Communities » Woodridge Area News
Dozens listed as possible witnesses in Breuder lawsuitAttorneys for former College of DuPage President Robert Breuder have identified 50 people, including current and former COD board members, as “persons with knowledge” in Breuder’s wrongful termination lawsuit.Last Updated May 31, 2016 8:49 PM
14-year-old Aurora boy faces multiple gun chargesUpdated May 31, 2016 8:24 PM
A 14-year-old Aurora boy was charged with five counts of unlawful use of a weapon, contact with a street gang member.
Aurora man expected to survive Sunday shootingUpdated May 31, 2016 12:20 PM
A 39-year-old Aurora man is expected to survive injuries he sustained during an early Sunday shooting in Aurora.
Constable: Chess bonds players, 83 and 19Updated May 29, 2016 8:08 AM
The difference in age evaporates when 83-year-old chess legend Helen Warren plays her weekly game against Jonathan Moore, a 19-year-old server in the dining room at Beacon Hill senior living residences in Lombard.
DuPage County’s farm heritage celebrated at St. James FarmUpdated May 28, 2016 5:18 PM
The DuPage County Forest Preserve District held Family Field Day Saturday at St. James Farm Forest Preserve in Warrenville.
Beloved Villa Park teacher back in the classroom after brain injuryUpdated May 26, 2016 7:27 PM
Villa Park elementary school teacher Elise Boni has willed her way back from a traumatic brain injury to get back in the classroom and help her students prepare for middle school.
DuPage reopens newly renovated animal shelterPosted May 25, 2016 5:25 AM
Dogs and cats are expected to have a better, quieter stay at DuPage County’s Animal Care and Control facility after a roughly $930,000 renovation of the building.
Memorial Day observances across the suburbs todayUpdated May 31, 2016 5:34 AM
Check out our comprehensive list of suburban Memorial Day events to see what's on tap in your community.
How DuPage will commemorate Memorial DayUpdated May 26, 2016 11:58 AM
Towns and organizations throughout DuPage County have plans to commemorate Memorial Day.
Recently shared by others
- COD Fashion Students Earn Honors During Annual Fashion Show
- Gluttonous getaways lead to weight gain
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to ease the burden on families
- Movement mattered at The Birches this May
- 29th annual Midwest Golf Celebrity Pro-Am to benefit Special Olympics Illinois
- College of DuPage Celebrates 49th Commencement
- Rotary GroveFest 2016 Carnival Ride Specials
- Tom Cullerton works to streamline Illinois voter registration
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to spread DuPage model throughout Illinois
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to keep retired police dogs with officers
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Edward Baumgarten, left, and Alec Hansen were a hit last week when they performed in seven presentations of Spotlight Youth Theater's "A Year With Frog and Toad." They are part of a cast of approximately 100 students who will perform in three more shows May 15-17. To purchase tickets to the show, visit www.spotlight.org or call (847) 516-2298. The cost of tickets is $12 or $10 for children and seniors. Group discounts are available. Jennifer Heim Photography
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Downers Grove North High School
- 4436 Main St.
Downers Grove, Il 60515
- Downers Grove South High School
- 1436 Norfolk
Downers Grove, Il 60516
- Navy/Columbia Blue
- Naperville North High School
- 899 N. Mill St.
Naperville, Il 60563-8998
Daily Herald Communities
- Home to Pabst Brewing Co., brewers of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.
- 41.744582, -88.043869