Communities » Wood Dale Area News
Former COD Foundation employee alleges gender discriminationA former College of DuPage Foundation employee alleges in a federal lawsuit that he was discriminated against by his female supervisors for being the only male employee in his department.Last Updated Nov 25, 2015 4:14 PM
State’s attorney investigating police-involved shooting in LisleUpdated Nov 24, 2015 4:50 PM
The investigation into the Oct. 10 fatal shooting of a burglary suspect by a Lisle police officer is now in the hands of the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s office.
DuPage County approves budget that cuts 10 sheriff’s office jobsUpdated Nov 24, 2015 4:39 PM
In a move strongly criticized by Sheriff John Zaruba, DuPage County Board members on Tuesday approved a $444.4 million budget for the coming fiscal year that eliminates 10 full-time positions at the sheriff’s office.
Here’s how DuPage, Will primaries are shaping upUpdated Nov 24, 2015 8:38 AM
More than a dozen countywide, county board and forest preserve candidates lined up outside the DuPage County Election Commission office on Monday morning to file nominating petitions to enter the March 15 primary.
Man gets six months in jail for blackmailing women for sexUpdated Nov 23, 2015 9:58 PM
An 18-year-old Aurora man who threatened to distribute nude photos of two women unless they had sex with him has been sentenced to 180 days in jail.
Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft countsUpdated Nov 23, 2015 7:16 PM
A DuPage County jury deliberated for just more than hour Monday evening before convicting former Burr Ridge real estate broker Harry "Bud" Simons of theft.
Rematch set for DuPage forest preserve boardUpdated Nov 23, 2015 2:47 PM
Aurora Republican Carl Schultz looks to regain the DuPage County Forest Preserve District 5 seat he lost to incumbent Commissioner Mary Lou Wehrli, of Naperville. Wehrli says its an exciting time to be a commissioner and she's not giving the seat up without a fight.
Dawn Patrol: One shot in Elgin; Bears beat PackersUpdated Nov 27, 2015 6:02 AM
One person shot in Elgin. Crowds pack Lake Zurich Culver's for meal. Runners earn Thanksgiving dinner in Batavia. Great Lakes recruits treated to games and dinner. Old and new friends break bread at Lazarus House. A look at this weekend's IHSA football title games. Bears carve out a win in Green Bay.
Innovation Center gives Lake Park students hands-on experiencePosted Nov 24, 2015 1:19 PM
The new Innovation Center at Lake Park High School's West Campus allows students to get hands-on experience to help them prepare for college and careers in the engineering and machining fields.
- Dawn Patrol: Aurora robberies may be related; parents get 5 years in starved baby case
- Dawn Patrol: Reward offered in fatal crash, Bears lose
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Queen of the Rosary fifth-grade students complete D.A.R.E.
- #ILGive looks to raise $6 million for social impact organizations in one day
- More Than 130 Participants Gather for Student Success Symposium
- Courier TV Receives Two Illinois Broadcast Association Silver Dome Awards
- Volunteers invited to share hope, love during special holiday meal-packing sessions
- COD Chaparral Gridders Face Arizona Western College Matadors in El Toro Bowl Dec. 5
- COD to Host 14th Annual Pathophysiology Panorama Dec. 2
- College of DuPage Selects Presidential Search Firm
- College of DuPage Toys for Tots Collection Nov. 23 to Dec. 9
- College of DuPage 2015 ‘Speak-Off’ Winners
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
More Wood Dale News
- Wood Dale Sports
- Firearm deer hunting starts in Illinois
- Wood Dale Business
- Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft counts
- Closing arguments to begin Monday in Burr Ridge real estate agent’s trial
- Prosecutors: Burr Ridge broker accused of theft risked losing franchise
- Burr Ridge real estate broker accused of stealing earnest money
- Lagestee-Mulder buys Burr Ridge office center
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County