Communities » Lakemoor Area News
Constable: A year after Gliniewicz, Fox Lake enduresLast year, Fox Lake was preparing for the last hurrah of summer boating and fishing when a police officer shot dead put the Lake County town in the national spotlight. A hero’s funeral, a heartbreaking betrayal and a sickening scandal quickly followed. On the anniversary, the community looks back while moving on.Last Updated Aug 27, 2016 11:25 PM
Lake in the Hills man killed in crash near HarvardUpdated Aug 29, 2016 12:55 PM
A 22-year-old Lake in the Hills man was killed over the weekend in a two-vehicle crash near Harvard, officials said.
Woodman’s store in Lakemoor on hold as legal action continuesUpdated Aug 29, 2016 6:27 PM
An attempt to settle a lawsuit over a special financing district created to attract development to a long-idle corner in Lakemoor remains at an impasse, delaying a proposal to build a Woodman’s Food Market there.
Safely dispose of drugs at Lake County police departmentsUpdated Aug 26, 2016 4:28 PM
As part of International Overdose Awareness Day, Aug. 31, local police departments are reminding residents there are prescription drug disposal boxes available in their towns.
Antioch residents face marijuana chargesUpdated Aug 26, 2016 1:05 PM
Two Antioch residence have been arrested and charged for growing marijuana plants in their attic, authorities said.
Cops and Crime: Don’t make the new Rosemont public safety officer angryUpdated Aug 26, 2016 9:31 AM
Rosemont has a new public safety officer, and he’s one cop you don’t want to get angry. Here’s how “The Incredible Hulk” Lou Ferrigno joined Rosemont’s public safety department.
Fox Lake pension board delays Gliniewicz hearingsUpdated Aug 25, 2016 5:35 PM
The Fox Lake pension board has agreed to delay pension hearings for the widow of Lt. Joe Gliniewicz until after her criminal case is completed.
Lake County Health Department to offer low-cost pet vaccinesUpdated Aug 25, 2016 4:37 PM
The Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center’s Animal Care and Control Program is offering a low-cost pet vaccination clinic Saturday, Sept. 10, 9 a.m. to noon, at the Grayslake Police Department, 10 S. Seymour Ave., Grayslake.
Waukegan man charged in Antioch-area overdose deathUpdated Aug 25, 2016 4:07 PM
As part of a two-month operation aimed at taking heroin off the streets, the Lake County sheriff’s office arrested a Waukegan resident for selling a 25-year-old man a fatal dose of the drug, police said in a news release.
- Zion man charged in crash that killed Hainesville woman
- Lake County Sheriff seeks deputies
- Flash flood warning for Northwest suburbs, McHenry County
Recently shared by others
- COD Students Celebrate Start of Fall 2016 Semester
- College of DuPage Cross-Country Opens Season Aug. 27
- Lakemoor resident awarded Gilman study abroad scholarship
- Summer Olympics at Sedgebrook
- First phase of CLC construction projects comes online
- Northern Illinois post offices will close for Labor Day
- Month-long Roadside Safety Check in West Chicago
- COD President Dr. Ann Rondeau Keynotes Veterans Day at Illinois State Fair
- College of DuPage Celebrates Investiture of President Dr. Ann Rondeau
- College of DuPage Board Approves Participation in CAREER Consortium
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
More Lakemoor News
- Lakemoor Entertainment
- Lake County Health Department to offer low-cost pet vaccines
- Low-profile veterans support group celebrates 20 years
- Learn about hummingbirds
- Suburban pilot ready to soar at Chicago Air and Water Show
- United Way of Lake County seeks literacy tutors
- Lake forest preserves issue Des Plaines River Trail challenge
- Kids learn about veggies in ‘Fresh from the Garden’ program
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Progress Through Planning
- 60050, 60051
- 42.336127, -88.200019