Will Bahamas Bowl help Elk Grove? Some like sponsorship, some still skeptical
Elk Grove Village's decision to sponsor a college football bowl game received mixed reactions when it was first announced in July. Now a week ahead of the game, some residents and local merchants believe it's a great idea, while others remain skeptical that it'll reap the intended rewards.
Brown associate brokers three property salesBrown Commercial Group Senior Associate Mason Hezner recently negotiated three transactions totaling 22,280 square feet in Elk Grove Village and Buffalo Grove.
Aldi adds to grocery store options in Vernon Hills areaDiscount grocer Aldi's aggressive national expansion is coming to central Lake County with the grand opening Thursday of a new store in Vernon Hills.
The math test that Illinois is nearly flunkingIt's a math test that New Jersey, Illinois, and even Texas are nearly failing: How to pay for billions of dollars in unfunded liabilities for public-employee pensions and retiree health care.
St. Charles aldermen denounce anonymous effort to halt car wash projectSt. Charles aldermen are denouncing an anonymous flyer attempting to thwart the construction of a new car wash along Main Street.
Funeral home plans to open Elgin's first crematoriumDan Symonds, owner of Symonds-Madison funeral home in Elgin, said he and his wife plan to open the crematorium at 1330 Crispin Drive in an industrial area on the southwest side.
New industrial building in Wheeling completedDes Plaines-based The Missner Group and Timber Hill Group have recently completed construction of an industrial building at 1075 Chaddick Drive in Wheeling.
Elk Grove businesses are going to Bahamas Bowl for work, and a little pinballA December trip to a Caribbean island may sound like a perfect winter getaway, but Elk Grove Village officials and industrial leaders heading to the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl next week say it's a business trip.
Morcor, Jankowski earn Ferrara honorsFerrara Candy Company gave a Lifetime Achievement Award to Tony Moran of Morcor Industries, and inducted Les Jankowski into the company's Hall of Fame.
Feder: Daily Herald chosen for ProPublica Local Reporting NetworkThe Daily Herald has been selected to participate in the ProPublica Local Reporting Network, a program aimed at strengthening investigative journalism at local and regional news organizations.
Google grilled in Congress: What's ahead for tech companiesLawmakers pepper Google CEO with questions that give inkling of the issues facing tech next year
A Weighty Question for Employers: Is it Illegal to Discriminate Against Employees Because of Obesity?Since the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), one of the issues which continues to perplex employers is whether obesity is a disability under the Act. The answer to this question is important for many reasons.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Elk Grove VillageWill Bahamas Bowl help Elk Grove? Some like sponsorship, some still skeptical
- Buffalo GroveBrown associate brokers three property sales
- Vernon HillsAldi adds to grocery store options in Vernon Hills area
- St. CharlesSt. Charles aldermen denounce anonymous effort to halt car wash project
- ElginFuneral home plans to open Elgin's first crematorium
- WheelingNew industrial building in Wheeling completed
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove businesses are going to Bahamas Bowl for work, and a little pinball
- ItascaMorcor, Jankowski earn Ferrara honors
- Hoffman EstatesEx-CEO of Hoffman Estates company imprisoned for pocketing $2.2 million in investments
- LisleMolex receives automotive award
- St. CharlesRestaurant, offices proposed for new downtown St. Charles development
- BusinessHighland Park officials clear way for redevelopment project
- Oak BrookMidwest Orthopaedics at Rush expanding to Oak Brook
- Vernon HillsWhat's Lake County's economic outlook?
- NewsArlington Heights set to ban tobacco sales to those under 21
Through the Film Magnifer: Cheech and Chong, White Sox, Sunbathing, Roller Disco, Muhammad Ali, war protests and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Johnny Cash, Homing Pigeons, John Belushi, Ted Nugent, Marshall Brodien and more.