Blackhawks | Johnson 'really excited for the opportunity' with Blackhawks
New Blackhawks forward Tyler Johnson was somewhat shocked when told he was being moved from Tampa Bay, but he's also excited for a fresh start.
Latest Sports Videos
News | Geneva psychologist on Simone Biles: 'This is a moment that could have a great impact'Geneva-based clinical and performance psychologist Peter Temple believes the Simone Biles conversation could have a big impact on mental health treatment, especially with young athletes.
Bears | Bears defensive tackle Goldman makes long-awaited return to practiceAfter a tough year sitting out for coronavirus concerns -- 'just being away kind of killed me' -- Bears' nose tackle Eddie Goldman reported on Wednesday in "great shape," with expectations of regaining his Pro Bowl-caliber form.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Simone Biles scores a victory for the enduring glory of independent thoughtJim O'Donnell: Simone Biles is a winner from the sidelines, too.
Blackhawks | Will all of these moves lead Blackhawks to playoffs?The Blackhawks kicked off the opening day of free agency by trading Nikita Zadorov to Calgary, signing defenseman Jake McCabe to a four-year deal and inking forward Jujhar Khaira. Now, have they done enough to compete for a playoff spot. Yes. But only if ...
Cubs | No trades, but Bryant thinking about life after the CubsThe Cubs didn't make any trades as of Tuesday evening. After a 7-4 loss to the Reds at Wrigley Field, Kris Bryant began to reflect on his life after the Cubs and dealing with trade-deadline rumors.
White Sox | Kopech excelling out of Chicago White Sox bullpenAfter missing the last two seasons, Michael Kopech is back this year pitching out of the White Sox's bullpen. He's likely to be back in the starting rotation in 2022, but Kopech is faring very well as a reliever.
Cubs | Cubs' Baez out for third straight game with bruised heelCubs shortstop Javy Baez was out for the third straight day due to a bruised heel, and also found out he would be fined, not suspended for taunting Reds pitcher Amir Garrett at the end of Monday's game.
Cubs | Best of frenemies? Baez-Garrett feud carries onCubs shortstop Javy Baez was scratched from Tueday's lineup due to a bruised heel that kept him out Monday as well, until his game-winning hit as a pinch-hitter in the ninth inning. After the hit, Baez continued to exchange taunts with Reds reliever Amir Garrett.
Cubs | Bryant sees a need to focus on mental health in sports and societyCubs slugger Kris Bryant has been dealing with trade rumors for a large part of his career, and they're louder than ever this week. On Tuesday, he talked about the mental health side of playing baseball.
Sports | How local Olympians fared Tuesday: Men's volleyball looks strongWith 21 kills, TJ DeFalco led the United States men's volleyball team to a win over Tunisia on Tuesday.
Sports | Olympic champ Biles withdraws from all-around competitionThe American gymnastics superstar withdrew from Thursday's all-around competition to focus on her mental well-being.
- 9:12 PMReyes nearly hits bicyclist with homer in Indians' win
- 9:08 PMFrom Rodgers to Watson, all about QBs as NFL camps begin
- 8:57 PMAP source: Yanks reach deal to get slugger Gallo from Texas
- 8:44 PMLEADING OFF: Gallo preps for Yanks, Nats dealing with COVID
- 8:30 PMLions coach Dan Campbell was sleepless before 1st practice
- Girls' BasketballHare transfers from Bartlett to Naperville North
- St. CharlesAn All-American year: St. Charles North's Sinnaeve overcomes obstacles, earns national honor
- Boys' BasketballBuffalo Grove's Craft chooses Xavier
- Prep SportsOlympic bound: Former Prospect, Illini track star Kendziera going to Tokyo
- Prep SportsSt. Viator names DeLeon as new boys soccer coach
- Prep FootballThey want you: Need a job? Youth, prep sports desperately need referees
- Prep FootballMetea Valley's 2-sport standout Johnson excited about future at NIU
- Girls' BasketballBurlington Central's Charles picks Princeton
- Girls' BasketballBatavia grad Fruendt joins staff at Tennessee
- Prep SportsOff at college: Wheeling's Blair honored for excellence on and off the track
- Prep SportsOff at college: Benet grad Abello earns Academic All-American of the Year
- Boys' BasketballBurlington Central grad Mayfield makes move to Division I basketball
- Prep SportsOff at college: Illinois Wesleyan's Morton earns golf All-America honors
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles North's DeMarco wins Illinois Gatorade player of the year
- PalatinePalatine's Bostick decides on Iowa
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more