Special Report | How Bears' purchase of Arlington Park happened, and what might happen next
While talk of a Bears move to the suburbs has been happening for years, the team's pending purchase of Arlington Park and its 326 acres makes a move feel more real than ever before. Here's a look at how we got to this point, and what might happen next.
Latest Sports Videos
Sky | Chicago Sky rout Mercury 86-50, one win away from titleKahleah Copper scored 20 of her 22 points in the first half and Chicago used a dominant defensive effort to reach a record rout of the Phoenix Mercury 86-50 on Friday night, moving the Sky one victory away from the franchise's first WNBA title.
Columns | Arkush: Just how special is the Bears-Packers rivalry? A win Sunday would be bigHub Arkush wonders what a victory Sunday at home against Green Bay might say about the progress of the Bears.
Bears | Bears rookie running back Herbert relishes chance to show what he can doSean Hammond talks about how rookie running back Kahlil Herbert is looking forward to his first Chicago Bears start.
Cubs | Cubs name Carter Hawkins GMAfter 14 seasons with the Cleveland Indians, Carter Hawkins named general manager of the Cubs.
White Sox | Anderson: 'Positive' season for White Sox with better days to comeTim Anderson is not happy with the way the White Sox fared in the playoffs, but the all-star shortstop said there are plenty of positives to take into next season.
NHL | Blackhawks can't complete comeback against DevilsJack Hughes scored his second goal of the game less than a minute into overtime and the New Jersey Devils beat the Blackhawks 4-3 after blowing a late 2-goal lead on Friday night.
Columns | Hawks' opening loss to Avs no reason to overreactIt was a rough opener for the Blackhawks Wednesday in Colorado, but it figures to be quickly forgotten once the season begins to unfold.
Bears | Bears' Mack hasn't practiced all week, but Nagy confident he'll play SundayKhalil Mack hasn't practiced this week, but coach Matt Nagy is optimistic he'll be in the lineup Sunday at home against the Packers.
Special Report | Racing board member backs bid for horses, Bears to coexist at Arlington ParkWhile acknowledging that Arlington Park's future as a racetrack "looks bleak," a suburban Illinois Racing Board commissioner said Thursday he's still holding out hope that racing will continue at the Arlington Heights venue.
Special Report | How Churchill's casino interest set Bears deal for Arlington in motionLending more credence today to the Chicago Bears' interest in the sprawling Arlington Park property -- combined with the likely reality that the 94-year-old historic thoroughbred horse racing venue has crossed its finish line -- can be traced to a corporate decision of the racetrack's ownership three years ago.
Wolves | Wolves open Saturday at home against RockfordAfter having to go 19 months without playing in front of their fans at Allstate Arena, the Chicago Wolves get back to normal with Saturday's opener against the Rockford IceHogs at 7 p.m. in Rosemont. Second-year head coach Ryan Warsofsky pilots a squad loaded with top prospects and proven veterans as the Wolves shoot for their fifth Central Division title since 2017 and their fifth league championship since being founded in 1994.
- 2:29 AMNo. 9 Oregon holds off tenacious California 24-17
- 2:20 AMHouston will look to extend series lead over Boston in Game 2
- 2:12 AMNo. 24 San Diego St. outlasts San Jose St. 19-13 in 2 OTs
- 2:10 AMLos Angeles hosts Minnesota after Kopitar's 3-goal game
- 2:10 AMDetroit hosts Vancouver following shootout win
- Prep FootballMSL East belongs to Prospect as Knights hand Hersey 1st loss
- Prep FootballGlenbard North denies St. Charles North its 5th win
- Prep FootballJacobs stymies Hampshire for 5th win
- Prep FootballPrairie Ridge pulls away from Crystal Lake South
- Prep FootballGlenbard South victory at Glenbard East is meaningful
- Prep FootballGrayslake Central punches its playoff ticket by beating Lakes
- Prep FootballA historic night for Wauconda
- Prep FootballLarkin rallies in 4th quarter to stun Elgin, become playoff eligible
- Prep FootballAntioch rolls over Round Lake, keeps playoff hopes alive
- Prep FootballCyr's big night helps Hoffman Estates clinch automatic playoff berth share of MSL West title
- Prep FootballNazareth hands Montini fifth defeat of season
- Prep FootballGlenbard West gets it together against Lyons Twp.
- Prep FootballBatavia steamrolls St. Charles East
- Prep FootballFilosa returns York to winning ways against Willowbrook
- Prep FootballSouth Elgin shuts out Bartlett