Blackhawks | Blackhawks introduce top draft choice
Kirby Dach's competitive fire is a big reason the Chicago Blackhawks chose the 6-foot-4, 198-pound center as the No. 3 pick in the NHL Draft. Dach met the media in Chicago for the first time inside the United Center on Monday.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Baez's blast rallies Cubs past Mets, 5-3Javier Baez hit a 3-run homer in the bottom of the eighth inning Sunday to rally the Cubs to a 5-3 victory over the New York Mets at Wrigley Field.
White Sox | Federowicz, Santana hit early HRs, Rangers top White Sox 7-4Tim Federowicz and Danny Santana hit two-out, Shawn Kelley shut down a late White Sox rally with his first four-out save in three years as the Texas Rangers beat Chicago 7-4.
Columns | Rozner: While management worries, Cubs' Maddon just managesCubs management is always looking for the next answer, but manager Joe Maddon only worries about who's available today.
Pro Sports | Sky dismantle league-best Sun; 2nd place Mystics up nextThe Chicago Sky came up with one of its biggest wins in recent history, dismantling the first-place team in the WNBA, the Connecticut Sun, 93-75
Pro Sports | First half of the season ends in frustration for Chicago FireThe Chicago Fire ended the first half of the 2019 season with a 1-1 draw against visiting Real Salt Lake.
Sports | Scouting report: Cubs vs. Atlanta Braves at Wrigley FieldThe National League East-leading Atlanta Braves invade Wrigley Field for a four-game series beginning Monday night.
White Sox | Scouting report: White Sox vs. Boston Red SoxAfter playing the Cubs at Wrigley Field and the Rangers in Texas, the Chicago White Sox wrap up their road trip with a three-game series against the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park.
MLB | Rodriguez looking to improve in ESPN baseball boothAlex Rodriguez had to make some adjustments when he switched from shortstop to third base after signing with the New York Yankees. He is having the same type of learning curve as a game analyst.
Blackhawks | Hawks deal Hayden to Devils; Subban, Marleau trades overshadow 2nd day of NHL draftP.K. Subban and Patrick Marleau are on the move in a pair of trades, overshadowing the start of the second day of the NHL draft. The Blackhawks also dealt forward John Hayden to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for John Quenneville from the New Jersey Devils
Pro Sports | France beats Brazil 2-1 in extra time, reaches WCup quartersFrance survived a tense extra-time knockout match against Brazil and advanced to the Women's World Cup quarterfinals when captain Amandine Henry redirected Amel Majri's free kick for a tiebreaking goal in the 107th minute of a 2-1 victory
- 4:05 PMBlue Jackets at center of attention as NHL free agency looms
- 3:46 PMPistons owner forming joint venture to redevelop Palace area
- 3:34 PMUS in the World Cup quarterfinals after 2-1 win over Spain
- 3:18 PMJudge approves $24 million settlement over Rams' PSLs
- 3:07 PMRaiders to host Rams for 2 joint practices
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
- Prep SportsBaseball / Final Top 20
- Prep SportsImages: Huntley vs. St. Charles East, Class 4A State Championship in Softball
- Prep SportsImages: St. Francis vs. Sycamore, Class 3A State Championship in Softball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more