Communities » Wood Dale Area News
DuPage County’s farm heritage celebrated at St. James FarmThe DuPage County Forest Preserve District held Family Field Day Saturday at St. James Farm Forest Preserve in Warrenville.Last Updated May 28, 2016 5:18 PM
Beloved Villa Park teacher back in the classroom after brain injuryUpdated May 26, 2016 7:27 PM
Villa Park elementary school teacher Elise Boni has willed her way back from a traumatic brain injury to get back in the classroom and help her students prepare for middle school.
DuPage reopens newly renovated animal shelterPosted May 25, 2016 5:25 AM
Dogs and cats are expected to have a better, quieter stay at DuPage County’s Animal Care and Control facility after a roughly $930,000 renovation of the building.
Tip leads to Aurora fugitive wanted on federal drug chargesUpdated May 24, 2016 3:54 PM
An ex-Aurora man, a federal fugitive, has been arrested in Chicago and charged with unlawful delivery of a controlled substance.
Marklund closing Wood Dale resale storeUpdated May 23, 2016 5:21 PM
Marklund is closing its Wood Dale resale store on June 17, marking the end of 40 years of running such shops.
Images: Lake Park High School graduationUpdated May 27, 2016 1:46 PM
Lake Park High School held its graduation ceremony at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates on Thursday, May 26.
How DuPage will commemorate Memorial DayUpdated May 26, 2016 11:58 AM
Towns and organizations throughout DuPage County have plans to commemorate Memorial Day.
Rockford jet repair hub on schedule, to be finished by JuneUpdated May 25, 2016 10:00 AM
The executive director of Rockford’s international airport says construction of a $41 million jet repair hub is on schedule and under budget.
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- DUPAGE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT’S COMMUNITY CENTER WINS AWARD
- College of DuPage Celebrates 49th Commencement
- Rotary GroveFest 2016 Carnival Ride Specials
- Tom Cullerton works to streamline Illinois voter registration
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to spread DuPage model throughout Illinois
- Celebrate the 40th Season of Addison’s Family Aquatic Center
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to keep retired police dogs with officers
- COD Faculty Member Named Next Generation Indie Book Finalist
- College of DuPage Offers ‘Citizens Public Safety Academy’ this Summer
- Annual gem, mineral, fossil, and jewelry show returns this weekend
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
More Wood Dale News
- Wood Dale Business
- Rockford jet repair hub on schedule, to be finished by June
- PSI executive leaves, CFO to assume interim duties
- Wood Dale Opinion
- No right to ask God to bless America?
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
"X-Men: Apocalypse" opens today in suburban theaters. Which previous entry in the franchise is your favorite?
|X2: X-Men United||11.5%|
|X-Men: The Last Stand||6.6%|
|X-Men: First Class||6.6%|
|X-Men: Days of Future Past||32.8%|
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County