Communities » Fox Lake Area News
Lake County students learn about interrogation, crime scene analysis during Law Day eventAbout 300 high school students attend the annual “Law Day” event at the Lake County courthouse.Last Updated Apr 29, 2016 1:07 PM
State Sen. Bush: Rauner delaying my government consolidation effortsUpdated Apr 28, 2016 10:39 PM
Local government consolidation is a cornerstone of Gov. Bruce Rauner’s so-called turnaround agenda. But one Democratic lawmaker says her attempts to collaborate with him on this priority aren’t getting much of a response.
Church volunteer gets 10 years in prison for sexually assaulting childUpdated Apr 28, 2016 1:06 PM
A Round Lake church volunteer was sentenced to 10 years in prison for sexually assaulting a child aged 13 to 17, authorities said.
Get rid of unwanted drugs SaturdayUpdated Apr 27, 2016 5:10 PM
Activist groups are teaming with suburban police departments to collect unwanted prescription and over-the-counter drugs Saturday.
Mother of Antioch man killed in motorcycle crash files lawsuit against suspect, 2 tavernsUpdated Apr 27, 2016 4:28 PM
The mother of an Antioch man killed in a 2015 DUI-related crash has filed a lawsuit against the woman charged in the case and two taverns.
Judge needs more time to decide on new trial in day care deathUpdated Apr 26, 2016 5:44 PM
A Lake County judge delayed a decision on whether to grant a new trial for Melissa Calusinski convicted of killing a toddler at a now-closed day care center.
Lake County ballot lottery will be held ThursdayUpdated Apr 25, 2016 4:26 PM
A lottery to determine the order of political parties listed on November’s ballot is set for 11 a.m. Thursday, April 28, in the lobby of the Lake County Courthouse and Administrative Complex, 18 N. County St., Waukegan.
Lake County associate judge finalists namedUpdated Apr 25, 2016 4:24 PM
The circuit judges of the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit have named Gurnee attorney Paul B. Novak and Stacey L. Seneczko of Libertyville as finalists for a second associate judge vacancy created by the Illinois Supreme Court appointment of Christen L. Bishop.
Why court security costs in DuPage are double that of its neighborsUpdated Apr 24, 2016 6:29 PM
DuPage County spends roughly double the money to provide courthouse security as four other collar counties, mainly because of its exclusive use of full-time sheriff’s deputies.
- Images: All the photos that you may have missed this past weekend
- Fox Lake celebrates hometown Olympian
- Household chemical waste collection
Fox Lake Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Remember the Repellent When You Go Outdoors
- State House honors local Olympian Daniel Dennis
- Pediatric Chaplains Network provides support for chaplains nationally
- Learn about the history of Fox Waterway development May 10
- The Church of Rock at Tree of Life UU to feature Everyday Anarchy
- Booths available at Rockford Guitar Show and Expo May 22
- Stanton School raises funds for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- May 3: See robotics in action at CLC
- Author of ‘The Debt-Free Degree’ to give three presentations at CLC
- CLC’s Intersession, Summer Session offer many transferable courses
- Nearly 100 fourth-through-seventh-grade students from St. Malachy School in Chicago visited Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest Feb. 7 for a day of events including an uplifting gospel liturgy, pizza lunch, talent show and a carnival. This celebration marked the latest chapter in a Black History Month tradition between the inner-city grade school and the North Shore high school dating back to 1996. Pictured here, students from both schools joined the combined choirs at the conclusion of the gospel liturgy to sing “We Shall Overcome” in honor of Pete Seeger, who passed away Jan. 27. Woodlands Academy
It’s countdown time for Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart’s 41st annual financial aid fundraiser, Congé. Modeling this year’s theme colors are (from left) Co-Chair Mary Oelerich of Chicago, Silent Auction Chair Alison Kohlmeyer of Lake Forest and Co-Chair Jean Olson of Evanston. The fundraising starts at 9 a.m. Friday, April 11, with online bidding at www.bidpal.net/Congé for a variety of exciting silent auction items such as four VIP tickets to a Los Angeles taping of Conan O’Brien’s TBS TV show, a Chicago Blackhawks hockey stick signed by members of the 2013-14 team and for wine enthusiasts, a 750ml bottle of Chateau Petrus Pomerol (2006). Online bids will be accepted up to and then as part of the silent auction that takes place during the Congé dinner event which begins with cocktails at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at the Glen View Club, 100 Golf Road, Golf, IL. Silent auction bidding ends at 10 p.m.
For more information about Congé contact Woodlands Academy Associate Director of Advancement for Special Events Tami Rocha at 847-234-4300, ext. 226 or visit www.woodlandsacademy.org Woodlands Academy
- Eagles and their eaglets on Fox Lake Tom Chamberlain
- Enjoy a beautiful trail run during the JCYS 5K Run/Walk in support of Camp Red Leaf, an overnight camping experience for youth and adults with developmental disabilities, emotional and behavioral needs. Runners will gather on Sunday, September 21 at 10 am at 26710 W. Nippersink Road in Ingleside, IL and run past the fully-accessible summer camp that includes a tree house; high and low ropes course, and zip line; lake front and pool; and year-round lodging. Registration is $35/runner and $10 for kids 12 and under. More information at www.jcys.org/5K. JCYS Camp Red Leaf
- 28 Mixed Media pieces by Peggy Gannon will be displayed at the Starline Gallery in Harvard April 25 from 6-9 p.m. Peggy Gannon
- An American White Pelican chases a seagull with the catch of the day from Pistakee Lake. Tim Rennels
- Many pelicans seen on Fox River this weekend Diana Snarski
- Many pelicans were on the Fox River in Fox Lake this past weekend. Diana Snarski
- An American White Pelican cruises on the open water of Pistakee Lake Tim Rennels
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
- Artwork by Woodlands Academy junior Erika Cerillo of Waukegan is among those featured at the Deer Path Art League Emerging Artists show in Lake Forest now through March 28. This is one of three exhibits in which artwork by several Woodlands Academy students is on display this month. The other shows are at the Lake Forest Library and the University of St. Francis School of Creative Arts in Fort Wayne, Ind. Woodlands Academy
More Fox Lake News
- Fox Lake Sports
- Fox Lake celebrates hometown Olympian
- Fox Lake to honor ex-Grant wrestling star, Olympian Daniel Dennis
- Fox Lake Business
- CLC forges link to business recruitment organization
- Home sales see double, triple percentage increases around suburbs
- Veteran/military job fair in North Chicago this week
- CLC to host business idea contest
- Fox Lake Entertainment
- CLC wants summer musical performers
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- The Heart of the Chain O' Lakes
- 42.40075, -88.176975
- Lake County