Communities » Glendale Heights Area News
James, Glenbard North make it look easy vs. Naperville CentralJace James and Vittorio Tricase led Glenbard North to a rout of Naperville Central in the teams’ DuPage Valley Conference and season opener.Last Updated Aug 26, 2016 11:21 PM
Woman rescinds guilty plea in Elmhurst cat stabbing caseUpdated Aug 26, 2016 8:14 PM
A 51-year-old Chicago woman has withdrawn her guilty plea to charges of aggravated cruelty in the stabbing death of a family member's cat in Elmhurst. Kelly Palermo pleaded guilty to aggravated cruelty on July 26 and was to be sentenced this fall.
Elgin woman charged with bringing drugs into DuPage jailUpdated Aug 26, 2016 5:13 PM
An Elgin hairdresser released from jail Tuesday will be headed right back behind bars if DuPage prosecutors have their way.
First human West Nile case reported in DuPage CountyUpdated Aug 26, 2016 2:30 PM
An 80-year-old Darien woman has the year’s first reported human case of West Nile virus in DuPage, county health department officials said Friday.
Interrogation video provides new look at Naperville slayingUpdated Aug 25, 2016 7:56 PM
Grant Muren told police he fended off a violent attack by Charles Clark for more than 20 minutes before he was able to put Clark in the violent choke hold that ultimately killed the man during a fight in Naperville.
Video doesn’t support protester’s claims against Naperville copUpdated Aug 25, 2016 4:04 PM
Dashcam footage released Thursday by Naperville police appears to refute claims by a Lisle man that an officer tried to run him over outside the city’s police station.
Lester: Caregivers are leaving their jobs for higher pay in fast food, retailUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:40 AM
Some employees of Ray Graham Association, based in Lisle, are leaving jobs their for higher-paying positions in fast-food or big-box stores as the clock is ticking on GOP Gov. Bruce Rauner to sign or veto a bill raising pay for caregivers for those with disabilities, columnist Kerry Lester writes.
DuPage judge orders Naperville cops to release dashcam videoUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:41 AM
A DuPage judge on Wednesday ordered Naperville police to make public video footage from the squad car of an officer who authorities say was falsely accused of trying to run over a Lisle man.
DVC’s best team is anybody’s guessUpdated Aug 24, 2016 7:29 PM
Think you’ve got the DuPage Valley Conference figured out? Think again, football fans.
- DuPage hires four lobbying firms
- DuPage to buy more equipment for November election
- Lombard woman pleads not guilty to running over boyfriend
- DuComm may move to former youth home in Wheaton
- Lester: Illinois Supreme Court justice goes undercover in bond court
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County football games
- College, career fair prepares students for big decisions
- DuPage election agency may impose restrictions on its representatives
Glendale Heights Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Retirement expert to lead financial seminar for widows Sept. 23
- Tom Cullerton Disgusted with Independent Maps Decision
- Summer Olympics at Sedgebrook
- Albright Theatre to open season with ‘Proof’ Sept. 9
- Northern Illinois post offices will close for Labor Day
- Family Fun Endurance Bike Ride to support Easter Seals DuPage & Fox Valley
- Month-long Roadside Safety Check in West Chicago
- COD President Dr. Ann Rondeau Keynotes Veterans Day at Illinois State Fair
- College of DuPage Celebrates Investiture of President Dr. Ann Rondeau
- College of DuPage Board Approves Participation in CAREER Consortium
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Joe Hyken completes his Eagle Scout Service Project for the Carol Stream Park District on April 5. Photo is taken after the boys finished installing their last sign at the Town Center. Names from left to right. Kurt Pysarenko, Hans Carden, Nate Boyd, Joe Hyken, Josh Pysarnko, Nick Quinte, Ryan Montoma. Shawn Hyken
- A group of Eagle Scouts celebrate an Eagle Court of Honor for some of the 13 Eagle Scouts produced in 2013 by Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Alexis Zayed
- A group of Eagle Scouts, with their Scoutmaster Mr. Frank Jeffers, that earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2014 from Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Standing, from left: Michael Gehl, Daniel Valentin, Sam Bedrossian, Jacob Poke, Kurt Pysarenko, Joe Hyken, Matt Tarrizo, and Scoutmaster Frank E. Jeffers. Seated row, from left: Connor Foley, Kerry FitzGibbons, Josh Brenc, Nate Gartlan, TJ Wiegman and Luke Jolly. Scout not pictured: Ryan Jolly Alexis Zayed
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
More Glendale Heights News
- Glendale Heights Sports
- James, Glenbard North make it look easy vs. Naperville Central
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County football games
- DVC’s best team is anybody’s guess
- Scouting the Glenbard North Panthers
- Glendale Heights Business
- First human West Nile case reported in DuPage County
- COD’s nursing program achieves 100 percent pass rate
- Glendale Heights Entertainment
- Woman rescinds guilty plea in Elmhurst cat stabbing case
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
- Glenbard North High School
- 990 Kuhn Rd.
Carol Stream, Il 60188
- Black/Old Gold
- Glenbard West High School
- 670 Crescent Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, Il 60137
- Forest Green/White
Daily Herald Communities
- A Proud and Progressive Village for All People
- 60137, 60139
- 41.920228, -88.078918
- DuPage County