Columns | Thomas shatters course record for 6-shot lead
Justin Thomas took the spotlight back Saturday with a dazzling 11-under-par 61 for a 6-shot lead.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Rozner: Rising star Schauffele in mix for FedEx CupXander Schauffele is determined to live up to expectations. His own.
Columns | Tiger Woods plays better but still far off leadTiger Woods played better Saturday, shooting a 50-under 67 at Medinah No. 3, but it may not matter. Woods is a longshot to get into the top 30, and his season will likely end when the last putt drops Sunday.
Columns | WGA leaves its mark: More than 1,000 caddies get college scholarshipsLen Ziehm notes the Western Golf Association exceeds its goal of number of college scholarships for caddies.
Cubs | Cubs look to Little League Classic to cure road troublesMaybe a Sunday night trip to Williamsport, Pa., and some good Little League vibes can shake the Cubs out of their road doldrums.
White Sox | Angels rally for 4 runs in 7th inning to beat White Sox 6-5Mike Trout and Brian Goodwin drove in two runs apiece, and the Los Angeles Angels scored four in the seventh inning to rally past the Chicago White Sox 6-5.
College Sports | Former QB Riley Lees in position to be one of NU's top receiversLibertyville native Riley Lees made the transition from high school quarterback to college receiver, and is expected to be one of Northwestern's offensive weapons this season.
News | How Sox broadcaster's Benetti's 'Awkward Moments' promotes understanding of disabilitiesChicago White Sox TV announcer Jason Benetti is sharing the "Awkward Moments" of his life as a person with cerebral palsy.
Pro Sports | Chicago Fire keeps playoffs within reachThe Chicago Fire climbed a little closer to the playoff line with a 2-0 victory at home against the Philadelphia Union.
Pro Sports | Uchman's Arlington selections for Sunday's racesHere is today's link to Daily Herald handicapper Ron Uchman's selections for thoroughbred racing at Arlington International on Sunday, plus Joe Mazzone's picks for harness racing at Hawthorne.
MLB | Column: MLB needs to protect its fans at every ballparkColumn: Major League Baseball is playing a dangerous game by dragging its feet on all teams having protective netting from foul pole to foul pole
- 2:20 AMPirates host Cubs, aim to build on Brault's solid showing
- 2:20 AMBoston hosts Baltimore following Rodriguez's strong showing
- 2:20 AMTexas takes 3-game skid into matchup with Minnesota
- 2:20 AMSabathia expected to start as Yankees host the Indians
- 2:20 AMSeattle's Seager puts 11-game hit streak on the line against Blue Jays
- Boys' BasketballSchaumburg's Hodges commits to Wisconsin
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Vasudeva, Vernon Hills look to carry on winning tradition
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Consistency keys Stevenson's success
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Changes aplenty in Mid-Suburban League
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Barrington will try to maintain recent success
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Waubonsie Valley's Troy looks to take final step
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Naperville North yearns for new glory
- Prep FootballWarren has no plans to slow down this season
- Prep FootballFrom the beach to the gridiron, go-time is here
- Girls' BasketballO'Donnell: 'State' high -- Melissa Isaacson's new book bounding toward national radar
- Prep SportsCook scoreboard for Thursday, August 15
- Prep FootballTeams coming to grips with new rules limiting playing time