Mount Prospect-based manufacturing firm to expand in Lake Villa
A leading manufacturer of antiseptic products is repurposing a long-vacant building in Lake Villa as part of a future expansion.
Rosemont's first pot shop up for vote WednesdayMonths after Rosemont voters said they were OK with recreational marijuana sales and a local ban expired, a dispensary is being planned on the Touhy Avenue corridor just north of the Allstate Arena.
How Batavia plans to draw more visitors to North River Street businessesOutdoor dining tables, umbrellas, lighting and additional signage are among the fixtures Batavia officials believe could help beautify and draw visitors to North River Street.
Financing, soil problems delay Hickory-Kensington apartments in Arlington HeightsThe developers of a proposed five-story, 76-unit apartment building east of downtown Arlington Heights are having trouble getting a shovel in the ground, amid financing and soil contamination problems.
Brown Commercial brokers two sales in Elk Grove VillageBrown Commercial Group recently negotiated two industrial sales transactions totaling 21,500 square feet in Elk Grove Village.
Elgin bike shop looks to support all riders regardless of budget, skillElgin's first bike shop in several years stems from a community-focused initiative that encourage all residents, including Spanish speakers, to enjoy bicycling.
Lawsuit seeks $450 million from ComEd, MadiganA group of ComEd customers asked a federal judge Monday to force the utility company, House Speaker Michael Madigan and others to pay "at least" $450 million to be split among all those affected by an alleged extortion scandal.
Eatery with Korean influence will replace Nikko's in Prospect HeightsAn independently owned spinoff of Ttowa Korean Bistro in downtown Arlington Heights -- albeit with a more eclectic culinary identity -- is expected to open in the former Nikko's restaurant in Prospect Heights near Hersey High School early next year.
Mundelein may create new taxing district to promote redevelopment on south sideMundelein officials are considering creating a special taxing district for the commercial zone on the village's south side.
Pritzker announces launch of rent, mortgage aid programsGov. J.B. Pritzker on Monday announced a pair of housing assistance programs aimed at helping lower-income households meet their rent and mortgage payments during the pandemic.
Feder: David Kaplan and Jonathan Hood to co-host mornings on ESPN 1000David Kaplan and Jonathan Hood, two longtime Chicago sports/talk personalities, are teaming up to co-host a new local morning show on WMVP 1000-AM, the ESPN Radio station managed by Good Karma Brands.
Show me "more than" the money: Unlocking transition objectives for business ownersIndividuals want to maximize the value received for their companies, but what about engaging in proactive transition planning to better position owners and their companies to attain "more than" the money?
Ron Onesti: Take me out to the ballgame … and concert hallBaseball is back … kind of! Who would have thought we would be going through all of this AND a 60-game season with no fans in the seats? This MUST be some sort of bad dream; somebody wake me up! But regardless, I love my baseball, and will take it any way I can get it!
Money sense: When memory fadesWith the incidence of Alzheimer's and other forms of cognitive decline projected to rise, this insight from Merrill Lynch Wealth Management could help you prepare financially for a day you hope never will come.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Lake VillaMount Prospect-based manufacturing firm to expand in Lake Villa
- RosemontRosemont's first pot shop up for vote Wednesday
- BataviaHow Batavia plans to draw more visitors to North River Street businesses
- NewsFinancing, soil problems delay Hickory-Kensington apartments in Arlington Heights
- PalatinePalatine approves boxing and martial arts studio's move
- Elk Grove VillageBrown Commercial brokers two sales in Elk Grove Village
- ElginElgin bike shop looks to support all riders regardless of budget, skill
- Prospect HeightsEatery with Korean influence will replace Nikko's in Prospect Heights
- MundeleinMundelein may create new taxing district to promote redevelopment on south side
- WarrenvilleEdward-Elmhurst Health & Fitness opens
- PalatineArlington Plating sold to industry veteran
- LibertyvilleNo injuries in Medline warehouse blaze
- Palatine'Explore Palatine' set for Sept. 12
- Downers GroveSavant ranked among nation's top RIA, accounting firms
- Cook County4.5% of Cook County property taxes in suburbs go to TIF districts
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more