Communities » Lakemoor Area News
Jazz band fundraiser for Honor FlightLake County Honor Flight is hosting a fundraiser from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday at the Khayat Lake House, 525 Rockland Road, Lake Bluff. The goal is to fly 23 veterans to Washington, D.C., in April 2016.Last Updated Nov 26, 2015 4:37 PM
Lake County jail guard files discrimination lawsuitUpdated Nov 25, 2015 5:23 PM
A Lake County jail employee has filed a federal lawsuit claiming he was discriminated against when he was reprimanded for an altercation that seriously injured an inmate.
Lakemoor uses hack as opportunity to improve websitePosted Nov 25, 2015 1:00 AM
A hack of the village’s website in September caused a major inconvenience for Lakemoor, but the intrusion also left an opportunity to create a better site for residents , officials say.
Six years for driver in crash that killed Lindenhurst manUpdated Nov 24, 2015 6:01 PM
A Wisconsin man accused of driving under the influence of prescription drugs and causing car crash one year ago that killed Lindenhurst man was sentenced Tuesday to six years in prison. Kenneth F. Szczesny Jr., 29, of Kenosha, pleaded guilty in October to aggravated driving under the influence causing death.
Enjoy an old fashioned Christmas at BrushwoodUpdated Nov 24, 2015 1:22 PM
Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods will host a new program seasoned with Christmases past from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec, 12, at the Ryerson Woods Forest Preserve. The free event will include caroling, ornament making, cookies and cocoa. Sing-a-long Music Books will be provided.
Video: Walk the Gliniewicz crime scenePosted Nov 24, 2015 5:00 AM
Watch the video as Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Cmdr. George Filenko walks Burt Constable through Fox Lake Lt. Joe Gliniewicz’s final steps, where he planted evidence and how investigators unraveled his scheme.
Special report: How Fox Lake cop went from hero to crooked copUpdated Nov 24, 2015 3:33 PM
How painstaking detective work revealed the presumed murder of "hero" cop Charles "Joe" Gliniewicz was a deadly deception.
Lake County board, state races emerge on first day of filingUpdated Nov 23, 2015 6:35 PM
Races for the Lake County Board and a pair of state legislature seats serving the county emerged Monday as candidates began filing for spots on the 2016 ballot.
Dozens line up to file for McHenry County electionsUpdated Nov 23, 2015 5:15 PM
The first day to file nominating petitions for the March 15 primary elections brought forth dozens of candidates waiting outside the McHenry County office before 8 a.m. Monday.
- Deerfield marijuana dispensary opening next month
- Special Report: Gliniewicz's final hours as he staged his 'hero' cop death
- $8,000 reward offered in hit-and-run
- Dawn Patrol: One shot in Elgin; Bears beat Packers
- Dawn Patrol: Aurora robberies may be related; parents get 5 years in starved baby case
- Dawn Patrol: Reward offered in fatal crash, Bears lose
- A couple of large Christmas trees take up space in The Week in Pictures
Recently shared by others
- Towns across county issue proclamation for #McHenryCountyGives
- #ILGive looks to raise $6 million for social impact organizations in one day
- Volunteers invited to share hope, love during special holiday meal-packing sessions
- CLC troupe presents Winter Dance Concert
- Nov. 20 to Jan. 10: CLC art faculty display works inspired by visit to China
- Check out careers in mechatronics at CLC info session Dec. 10
- Dec. 3: CLC creative writing faculty members to read from their original work
- Dec. 7-8: CLC Theatre auditions for Shakespeare’s ‘The Tempest’
- Kids from CLC Children’s Learning Center receive free services at CLC Dental Hygiene Clinic
- Chicago Botanic Garden Joins #Giving Tuesday Movement
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
More Lakemoor News
- Lakemoor Business
- Lake Zurich Hackney’s to stay open after land deal dies
- Demolition marks the end of mom-and-pop landmark in Volo
- Lakemoor Entertainment
- Jazz band fundraiser for Honor Flight
- Lake Zurich Hackney’s to stay open after land deal dies
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Progress Through Planning
- 60050, 60051
- 42.336127, -88.200019