Transportation | FAA now sees 'a path forward' for noise-reducing O'Hare runway rotation
The 12-week overnight rotation plan took seven years to develop.
Politics | Trump charged over classified documents in 1st federal indictment of an ex-presidentSources say the indictment includs seven criminal counts.
News | 'An exciting addition': Heaven's Barbecue on Earth opens in WheelingRibs, pulled pork, beef brisket and more are on the family-owned menu.
Special Report | After meeting with Chicago and Naperville mayors, Bears president coming to Arlington HeightsNew Chicago Bears President and CEO Kevin Warren's introductory tour of the city and suburbs continues when he comes to Arlington Heights for a community conversation June 26.
News | Blues & BBQ served up this weekend at Carpentersville festivalDon't want to drive to Chicago to hear Blues music? Check out Duke's Blues Fest in Carpentersville
News | Second lawsuit filed in death of Elk Grove Village mom during Florida parasailing tripThe family of an Elk Grove Village woman killed in a 2022 crash while she and two children were parasailing in the Florida Keys filed a second lawsuit connected to her death this week and reflected on the tragic end to a family vacation about a year ago.
Business | Joe Donut filling a hole on Mount Prospect's Rand Road corridorJoe Donut is filling a hole along Mount Prospect's Rand Road corridor. The business operates at 720 E. Rand, the former home of Frankie's Fast Food, which closed after nearly two decades. Given the line of cars at its drive-through, Joe Donut could be in for a long run as well.
News | How can the suburbs get tourists racing back for a visit? New tech, big attractionsSuburban tourism bureaus chart their recovery from the largest challenge in their history: the COVID-19 pandemic.
News | Aurora casino progress: City plan panel approves zoning, use requestsThe Hollywood Casino in Aurora ticked another item off its moving to-do list Wednesday.
News | Blackwell buildings overdue for overhaul, DuPage forest preserve leaders sayA multimillion-dollar proposal to overhaul the DuPage forest preserve district maintenance campus along Mack Road is now taking shape -- nearly 20 years after it was first discussed.
Education | Police, high schools setting rules for officer bodycams on campusThe Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg and Palatine police departments continue to work with Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 on protocols for school resource officers using state-mandated bodycams while on campus.
News | Lake Zurich resident working to bring technology companies to townA Lake Zurich resident and former Motorola engineer said he hopes to make his hometown a center for tech innovation by consolidating his consulting company, light manufacturing operation and nonprofit into a new development near the village's downtown.
- 7:50 AM'Past Lives' is a gorgeous meditation on love, chance -- and the choices we make
- 7:29 AMFlamin' Hot Cheetos get a loaded origin story, one that's worth the crunch
- 7:26 AMA dam collapses and thousands face the deluge -- often with no help -- in Russian-occupied Ukraine
- 7:26 AMSudan's government declares UN envoy, a mediator in the conflict, no longer welcome
- 7:26 AMPalestinians say Israeli troops kill man at West Bank checkpoint; Israel says he attacked a soldier
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- ElburnElburn officials approve short-term rentals in residential neighborhoods
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect gives firefighters a 2% retention bonus
- Buffalo GroveWork to widen Aptakisic Road in Buffalo Grove nearing start
- AuroraAurora's Pride Weekend kicks off Friday
- Elk Grove VillageNew pedestrian path opens along Meacham Road in Elk Grove Village
- Downers GrovePride In the Park 'N Lot returns June 11 in Downers Grove
- Barrington HillsRide Lake County celebrates one year of service
- McHenry CountyWoodstock PrideFest returns with parade, color run and pub crawl
- ElginElgin church to host 'School's Out Block Party' June 12
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Brooke Brown, Cook County All-Area Captain
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Bella Najera, Fox All-Area Captain
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Ellie Rebmann, Lake County All-Area Captain
- 12:26 AMFirst Methodist of Downers Grove celebrates 50 years serving youth through music
- 10:36 PMHanover Township to host June 16 car show
- 10:32 PMElgin Soup Kitchens boosted at Elgin Culver's
- 9:47 PMLearn about 'Protecting Dark Skies' at Batavia Plain Dirt Gardeners meeting
- 9:32 PMNACEP grants accreditation to ECC's dual credit enrollment program
- 5:56 PMCraft Beer Adventure Fest comes to Richardson Farm
- 4:09 PMCivics Awareness Series hosts 'Democracy and the Supreme Court: What Are the Cases to Watch?'
- 8:54 AMHoffman Estates Park District Commissioners Train at Statewide Seminar
Inside Daily Herald