Columns | The Bulls took their time firing Jim Boylen. Now the search begins for new coach.
The Bulls are looking for a new coach after firing Jim Boylen Friday morning.
Latest Sports Videos
Blackhawks | Blackhawks not happy with Reaves' hit on ToewsVegas winger Ryan Reaves may be tough, but it sounds like the Blackhawks have had enough of his rough stuff.
Columns | Rozner: Bulls firing Boylen just the next logical stepBulls boss Arturas Karnisovas took his time before firing coach Jim Boylen, not that there was any hurry.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Is Wes Unseld Jr. the curse breaker for the Bulls?Jim O'Donnell: Bulls should look to Wes Unseld Jr. as their new coach.
Cubs | Ready or not, Cardinals head to Chicago in 41-vehicle caravanOff since July 29 due to a COVID-19 outbreak, the St. Louis Cardinals reportedly rented 41 cars and drove to Chicago Friday in advance of Saturday's doubleheader vs. the White Sox.
White Sox | Burdi's Downers Grove South coach relishing pitcher's early success with White SoxZack Burdi is finally healthy and off to a great start as a rookie relief pitcher for the White Sox. Burdi's baseball coach at Downers Grove South High School, Darren Orel, has been thrilled to watch him overcome injuries and realize his dream.
Cubs | Darvish, Rizzo keep the good times going for CubsAre the Cubs winning because first baseman Anthony Rizzo is helping build a fun atmosphere, or are they having fun because they are winning?
Columns | Without juggernaut conferences, NCAA was wise to cancel fall championships*It's the year (or years) of the asterisk: 2020 and 2021 for sports will be explained by all kinds of asterisks. Yes, there was a season but due to COVID-19, *. The NCAA has cancelled all of its 2020 fall championships* due to COVID-19, and that's a smart thing. If they had been played, there would have been all kinds of asterisks.
Bulls | Bulls ready to begin coaching search, but there's no hurryBulls VP of basketball operations Arturas Karnisovas took four months to decide the fate of coach Jim Boylen. How long will it take to hire a new head coach?
Prep Sports | Warren graduate Burch signs with CubsUndrafted after two stellar baseball seasons for Old Dominion University, former Warren Township High School infielder Matt Burch has signed a contract with the Cubs.
Cubs | Friday's Sox-Cardinals game postponed; doubleheader SaturdayThe White Sox's game against the Cardinals scheduled for Friday has been postponed as St. Louis continues dealing with positive COVID-19 tests.
- 6:11 PMHeat's Jones carted off court after collision on floor
- 6:05 PMCook at Vikings camp, but no deal yet: 'Where I want to be'
- 6:05 PMBayern humbles Barcelona 8-2 to reach Champions League semis
- 6:03 PMBrowns' Mayfield admits he was 'lost' in chaotic 2019 season
- 5:50 PMHeat's Derrick Jones Jr. injured in 109-92 loss to Pacers
- Prep SportsWarren graduate Burch signs with Cubs
- Prep SportsRock-solid Neuqua Valley, other teams ready for a different looking girls swimming season
- Prep SportsTennis may look different, but players look forward to teamwork and competiton
- Prep Sports'The whole thing is an overall migraine': Prep ADs face challenges in creating schedules
- Prep SportsA message to fall sports student-athletes: Have fun, and be safe
- Prep SportsChanges coming to keep cross country running safely
- Prep SportsSt. Charles East grad Benjamin gets the call from Rangers
- Prep SportsHigh school golf hopes to set example of safe return
- Prep SportsHow high schools are allowing certain fall sports on campus while full remote learning is in effect
- Downers GroveMontini's Kuczynski opts for move to Florida
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Which pro golfer would complete your twosome?
- Prep SportsIHSA releases sport-specific guidelines for fall sports
- CrimeSex offender at center of Lake Park scandal now charged with being in Elmhurst school
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: You could be on a winning flight home. Which one?
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more