Politics | Illinois Primary: Nominations for governor, congressional seats at stake Tuesday
Six GOP candidates brawling over the governor nomination lead the longest primary campaign in Illinois history.
Politics | Suburbs look to recoup funding after Illinois census undercountThey lost less population, or even gained after census correction. Now, suburbs look to recoup funding.
News | More than 90% of Illinois' plastic goes to landfills. Here are some solutions.Over 90% of the plastic generated in Illinois is going to landfills instead of being recycled. We can help change that.
Columns | Quicker clicks: Why data centers are a growth industry in the suburbsWhat are data centers, how do they affect our everyday lives, why are so many of them being built in the suburbs and what do they mean for our economy?
News | Lombard couple featured in new Food Network series 'Me or the Menu'A Lombard couple will appear in the new Food Network reality TV series "Me or the Menu," which debuts on Thursday, June 30. The show follows the lives of Kathleen Murray and Nate Albert and three other restaurateur couples.
Columns | Suburban Mosaic: Eid Fest returns to DuPage County Fairgrounds in JulyThousands of Muslims are expected to gather for the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) Chicago's annual Eid Fest July 15-17, at the DuPage County Fairgrounds, 2015 Manchester Road in Wheaton.
Kane County | Body recovered from Fox River could be man missing since FridayA body recovered Sunday morning from the Fox River in Carpentersville may be that of a 21-year-old man missing since Friday, authorities said.
McHenry County | McHenry County Board OKs pay hikes for nonunion workersMcHenry County will increase pay for many of its nonunion employees, which could add $2 million annually to its budget starting in 2023.
Editorial | A summary of the Daily Herald's endorsements in the June 28 Republican and Democratic primariesA summary of the Daily Herald's endorsements in contested local races for the June 28 Republican and Democratic primaries.
Columns | Feder flashback: So you think you know Chicago television?So you think you know Chicago television? Match these phrases with the Chicago television personalities who made them famous.
News | Apartment complex proposed for site of former Cary senior centerThe village of Cary is working on a development agreement with True North Properties to convert the village-owned site of the former Kraus Senior Center into a multi-building apartment complex.
Politics | 'We'll keep fighting': Jane members who provided illegal abortions outraged at Roe's fallJane members who risked everything to provide illegal abortions to women in the 1960s and '70s say they are not surprised, but outraged at Supreme Court's overthrow of Roe v. Wade.
- 6:50 AMConstable: Chef cooks up kitchen-inspired hairnets for dogs
- 6:47 AM'Elvis,' 'Top Gun' tie for box-office crown with $30.5M each
- 6:34 AMReturn of parade brings celebratory end for Geneva's Swedish Days
- 6:18 AM4 killed when stands collapse during Colombian bullfight
- 5:42 AMLive updates | 5 top emerging economies join G-7 summit
More Suburban News Find your community
- Cook CountyPrimary in the Northwest suburbs: County board, sheriff and school referendum decisions
- St. CharlesSt. Charles considering health savings plan for firefighters
- NapervilleNaperville organizations join together to send medical donations to Ukraine
- News$300,000 bond set for a man accused of stealing running car from gas station
- Hawthorn WoodsPrimary in Lake County: Political races and pocketbook issues to watch
- WaukeganPolice: Canine helped discover 2 kilos of cocaine during traffic stop in Waukegan
- DuPage CountyPrimary in DuPage County: Board races, Glen Ellyn school referendum
- GenevaJudge to decide Monday whether to acquit Geneva man of killing wife or continue with trial
- Kane CountyPrimary in Kane County: Races, referendums to watch this week
- Cook CountyCook County Board District 9 Democratic candidates weigh in on public safety
- AuroraTwo hospitalized with stab wounds after attack in Aurora
- AlgonquinAlgonquin park improvements to include new bandshell, playground
- 12:50 AMBring the kids to Dairy Day June 25 at Carol Stream's Historic Farmhouse
- 12:29 AMThirty-five ECC student-athletes earn Academic All-Conference honors
- 12:15 AMNAMI DuPage and Tri-Town YMCA join forces to Run For the Mind
- 12:06 AMBuilding an international community: Library volunteer shares his experience with English Language Learning Groups
- 11:58 PMDo you have a few hours to help volunteer at Home of the Sparrow?
- 11:56 PMSherman nurse midwife debunks four myths
- 11:43 PMLucky Lucy's 7 hosts ribbon cutting and grand opening in Fox River Grove
- 11:38 PMCOD dual enrollment expands college courses, degree pathways for high school students
Inside Daily Herald