Communities » Wood Dale Area News
Interrogation video provides new look at Naperville slayingGrant Muren told police he fended off a violent attack by Charles Clark for more than 20 minutes before he was able to put Clark in the violent choke hold that ultimately killed the man during a fight in Naperville.Last Updated Aug 25, 2016 7:56 PM
Video doesn’t support protester’s claims against Naperville copUpdated Aug 25, 2016 4:04 PM
Dashcam footage released Thursday by Naperville police appears to refute claims by a Lisle man that an officer tried to run him over outside the city’s police station.
Lester: Caregivers are leaving their jobs for higher pay in fast food, retailUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:40 AM
Some employees of Ray Graham Association, based in Lisle, are leaving jobs their for higher-paying positions in fast-food or big-box stores as the clock is ticking on GOP Gov. Bruce Rauner to sign or veto a bill raising pay for caregivers for those with disabilities, columnist Kerry Lester writes.
DuPage judge orders Naperville cops to release dashcam videoUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:41 AM
A DuPage judge on Wednesday ordered Naperville police to make public video footage from the squad car of an officer who authorities say was falsely accused of trying to run over a Lisle man.
DuPage hires four lobbying firmsUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:52 PM
DuPage County officials defended the county’s use of lobbyists before awarding one-year contracts to four firms.
DuPage to buy more equipment for November electionUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:01 PM
The DuPage County Election Commission plans to spend more than $500,000 on equipment to speed same-day voter registration at the polls in November.
Lombard woman pleads not guilty to running over boyfriendUpdated Aug 22, 2016 8:49 PM
A Lombard woman accused of using her car to run over and severely injure her boyfriend pleaded not guilty Monday to numerous charges.
DuComm may move to county building in WheatonUpdated Aug 22, 2016 4:07 PM
A 911 dispatching center that serves dozens of police and fire departments in DuPage County is planning to move into the county’s former youth home by 2018.
Wheeling nonprofit, community come together to bury abandoned babiesPosted Aug 20, 2016 7:26 AM
Rest In His Arms, a Wheeling non-profit started 11 years ago to provide free funerals and burials to abandoned babies, is among several groups and individuals that have reached out to the DuPage County Coroner this week, offering to provide a final act of dignity for Baby Hope.
- College, career fair prepares students for big decisions
- DuPage election agency may impose restrictions on its representatives
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Northern Illinois post offices will close for Labor Day
- Family Fun Endurance Bike Ride to support Easter Seals DuPage & Fox Valley
- Month-long Roadside Safety Check in West Chicago
- COD President Dr. Ann Rondeau Keynotes Veterans Day at Illinois State Fair
- College of DuPage Celebrates Investiture of President Dr. Ann Rondeau
- College of DuPage Board Approves Participation in CAREER Consortium
- College of DuPage to Host ‘Writing on the Edge’ Conference Sept. 24
- Chaparral Football Preps for 2016-2017 Season, Special Recognition Games
- DuPage Health Department Raises Warning Level For West Nile Virus
- COD Engineering Club Honored by Congressman Peter Roskam for NASA Robotics Competition Entry
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County