Annie's OK, but Mundelein firefighters have MegaCode Kelly to help them save lives
Mundelein firefighters and paramedics are counting on a high-tech mannequin named MegaCode Kelly to help them save people experiencing cardiac arrest.
More tenants coming to DuPage Business Center in West ChicagoA growing number of projects are coming to a business park in West Chicago that once struggled to find tenants.
Neighbors fear parking issues, cramped views from downtown Naperville developmentA new developer has bought a downtown Naperville property and wants to change the plan for what can be built there, but neighbors fear the proposal will bring parking problems and a cramped living environment.
District 54 hires broker to sell donated Schaumburg landSchaumburg Township Elementary District 54 school board members have hired the Oak Brook-based real estate broker CBRE to assist in the district's latest attempt to sell a 4.4-acre parcel of donated land in Schaumburg.
Illinois Lift Equipment leases Cary siteBrown Commercial Group represented both tenant Illinois Lift Equipment Inc. and landlord DOD Technologies Inc. in the lease of 29,000 square feet at 675 Industrial Drive in Cary.
AbbVie strikes $63 billion deal for Botox-maker AllerganAbbVie Inc. has agreed to pay $63 billion for rival drugmaker Allergan, the latest huge merger in a pharmaceutical sector rapidly being reshaped by deals.
Feder: Crain's hires Daily Line's A.D. QuigA.D. Quig, a reporter and producer for The Daily Line, a subscription newsletter on state and local politics, has been hired to cover government and politics for Crain's Chicago Business, Robert Feder writes.
Analysis: Allergan is a $63B Botox job for AbbVieWhen the maker of the top-selling arthritis drug says it's buying a leader in anti-wrinkle treatments, you'd be forgiven if your initial response to the news was that it seems like a match made in heaven. But take a closer look, and AbbVie's $63 billion purchase of Botox maker Allergan isn't such a perfect fit.
Holistic Science Pain Clinic marks 10th anniversaryDr. Asad Cheema and his team of professionals at the Holistic Science Pain Clinic are marking their 10th anniversary in the greater Joliet community.
Atlantic Plywood expands into MidwestAtlantic Plywood, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Parksite, is expanding its product mix into the Midwest, the company announced Monday.
Entrepreneur finds new life for old MacsAn interview with Scott Pauga, founder and CEO of Second Life Mac based in Skokie.
Business Ledger | 12 things you may not know about Radio FlyerFor more than 100 years, Radio Flyer has created icons of childhood through innovative toys that spark imagination and inspire active outdoor play. In doing so, it has created an atmosphere at the workplace that has sparked numerous awards and accolades, inlcuding the No. 1 small company in the Business Ledger's 2019 Best Places to Work in Illinois awards.
Handling employee complaints about coworker harassment: Just how effective is your prompt and effective corrective action?As an employer, when it comes to compliance with employment laws and regulations, you strive to do everything right. But as a recent case makes clear, an employer who does everything can still be found liable for allowing a hostile work environment to persist.
Embracing the total rewards conceptTwo recent MRA Hot Topic Surveys indicated that while competitive pay and employer-sponsored health insurance remain two of the most valued employee benefits,
AMITA Health offers state-of-the-art joint replacementAMITA Health's state-of-the-art Center for Advanced Joint Replacement in Hoffman Estates offers extraordinary technology including the Stryker MAKO robotic arm for joint replacement surgery.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- MundeleinAnnie's OK, but Mundelein firefighters have MegaCode Kelly to help them save lives
- West ChicagoMore tenants coming to DuPage Business Center in West Chicago
- NapervilleNeighbors fear parking issues, cramped views from downtown Naperville development
- NewsDistrict 54 hires broker to sell donated Schaumburg land
- St. CharlesSt. Charles turning focus to redeveloping downtown north of Main Street
- Elk Grove VillageIllinois Lift Equipment leases Cary site
- BataviaAtlantic Plywood expands into Midwest
- RosemontProteintech opens new laboratory
- Barrington HillsWant a piece of 'Empire'? $9.5M will get you the Barrington Hills estate featured in series
- Des PlainesPeak Construction to build Joliet warehouse
- Oak BrookGreat Lakes receives $91 million in work contracts
- LincolnshireFlorida hospital uses Zebra system
- RosemontUS Foods awards scholarships to nine students
- LombardConstable: Lombard native turns deck of cards into magical career
- Prospect HeightsChamp from Prospect Heights:
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more