Sports | Arlington Park won't open until at least June 1
Arlington Park cancels May racing due to coronavirus pandemic.
Latest Sports Videos
Blackhawks | Blackhawks' Calvin de Haan joins friends in brewing business in OntarioSee how Blackhawks defenseman Calvin de Haan became part owner of a brewery in his hometown of Carp, Ontario.
Cubs | With play on hold, MLB players get big win on service timeIn an agreement with owners hatched out late last week, veteran major-league players will get a full year of service time this season regardless of how many games are played.
Columns | Rozner: Nationals' comeback one for the agesWhile the baseball world had given up on the 2019 Washington Nationals at 19-31, they never quit on themselves.
Columns | Baseball Way Back: Taking in Wrigley Field, then-Comiskey Park for the first timeColumnist Steve Zalusky reminisces on his first time at Wrigley Field and Comiskey Park.
Bears | The Bears shouldn't be done in free agency until they re-sign McManisNo reason the Bears shouldn't continue to pursue free agents.
Sports | Clubhouse Chatter: What is your favorite high school gym/stadium?We asked our prep sports staff about their favorite school gyms/stadiums. See what they had to say.
Prep Sports | Busy families adjusting to spring without sportsJuggling schedules and balls is just life for a family of J's. Now, parents Joe and Julie Pozezinski and their children Jacob, Jenna and Jess suddenly have their hands in the air and nothing to juggle. The Grayslake family is not alone when it comes to dealing with unexpected downtime this spring.
Cubs | Go Figure: Keeping the baseball juices flowingMatt Baron takes a gander at some interesting baseball tidbits while sports remain on hiatus.
College Sports | Hammock feels NIU had strong offseason, despite disruptionNorthern Illinois got through two spring football practices before college sports were canceled. Coach Thomas Hammock talked about dealing with the disruption and improving on last year's 5-7 record.
Cubs | 2 Cubs employees test positive for COVID-19 virusTwo Chicago Cubs employees who attended an annual training session at Wrigley Field on March 8 have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus
- Girls' BasketballRogers or Dugalic? Both have a case for being the best
- LibertyvilleStaying fit at home a challenge, but it can be done
- Girls' BasketballGeneva repeated the feat with thriller against Montini
- Girls' BasketballGeneva's second Hart Stopper an impossible act to beat
- Prep SportsHow local athletes are staying in shape until, and if, spring sports resume
- Prep SportsIHSA's Anderson updates schools on the state of spring sports
- Prep SportsBusy families adjusting to spring without sports
- Boys' BasketballMeadows' double-overtime classic win over Buffalo Grove was exhilarating
- Boys' BasketballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Prep FootballLake Park's Roll speaks out about his firing as coach
- Girls' BasketballBenet's Doyle left her mark on Iowa
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Prep SportsBaseball: Wauconda graduates Mascheri and Malisheski helping each other reach lofty goals
- Boys' BasketballBuffalo Grove-Meadows game provided an electric atmosphere
- Prep SportsLocal elite athletes' quest for records put on hold