MLB | Hank Aaron, baseball's one-time home run king, dies at 86
Hank Aaron, who endured racist threats with stoic dignity during his pursuit of Babe Ruth but went on to break the career home run record in the pre-steroids era, died early Friday. He was 86.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Hank Aaron was 'a very easy person to idolize'Hank Aaron, one of major-league baseball's all-time greats, died Friday at the age of 86. "He was an icon," former White Sox shortstop/manager Ozzie Guillen said. "He was a great human being."
Columns | Why the legendary Hank Aaron meant so much to MilwaukeeHank Aaron was a legendary baseball player, but he meant even more to Milwaukee and Wisconsin. "As great as a baseball player as he was, and he's probably top five, he was twice as great a man," says longtime Brewers beat writer Tom Haudricourt said. "He loved Milwaukee and Wisconsin, and they loved him right back."
Columns | Billy Williams reflects on Hank Aaron's legacy, Alabama baseball rootsCubs all-time great Billy Williams reflects on growing up with Hank Aaron.
Columns | Bears' wide receivers were not the problem with passing game last seasonHub Arkush: The wide receivers weren't the main problem with the passing game in 2020.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks' Strome is winning more faceoffs this seasonBlackhawks forward Dylan Strome has won 61.3 percent of his faceoffs thus far, ranking 11th in the league before Friday's game. "Just buckling down. Not really sure what the secret is," Strome said.
Columns | David Montgomery excelled in spite of Bears offense, not because of itHub Arkush: Bears need a No. 2 back to bolster the run game.
White Sox | Cover story: Sox shortstop Tim Anderson's profile continues to riseChicago White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson is thrilled after being chosen as the cover player for R.B.I. Baseball 21, a popular video game. Anderson also likes the look of the Sox's roster as spring training approaches.
MLB | Trivia tribute to a towering figure: Hank AaronA trivia tribute to one of the all-time greats, Hank Aaron.
Girls' Basketball | IDPH issues new sports guidelines; all sports allowed for regions in Phase 4Illinois Department of Public Health director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said Friday all regions in Illinois that reach Phase 4 of COVID-19 mitigations can play all high school sports, including basketball an football.
Bulls | Bulls' Young close to buying stake in Australian teamBulls forward Thaddeus Young confirmed a report that he's planning to purchase an ownership stake in the Brisbane Bullets of Australia's National Basketball League.
Sports | Getting closer: Carpentersville native Tennell ready to make run at Olympic goldCarpentersville native Bradie Tennell is one of the best figure skaters in the world. Fresh off her U.S. Figure Skating Championships last week, Tennell is closer than ever to a lifelong goal, an individual Olympic medal.
- 8:15 PMMcDonald scores 20 to lead Arizona over Utah
- 8:13 PMJA Happ, Twins finalize $8 million, 1-year contract
- 7:44 PMFormer big leaguer Davey Johnson hospitalized with COVID
- 7:38 PMChicago Bears promote Sean Desai to defensive coordinator
- 7:25 PMMATCHDAY: Madrid without isolating Zidane; FA Cup in England
- Girls' BasketballIDPH issues new sports guidelines; all sports allowed for regions in Phase 4
- LisleWhy Molly Sheehan made the tough choice to leave Benet
- Girls' GymnasticsWith mitigation changes, here's what's next for high school sports
- Prep SportsFilipovic looking to lead younger St. Charles North swim team
- Prep SportsOlsen heads into St. Charles Hall of Fame while battling cancer
- Girls' BasketballRosenfeldt, Whitley step into bigger roles at UAB
- St. CharlesSt. Charles friends Chumbley, Benjamin ready to make a difference for NU wrestling
- Prep SportsLarkin grad Sienko continues to savor coaching career with Dodgers
- Girls' BasketballYoung Wheaton College squad tries to defend CCIW title
- NapervilleFormer Judson coach Taylor lands North Central softball job
- Prep FootballGrant Blaney, Buffalo Grove coaching legend, dies at 86
- NewsFund in Bob Frisk's name to help student journalists in three suburban districts
- NewsAthlete of the Week, sponsored by GioStar Chicago: Glenbrook South's Eden Frick
- Prep SportsLow-risk high school sports return for some regions, but not in suburbs
- Prep SportsGeneva grad Turnbull makes professional soccer debut in England
Former Los Angeles Dodgers Hall of Fame manager Tommy Lasorda died Thursday, January 7, 2020, at the age of 93.