Communities » Glenview Area News
Elgin cleric accused of sex abuse faces deadline to accept plea dealElgin cleric Mohammad Abdullah Saleem is scheduled for a Sept. 12 jury trial after he did not accept a plea agreement offered by prosecutors on Tuesday. He is accused of sexually abusing an employee and student of an Islamic school for children in grades six through 12.Last Updated Aug 23, 2016 5:53 PM
Montini wears conference target proudlyUpdated Aug 22, 2016 4:47 PM
Montini again heads the pack in the rugged CCL Green
Lester: Illinois Supreme Court justice goes undercover in bond courtUpdated Aug 22, 2016 2:15 PM
Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne Burke says she sometimes goes “undercover” to watch Cook County’s bond court call and doesn’t always like what she sees, Columnist Kerry Lester writes.
Learn about hummingbirdsUpdated Aug 21, 2016 4:39 PM
Learn about hummingbirds during a presentation by ornithologist Vernon Kleen from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 28, at the Volo Bog State Natural Area, 28478 W. Brandenberg Road, Ingleside.
Recently shared by others
- Cook Co. health system to hold public budget hearing Wednesday
- Lake County Jail and Health Department Work Together to Break the Cycle of Addiction
- Low-cost Pet Vaccination Clinic Offered September 10 in Grayslake
- A ‘flood’ of opportunities for Avenues to Independence
- COD Engineering Club Honored by Congressman Peter Roskam for NASA Robotics Competition Entry
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class Sept. 22
- World Lutheran Deaf Outreach to offer workshop in East Dundee
- Illinois State Police issue back-to-school safety reminder
- College of DuPage Offers New Construction Management Certificate
- COD Accounting Class to Include QuickBooks Certification this Fall
Local singing group, The Park Ridge Chorale, is seeking local World War II veterans to interview about their WW II experiences for inclusion in the historical narrative of their April 25 concert, “The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Generation”. “We will have some historical narration throughout the concert and would like to include a few personal veterans’ stories,” said Ed Zelnis, director of the chorale. “We plan to provide special seating for them at the concert as well.” The concert is Saturday, April 25, 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 250 N. Prospect, Parke Ridge.
Local WW II veterans are encouraged to call Rhet O’Neill, 847-699-8901, for more information. Adrienne Dimopoulos
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- ComEd President and CEO Anne Pramaggiore led employees from ComEd and their family members during an environmental volunteer outing at the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday, April 27, to celebrate the end of National Volunteer Week (April 21-27). photo courtesy of Exelon
- (l-r) Jill Silbar of Vernon Hills is joined by daughters Emma and Maddy as they receive manicures from Midtown Athletic Club nail technician Agnes Wielogorski. Gearing up for Mothers Day, The Spa at Midtown Bannockburn is inviting all moms and daughters to a special day of massages, manicures, pedicures, make up and more, on Thursday, May 9, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Cost is just $30 per person and includes two luxurious spa treatments each. To schedule an appointment, contact The Spa at (847) 945-1818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Saturday afternoon, my daughter, Andrea, hiked to the top of Lions Peak in Cape Town, South Africa with friends and then clouds rolled in. Taken by Andrea's friend, Bridget.
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
More Glenview News
- Glenview Sports
- Montini wears conference target proudly
- Glenview Business
- J.C. Anderson completes GTL office
- Glenview Entertainment
- Learn about hummingbirds
- Lake forest preserves issue Des Plaines River Trail challenge
- Kids learn about veggies in ‘Fresh from the Garden’ program
- Glenview Opinion
- Give political mapmaking back to citizens
- A Glenview letter to the editor: It was amazing to read about Settlers Pond rescue and animal sanctuary.
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbrook North High School
- 2300 Shermer Rd.
Northbrook, Il 60062
- Dark Green/Gold
- Glenbrook South High School
- 4000 W. Lake Av.
Glenview, Il 60026
- Maine East High School
- 2601 W. Dempster St.
Park Ridge, Il 60068
- Blue Demons
- Royal Blue/White
- Maine South High School
- 1111 S. Dee Rd.
Park Ridge, Il 60068
- New Trier High School
- 385 Winnetka Av.
Winnetka, Il 60093
Daily Herald Communities
- A Great Place to Live, Work and Play
- 60025, 60026
- 42.079391, -87.815622
- Cook County