Bulls | Bulls get good news on LaVine injury; Donovan ready to embrace the pain
An MRI exam showed no significant damage to Zach LaVine's left knee, which he injured during Friday's loss to Golden State. Before Saturday's game against Boston, coach Billy Donovan talked about how this adversity could be good for the Bulls.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Where do Bears head coach, GM jobs rank among NFL openings?Hub Arkush ranks the desirability factor for GM and head coaching jobs among those in the market.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks blank Ducks to win 4th straightThe Blackhawks beat the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday at the United Center to notch their 4th-straight win.
Columns | O'Donnell: Vegas odds say Flores but Bill Polian's back pages circle closer to Super Bowl XXJim O'Donnell: The oddsmakers have Brian Flores as the next Bears coach, but Les Frazier could be closing in.
Cubs | Sox land top Cuban prospect; Cubs use family tiesThe White Sox landed the No. 5 international prospect in OF Oscar Colas, while the Cubs went with numbers as the MLB's international signing period began Saturday.
Columns | Zalusky: Veeck, Doby and the integration of the American LeagueSteve Zalusky: A look back on Larry Doby and what he brought to baseball.
Bears | Three Bears named to AP All-Pro 2nd teamSean Hammond: Three Bears players were named Friday to The Associated Press All-Pro 2nd team. Outside linebacker Robert Quinn, inside linebacker Roquan Smith and punt returner Jakeem Grant Sr. all received votes from the 50-person voting panel.
Bulls | After all these years, Kerr admits he's still a Bulls fanGolden State coach Steve Kerr expressed his continuing fondness for the Bulls before Friday's game at the United Center and also offered a tribute to DeMar DeRozan.
NFL | Bengals hold on, finally win in playoffs, 26-19 over RaidersJoe Burrow led an efficient offense that scored on six drives, including two of his touchdown passes, and rookie Evan McPherson made four field goals as the Cincinnati Bengals finally advanced in the playoffs with a 26-19 win over Las Vegas in Saturday's wild-card game
NFL | AP source: Vikings invite Hackett, 6 others for interviewsThe Minnesota Vikings have begun the search for a new coach
Girls' Basketball | Downers Grove North falls in OT at Kipp HoopsfestKate Gross and Downers Grove North, like so many other teams, have dealt with their share of adversity in this disjointed season. The Trojans had to pull out of a Christmas tournament after advancing to the semifinals. They played Saturday at the 32nd Coach Kipp Hoopsfest without three starters.
- 12:28 PMEverton fires Rafa Benitez after 200 days as manager
- 12:27 PMSweat inactive for Eagles after having 'emergency procedure'
- 12:05 PMAnalysis: Novak Djokovic's legal loss is loss for Open, fans
- 11:57 AMHarrison's hat trick gives Leeds 3-2 win at West Ham in EPL
- 11:51 AMRuled out: Australia deports Djokovic for being unvaccinated
- Prep WrestlingGirls wrestling: Schaumburg a solid second at Hoffman Estates tourney
- Prep WrestlingWrestling: McHenry, Marian shine at Batavia
- Boys' BasketballBurlington Central routs Wheaton North to reach MLK title game
- Girls' BasketballHersey bowls over Batavia
- Boys' BasketballLibertyville will play for title at Lake Zurich
- Boys' BasketballSammons comes up big for Fremd again
- Girls' BasketballStevenson hangs on to down Libertyville
- Girls' BasketballWhite, Montini shine at 32nd Kipp Hoopsfest
- Boys' BasketballConant knocks off Wheeling for 10th win
- Girls' GymnasticsProspect's Gianfrancesco shines at Knights' invite
- Girls' GymnasticsVernon Hills snares Lake County championship
- Boys' BasketballKaneland, Carlson roll Yorkville
- Girls' BasketballBasketball scores for Saturday, Jan. 15
- Girls' BasketballYork's challenging schedule continues with loss to Marist
- Girls' BasketballYoung's defense stymies Burlington Central