Illinois' first Amazon Fresh store to open Thursday in Naperville
Technology and convenience are at the center of the state's first Amazon Fresh grocery store, slated to open Thursday in Naperville, company leaders said.
Plan to double size of Phase Three Brewing goes before Lake Zurich boardLake Zurich village board members are set to consider expansion plans for Phase Three Brewing Company at their meeting on Monday.
Cook County cites Prospect Heights hotel that hosted crowded weddingThe Cook County Department of Public Health Friday cited a Prospect Heights hotel that was the site of a crowded wedding reception this week, in what officials labeled a potential COVID-19 superspreader event.
For kids and collectors: New store in Batavia specializes in farm- and construction-themed toys, modelsSebastien Coron has opened Toys'n Hobbies 4 All at 1952 W. Fabyan Parkway in Batavia. The store specializes in farm- and construction-themed toys and collectibles.
US hiring slows sharply to 245,000 jobs as virus intensifiesAmerica's employers sharply scaled back their hiring last month as the viral pandemic accelerated across the country, adding 245,000 jobs, the fewest since April and the fifth straight monthly slowdown.
Dashed Mill Race Inn development plans leave future of Geneva site in questionThe Geneva City Council unanimously rejected a proposal -- more than a year in the making -- for a potential development at the Mill Race Inn site, leaving the high-profile parcel in limbo.
Northbrook-area hotel under scrutiny after wedding with 150 unmasked peopleGovernment officials are calling a Wednesday wedding at a Northbrook-area hotel "irresponsible" after hundreds of people gathered for the event while not wearing masks or social distancing.
Palatine McDonald's plans remodel, expansion with new PlayPlaceThe McDonald's restaurant on Rand Road in Palatine is planning to remodel and build a 1,500-square-foot addition for an indoor PlayPlace.
McHenry Outdoor Theater owner looks to expand drive-inThink drive-in theaters are fading? Think again. McHenry's Scott Dehn bought an additional 10 acres to expand his McHenry Outdoor Theater whose attendance increased more than 30% over the summer.
Fry the Coop to celebrate Prospect Heights opening Monday with free foodFry the Coop will be giving away one meal per person from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 23, at its new Prospect Heights location at 580 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Rosemont gets $2.8 million (not $45 million) to settle dispute over failed Emerald CasinoRosemont will get $2.8 million in a settlement resolving a long-running dispute over the failed Emerald Casino bid. The payout represents a fraction of what the village sought -- at least $45 million -- from six former Emerald officers as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
Six risks to be prepared for in retirementAs baby boomers approach retirement, many may find themselves in different economic circumstances than what they planned for. Recent economic events have taught us the downside of risk, yet careful planning can help soften the impact. Your retirement plan can stay on track if you focus on these six key risks.
Is your business keeping you up at night?When it comes to American business, often it's the largest companies that garner the most attention. It's no wonder that many people think these corporate giants are the most important enterprises in our economy.
Redefining how businesses work with their CPAEven before the pandemic, CPAs wanted to redefine what a CPA meant to their clients. They see the need to assist in planning for the future in a consultative manner and be there when their clients navigate through uncertainty as they make big decisions impacting their business.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- NapervilleIllinois' first Amazon Fresh store to open Thursday in Naperville
- Lake ZurichPlan to double size of Phase Three Brewing goes before Lake Zurich board
- Prospect HeightsCook County cites Prospect Heights hotel that hosted crowded wedding
- BataviaFor kids and collectors: New store in Batavia specializes in farm- and construction-themed toys, models
- ItascaWould Haymarket overwhelm Itasca's 1 ambulance? Expert says no, group remains skeptical
- GenevaDashed Mill Race Inn development plans leave future of Geneva site in question
- BusinessNorthbrook-area hotel under scrutiny after wedding with 150 unmasked people
- PalatinePalatine McDonald's plans remodel, expansion with new PlayPlace
- Life & EntertainmentMcHenry Outdoor Theater owner looks to expand drive-in
- Prospect HeightsFry the Coop to celebrate Prospect Heights opening Monday with free food
- RosemontRosemont gets $2.8 million (not $45 million) to settle dispute over failed Emerald Casino
- WheelingProposed cannabis store in Wheeling clears procedural hurdle
- Hawthorn WoodsHawthorn Woods ordered to pay $5.3 million to developer
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect dispensary plans slow transition to recreational pot
- Kane CountySecond Kane County COVID-19 relief program for businesses finds success, criticism
Through the Film Magnifier: Glen Campbell, Steve Garvey, Globetrotters, Scrabble tournaments and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Chubby Checker, Harrison Ford, Astronaut Jim Lovell and Dance Fever contestants