Glass of wine at the salon? Arlington Heights says OK
Patrons of Arlington Heights salons may soon be able to sip from a glass of wine while getting their nails done, under new liquor code changes approved Monday by the village board.
Restoration Hardware Outlet opens in former Schaumburg Carson'sRestoration Hardware Outlet has moved into the approximately 140,000-square-foot space previously occupied by Carson's at Streets of Woodfield shopping center in Schaumburg, demonstrating that there are specialty retailers in the market for larger spaces.
Old Ace Hardware likely to become new Ace Hardware in PalatineAnother Ace Hardware is expected to replace a franchise operated by a different ownership group that's going out of business at Palatine Plaza.
St. Charles likely to offer incentives for new sports barSt. Charles is expected to offer financial assistance to help transform a vacant downtown property into an upscale sports bar.
Senior community fulfills Grayslake woman's wish to see sisters againMary Perucca, an 85-year-old resident of Travanse Living at Grayslake, was beginning to think she would never see her three younger sisters again. But on Tuesday they were reunited at the senior community thanks to an essay written by her daughter.
I owe how much? Americans shocked by impact of new tax lawThe first tax filing season under the new federal tax law is proving to be surprising, confusing - and occasionally frightening - for some Americans, especially those accustomed to getting money back from the government.
Formerly Des Plaines Office Equipment, iconic business grows in reach, expertiseDes Plaines Office Equipment evolved into one of the largest independent suppliers of equipment and service in the metropolitan Chicago region. The company has expanded into print services, video displays, IT network and cloud-based services and has a new name, Pulse Technology.
House approves $15 minimum wage by 2025, and Pritzker's expected to make it officialIllinois legislators moved quickly Thursday to deliver one of new Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker's top campaign promises, a gradual hike in the statewide minimum wage from $8.25 to $15 an hour -- more than double the pay floor that most of its Midwestern neighbors require.
Mac's on Slade receives new liquor license, and a warning from Palatine officialsPalatine's elected officials issued a warning Monday that downtown bar and grill Mac's on Slade no longer can afford to violate local ordinances, but ultimately they granted a new liquor license to the establishment.
N-Jet celebrates 40 years of flightPrivate jet charter and jet aircraft management company N-Jet is celebrating its 40th anniversary,
An HR expert's advice to employers on reducing risk of workplace violence after a firingViolence stemming from employee firings is rare, but bosses can take specific steps to reduce the likelihood of potentially deadly confrontations like the one that occurred Friday in Aurora.
Your cybersecurity plan is only as strong as your weakest linkAccording to the American Bankers Association, banks stopped nearly $17 billion in attempted deposit account fraud in 2016. And -- unfortunately -- small, family-owned and privately held businesses like this accounting firm are often the target of these scams.
Why do business owners need a transition plan?Why do business owners need a transition plan? There are six core reasons.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- NewsGlass of wine at the salon? Arlington Heights says OK
- SchaumburgRestoration Hardware Outlet opens in former Schaumburg Carson's
- PalatineOld Ace Hardware likely to become new Ace Hardware in Palatine
- St. CharlesSt. Charles likely to offer incentives for new sports bar
- GrayslakeSenior community fulfills Grayslake woman's wish to see sisters again
- Lake VillaID Label celebrates 25 years
- PalatineMac's on Slade receives new liquor license, and a warning from Palatine officials
- WheelingN-Jet celebrates 40 years of flight
- AuroraAn HR expert's advice to employers on reducing risk of workplace violence after a firing
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows increases tobacco purchase age to 21
- LincolnshireManhard Consulting leases space in One Overlook Point in Lincolnshire
- Elk Grove VillageWynright makes regional account appointments
- ElginMiddleby CEO retires; CFO to head company
- East DundeeDonation could help East Dundee update, rebrand downtown signage
- PalatineEditorial: Camaraderie among competitors helps downtown Palatine bar reopen after fire