Communities » Ingleside Area News
Coroners: Rising heroin deaths could be connected to tainted drugDuPage and Kane counties have seen a spike in heroin overdoses since mid-September that could be connected to the outbreak of overdoses in Chicago stemming from heroin laced with a painkiller.Last Updated Oct 9, 2015 8:54 AM
How much is Gliniewicz investigation costing taxpayers?Posted Oct 7, 2015 5:30 AM
The manhunt and subsequent investigation into the death of Fox Lake police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz has costs taxpayers in 50 neighboring jurisdictions nearly $300,000, mostly due to law enforcement overtime.
First deer hunt coming to Illinois Beach State ParkUpdated Oct 8, 2015 3:47 PM
Deer hunting will be allowed for the first time, starting next month, at a popular state park in northern Lake County.
Lester: The rundown on Jeb Bush’s stop in Geneva todayPosted Oct 8, 2015 5:30 AM
A Geneva man's business ventures in Miami led to a friendship with Jeb Bush, which prompted the Republican presidential candidate to visit for a fundraiser today.
Commercial uptick expected with Rollins Road completionUpdated Oct 8, 2015 10:13 AM
With a disruptive road project complete, Round Lake Beach officials see opportunity for renewed commercial development in the Rollins Road area.
Celebrating end of big road project in Round Lake BeachUpdated Oct 6, 2015 9:13 PM
It was a celebration near Rollins Road and Route 83 in Round Lake Beach because a massive construction project that started in 2013 is over.
Veterans to be welcomed home in Lake CountyUpdated Oct 6, 2015 4:30 PM
Six World War II and 17 Korean War veterans will be welcomed home at 8:30 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 11 from their Lake County Honor trip to Washington D.C.
Honor for Chelsea LaliberteUpdated Oct 5, 2015 4:28 PM
Chelsea Laliberte, executive director and founder of Live4Lali, has been honored for her work.
Honor Flight Chicago’s last hurrah for World War II heroesUpdated Oct 6, 2015 11:27 AM
The ranks of World War II veterans have thinned so much in the 70 years since the war’s end that last week marked the last scheduled Honor Flight Chicago flight reserved exclusively for World War II veterans to see the memorial in their honor in Washington, D.C.
- Grayslake-area church shows its resilience day after it’s hit by car
- Dawn Patrol: Cubs take Cards rivalry into postseason tonight; second chance for heroin addicts
- Dawn Patrol: Cubs win, Cardinals up next
- Dawn Patrol: Cubs relaxed, ready in Pittsburgh; they win, you win a DeLorean?
- Kuwaiti police train in Lake County
- Dawn Patrol: Cubs tickets cheaper in Pittsburgh; McHenry Dist. 156 still closed
- Get a flu shot
- Dawn Patrol: Grayslake-area church shows resilience after crash; Cubs headed to Pittsburgh
- 10 stories you might have missed this weekend
- Images: Photos you may have missed this past weekend
- High winds could cause lake flooding
Recently shared by others
- CLC hosts Illinois Regional College Fair
- Exchange Club announces October hero
- Woodlands Academy Awards New Alumna Achievement Honor
- Health department says get the flu shot
- Two Low-Cost Pet Vaccination Clinics Offered in October
- A Stroll through West Chicago’s Storied Past: 2016 Tales Tombstones Tell
- Fall in Love with Gallery 200 at Artoberfest
- Check Your Mail for Your Health Survey Invitation and Help Identify the Needs of Your Neighborhood
- Judson University seeks submissions for 12th annual Imago Film Festival
- Audit reveals College of Lake County's sound financial performance in FY 15
All Conference 11-0 and Lakes Tournament Champions.
