Communities » Spring Grove Area News
Guilty verdict in McHenry murder and entombment caseA jury deliberated nearly three hours Friday before convicting a McHenry man of killing his girlfriend and entombing her body in his home for more than a year.Last Updated Jul 22, 2016 6:29 PM
4-year-old McHenry-area girl climbed into hot minivan on her own, cops sayUpdated Jul 20, 2016 8:21 PM
A 4-year-old girl, apparently anticipating a trip to grandmother's home, climbed into a minivan her own near McHenry, sheriff's police said. She remains hospitalized.
Scabies outbreak confirmed at McHenry County nursing homeUpdated Jul 20, 2016 6:00 PM
Health officials are investigating a scabies outbreak confirmed at the McHenry County-operated Valley Hi Nursing Home this month.
Trial begins for man accused of killing, entombing girlfriend in his houseUpdated Jul 20, 2016 5:58 AM
William J. Ross shot and killed his girlfriend in fall 2011 and entombed her body in his McHenry County-area home until a neighbor discovered it in November 2013, prosecutors argued in opening statements of Ross' murder trial Tuesday.
Medical event may have preceded in Fox Lake crashUpdated Jul 18, 2016 9:58 PM
A 60-year-old Spring Grove man whose pickup truck swerved into an oncoming group of motorcycles in Fox Lake on Saturday, resulting in a crash that killed himself and another man, appears to have suffered a medical event before the crash, the Lake County coroner's office said Monday.
Spring Grove, Wisconsin men identified as victims of fiery Fox Lake crashUpdated Jul 17, 2016 2:31 PM
A 60-year-old Spring Grove man and 43-year-old Wisconsin man were identified Sunday as the two people killed in a fiery crash involving a pickup truck and three motorcycles Saturday afternoon in Fox Lake.
Spring Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Indo-American Heritage Museum celebrates Hall of Fame opening with gala concert
- Join annual golf outing Aug. 22 supporting manufacturing
- 6th Annual Mundelein Arts Festiva Coming This Fall
- Five physicists to duke it out at Windy City Physics Slam Aug. 7
- Deadline nears for veteran appreciation awards
- Nominations due for Veteran Volunteer of the Year award
- Former COD Student Alexis Reisch Receives Fulbright Award for Research in Sweden
- Miss Northern Suburbs Seeking Contestants
- COD Faculty Externships a Valuable Experience for Teachers and Students
- Tom Cullerton’s initiative to honor Illinois veterans signed into law
- Cub Scout Pack 349 of Richmond held its annual Pinewood Derby recently at State Bank of the Lakes in Spring Grove. The Cub Scouts vied for fast times and cool designs for their homemade race cars. While watching the races, scouts enjoyed a dinner of Bacci's pizza with friends and family. Winners from this race will go on to the larger district race in Pecatonica, IL in April. It's never too late to join Cub Scouts!! Pack 349 meets at the Community Church in Richmond on the 3rd Friday of the month. Please contact Contact Dani McCallister at firstname.lastname@example.org Boys in the photo are: from left, Ethan Ford, Marcus Hemmelgarn. Photo credit: Brenda Eichelberg
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Spring Grove resident Art Peterson won an autographed Brandon Saad puck during a LifeSource promotion last month. Peterson was making his 46th blood donation (and is now just two pints away from his six gallon milestone). Every pint donated, LifeSource says, supports up to three lives. LifeSource
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Kaneland High School
- 47W326 Keslinger Rd.
Maple Park, Il 60151-9720
- Richmond-Burton Community High School
- 8311 N. Route 31
P.O. Box 449
Richmond, Il 60071
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.451031, -88.242589