Communities » Woodridge Area News
Woman rescinds guilty plea in Elmhurst cat stabbing caseA 51-year-old Chicago woman has withdrawn her guilty plea to charges of aggravated cruelty in the stabbing death of a family member's cat in Elmhurst. Kelly Palermo pleaded guilty to aggravated cruelty on July 26 and was to be sentenced this fall.Last Updated Aug 26, 2016 8:14 PM
Elgin woman charged with bringing drugs into DuPage jailUpdated Aug 26, 2016 5:13 PM
An Elgin hairdresser released from jail Tuesday will be headed right back behind bars if DuPage prosecutors have their way.
First human West Nile case reported in DuPage CountyUpdated Aug 26, 2016 2:30 PM
An 80-year-old Darien woman has the year’s first reported human case of West Nile virus in DuPage, county health department officials said Friday.
Interrogation video provides new look at Naperville slayingUpdated Aug 25, 2016 7:56 PM
Grant Muren told police he fended off a violent attack by Charles Clark for more than 20 minutes before he was able to put Clark in the violent choke hold that ultimately killed the man during a fight in Naperville.
Video doesn’t support protester’s claims against Naperville copUpdated Aug 25, 2016 4:04 PM
Dashcam footage released Thursday by Naperville police appears to refute claims by a Lisle man that an officer tried to run him over outside the city’s police station.
Lester: Caregivers are leaving their jobs for higher pay in fast food, retailUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:40 AM
Some employees of Ray Graham Association, based in Lisle, are leaving jobs their for higher-paying positions in fast-food or big-box stores as the clock is ticking on GOP Gov. Bruce Rauner to sign or veto a bill raising pay for caregivers for those with disabilities, columnist Kerry Lester writes.
DuPage judge orders Naperville cops to release dashcam videoUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:41 AM
A DuPage judge on Wednesday ordered Naperville police to make public video footage from the squad car of an officer who authorities say was falsely accused of trying to run over a Lisle man.
DuPage hires four lobbying firmsUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:52 PM
DuPage County officials defended the county’s use of lobbyists before awarding one-year contracts to four firms.
DuPage to buy more equipment for November electionUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:01 PM
The DuPage County Election Commission plans to spend more than $500,000 on equipment to speed same-day voter registration at the polls in November.
- Lombard woman pleads not guilty to running over boyfriend
- DuComm may move to former youth home in Wheaton
- Lester: Illinois Supreme Court justice goes undercover in bond court
- College, career fair prepares students for big decisions
- DuPage election agency may impose restrictions on its representatives
Recently shared by others
- Team 66 Education Foundation is bringing Kelly Miller Circus back to town
- Northern Illinois post offices will close for Labor Day
- Family Fun Endurance Bike Ride to support Easter Seals DuPage & Fox Valley
- Month-long Roadside Safety Check in West Chicago
- COD President Dr. Ann Rondeau Keynotes Veterans Day at Illinois State Fair
- College of DuPage Celebrates Investiture of President Dr. Ann Rondeau
- College of DuPage Board Approves Participation in CAREER Consortium
- Heart patient will be on field to help unfurl Bear Down flag at Aug. 27 Chicago Bears game
- College of DuPage to Host ‘Writing on the Edge’ Conference Sept. 24
- Chaparral Football Preps for 2016-2017 Season, Special Recognition Games
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Edward Baumgarten, left, and Alec Hansen were a hit last week when they performed in seven presentations of Spotlight Youth Theater's "A Year With Frog and Toad." They are part of a cast of approximately 100 students who will perform in three more shows May 15-17. To purchase tickets to the show, visit www.spotlight.org or call (847) 516-2298. The cost of tickets is $12 or $10 for children and seniors. Group discounts are available. Jennifer Heim Photography
More Woodridge News
- Woodridge Business
- First human West Nile case reported in DuPage County
- COD’s nursing program achieves 100 percent pass rate
- Woodridge Entertainment
- Woman rescinds guilty plea in Elmhurst cat stabbing case
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Downers Grove North High School
- 4436 Main St.
Downers Grove, Il 60515
- Downers Grove South High School
- 1436 Norfolk
Downers Grove, Il 60516
- Navy/Columbia Blue
- Naperville North High School
- 899 N. Mill St.
Naperville, Il 60563-8998
Daily Herald Communities
- Home to Pabst Brewing Co., brewers of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.
- 41.744582, -88.043869