Cubs | Cubs hang on as Darvish earns his first win at Wrigley
Yu Darvish earned his first career win at Wrigley Field Wednesday as the Cubs beat the Cincinnati Reds 5-2 at Wrigley Field.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Chicago White Sox place Jimenez on 10-day injured listThe Chicago White Sox placed rookie left fielder Eloy Jimenez on the 10-day injured list Wednesday. Jimenez, who leads all American League rookies with 17 home runs, has a right ulnar nerve contusion.
Blackhawks | Colliton excited to coach Blackhawks' versatile, gritty lineupChicago Blackhawks coach Jeremy Colliton is excited about a new roster that includes grittier, more versatile players.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Contreras already eager to returnChicago Cubs catcher Willson Contreras went on the injured list Tuesday, but he said his foot injury is only a bruise.
Cubs | Will Mills start again for Cubs? We might know FridayChicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon said he and his staff are talking about whether Alec Mills will get another start in upcoming games after Tuesday's solid performance.
Cubs | Broglio, famously traded to Cubs for Brock, dies at 83Former pitcher Ernie Broglio, whom the Cubs obtained in a 1964 trade for future Hall of Famer Lou Brock, has died.
Columns | O'Donnell: Please hold all tickets on the future of Arlington ParkJim O'Donnell says there is something in the air at Arlington Park.
Blackhawks | Chicago Blackhawks' coach Colliton wasn't down on JokiharjuDespite what some might see as evidence to the contrary, coach Jeremy Colliton said he isn't -- and wasn't -- down on former Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Henri Jokiharju. "Not at all," Colliton said before the Hawks opened Day 3 of their development camp at Fifth Third Arena on Wednesday. "I mean he played half a season as a teenager in the NHL."
Pro Sports | Dolson sinks game-winning shot for SkyThe Chicago Sky pulled out a 77-76 victory over the visiting Atlanta Dream on Wednesday afternoon at Wintrust Arena.
Blackhawks | Chicago Blackhawks trade Anisimov to SenatorsThe Chicago Blackhawks traded center Artem Anisimov to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for 31-year-old forward Zack Smith.
Sports | Golf tip: Course knowledge and accepting your missUnderstanding the golf course and accepting your miss (every golfer has one) are two tips that to improve your play.
Columns | Players forced to pick between 2 of Chicago area's top women's golf tourneysThe 119th playing of the Women's Western Amateur began Tuesday at Royal Melbourne in Long Grove, and the Illinois Women's Open began its 25th anniversary celebration on the same day at Mistwood in Romeoville. The IWO ends Wednesday, the Women's Western on Saturday.
- 7:03 PMMongolia awaits star players in 2022 World Cup qualifying
- 6:52 PMMets bash way to 4th straight win, 14-4 over Twins
- 6:49 PMNational champion Baylor women add 2nd graduate transfer
- 6:44 PMA's hit 6 home runs to back Bailey in 10-2 win over Mariners
- 6:43 PMPistons claim F-C Christian Wood off waivers
- Boys' BasketballLegendary St. Joseph basketball coach Gene Pingatore dies at 82
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Boys' BasketballElgin basketball coach Hess resigns after one season
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsServices Saturday for Karen Kublank, Title IX pioneer at Palatine High
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more