Sitting L to R:
Kylie Diana, Ivy Clark, Rachael Ramirez, Makiah Linbo
Standing L to R: Sydney Mayhew, Ayan Omar, Karleigh Bolton, Kennedy Kiesgen, Hannah Vonder Haar, Alexia La Saint, Roxanne Temple, Samantha Kaye
Coaches Ted and Nancy Pillow Deanna Temple
- Nearly 100 fourth-through-seventh-grade students from St. Malachy School in Chicago visited Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest Feb. 7 for a day of events including an uplifting gospel liturgy, pizza lunch, talent show and a carnival. This celebration marked the latest chapter in a Black History Month tradition between the inner-city grade school and the North Shore high school dating back to 1996. Pictured here, students from both schools joined the combined choirs at the conclusion of the gospel liturgy to sing “We Shall Overcome” in honor of Pete Seeger, who passed away Jan. 27. Woodlands Academy
It’s countdown time for Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart’s 41st annual financial aid fundraiser, Congé. Modeling this year’s theme colors are (from left) Co-Chair Mary Oelerich of Chicago, Silent Auction Chair Alison Kohlmeyer of Lake Forest and Co-Chair Jean Olson of Evanston. The fundraising starts at 9 a.m. Friday, April 11, with online bidding at www.bidpal.net/Congé for a variety of exciting silent auction items such as four VIP tickets to a Los Angeles taping of Conan O’Brien’s TBS TV show, a Chicago Blackhawks hockey stick signed by members of the 2013-14 team and for wine enthusiasts, a 750ml bottle of Chateau Petrus Pomerol (2006). Online bids will be accepted up to and then as part of the silent auction that takes place during the Congé dinner event which begins with cocktails at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at the Glen View Club, 100 Golf Road, Golf, IL. Silent auction bidding ends at 10 p.m.
For more information about Congé contact Woodlands Academy Associate Director of Advancement for Special Events Tami Rocha at 847-234-4300, ext. 226 or visit www.woodlandsacademy.org Woodlands Academy
- This is my back yard in Ingleside IL near Wooster Lake. I'm not sure if you can see, but the very top of my bird bath is out there near the hanging yellow bird house which makes the water about 3+ feet right there. Christine Knapp
- Enjoy a beautiful trail run during the JCYS 5K Run/Walk in support of Camp Red Leaf, an overnight camping experience for youth and adults with developmental disabilities, emotional and behavioral needs. Runners will gather on Sunday, September 21 at 10 am at 26710 W. Nippersink Road in Ingleside, IL and run past the fully-accessible summer camp that includes a tree house; high and low ropes course, and zip line; lake front and pool; and year-round lodging. Registration is $35/runner and $10 for kids 12 and under. More information at www.jcys.org/5K. JCYS Camp Red Leaf
"Team Building Day at Camp Duncan"
As a hearing itinerant teacher, our students are often the only ones in their school district with a hearing loss. I'm very passionate about creating events for students to come together for a day of team-building and fun! There is an instant bond among the students that that is indescribable and incredibly fulfilling as a teacher. Over 50 students and staff attended made this a memorable event and can't to start planning the next event! Tracy Aleckson
- Fr. Ron Gollatz, crossing guard for the first day of school, welcomes families to Transfiguration Elementary School in Wauconda. Fr. Ron Gollatz assists Nathan Christiansen and his mom. Jean Simpson
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
- Artwork by Woodlands Academy junior Erika Cerillo of Waukegan is among those featured at the Deer Path Art League Emerging Artists show in Lake Forest now through March 28. This is one of three exhibits in which artwork by several Woodlands Academy students is on display this month. The other shows are at the Lake Forest Library and the University of St. Francis School of Creative Arts in Fort Wayne, Ind. Woodlands Academy
More Ingleside News
- Ingleside Business
- Commercial uptick expected with Rollins Road completion
- Ingleside Entertainment
- First deer hunt coming to Illinois Beach State Park
- Get a flu shot
- Grayslake-area church shows its resilience day after it’s hit by car
- Fundraiser for paralyzed Vernon Hills High School grad
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.380833, -88.138611
Local Government Links
- Lake County