Hoffman Chamber names Andigo Credit Union its Business of the Year
Andigo, a division of Consumers Credit Union, was named Business of the Year at the Hoffman Estates Chamber of Commerce and Industry's virtually held Celebration of Excellence awards luncheon Thursday.
Schmaltz Deli looks to relocate Naperville flagship to LisleSchmaltz is looking to move its flagship from a Naperville strip mall to a vacant, stand-alone Lisle restaurant that would give the deli even more visibility and room to grow.
Naperville boutique offering free gowns to front-line, essential workers next monthBri'Zan Couture in downtown Naperville is giving free free bridal gowns to 26 affianced front-line and essential workers next month to show apprecation to those who have risked their lives to provide services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CLC plans to turn old Gurnee Loew's into advanced technology centerCollege of Lake County officials presented a closer look at their plan to turn the former Lowe's store at Rollins Road and Grand Avenue in Gurnee into the college's first Advanced Technology Center. It is designed to be a place for students to earn degrees in machining, manufacturing, welding, fabrication and industrial maintenance.
Churchill Downs commits to horse racing in Illinois -- but not at ArlingtonNow that Arlington International Racecourse is officially for sale, the owners of Churchill Downs Inc. on Thursday reiterated their desire to relocate Arlington's horse racing operations elsewhere in Illinois, despite questions over the process to do so.
If a stranger offers you student loan forgiveness, hang upStudent loan scammers have a brand-new hook: "Biden student loan forgiveness" or "stimulus forgiveness." Behind the pitch is the same old fraudster playbook.
Millennial Money: 5 tips to negotiate pay in a tough economyThe pandemic-related recession has altered many job descriptions, and your new role may merit a salary discussion, even in uncertain times. Here are some strategies to help you achieve the ideal salary.
What free college might actually look likePresident Joe Biden proposed multiple "free college" measures while on the campaign trail. Do any of them have a real shot? Some experts think so.
Surgeries for driver attacked in carjacking at Des Plaines auto dealershipIt's one surgery down and one to go for the 36-year-old driver who was badly beaten Thursday during a carjacking at a luxury automobile dealership in Des Plaines. Sergey Kryakushin, of Brooklyn, New York, spent Friday at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge recovering from surgery to repair an open leg fracture he suffered during the early morning attack.
Golfers having a ball at Cantigny driving range, so workers must do 'The Big Pick' in snowOne of the busiest winters at the Cantigny Golf Academy left the practice facility with a quirky job called "The Big Pick" -- digging thousands of range balls out of the deep snow.
Horcher, Smith disagree about Restaurant Row vacanciesThe candidates for village president in Wheeling disagree about the severity of vacancies in the town's celebrated Restaurant Row.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Chamber names Andigo Credit Union its Business of the Year
- LisleSchmaltz Deli looks to relocate Naperville flagship to Lisle
- NapervilleNaperville boutique offering free gowns to front-line, essential workers next month
- GurneeCLC plans to turn old Gurnee Loew's into advanced technology center
- SchaumburgPeppa Pig World of Play opens at Woodfield Mall
- NewsChurchill Downs commits to horse racing in Illinois -- but not at Arlington
- Des PlainesSurgeries for driver attacked in carjacking at Des Plaines auto dealership
- WheatonGolfers having a ball at Cantigny driving range, so workers must do 'The Big Pick' in snow
- WheelingHorcher, Smith disagree about Restaurant Row vacancies
- BarringtonAuto repair business filling up old dealership space in Barrington
- Rolling MeadowsU.S. Waterproofing moves headquarters back to Schaumburg
- RoselleRoselle creates programs to help restaurants and other businesses
- BataviaIn former printing plant, St. Charles store owners envision a home decor mecca
- RosemontVerilife recreational marijuana dispensary opens in Rosemont
- NewsEven with a stadium, Arlington Park redevelopment likely to have more, like shops, homes