Palatine votes to allow marijuana businesses in town
About 140 people filled the Palatine village council chambers Monday night to lobby for both sides of the issue of recreational marijuana sales, but in the end village leaders felt they were "boxed into a really bad law" and voted to allow marijuana retailers in the town.
Want to shop while you watch TV? NBC is hoping soShoppableTV's QR codes don't demand attention for long stretches. They appear on screen for about 30 seconds, enough time, executives believe, for viewers to unlock their smartphones and point a camera at the screen.
A friendly reminder from the FBI: Your smart TV could give hackers a way inSmart TVs top many holiday wish lists. But like any internet-connected device, they can be a convenient portal for hackers.
Twitter wanted to be the town square. Now it's also grappling with being a cemeteryAfter outrage over a policy to delete inactive accounts, Twitter struggles with how to handle deceased users.
Lazy Dog restaurant bringing 'opportunity to connect' to NapervilleA popular American restaurant with a dog-friendly patio is coming to Naperville as Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar plans to open there in February.
Palatine studying Northwest Highway corridor for possible redevelopmentPalatine's preliminary study on potential redevelopment of Northwest Highway properties from Hicks Road to just before Route 53 offers ideas such as the addition of multifamily housing.
Pelosi announces agreement on North American trade pactHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday announced agreement on a modified North American trade pact, handing President Donald Trump a major Capitol Hill win on the very same day that Democrats announced their impeachment charges against him.
Hoffman Estates recommends incentive to spur growth at cornersHoffman Estates officials are poised to grant an economic incentive Jan. 6 to spur development just west of The Arboretum of South Barrington shopping center, helping the vacant site join in on the commercial development going on around it.
Plan to allow marijuana sales in unincorporated Lake County delayedA plan to allow -- but regulate -- marijuana sales at licensed dispensaries in unincorporated areas of Lake County was delayed this week.
Model trains in a tire shop? Palatine auto service center display delights fans of all agesJohn Busch III, manager of Busch Auto Service Center in Palatine, admits it: You don't expect to see a Christmas train display in the showroom of a Goodyear tire dealer. But that's the beauty of it. It catches customers by surprise, and what a delightful surprise it is.
Mundelein board says thanks but no thanks to old Franks for the Memories signThe iconic pole sign outside Mundelein's Franks for the Memories restaurant is headed to the scrap pile.
Risks for future medical issues and the ADAEmployers sometimes express concerns about the health issues an employee or applicant may develop in the future due to his or her current physical condition, particularly weight. Whether the employer is focused on future safety concerns, the individual's longevity or potential worker's compensation claims, these conversations can get a bit dicey.
Making the most of wellness programs: Five ways to help people take advantage of well-being programsAs people seek to improve their health habits, here are some tips to help consumers become healthier and make the most of their well-being programs.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- PalatinePalatine votes to allow marijuana businesses in town
- NapervilleLazy Dog restaurant bringing 'opportunity to connect' to Naperville
- PalatinePalatine studying Northwest Highway corridor for possible redevelopment
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates recommends incentive to spur growth at corners
- Lake CountyPlan to allow marijuana sales in unincorporated Lake County delayed
- BarringtonModel trains in a tire shop? Palatine auto service center display delights fans of all ages
- MundeleinMundelein board says thanks but no thanks to old Franks for the Memories sign
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove board OKs new Woodman's gas station
- West DundeeNew West Dundee boutique 'a support group for plant parenthood'
- Vernon HillsIndustrial buildings proposed for former family farm in Vernon Hills
- BusinessTensor adds new folders to New Guinea newspaper press
- GurneeLake County chamber names new executive director
- LincolnshireLincolnshire to ban marijuana businesses
- PalatinePalatine chamber hosting annual awards event Friday
- Elk Grove VillageBrown Commercial brokers five transactions