Columns | Where is I-55 expansion plan with tolled express lanes heading?
State lawmakers are bullish. Not so fast, says IDOT.
Crime | Deerfield school board member ID'd as victim of hit-and-run crashDist. 109 school board member Maureen Wener was identified as the bicyclist killed in Highland Park.
News | Elk Grove Village puts Narcan dispensing machine in police department lobbyElk Grove Village is opening new lanes on the road to recovery for community members struggling with substance abuse disorder, through an expansion of its Elk Grove Village Cares program and the installation of a Narcan machine in its police department lobby.
News | Buffalo Grove parade celebrates 'Magic of Pride'"It's all about giving support and being an ally," Heather Gunderman of Oswego said.
Columns | Suburban Mosaic: How local spellers fared in the Scripps National Spelling BeeFour young spellers made an impressive stand on the most competitive national linguistic stage last week.
Lake County | Sheriff: Nearly 8,000 fentanyl-laced pills linked to Mundelein manA Mundelein man faces multiple drug and gun charges after a three-month investigation that netted nearly 8,000 fentanyl-laced pills and four firearms, Lake County authorities said Sunday.
Politics | Why some suburban lawmakers got extensions for mandatory disclosure reportsSix of the nine congressional representatives serving the North, West and Northwest suburbs requested 90-day extensions for annual financial disclosures that were due in mid-May, records show.
Lake County | Man drowns early Sunday after jumping into Chain O' Lakes channelA 25-year-old Kenosha man drowned early Sunday after jumping into a water channel on the Chain O' Lakes, authorities said.
White Sox | White Sox prospect Anderson Comas on coming out: 'Now is when I feel good with myself'Anderson Comas, a minor leaguer in the White Sox's system. spoke out about becoming one of only two professional baseball players to come out as being gay.
Lake County | Ex-Fox Lake cop convicted of murder seeks new round of DNA testingJohn Cumbee is serving a life sentence for the 1992 killing of his former girlfriend.
McHenry County | Police in Harvard fatally shoot man suspected of stabbing woman to deathNeither he nor the stabbing victim has been identified by police.
Kane County | Longmeadow Parkway Bridge closer to becoming toll-freeKane County has received an additional $12.5 million in state funding to support eliminating a toll on drivers using the Longmeadow Parkway Bridge over the Fox River when it opens next year, county officials announced.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Have Kevin Warren and the Bears found their golden crowbar in Naperville?When Bears president Kevin Warren met Naperville Mayor Scott Wehrli to discuss the possibility of a new Bears stadium in the giant west suburb, the password was "leverage." The Bears want an array of "tax certainties" and other gift-wrapped concessions before ownership commits to building on approximately one-third of the 326 acres that housed Arlington Park.
- 7:09 AM'Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse' swings to massive $120.5 million opening
- 6:59 AMPride becomes a minefield for big companies, but many continue their support
- 6:53 AMQatar minister elected to head UN labor conference following World Cup scrutiny
- 6:53 AMAs India grieves train crash that killed 275, relatives wait for bodies of loved ones
- 6:53 AMUS defense secretary discusses upgrading ties with India to counter China
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- Vernon HillsPolice: Toddler accidentally shot in Vernon Hills home
- GurneeGurnee electionic recycling event June 16
- Elgin'Here to support love': First Elgin Pride Parade and Festival kicks off Pride Month Saturday
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates' Summer Sounds on the Green concerts return June 15
- Mount Prospect'Quite an adventure': Mount Prospect family teams with village workers to rescue ducklings
- AuroraAurora man gets 38 years in prison for 2005 beating murder
- Prep SportsSoftball: Barrington capitalizes on unusual play, beats Huntley in sectional final
- Prep SportsBaseball: Bottom of the order helps Sycamore end Burlington Central's season in sectional final
- Prep SportsBaseball: Jacobs' 7th-inning comeback comes up just short
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Benet falls short of state championship for second year in a row
- Prep SportsGirls lacrosse: Loyola starts strong, tops Hinsdale Central in state championship game
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Glenbard West repeats state championship
- 1:00 AMTake a ride through time via The Roarin' Elgin
- 12:57 AMDeja Family Memorial Scholarship goes to Kaneland grad Abbey Mondi
- 12:56 AMEQuality Downers Grove hosts LGBTQ+ Pride events in Downers Grove for third year
- 12:56 AMBrian E. Wagner Scholarship Fund honors 2023 York and IC Catholic Prep students
- 12:55 AMWest Suburban Community Pantry serves thousands children facing hunger this summer
- 12:54 AM2023 Miss Cary-Grove crowned at Business Leadership Pageant
- 12:30 AMMary Childers named COD Outstanding Collegewide Adjunct Faculty Member
- 11:53 PMBarbara Coe named COD Outstanding Collegewide Full-Time Faculty Member
Geneva, Wheaton North, Wheaton Warrenville South, Aurora Central Catholic and Willows academy graduation ceremonies
Inside Daily Herald