Communities » Ingleside Area News
Lake County students learn about interrogation, crime scene analysis during Law Day eventAbout 300 high school students attend the annual “Law Day” event at the Lake County courthouse.Last Updated Apr 29, 2016 7:34 PM
Fatal police shooting in Zion was justified, state’s attorney saysUpdated Apr 29, 2016 5:30 PM
A Zion police officer was justified when he fatally shot an armed, mentally ill man wearing body armor during a physical confrontation in January, authorities announced Friday.
Court website goes liveUpdated Apr 29, 2016 5:15 PM
The 19th Judicial Circuit Court has launched a new website, www.19thcircuitcourt.state.il.us, which includes improved design and layout, user friendly tools, and easier navigation.
State Sen. Bush: Rauner delaying my government consolidation effortsUpdated Apr 28, 2016 10:39 PM
Local government consolidation is a cornerstone of Gov. Bruce Rauner’s so-called turnaround agenda. But one Democratic lawmaker says her attempts to collaborate with him on this priority aren’t getting much of a response.
Church volunteer gets 10 years in prison for sexually assaulting childUpdated Apr 28, 2016 1:06 PM
A Round Lake church volunteer was sentenced to 10 years in prison for sexually assaulting a child aged 13 to 17, authorities said.
Get rid of unwanted drugs SaturdayUpdated Apr 27, 2016 5:10 PM
Activist groups are teaming with suburban police departments to collect unwanted prescription and over-the-counter drugs Saturday.
Mother of Antioch man killed in motorcycle crash files lawsuit against suspect, 2 tavernsUpdated Apr 27, 2016 4:28 PM
The mother of an Antioch man killed in a 2015 DUI-related crash has filed a lawsuit against the woman charged in the case and two taverns.
Judge needs more time to decide on new trial in day care deathUpdated Apr 26, 2016 5:44 PM
A Lake County judge delayed a decision on whether to grant a new trial for Melissa Calusinski convicted of killing a toddler at a now-closed day care center.
Lake County ballot lottery will be held ThursdayUpdated Apr 25, 2016 4:26 PM
A lottery to determine the order of political parties listed on November’s ballot is set for 11 a.m. Thursday, April 28, in the lobby of the Lake County Courthouse and Administrative Complex, 18 N. County St., Waukegan.
- Lake County associate judge finalists named
- Pet vaccination and microchip clinic
Recently shared by others
- Remember the Repellent When You Go Outdoors
- State House honors local Olympian Daniel Dennis
- Pediatric Chaplains Network provides support for chaplains nationally
- May 3: See robotics in action at CLC
- Author of ‘The Debt-Free Degree’ to give three presentations at CLC
- May 3: Chicago artist to give 3D printing presentation
- Earth Day: 5 ways to be energy efficient from your couch
- Discover How To Sell Across The Generations - 4/27
- Woodlands Academy musicians earn Gold awards in contest
- Women’s Residential Services celebrates 30th anniversary
All Conference 11-0 and Lakes Tournament Champions.
Sitting L to R:
Kylie Diana, Ivy Clark, Rachael Ramirez, Makiah Linbo
Standing L to R: Sydney Mayhew, Ayan Omar, Karleigh Bolton, Kennedy Kiesgen, Hannah Vonder Haar, Alexia La Saint, Roxanne Temple, Samantha Kaye
Coaches Ted and Nancy Pillow Deanna Temple
- Nearly 100 fourth-through-seventh-grade students from St. Malachy School in Chicago visited Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest Feb. 7 for a day of events including an uplifting gospel liturgy, pizza lunch, talent show and a carnival. This celebration marked the latest chapter in a Black History Month tradition between the inner-city grade school and the North Shore high school dating back to 1996. Pictured here, students from both schools joined the combined choirs at the conclusion of the gospel liturgy to sing “We Shall Overcome” in honor of Pete Seeger, who passed away Jan. 27. Woodlands Academy
It’s countdown time for Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart’s 41st annual financial aid fundraiser, Congé. Modeling this year’s theme colors are (from left) Co-Chair Mary Oelerich of Chicago, Silent Auction Chair Alison Kohlmeyer of Lake Forest and Co-Chair Jean Olson of Evanston. The fundraising starts at 9 a.m. Friday, April 11, with online bidding at www.bidpal.net/Congé for a variety of exciting silent auction items such as four VIP tickets to a Los Angeles taping of Conan O’Brien’s TBS TV show, a Chicago Blackhawks hockey stick signed by members of the 2013-14 team and for wine enthusiasts, a 750ml bottle of Chateau Petrus Pomerol (2006). Online bids will be accepted up to and then as part of the silent auction that takes place during the Congé dinner event which begins with cocktails at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at the Glen View Club, 100 Golf Road, Golf, IL. Silent auction bidding ends at 10 p.m.
For more information about Congé contact Woodlands Academy Associate Director of Advancement for Special Events Tami Rocha at 847-234-4300, ext. 226 or visit www.woodlandsacademy.org Woodlands Academy
- This is my back yard in Ingleside IL near Wooster Lake. I'm not sure if you can see, but the very top of my bird bath is out there near the hanging yellow bird house which makes the water about 3+ feet right there. Christine Knapp
- Enjoy a beautiful trail run during the JCYS 5K Run/Walk in support of Camp Red Leaf, an overnight camping experience for youth and adults with developmental disabilities, emotional and behavioral needs. Runners will gather on Sunday, September 21 at 10 am at 26710 W. Nippersink Road in Ingleside, IL and run past the fully-accessible summer camp that includes a tree house; high and low ropes course, and zip line; lake front and pool; and year-round lodging. Registration is $35/runner and $10 for kids 12 and under. More information at www.jcys.org/5K. JCYS Camp Red Leaf
"Team Building Day at Camp Duncan"
As a hearing itinerant teacher, our students are often the only ones in their school district with a hearing loss. I'm very passionate about creating events for students to come together for a day of team-building and fun! There is an instant bond among the students that that is indescribable and incredibly fulfilling as a teacher. Over 50 students and staff attended made this a memorable event and can't to start planning the next event! Tracy Aleckson
- Fr. Ron Gollatz, crossing guard for the first day of school, welcomes families to Transfiguration Elementary School in Wauconda. Fr. Ron Gollatz assists Nathan Christiansen and his mom. Jean Simpson
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
- Artwork by Woodlands Academy junior Erika Cerillo of Waukegan is among those featured at the Deer Path Art League Emerging Artists show in Lake Forest now through March 28. This is one of three exhibits in which artwork by several Woodlands Academy students is on display this month. The other shows are at the Lake Forest Library and the University of St. Francis School of Creative Arts in Fort Wayne, Ind. Woodlands Academy
More Ingleside News
- Ingleside Sports
- Fox Lake to honor ex-Grant wrestling star, Olympian Daniel Dennis
- Ingleside Business
- Veteran/military job fair in North Chicago this week
- Ingleside Entertainment
- Pet vaccination and microchip clinic
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.380833, -88.138611
Local Government Links
- Lake County