Communities » Roselle Area News
Lester: Caregivers are leaving their jobs for higher pay in fast food, retailSome employees of Ray Graham Association, based in Lisle, are leaving jobs their for higher-paying positions in fast-food or big-box stores as the clock is ticking on GOP Gov. Bruce Rauner to sign or veto a bill raising pay for caregivers for those with disabilities, columnist Kerry Lester writes.Last Updated Aug 25, 2016 10:40 AM
DuPage judge orders Naperville cops to release dashcam videoUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:41 AM
A DuPage judge on Wednesday ordered Naperville police to make public video footage from the squad car of an officer who authorities say was falsely accused of trying to run over a Lisle man.
GOP breakfast focuses on state House racesPosted Aug 25, 2016 1:00 AM
Illinois Republican Party Chairman Tim Schneider will be among the featured speakers Saturday when the Schaumburg Township Republican Organization holds its monthly breakfast meeting at Chandler’s Chophouse, 401 N. Roselle Road in Schaumburg.
DVC’s best team is anybody’s guessUpdated Aug 24, 2016 7:29 PM
Think you’ve got the DuPage Valley Conference figured out? Think again, football fans.
Elgin cleric accused of sex abuse faces deadline to accept plea dealUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:53 PM
Elgin cleric Mohammad Abdullah Saleem is scheduled for a Sept. 12 jury trial after he did not accept a plea agreement offered by prosecutors on Tuesday. He is accused of sexually abusing an employee and student of an Islamic school for children in grades six through 12.
DuPage hires four lobbying firmsUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:52 PM
DuPage County officials defended the county’s use of lobbyists before awarding one-year contracts to four firms.
DuPage to buy more equipment for November electionUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:01 PM
The DuPage County Election Commission plans to spend more than $500,000 on equipment to speed same-day voter registration at the polls in November.
Lombard woman pleads not guilty to running over boyfriendUpdated Aug 22, 2016 8:49 PM
A Lombard woman accused of using her car to run over and severely injure her boyfriend pleaded not guilty Monday to numerous charges.
DuComm may move to county building in WheatonUpdated Aug 22, 2016 4:07 PM
A 911 dispatching center that serves dozens of police and fire departments in DuPage County is planning to move into the county’s former youth home by 2018.
- Lester: Illinois Supreme Court justice goes undercover in bond court
- Wheeling nonprofit, community come together to bury abandoned babies
- DuPage investigators searching for clues about Baby Hope’s mom
- District 54 adopts balanced $226 million budget
- Scouting the Lake Park Lancers
- College, career fair prepares students for big decisions
- DuPage election agency may impose restrictions on its representatives
Recently shared by others
- Month-long Roadside Safety Check in West Chicago
- Family Fun Endurance Bike Ride to Support Easter Seals DuPage & Fox Valley
- COD President Dr. Ann Rondeau Keynotes Veterans Day at Illinois State Fair
- College of DuPage Celebrates Investiture of President Dr. Ann Rondeau
- College of DuPage Board Approves Participation in CAREER Consortium
- Kids Learn Money Basics and How to Give Back at Bring Your Kids to Work day
- College of DuPage to Host ‘Writing on the Edge’ Conference Sept. 24
- Chaparral Football Preps for 2016-2017 Season, Special Recognition Games
- The 2016 Grape Crush Begins in Roselle
- DuPage Health Department Raises Warning Level For West Nile Virus
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
- Taken at the Irish Raptor Research Centre in Sligo Ireland while on vacation during the summer. This Peregine Falcon seemed to love the camera. Brendan Durkin
- Pina's Culinery Experience at Taste of Roselle on Aug. 3: Standing back row, Chef Ed, Shawna, Sue; middle row standing, Brandon and Dollie; and center kneeling,Eddie. Linda Chesney
- Snapping Turtle at Goose Lake Kimberly Carl
Snow grillin' New Years Day, 2014
Natural snow formation on backyard grill. Virginia Johnson
- Rain poured down on runners this morning a the start of the Roselle Run for the Roses 5K race. Mike Jortberg
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Hoffman Estates High School
- 1100 W. Higgins Rd.
Hoffman Estates, Il 60169
- Royal Blue/Orange
- James B. Conant High School
- 700 E. Cougar Trail
Hoffman Estates, Il 60169
- Lake Park High School
- 500 W. Bryn Mawr
Roselle, Il 60172-1978
- Navy Blue/White
Daily Herald Communities
- Tradition Meets Tomorrow
- 41.980569, -88.085438