Communities » Glenview Area News
Boyfriend charged with killing woman found at Bensenville golf courseA 44-year-old Melrose Park man is facing murder charges in connection with the stabbing death of his girlfriend whose body was dumped near the entrance of a Bensenville golf course Thursday.Last Updated Oct 1, 2016 11:00 AM
Report: Mount Prospect woman charged with illegally selling gunsUpdated Sep 29, 2016 7:55 AM
A 22-year-old Mount Prospect woman has been charged with illegal transfer of firearms and selling firearms to a person who does not possess a FOID card, the Chicago Tribune is reporting.
Elgin man charged with growing pot after tenant’s social media postUpdated Sep 27, 2016 3:47 PM
A 52-year-old Elgin man was charged with possessing and growing marijuana in his backyard after authorities were called to his home after one of his tenants posted suicidal statements on social media.
Cook County clerk leads voter registration drive TuesdayUpdated Sep 26, 2016 1:37 PM
Cook County Clerk David Orr and his staff will take part in a number of voter registration events throughout Chicago and the suburbs Tuesday as part of National Voter Registration Day.
Dold slams Iran nuke deal, Schneider says enforce itPosted Sep 26, 2016 5:30 AM
Republican U.S. Rep. Bob Dold calls the United States’ nuclear agreement with Iran “a historic mistake.” His Democratic challenger, Brad Schneider, doesn’t like the deal either but says it must be enforced.
Carmel collects big victory over NDUpdated Sep 30, 2016 11:35 PM
A defensive slugfest came down to the closing minutes. No matter what Notre Dame threw at Carmel Catholic’s football team, the host defense had an answer. Delivering a series of timely defensive stops in the second half, the Corsairs rallied with one of its best team efforts of the year in stunning the Dons 10-8 in East Suburban Catholic Conference action at Baker Stadium on Friday night.
Elect or appoint? Candidates for Cook court clerk differ on how to fill jobPosted Sep 30, 2016 5:44 AM
Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown and challenger Diane Shapiro differ on whether the position should be appointed or elected.
Recently shared by others
- Genealogist to explain how to use Jewishgen.org website for family history research
- Oct. 15: Politics will take center stage at The Second City’s CLC show
- COD to Host Cosmetology Information Session in Addison Oct. 18 and 22
- COD to Host Free Junior/Senior Night for H.S. Students and Parents Oct. 25
- Woodlands Academy Students Receive National Merit Commendations
- COD to Host ‘Astronomy Frontiers’ Presentation Oct. 15
- Tom Cullerton: Time to make COD the bright star of DuPage again
- College of DuPage Veterans Gain Internship Experience at Fermilab
- College of DuPage Offers New Landscape Contracting and Management Degree
- League of Women Voters to Host Candidate Debates
Local singing group, The Park Ridge Chorale, is seeking local World War II veterans to interview about their WW II experiences for inclusion in the historical narrative of their April 25 concert, “The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Generation”. “We will have some historical narration throughout the concert and would like to include a few personal veterans’ stories,” said Ed Zelnis, director of the chorale. “We plan to provide special seating for them at the concert as well.” The concert is Saturday, April 25, 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 250 N. Prospect, Parke Ridge.
Local WW II veterans are encouraged to call Rhet O’Neill, 847-699-8901, for more information. Adrienne Dimopoulos
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- ComEd President and CEO Anne Pramaggiore led employees from ComEd and their family members during an environmental volunteer outing at the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday, April 27, to celebrate the end of National Volunteer Week (April 21-27). photo courtesy of Exelon
- (l-r) Jill Silbar of Vernon Hills is joined by daughters Emma and Maddy as they receive manicures from Midtown Athletic Club nail technician Agnes Wielogorski. Gearing up for Mothers Day, The Spa at Midtown Bannockburn is inviting all moms and daughters to a special day of massages, manicures, pedicures, make up and more, on Thursday, May 9, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Cost is just $30 per person and includes two luxurious spa treatments each. To schedule an appointment, contact The Spa at (847) 945-1818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Saturday afternoon, my daughter, Andrea, hiked to the top of Lions Peak in Cape Town, South Africa with friends and then clouds rolled in. Taken by Andrea's friend, Bridget.
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbrook North High School
- 2300 Shermer Rd.
Northbrook, Il 60062
- Dark Green/Gold
- Glenbrook South High School
- 4000 W. Lake Av.
Glenview, Il 60026
- Maine East High School
- 2601 W. Dempster St.
Park Ridge, Il 60068
- Blue Demons
- Royal Blue/White
- Maine South High School
- 1111 S. Dee Rd.
Park Ridge, Il 60068
- New Trier High School
- 385 Winnetka Av.
Winnetka, Il 60093
Daily Herald Communities
- A Great Place to Live, Work and Play
- 60025, 60026
- 42.079391, -87.815622
- Cook County