Communities » Oakbrook Terrace Area News
DuPage election agency may impose restrictions on its representativesThe DuPage County Election Commission board is expected to consider a policy that would restrict the political activity of some representatives of the agency.Last Updated Aug 23, 2016 4:50 PM
DuPage to buy more equipment for November electionUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:01 PM
The DuPage County Election Commission plans to spend more than $500,000 on equipment to speed same-day voter registration at the polls in November.
DuPage hires four lobbying firmsUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:52 PM
DuPage County officials defended the county’s use of lobbyists before awarding one-year contracts to four firms.
Could WSC be even better than last year?Updated Aug 23, 2016 11:57 AM
Perennial champion Glenbard West remains favored in the West Suburban Silver but, as always, the Gold appears up for grabs.
Lombard woman pleads not guilty to running over boyfriendUpdated Aug 22, 2016 8:49 PM
A Lombard woman accused of using her car to run over and severely injure her boyfriend pleaded not guilty Monday to numerous charges.
DuComm may move to county building in WheatonUpdated Aug 22, 2016 4:07 PM
A 911 dispatching center that serves dozens of police and fire departments in DuPage County is planning to move into the county’s former youth home by 2018.
Lester: Illinois Supreme Court justice goes undercover in bond courtUpdated Aug 22, 2016 2:15 PM
Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne Burke says she sometimes goes “undercover” to watch Cook County’s bond court call and doesn’t always like what she sees, Columnist Kerry Lester writes.
Wheeling nonprofit, community come together to bury abandoned babiesPosted Aug 20, 2016 7:26 AM
Rest In His Arms, a Wheeling non-profit started 11 years ago to provide free funerals and burials to abandoned babies, is among several groups and individuals that have reached out to the DuPage County Coroner this week, offering to provide a final act of dignity for Baby Hope.
DuPage investigators searching for clues about Baby Hope’s momUpdated Aug 19, 2016 6:09 PM
DuPage County sheriff’s deputies and a group of volunteers will be out in large numbers this weekend continuing the search for the mother of Baby Hope.
- Scouting the Hinsdale Central Red Devils
- Coroner: Offers pouring in to assist with funeral for ‘Baby Hope’
- New principal takes reins at Brook Forest in Oak Brook
Oakbrook Terrace Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Families set to reunite with caregivers at Good Samaritan Hospital’s NICU Reunion Aug. 28
- DuPage Health Department Raises Warning Level For West Nile Virus
- Serve City holding boys volleyball club tryouts in West Chicago, Downers Grove
- Fine Art Festival at Oakbrook Center Celebrates 54th Year
- COD Engineering Club Honored by Congressman Peter Roskam for NASA Robotics Competition Entry
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class Sept. 22
- Pokémon Go benefits Birches resident with memory loss
- World Lutheran Deaf Outreach to offer workshop in East Dundee
- Illinois State Police issue back-to-school safety reminder
- Preventing sexual assault begins at home
- Popular safari guide, photographer and lecturer Richard Field will tell about "Life on Safari: An Introduction to Authentic Africa" in a lecture/slide show Wednesday, April 9, at the Oak Brook Park District Rec Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook. This 7 to 9 p.m. event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 630-303-4787. Rebecca Field
- The Village of Lombard celebrates Arbor Day with the planting of an Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac tree in honor of the late Village President William J. Mueller. Attending the ceremony was the Mueller Family and St. Pius X students and their families. Village of Lombard
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
- Steve, on left, and Bob in pictures from 1990 and 2013 after 23 years together still waiting for marriage equality to pass in Illinois. Robert Hansen, Steve Schneider
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 41.85372, -87.96825
- DuPage County