Bears | Fast start fizzles as Packers score 19 in fourth to beat Bears 28-19
Attempting to drive the Bears down to take the lead late, Justin Fields threw an interception to Jaire Alexander with 2:48 remaining and the Packers went on to claim a 28-19 victory at Soldier Field on Sunday.
Crime | Fundraiser launched in memory of Buffalo Grove mom and daughtersAn online fundraiser to pay for the burial of a Buffalo Grove mother and two young daughters found dead in their home Wednesday already has raised nearly $60,000.
News | Neighbors in Need: WeGo Together for Kids gathers agencies to help West Chicago familiesWeGo Together for Kids, an organization that works with 60 partner agencies to help families in West Chicago, is one of the groups to receive a grant this year through the Daily Herald Neighbors in Need fund in partnership with the McCormick Foundation.
Crime | Vera Kisliak describes a tormented life with husband, according to court recordsIn court filings, Vera Kisliak described a life of misery with her husband. Five Kisliak family members were found dead in their Buffalo Grove home Wednesday.
News | It's that time of year in Arlington Heights: Hundreds in Santa outfits running through downtownMore than 1,500 runners dressed as Santa Claus ran through downtown Arlington Heights Saturday for the 15th annual Rotary Santa Run.
News | Eco-friendly gifts, recyclable decorations, sustainable lighting: How to have a green ChristmasBetween decorations, gifts and cards, Americans create more waste between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day than at any other time of the year. We ask sustainability experts to share tips on how to reduce and reuse this season to make your holiday season a bit greener.
Columns | Lincicome: This edition of the greatest NFL rivalry is a real loser takes allFor now, let's see how this Sunday turns out when losing is winning for both teams, a fixture of the NFL business model when surrender, early or late, brings rewards.
Business | BizWeek: Illinois to pay down unemployment debt; developer plans to save historic buildingThe Biz Week That Was: Illinois leaders announced a plan to pay down unemployment debt. A developer has plans to save a historic building in St. Charles.
Business | Serving up lunch 'one student at a time'; Marlas Lunch takes combines school lunches with fundraisingMarlas Lunch is a virtual cafeteria that partners with local restaurants to offer school lunches at suburban schools.
News | 'He loved Schaumburg': Trustee Frank Kozak remembered for dedication, sense of humorFrank Kozak's list of accomplishments include serving as a Schaumburg trustee, years as a dedicated volunteer for charities and athletics, and -- surviving an EF5 tornado.
Crime | Firearms charges follow drive-by shooting in WaucondaSuspects in Wauconda drive-by shooting knew victims, police say. Firearms charges filed in Friday night ambush.
Crime | Volo man charged with criminal sexual assault, home invasion; deputy aids childrenA Volo man faces criminal sexual assault, home invasion and domestic battery charges. A Lake County sheriff's deputy intervened to help two children, police say.
- 9:42 AMA haunting ghost story in 'The Eternal Daughter'
- 9:02 AMGet your wish list ready: Where to dine with Santa in the suburbs
- 8:47 PMUrgent care veterinary clinic under construction in Libertyville
- 7:38 PMSuburban tech company the sole U.S. finalist in royals' Earthshot climate award
- 7:03 PMFireworks fill the air over Mundelein's holiday tree
More Suburban News Find your community
- Girls' BasketballHersey holds on for thrilling 68-67 win over Benet
- East DundeeElgin Mall vendors hope to make a new home in East Dundee
- BataviaThe Mooseheart eagles have landed: They find their new home after their old tree had to come down
- Boys' BasketballPalatine downs Libertyville to cap strong weekend
- Prep SportsBoys swimming: Stevenson swims to pair of titles at Patriot Relays
- Vernon HillsGirls gymnastics: Vernon Hills takes title at Glenbard West
- Girls' BasketballFremd notches convincing win in battle of last two state champs
- Prep FootballGrayslake Central's Miller 'electric' in proving impossible to stop
- Prep FootballSurges makes plays on both sides to lead St. Charles North to championship season
- Prep FootballVezza delivers in biggest moments, leading York to best season in school history
- Girls' BasketballBurgess leads Lake Park over St. Charles East in DuKane opener
- Aurora2 plead guilty in kidnapping, beating of woman in Aurora
- 4:14 PMRetired beat cop offers tips on how to protect yourself from pick pockets during the holidays
- 4:06 PMCOD accounting team takes top honors in the PwC Case competition
- 2:57 PMDonation to COD's Spanish Immersion Program honors legacy of study abroad supporter
- 1:28 PMPancakes, Santa visit on the menu at Palatine breakfast
- 12:52 PMClearing project to improve migratory bird habitat begins Dec. 1 at Fabyan
- 11:53 AMKane County offers update on solar field project
- 11:48 AMLet It Be Us announces third annual Toy Drive
- 11:38 AMDistrict 300 school board candidates must file petitions in McHenry County for April consolidated election
Inside Daily Herald