Communities » Wood Dale Area News
2 in custody after woman found dead at White Pines Golf CourseTwo people are in custody, police said this afternoon, after a 37-year-old woman was found dead at White Pines Golf Course near Bensenville Thursday morning, stabbed to death.Last Updated Sep 30, 2016 7:46 PM
Court affirms conviction of ex-DuPage forest district IT directorUpdated Sep 30, 2016 4:51 PM
A former DuPage County Forest Preserve District IT director must now serve a 180-day sentence in jail after the Second District Appellate Court of Illinois affirmed his conviction on unlawful participation and official misconduct charges. David Tepper must turn himself in by Oct. 11.
Where 45th House candidates stand on pension fixesUpdated Sep 29, 2016 6:21 PM
While Democratic challenger Cynthia Borbas supports a so-called millionaire’s tax, Republican incumbent Christine Winger opposes increasing income taxes to chip away at the state’s pension debt.
DuPage Election Commission wants its lawyers to be less politicalUpdated Sep 29, 2016 5:47 PM
The board that oversees the DuPage County Election Commission is working to establish a policy that would prohibit the agency’s attorneys from engaging in certain political activity “on behalf of any candidate under the jurisdiction” of the commission.
10 years for Addison sex offender convicted of child pornUpdated Sep 29, 2016 3:53 PM
A registered sex offender from Addison was sentenced Thursday to 10 years in prison for having child pornography.
D’Oh! Attorney says police illegally searched phone of Naperville’s alleged ‘Simpsons’ graffiti artistUpdated Sep 29, 2016 1:23 PM
Attorneys for the Naperville man accused of littering downtown Naperville with “Simpsons”-inspired graffiti art in the summer of 2013 say evidence in the case was collected illegally and his subsequent statements to police should be thrown out. Joseph D’Auben, 35, is charged with criminal defacement of property for his alleged graffiti spree.
Glendale Heights man charged in Warrenville bank robberyUpdated Sep 28, 2016 4:17 PM
A 40-year-old Glendale Heights man has been charged with the Monday armed robbery of a Warrenville bank.
4th and final suspect in 2014 Aurora shooting pleads guilty, gets 13 yearsUpdated Sep 28, 2016 2:40 PM
An Aurora man was sentenced to 13 years in prison Wednesday after pleading guilty to his role in a June 2014 shooting of a woman in her home.
Police arrest suspect in 3 DuPage County bank robberies, seek one moreUpdated Sep 29, 2016 8:18 PM
A suspect is in custody after robbing a bank Monday in Warrenville and two other banks this summer in Glendale Heights and Carol Stream, according to the FBI. And authorities said the Warrenville robbery occurred less than an hour before they responded to a robbery at another DuPage County bank — this one in Wood Dale.
- Warrenville celebrates flood-relief projects
- Ex-church deacon pleads not guilty to sexually abusing child
- Bloomingdale PTO treasurer pleads guilty to theft
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Character Counts Celebration 2016
- COD to Host Cosmetology Information Session in Addison Oct. 18 and 22
- COD to Host Free Junior/Senior Night for H.S. Students and Parents Oct. 25
- COD to Host ‘Astronomy Frontiers’ Presentation Oct. 15
- Tom Cullerton: Time to make COD the bright star of DuPage again
- Veteran Advocacy Group VoteVets Endorses Senator Tom Cullerton
- College of DuPage Veterans Gain Internship Experience at Fermilab
- College of DuPage Offers New Landscape Contracting and Management Degree
- Workshop on “The Wisdom Way of Knowing” in Lisle October 15
- Victor Envelope hosts Feed My Starving Children mobile pack event
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
More Wood Dale News
- Wood Dale Sports
- Naperville Olympian makes local appearance
- Wood Dale Business
- How a Naperville man got hooked on fly tying
- Wood Dale Opinion
- Clinton’s attack on religious freedom
- Where do the Lottery winnings go?
- Time to celebrate the arts in schools
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County