As deadline approaches, racing and Bears stadium remain possible for Arlington Park site
Arlington Heights Mayor Tom Hayes said there are fewer than 10 Arlington Park redevelopment proposals of which he's aware, ahead of a Tuesday deadline for developers and investors to submit initial offers to track owner Churchill Downs Inc. and its real estate broker.
Aurora development takes off as growing hub for Asian businessesChinese American real estate developer Eddie Ni's vision to revive the 360,000-square-foot former Yorkshire Plaza in Aurora involves creating the nation's largest Asian-chic lifestyle center, providing a one-stop destination for shopping, food, business, service, leisure and entertainment.
Restaurant openings in Antioch stalled by shortages, cost increasesTwo new restaurants had hoped to be welcoming customers in downtown Antioch, but the openings have been delayed
Energy bill still not filed less than 24 hours before planned voteThe Illinois Senate is scheduled to return to the Capitol Tuesday to consider an energy regulatory overhaul bill that is years in the making but was not yet filed in its final form as of Monday night. The House is scheduled to return Wednesday.
KLA School operator to open second Naperville locationThe success of an existing early childhood center in Naperville has prompted its owners to move forward with plans to build a second KLA School in town.
Feder: Chicago's Invisible Institute shares Pulitzer Prize for national reportingInvisible Institute, the Chicago-based nonprofit journalism production company, won its first Pulitzer Prize Friday for its work on a year-long investigation of K-9 units and the damage that police dogs inflict on Americans.
Feder: V103 widens margin of victory in latest radio ratingsWVAZ 102.7-FM, the iHeartMedia R&B station, widened its lead over Audacy all-news WBBM 780-AM/WCFS 105.9-FM in the latest Nielsen Audio survey released Monday.
Apex 400 work continues in Glen EllynThe next phase of the Apex 400 construction project in Glen Ellyn will include relocating the temporary construction fencing on Main Street, beginning Monday.
Arlington Heights offering small-business loansThe village of Arlington Heights is now offering $130,000 in Community Development Block Grant funding to provide financial assistance to small businesses hurt by COVID-19.
Starbucks proposed for MundeleinThe Mundelein village board will meet Monday to discuss a plan for a Starbucks coffee shop in Hawley Lake Plaza, which is on the northwest corner of Route 45 and Hawley Street.
Delicate task for Fed: When to pull back on low-rate supportThe Federal Reserve is poised this week to discuss when it will take its first steps toward dialing back its ultra-low interest rate policies
Business Ledger | New trends in attracting and retaining talentAs the economy begins to steadily improve and competition for top job talent tightens, finding new ways to appeal to potential new hires continues to be an ongoing challenge for employers. With a new age of workers upon us, a new age of problems have surfaced as well.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- NewsAs deadline approaches, racing and Bears stadium remain possible for Arlington Park site
- AuroraAurora development takes off as growing hub for Asian businesses
- AntiochRestaurant openings in Antioch stalled by shortages, cost increases
- CaryCary board to vote on downtown plan, open gathering spaces
- NapervilleKLA School operator to open second Naperville location
- Glen EllynApex 400 work continues in Glen Ellyn
- NewsArlington Heights offering small-business loans
- MundeleinStarbucks proposed for Mundelein
- GenevaConstable: Chemo was so absurd to Wheaton woman that she made a coloring book about it
- Mount ProspectSuburban Skyview: Downtown Mount Prospect development going upward
- Cary'Bring it on!': Suburban residents, visitors enjoy first day of the state's full reopening
- Downers GroveNeighbors oppose sale of former school in Downers Grove
- GurneeSome Great America guests could be eligible for $200 under settlement
- Vernon HillsLast vestige of former Vernon Hills supper club likely to disappear
- SchaumburgMeet Chicago Northwest finds new president from within
Through the Film Magnifier: Bob Collins, Jack Nicklaus, Richard Daley, Woodfield Mall Ice Arena and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more