Communities » Spring Grove Area News
McHenry sheriff’s police searching for missing elderly manMcHenry County Sheriff's Office is seeking help in locating a missing elderly male from the McHenry area.Last Updated Dec 1, 2015 9:05 AM
Lauzen, Shepro to vie for Kane chairman; Bianchi challengedUpdated Nov 30, 2015 8:46 PM
Foes Lauzen, Shepro will square off in GOP primary race for Kane County Board chairman. McHenry County State's Attorney Bianchi draws a challenge. Four candidates square off in local state rep race.
Who’s in, who’s out in congressional primariesUpdated Nov 30, 2015 7:03 PM
Two years after Republican contests at the top of the ballot dominated primaries, suburban Democrats are going to have big choices to make in March about who will face off in November for some of the area’s key congressional races.
Experts can help you spot eagles Dec. 12Updated Nov 30, 2015 3:59 PM
Representatives from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Friends of Hackmatack National Wildlife Refuge, Illinois Department of Natural Resources, and McHenry County Audubon will be available from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 12 at four locations along the Fox River to help search for eagles and other birds using the waterway.
Teens killed in McHenry crash had passion for automotive repairUpdated Nov 28, 2015 5:44 PM
Two of the three 18-year-olds who died in a car crash in McHenry County are being remembered for their passion for working on and souping up trucks — a passion that ended too soon.
3 die in single-car crash in McHenry County areaPosted Nov 28, 2015 1:00 AM
Three teenagers are dead after a single-car crash Friday afternoon in unincorporated McHenry County. According to a news release from the McHenry County coroner’s office, the vehicle was traveling south around 2:11 p.m. Friday at 1308 S. Lily Lake Road when it left the roadway, traveled down into a ravine and landed on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
Dawn Patrol: Gun shuts down Barrington HighUpdated Dec 1, 2015 5:55 AM
Barrington student accused of carrying gun, drugs in school. Palatine-Schaumburg Twp. District 15 board member resigns. Three charged in beating man lured to Aurora for sex. Lincolnshire police warn of ruse burglaries. 6 years for Aurora rapist after seventh failure to register. Parent group opposes compromise in Dist. 211 transgender case. Noah still providing spark for Chicago Bulls.
Dawn Patrol: Two ‘suspicious’ deaths in Beach Park; Dist. 41 parents say fees too highUpdated Nov 30, 2015 5:51 AM
Two 'suspicious' deaths in Beach Park. Parents say Dist. 41 fees are too high. Glen Ellyn-area fire under investigation. Forest district's new vehicle produces no noise, no emissions. University of Chicago calls off classes today. Some days, sports not easy to watch, Rozner writes. Bulls playing Spurs tonight.
10 stories you might have missed over the weekendPosted Nov 30, 2015 5:00 AM
10 Daily Herald stories you might have missed over the weekend, including the news that the typical house fire in the suburbs burns faster, hotter and more dangerously than ever before.
- Dawn Patrol: One shot in Elgin; Bears beat Packers
Spring Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Registration open for the 2016 Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge to benefit Special Olympics Illinois
- #ILGive looks to raise $6 million for social impact organizations in one day
- Faith Lutheran Church celebrates 10 years of their Grass Lake campus
- Volunteers invited to share hope, love during special holiday meal-packing sessions
- Girl Scouts seeks award nominations for local volunteers
- Chicago Botanic Garden joins #GivingTuesday movement
- Local Groups Partner to Organize World AIDS Day Event Dec. 1
- Health Department Encourages Residents to Take Steps to Avoid Diabetes
- 77 percent of U.S. consumers are planning to ‘Shop Small’ this holiday season
- ‘Triple Your Giving’ benefits Northern Illinois Food Bank Nov. 22-28
- Cub Scout Pack 349 of Richmond held its annual Pinewood Derby recently at State Bank of the Lakes in Spring Grove. The Cub Scouts vied for fast times and cool designs for their homemade race cars. While watching the races, scouts enjoyed a dinner of Bacci's pizza with friends and family. Winners from this race will go on to the larger district race in Pecatonica, IL in April. It's never too late to join Cub Scouts!! Pack 349 meets at the Community Church in Richmond on the 3rd Friday of the month. Please contact Contact Dani McCallister at firstname.lastname@example.org Boys in the photo are: from left, Ethan Ford, Marcus Hemmelgarn. Photo credit: Brenda Eichelberg
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Spring Grove resident Art Peterson won an autographed Brandon Saad puck during a LifeSource promotion last month. Peterson was making his 46th blood donation (and is now just two pints away from his six gallon milestone). Every pint donated, LifeSource says, supports up to three lives. LifeSource
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Kaneland High School
- 47W326 Keslinger Rd.
Maple Park, Il 60151-9720
- Richmond-Burton Community High School
- 8311 N. Route 31
P.O. Box 449
Richmond, Il 60071
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.451031, -88.242589