Former AT&T building in downtown Arlington Heights to get new life
A developer plans to pour $2 million into a vacant former AT&T call center in downtown Arlington Heights and convert it into a multi-tenant office and retail building.
Old Elk Grove motel teardown delayed by bigger asbestos cleanup jobDemolition of a dilapidated motel on Higgins Road in Elk Grove Village has been delayed while cleanup crews remove more asbestos and waste from the site. "They found a lot more in there than they thought," Mayor Craig Johnson said of the former Days Inn motel the village purchased in June.
Portillo's execs call IPO a successPortillo's executives labeled the company's IPO Thursday a success, saying it is a "first step for us in a long-term journey."
Booster shots outpacing demand for initial round of COVID-19 vaccines in IllinoisAfter federal regulators approved booster shots for many of those who received Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines, several pharmacy chains began offering appointments. This as more people in Illinois already are getting COVID-19 booster shots each day than are receiving their first or second doses of the vaccine.
Warrenville shares ideas for former gas station siteWarrenville sought public input this week for its redevelopment plans of a city-owned site at the northeast corner of Batavia and Warrenville Roads. Current plans are to demolish the vacant gas station and do a cleanup of the likely contaminated site before adding three to four new retail, restaurant or small office buildings.
Amita Health splitting up health care system, says it needs to be nimbleSix years after merger between AdventHealth and Alexian Brothers, Amita Health is splitting up. The change allows the hospital organizations to be more nimble, officials say.
Pritzker touts job training program for electric vehicle industryAs part of his plan to boost the number of electric vehicles on the road, Gov. J.B. Pritzker on Thursday announced a training program for the manufacture and repair of those cars to "attract people to some of the best-paying jobs in our economy."
Arlington Heights panel narrowly recommends shelter care home's move to residential blockAn Arlington Heights advisory panel Wednesday night narrowly endorsed a shelter care home's proposed relocation to a neighborhood of residents who largely oppose the move.
Chicago Executive Airport hires veteran aviation leader as new executive directorWheeling's Chicago Executive Airport is flying in a Texan to be its new leader.
Plans for new cocktail bar in downtown St. Charles continue to move forwardA cocktail bar continues to move forward with plans to open in the space that formerly housed 100 Grapes wine tasting room in downtown St. Charles.
The last nun? Sister Leticia's retirement at St. Joseph Hospital could end nearly 120-year streakSister Leticia Lapid is retiring from her ministry as a spiritual care chaplain at Amita St. Joseph Hospital in Elgin. The hospital was founded by Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart in 1902. If another nun isn't hired to replace her, it will be the first time in the hospital's history a nun working there.
Signode to relocate packaging operations from Glenview to Roselle by 2022After more than 60 years in Glenview, Signode is moving its packaging operations to Roselle by next year.
Business Ledger | After Hours: BCENOn Oct. 20, the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) held a team-building/philanthropy day at Feed My Starving Children in Aurora, where they hand-packed meals for hungry children in remote areas of the world. BCEN staff based in Alabama, Kansas, Louisiana and Michigan flew in to BCEN's Oak Brook headquarters to participate in the very special day.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- BusinessFormer AT&T building in downtown Arlington Heights to get new life
- Elk Grove VillageOld Elk Grove motel teardown delayed by bigger asbestos cleanup job
- Oak BrookPortillo's execs call IPO a success
- WarrenvilleWarrenville shares ideas for former gas station site
- ElginAmita Health splitting up health care system, says it needs to be nimble
- NewsArlington Heights panel narrowly recommends shelter care home's move to residential block
- Prospect HeightsChicago Executive Airport hires veteran aviation leader as new executive director
- St. CharlesPlans for new cocktail bar in downtown St. Charles continue to move forward
- ElginThe last nun? Sister Leticia's retirement at St. Joseph Hospital could end nearly 120-year streak
- RoselleSignode to relocate packaging operations from Glenview to Roselle by 2022
- BataviaMeet the Geneva couple who transformed a St. Charles statuary into a venue for intimate weddings
- Cook CountyIllinois Supreme Court strikes down Cook County gun tax
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers for July 30 to Aug. 25, 2021
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers for Aug. 23 to 27
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers for July 1 to Aug. 25, 2021
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more