College Sports | Stunner! Illini upset Wisconsin on last-second field goal
James McCourt kicked a 39-yard field as time expired and Illinois pulled off the biggest upset of the college football season, knocking off No. 6 Wisconsin 24-23 on Saturday.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Arkush: Sunday's game may be a big statement for either Bears or SaintsSunday's Bears-Saints game is not a must-win for either team. But this is easily the biggest statement game of Nagy's and Trubisky's young careers. The Bears appear to have almost all hands on deck while the loss of tight end Jared Cook and their all-pro running back Alvin Kamara may loom huge for the Saints.
Blackhawks | Dach back with Hawks, but when will he make NHL debut?Kirby Dach is back with the Chicago Blackhawks, but when will he make his NHL debut? It's a good question with no immediate answer, but the 18-year-old forward was happy to talk about how he'll feel once that day arrives.
MLB | Altuve hits walk-off homer to send Astros to the World Series vs. NationalsJose Altuve homered off Aroldis Chapman with two outs in the ninth inning and the Houston Astros outlasted the New York Yankees 6-4 Saturday night to advance to the World Series for the second time in three years.
NFL | Rodgers throws 5 TD passes, Packers gash Raiders 42-24Aaron Rodgers had his best game by far under new Packers coach Matt LaFleur, throwing for 429 yards and five touchdowns and running for another as Green Bay beat the Oakland Raiders 42-24
NFL | Colts take AFC South lead with 30-23 victory over TexansJacoby Brissett throws career-high four touchdown passes and Colts seal 30-23 victory over Texans with Darius Leonard's late interception
NFL | Edmonds runs for 3 TDs, Cards top Giants in Barkley's returnChase Edmonds runs for 3 touchdowns as Cardinals top Giants 27-21 in Saquon Barkley's return
NFL | Minshew, defense lead Jaguars over winless Bengals 27-17Gardner Minshew led a fourth-quarter touchdown drive that put Jacksonville ahead to stay, and Yannick Ngakoue returned an interception 23 yards to clinch a 27-17 victory over the winless Cincinnati Bengals
NFL | Rams snap skid by beating Falcons 37-10 as Ryan hurts ankleGoff throws 2 TD passes, runs for score as Rams snap 3-game losing streak with 37-10 win over reeling Falcons
Bulls | Bulls assistant Fleming took the path less traveled through GermanyBulls assistant coach Chris Fleming had an unusual training ground. The New Jersey native spent 20 years as a player and coaching in Germany, a country not usually known for basketball.
Sports | Hendrick Motorsports in playoff peril at Kansas SpeedwayElliott, Bowman, Byron outside cutline for round of 8 in playoff race at Kansas Speedway
- 4:15 PMThe Latest: Rivers moves to 6th all-time in yards passing
- 3:58 PMInter unbothered by parachutist landing in win over Sassuolo
- 3:45 PMOnce again, No. 4 Clemson not allowing many yards or points
- 3:37 PMThe Latest: Hamlin wins 2nd stage at Kansas Speedway
- 3:26 PMNC Courage advance to NWSL final with 4-1 win over the Reign
- Prep FootballGlenbard West dives past Hinsdale Central for OT win
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Strokes of genius: Stevenson wins state
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Janess wins state championship, leading Barrington to 2nd
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Barrington runs away with MSL title
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Fremd nails down sectional championship
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Barrington sweeps titles at Cary-Grove sectional
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Warren (again), Lake Zurich's Johnston win NSC titles
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Quickly, Lakes' Heuser nets sectional title
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Glenbard West's sisters a tough act to beat
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Benet beats Huntley to win Autumnfest
- Prep SportsCross country: WW South's Poglitsch tracks down DuKane Conference championship
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Hersey fourth at Maine West Pumpkin Tournament
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Saturday, Oct. 19
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Saturday, Oct. 20
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Saturday, Oct. 20