joins #Giving Tuesday Movement
- 77 percent of U.S. consumers are planning to ‘Shop Small’ this holiday season
- ‘Triple Your Giving’ benefits Northern Illinois Food Bank Nov. 22-28
- Join others of all persuasions at the Abbey’s annual inter-faith service
- Students, parents can explore science opportunities at BenU open house
- Birches’ dementia education series shares tips for effective communication
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Edward Baumgarten, left, and Alec Hansen were a hit last week when they performed in seven presentations of Spotlight Youth Theater's "A Year With Frog and Toad." They are part of a cast of approximately 100 students who will perform in three more shows May 15-17. To purchase tickets to the show, visit www.spotlight.org or call (847) 516-2298. The cost of tickets is $12 or $10 for children and seniors. Group discounts are available. Jennifer Heim Photography
More Woodridge News
- Woodridge Business
- Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft counts
- Closing arguments to begin Monday in Burr Ridge real estate agent’s trial
- Prosecutors: Burr Ridge broker accused of theft risked losing franchise
- Burr Ridge real estate broker accused of stealing earnest money
- Lagestee-Mulder buys Burr Ridge office center
- Woodridge Opinion
- Editorial: Bigotry against Muslims is no answer to ISIS terrorism
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Downers Grove North High School
- 4436 Main St.
Downers Grove, Il 60515
- Downers Grove South High School
- 1436 Norfolk
Downers Grove, Il 60516
- Navy/Columbia Blue
- Naperville North High School
- 899 N. Mill St.
Naperville, Il 60563-8998
Daily Herald Communities
- Home to Pabst Brewing Co., brewers of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.
- 41.744582, -88.043869