Communities » Woodstock Area News
Woodstock fields a winning effort at Round LakeUnfortunately for host Round Lake, the offensive and defensive sides of the ball were unable to get into the full flow of the game as visiting Woodstock ran away with a 37-3 win in the first matchup between the schools since 1997.Last Updated Aug 29, 2015 12:00 AM
Dawn Patrol: Antioch woman charged in hit-and-run; missing Algonquin dog found after 15 daysUpdated Aug 27, 2015 5:48 AM
Antioch woman charged in fatal hit-and-run. Missing Algonquin dog, Wrigley, found safe after 15 days. Kane County planning for possible state income tax shortfall. What’s next for nearly-vacant Wheeling shopping mall? Geneva man pleads guilty in DUI crash that killed two in Naperville. Police say Mt. Prospect woman walked around gates before being struck by train.
Prairie Ridge has the weapons againUpdated Aug 26, 2015 7:13 PM
Since the Fox Valley Conference split into divisions in 2006, only Prairie Ridge has won multiple outright Fox Division titles (two). The Wolves, under the direction of 14th-year coach Chris Schremp, would like to add to that total this season.
Dawn Patrol: Man killed in Wauconda robbery had BB gun, police say; Pedestrian killed by train in Mt. ProspectUpdated Aug 26, 2015 5:45 AM
Officials say man killed in Wauconda robbery carrying BB gun; Pedestrian killed by train in Mt. Prospect; DuPage may discuss using bailiffs for court security to save money; Striking Barrington High janitors say restore pay and we'll negotiate; Algonquin man accused of sex toy attack at haunted house gets probation and fine; Addison man says vicious attack was over $50 debt.
Duckworth, Foster, undecided on Iran dealUpdated Aug 25, 2015 3:05 PM
Democratic U.S. Reps. Bill Foster of Naperville and Tammy Duckworth of Hoffman Estates remain undecided about the Obama administration’s nuclear deal with Iran, with other suburban members of Congress largely split along party lines.
Affordable fun: From Shakespeare in the Park to BeaglefestPosted Aug 25, 2015 5:55 AM
What do the Palatine Street Fest, Shakespeare in the Park and Beaglefest have in common? They're all free or cheap to attend. Check our list to see what other affordable fun events the suburbs have to offer.
Dawn Patrol: Body found along I-290; industrial building burns near Elk GroveUpdated Aug 25, 2015 5:46 AM
Body found along eastbound I-290 identified as Plainfield man. Industrial building near Elk Grove Village burns. Robbery attempted at Batavia AT&T store. North Aurora police seek help finding a man who knocked down woman. Suburban witness on plot: ‘This doesn’t happen at Pokémon.' Kane County prosecutor faces DUI charge. Daughter sues Kane County, sheriffs over mom’s 2013 jail suicide. Cubs take injury report in stride.
Study: While heroin use spikes, treatment options drop in IllinoisUpdated Aug 24, 2015 4:28 PM
Drug addiction treatment options are getting fewer as heroin use continues to increase, particularly in the suburbs, a Roosevelt University study has found.
Recently shared by others
- Trees Downed in 2012 Storm Crafted into Stand for Local Bell
- Veterans invited to boat on the Fox River with local rowing clubs
- Fun on the menu this fall with St. Charles Singles Club
- Northern Illinois Food Bank ready to kick off Hunger Action Month
- TMA Board Members Speak at DMDII Smart Manufacturing Panel
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Learn about sedums, conifers at this year’s Hosta Haven Saturday, Aug. 29
- Fox Tales Storytelling Festival is Aug. 30
- New signal for pedestrian/bike crossing in Crystal Lake
- McHenry Co. Historical Society offers busing subsidy for visiting schools
- Bishop Malloy shakes the hand of newly confirmed, Hunter Loprino, 8th grade student at St. Mary School. Mindy Strange
- Face N Time rocked Middleton's on Main in Wauconda on Saturday night with an all-electric show. Next up: The Gambler, 1232 N. Green St., McHenry on May 16 at 9:30 p.m. Come on out! k gerdts
- Face N Time takes the stage at the annual Alpine Fest in Lake Zurich. k gerdts
- Saint Mary eighth-graders Savannah Dudzik and Maureen Keisling crown a statue of Mary on May 5, 2015 in the May Crowning ceremony after a school Mass at Saint Mary Church in Woodstock. Mindy Strange
- 28 Mixed Media pieces by Peggy Gannon will be displayed at the Starline Gallery in Harvard April 25 from 6-9 p.m. Peggy Gannon
- Sun City couple Judy and Jack Fried win $100 at a recent expo from HSN, a local marketing group. Pictured is representatives from Jones Insurance Services, Pet Vet Animal Clinic, Edward Jones Huntley, ESC! Technologies Group, winner Jack Fried, Castle Bank Huntley, Centurion Fleet Services, and HyperStitch. The winners were thrilled with their good luck. Mike Potter
- Dancers from Haper College Dance and Pom team and from Summers Academy of Dance in Crystal Lake, helped instruct mini-routines and hosted fun free-style dancing on Feb. 15th for tweens ages 10-14. The next Hip Hop Explosion is on March 15th for $6. Janet Kay of from me 2 you photography
- U9 Barrington Broncos Travel Team Spring Classic 2013 Champions: front row, James Ensign, TJ Swidorski, Ryan Anderson, Tommy Kondraros, Danny Sheedy; and back row, Justin Mirski, Logan Eisenbarth, Tristan Roney, Peter Maestranzi, and Brady Dern. Caroline Eisenbarth
More Woodstock News
- Woodstock Sports
- Woodstock fields a winning effort at Round Lake
- Prairie Ridge has the weapons again
- Woodstock Business
- Uber, GM and Fermilab share innovations and vision for transportation
- Woodstock Entertainment
- Affordable fun: From Shakespeare in the Park to Beaglefest
- Minister from Woodstock accused of having child porn
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Marian Central Catholic High School
- 1001 McHenry Av.
Woodstock, Il 60098-3099
- Cardinal Red/Columbia Blue
- Woodstock High School
- 501 W. South St.
Woodstock, Il 60098
- Blue Streaks
- Royal Blue/White
- Woodstock North High School
- 3000 Raffel Road
Woodstock, Il 60098
Daily Herald Communities
- True to Its Past … Confident of Its Future
- 42.317614, -88.446192
- McHenry County