News | Booster shots outpacing demand for initial round of COVID-19 vaccines in Illinois
After federal regulators approved booster shots for many of those who received Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines, several pharmacy chains began offering appointments. This as more people in Illinois already are getting COVID-19 booster shots each day than are receiving their first or second doses of the vaccine.
News | Illinois COVID-19 hospitalizations drop below 1,300 patientsIllinois hospitals are reporting fewer than 1,300 COVID-19 patients for the first time since Aug.7, according to Illinois Department of Public Health records.
News | So, who can get which booster shots now? Here's a quick guideThe Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines all have federal approval as booster shots now. But who is really eligible for which booster shots? Here's a quick guide based on CDC guidelines.
News | District 304 teacher resigns after profane TikTok video goes viralThe Geneva High School French teacher at the center of a TikTok video controversy submitted her resignation to the district, according to a document for a board meeting.
News | 'I will always remember her kindness': Peers laud former Long Grove president Maria RodriguezDuring a political career that spanned three decades, Maria Rodriguez wore many hats. The former Long Grove village president, congressional candidate and lieutenant governor candidate has died.
News | Villa Park police surround apartment building for hours FridayA Villa Park police response and community alert were still in effect late Friday after starting in the afternoon for a possibly armed, barricaded person on the 300 block of North Ardmore Avenue.
DuPage County | Human remains found at Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve near DarienWorkers found human remains Friday morning south of a campground in Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve near Darien, the DuPage County Forest Preserve District has announced.
News | Hampshire man dies after crash near SchaumburgAuthorities say a 57-year-old Hampshire man was killed when the car he was driving on Interstate 90 near Schaumburg Thursday hit a guardrail and overturned.
Prep Football | Here's how to watch the IHSA football pairings show on TVThe road to the IHSA Football Playoffs is always a test of stamina over the course of the nine-week regular-season, but high school football fans in Illinois have never endured a wait like this. On Saturday the IHSA Playoff Pairing Television Show will reveal the 2021 football playoff field during a live telecast on the IHSA TV Network that will air statewide from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Brady vs. Fields, OK -- but there's also a young Buccaneer to watchJim O'Donnell: Iowa's Tristan Wirfs still clearing the way for Tampa Bay's Tom Brady.
Columns | Lincicome: For some Cubs fans, suffering seems to be a birthrightBernie Lincicome: Here's the letter Cubs owner Tom Rickets ought to send to the faithful.
News | Waubonsee faculty asserts college president isn't following COVID-19 mitigationsMore than 90% of Waubonsee Community College's Faculty Council gave a vote of no confidence in the college president, asserting she isn't following state and federal COVID-19 mandates.
Business | Old Elk Grove motel teardown delayed by bigger asbestos cleanup jobDemolition of a dilapidated motel on Higgins Road in Elk Grove Village has been delayed while cleanup crews remove more asbestos and waste from the site. "They found a lot more in there than they thought," Mayor Craig Johnson said of the former Days Inn motel the village purchased in June.
More Suburban News Find your community
- ElginElgin task force to study idea of police review board made up of residents
- AuroraShooting reported in Aurora
- LombardChicago man out on bail for violence charge is accused of shooting at a Lombard police officer
- Glen EllynLynn LaPlante to run again for top seat on DuPage County Board
- Prep FootballBarrington tops Fremd for 5th win
- Prep FootballPalatine rolls past Hoffman to share MSL West crown
- Prep FootballGeneva holds off Lake Park to become playoff eligible
- Prep FootballCary-Grove completes perfect regular season
- Prep FootballRolling Meadows upsets Prospect, becomes playoff eligible
- Prep FootballDodd announces arrival with big game in Naperville Central win
- Prep SportsOswego East takes regional final from Metea Valley
- Prep FootballNaperville North upsets Neuqua Valley on final play of DVC Bowl
- 12:28 AMMidwestern University student earns Golden Stethoscope Award for research
- 11:50 PMVIA expands manufacturing workforce initiatives with GCAMP Acquisition
- 11:42 PMDuPage Mobile Vaccination Care Van to stop at Villa Park church Oct. 24
- 11:23 PMGlenbard West student earns perfect score on ACT
- 12:34 PMAurora library, AAUW to host panel on Critical Race Theory Oct. 27
- 12:21 PMWell Child Center hosts virtual fundraiser to support pediatric dental clinic
- 11:55 AMCollege of DuPage's human services program adopts open educational resources to lower textbook costs for students
- 11:08 AMLake in the Hills to join National Lights On Afterschool celebration Oct. 28
Inside Daily Herald