Cubs | McGraw: As Cubs take to the corn, is "Field of Dreams" worth watching?
The Cubs and Reds will take the cornfield Thursday for the MLB's second "Field of Dreams" game in Dyersville, Iowa. The team success won't match last year's White Sox-Yankees game, and according to the Des Moines Register, actor Kevin Costner is not planning to attend.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Weak Cubs-Reds game could turn Fox/MLB cornfield dream into a nightmareThursday night, Major League Baseball and Fox Sports will wind it up again on a chopped-up piece of Iowa farm land and solemnly present "Field of Dreams II." The telecast, the event and the diluted redux all reek of profit pandering in the first degree.
Columns | Hub Arkush: The price of poker potentially just went way up for Roquan SmithBears linebacker Roquan Smith wants out of Chicago. The 25-year-old linebacker has requested a trade, according to the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Bears | 2022 Bears training camp: Offense, defense grades for Aug. 10As the first preseason game approaches, the Bears' 90-man roster is looking thin thanks to injuries. More than a dozen players sat out practice Wednesday.
Cubs | Hoerner, Cubs top power-hitting rookie Meneses, NationalsNico Hoerner homered to ignite a 4-run rally in the seventh inning.
Bears | How was the grass at Soldier Field this week? 'I've seen better,' Santos saysBecause he kicks at Soldier Field for the Chicago Bears, place-kicker Cairo Santos must practice in some unconventional spots.
White Sox | Sox shortstop Tim Anderson expected to miss 6 weeks with finger injuryWhite Sox shortstop Tim Anderson is likely going to be sidelined for six weeks after having finger surgery on his left hand. Anderson hurt himself on a check swing in Saturday night's loss at Texas.
Columns | 'It was a long journey': Settler's Hill golf course back open after renovationThe renovation of the Settler's Hill course in Batavia wasn't easy -- even for veteran Chicago area golf architect Greg Martin.
Columns | Bears GM Ryan Poles is disappointed that Roquan Smith wants a trade. Can he fix the situation?Instead of a fun-loving Family Day at Soldier Field on Tuesday, the Bears received the equivalent of divorce papers from Roquan Smith.
White Sox | Sosa's first HR helps White Sox salvage split with RoyalsWith Tim Anderson out for six weeks with a finger injury, Lenyn Sosa is going to get a chance to play with the White Sox. Sosa made the most of the opportunity in Game 2 of a doubleheader vs. the Royals Tuesday, hitting his first major-league homer in a 3-2 win. The Sox lost Game 1, 4-2.
Cubs | Reyes delivers clutch hit in Cubs debut, but Nationals triumphSix-foot-5 slugger Franmil Reyes made his Cubs debut on Tuesday night at Wrigley Field after the Cubs claimed him off waivers from Cleveland. Reyes has a couple of close connections on the Cubs coaching staff from his days in San Diego.
- 5:59 PMBroncos now sport the NFL's richest, most diverse ownership
- 5:42 PMStidham relishing role with Raiders, playing for McDaniels
- 5:40 PMHoerner, Cubs top power-hitting rookie Meneses, Nationals
- 5:39 PMTigers GM Al Avila fired after 7 years, no playoffs
- 5:33 PMAlabama WR Earle to miss start of season with foot injury
- Prep Football'I am just so ready to play again': Prep football season starts in the suburbs
- Prep FootballGlenbard West eyes return to glory
- Prep FootballHuntley looks to bounce back
- Prep SportsHigh school basketball game the spark for Radtke's career
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows' Christie chooses Minnesota
- Prep FootballAlum Possley takes over at St. Charles East
- Prep FootballWheaton North enters 2022 season with target on its back
- Prep FootballCarlson, Kaneland set to take next step
- Prep FootballGerke's role expanding at Batavia
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time
- Prep FootballQB Reichert looking to return Downers Grove North to playoffs
- NapervilleFormer Naperville Central, Wheaton College coach Bishop 'was ahead of his time'
- Prep FootballProkos can get job done on both sides of the ball for Crystal Lake South
- Prep SportsDundee-Crown announces this year's Hall of Fame Class
- NewsMaine East grad returns as new hoops head coach