Blackhawks | Former Blackhawks great Bobby Hull dies at 84
Bobby Hull, the Blackhawks' all-time leading goal scorer, died Monday morning, two people close to Hull told the Daily Herald. No other immediate details were available. Hull just celebrated his 84th birthday on Jan. 3.
Transportation | Tollway board chairwoman steps down after a year due to health issuesIllinois tollway Board Chairwoman Dorothy Abreu is stepping down, officials said, citing health issues. She started at the agency last February.
Columns | 'Harsh and sudden death': How wrong-way crashes are increasing in Illinois and elsewhereThey are typically catastrophic and often linked to DUIs. Why are wrong-way crashes up?
Health Care | 'Phenomenal change': How Central DuPage Hospital is reshaping downtown WinfieldNorthwestern Medicine will open a $38.8 million medical office building today as part of redevelopment efforts in downtown Winfield.
News | Sherman Hospital ER manager named Advocate's Nurse Leader of the YearDaniel Haslett, the clinical nurse manager for the emergency department and trauma services at Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin, has been named the hospital group's first Nurse Leader of the Year.
Crime | Streamwood man charged with armed robbery in Clarendon HillsA Streamwood man is accused of robbing a man at gunpoint Saturday.
News | 'An indelible mark on Aurora': Fred Rodgers, tireless champion for young people, diesAurora has lost a civic icon who spent decades guiding the city's young people onto the path of success. Fred Rodgers, a fierce champion and advocate for youth, died early Saturday morning, Aurora Mayor Richard Irvin announced.
Dining | Valentine's Day dining 2023: It's never too early to start making dining plansWhether you feel like going fancy or more low-key for Valentine's Day this year, there's a suburban restaurant special out there to fit the bill. And with the sweet day falling on a Tuesday, many eateries are starting their specials the weekend before and some are extending them through the following weekend. However you decide to celebrate, make reservations soon so you don't miss out.
News | Some practical tips to keep pets safe during coyote mating seasonOwners of cats and small dogs are reminded to be more vigilant during coyote mating season.
Columns | Fremd student expands mission to encourage girls to pursue STEM careersRuby Arun, a sophomore at William Fremd High School in Palatine, is growing her mission to inspire girls to pursue careers in STEM fields.
News | Geneva native produces movie that shines light on homelessness, mental illnessA 1991 Geneva High School graduate has produced a recently released movie for Sony Pictures that shines light on homelessness, mental illness.
Lake County | Authorities: Drunk driver rear-ends Lake County deputy's patrol vehicleA Lake County sheriff's deputy escaped injury Sunday night when a pickup truck driven by suspected drunken driver slammed into a patrol vehicle that was pulled over for a traffic stop, authorities said Monday.
- 1:50 PMPotential changes to independent contractor rules may impact many illinois businesses
- 1:40 PMPakistan mosque suicide bomber kills 59, wounds over 150
- 1:17 PMSchool where 6-year-old shot his teacher set to reopen
- 1:16 PMBlinken urges Israel-Palestinian calm as violence soars
- 1:16 PMTurkey favors approving Finland's NATO bid before Sweden's
More Suburban News Find your community
- WheelingPot shop, cafe to open Friday in Wheeling
- NewsArlington Heights launches improved village website
- Cook CountyCook County seeks suburban poll workers for April 4 election
- Mount ProspectIs it "au revoir" for Mount Prospect's Sister Cities Commission?
- St. CharlesSt. Charles home featured in upcoming "House Hunters"
- LisleLisle police arrest men accused of holding guns outside convenience store
- EducationReception for outgoing District 214 superintendent on Feb. 9
- GurneeGurnee police warn of scam involving fake cops
- AntiochAntioch home uninhabitable after fire
- NapervilleNaperville attorney appointed judge in DuPage County
- SchaumburgQuestions at District 211 candidates forum focus on use of controversial sex ed curriculum
- Des PlainesAfter controversy, mayor says standards coming for Des Plaines Theatre bookings
- 10:29 AMNSYMCA celebrates Black History Month
- 8:58 AMHoffman Estates VA Clinic to host PACT Act benefits event on Jan. 30
- 11:36 AMGlenbard Parent Series speaker to discuss expanding students' capacity Feb. 1
- 11:22 AMDistrict 300 students to premiere 'Magical Forest' composition written by Mexican composer
- 11:00 AMSt. Charles North Theatre opens winter comedy 'Puffs' Feb. 2
- 10:16 AMAAUW Crystal Lake Area Branch to host Ada Cheng's 'Our Words, Our Truths' Feb. 4
- 3:09 PMYork Drama to present classic and contemporary takes on the seminal drama '12 Angry Men'
- 2:16 PMStreamwood Park District Commissioner Wright Honored
Inside Daily Herald