Communities » Addison Area News
Dozens listed as possible witnesses in Breuder lawsuitAttorneys for former College of DuPage President Robert Breuder have identified 50 people, including current and former COD board members, as “persons with knowledge” in Breuder’s wrongful termination lawsuit.Last Updated May 31, 2016 8:49 PM
14-year-old Aurora boy faces multiple gun chargesUpdated May 31, 2016 8:24 PM
A 14-year-old Aurora boy was charged with five counts of unlawful use of a weapon, contact with a street gang member.
Aurora man expected to survive Sunday shootingUpdated May 31, 2016 12:20 PM
A 39-year-old Aurora man is expected to survive injuries he sustained during an early Sunday shooting in Aurora.
Beloved Villa Park teacher back in the classroom after brain injuryUpdated May 26, 2016 7:27 PM
Villa Park elementary school teacher Elise Boni has willed her way back from a traumatic brain injury to get back in the classroom and help her students prepare for middle school.
Memorial Day observances across the suburbs todayUpdated May 31, 2016 5:34 AM
Check out our comprehensive list of suburban Memorial Day events to see what's on tap in your community.
ITsavvy creates 30 new jobs for Loop officeUpdated May 26, 2016 9:02 AM
Technology products and solutions provider ITsavvy announced the creation of 30 new jobs for 2016 in its Chicago Loop office.
Recently shared by others
- COD Fashion Students Earn Honors During Annual Fashion Show
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to ease the burden on families
- DUPAGE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT’S COMMUNITY CENTER WINS AWARD
- Glen Ellyn Park District Announces Teen & Tween Lineup
- Annual “Gone Fishin’ Derby” Takes Place June 18 at New Location
- College of DuPage Celebrates 49th Commencement
- Rotary GroveFest 2016 Carnival Ride Specials
- Tom Cullerton works to streamline Illinois voter registration
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to spread DuPage model throughout Illinois
- Celebrate the 40th Season of Addison’s Family Aquatic Center
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
- The Village of Lombard celebrates Arbor Day with the planting of an Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac tree in honor of the late Village President William J. Mueller. Attending the ceremony was the Mueller Family and St. Pius X students and their families. Village of Lombard
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Photo from 2004 I recently came across when scanning my old slides at the Addison Public Library. Shot at a Dupage county forest preserve on Kodachrome, The most iconic film and longest running film brand of all time. Sadly it is no longer produced or developed. No photoshop necessary. I think it's important to remind people that if they love film, especially slide film, if you don't buy it manufacturers will stop making it. So dust off that 35mm, get a couple rolls of film, grab the kids and teach them how we USE to create photos. Eric Frick
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
- Hop into a bath tub to demonstrate its roominess and show off its features, for example. The grand opening of RKB Showroom in Mundelein was the setting when Ferguson company (Addison) outside sales rep Dick Graff took the plunge, albeit without the required water supply to benefit from the whirlpool bath tub with its Aerofeel Airpool System technology. The Maxx Living 7242 air/jet, back jet combo bath tub is among the upscale, trendy kitchen and bath products featured in new display rooms during the grand opening through Friday at RKB Showroom, 216 Terrace Dr., Mundelein. "We carry today's leading kitchen and bath brands, feature them in our private setting, and give our customers the kind of personal attention they desire," said Barry Schuster, owner of RKB Showroom and resident of Vernon Hills. For more information please visit www.RKBsite.com, or call (847) 970-6880. Barry Sigale
- Made me laugh seeing the Spring Show in all that snow Andrea Schroeder
More Addison News
- Addison Sports
- Baseball: Glenbard North wins; Naperville North, Addison Trail eliminated
- Boys track: Carr-Jones blazes a trail downstate
- Girls track: DuPage County competitors set up for success
- Addison Business
- ITsavvy creates 30 new jobs for Loop office
- Addison Entertainment
- Memorial Day observances across the suburbs today
- Addison Opinion
- Trump scorned for telling it like it is
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Addison Trail High School
- 213 N. Lombard Rd.
Addison, IL 60101
- Navy Blue/White
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
Daily Herald Communities
- The Addison Advantage
- 41.931573, -88.002221
- DuPage County