Special Report | 1ST AND LONG: One year down, many years to go before Bears play in Arlington Heights
The tentative $197.2 million deal could change the face of the region and a storied NFL franchise for decades to come.
Crime | Highland Park survivors sue gunmaker Smith & Wesson after July 4 parade mass shootingSurvivors of the Highland Park Fourth of July shooting shared their experiences Wednesday afternoon during a news conference announcing lawsuits filed on their behalf against gunmaker Smith & Wesson.
Special Report | Arlington Heights panel endorses idea of Bears sportsbook at Arlington ParkBettors were able to place wagers on horses for nearly a century at Arlington Park. Should the Chicago Bears redevelopment there come to fruition, fans may be able to put down money on football games and a whole host of other sports too.
News | Des Plaines resident joining hurricane relief efforts in FloridaYasmin Clinton of Des Plaines will be heading to Florida this week as a volunteer with the Red Cross aiding in the efforts to succor victims of Hurricane Ian
News | How quick thinking (and flight magic) got reporter home before hurricane hit FloridaA Daily Herald reporter, vacationing at Lido Key off Sarasota, debated the question facing many Floridians as Hurricane Ian approached -- stay or go?
News | Downtown Naperville celebrating completion of $4.9 million streetscape projectThe Downtown Naperville Alliance recently celebrated the completion of a major construction project in the heart of the city.
Kane County | Kane County voters will decide who handles and invests the county's moneyKane County voters will decide who handles and invests the county's money for the next four years when they elect a new county treasurer.
News | Old receipts offer a tab to Buffalo Grove's pastA program presented by Buffalo Grove's Raupp Museum at Vernon Township will explore the museum's collection of receipts to gain insight about life in the suburbs in the early 20th century
Crime | Elmhurst resident tips off police about Virginia bank robbery suspectElmhurst police have arrested a man wanted for bank robbery in Virginia, the Elmhurst Police Department said Wednesday.
Crime | Police, school districts warn of man seeking tours of suburban schoolsSeveral suburban school districts and police departments have issued alerts about a 20-year-old man who is trying to enter schools by asking for tours.
Transportation | Freight railroad merger draws fiery comments on Day 1 of federal hearingSupporters and opponents of a merger between the Canadian Pacific and Kansas City Southern freight railroads laid out vastly diverging scenarios if the union is approved at a federal hearing Wednesday.
Education | Districts 211, 214, 220 take lead in state's new college, career preparation programNew data shows high school students from three Northwest suburban school districts were at the forefront of a fledgling Illinois program aimed at preparing clear college and career pathways.
- 6:21 AMIraq summons Iranian ambassador after drone bombing campaign
- 6:20 AM3 Russian cosmonauts return safely from Intl Space Station
- 6:19 AMPeople trapped, 2.5M without power as Ian drenches Florida
- 6:00 AM3 Russian cosmonauts return safely from mission to International Space Station
- 5:54 AM3 million children may miss a semester in flood-hit Pakistan
More Suburban News Find your community
- CrimeHighland Park to relocate temporary memorial to Independence Day shooting victims
- DuPage CountyCronin's final budget plan avoids property tax increase in DuPage
- WaucondaCrystal Lake man who stole $1 million from Wauconda employer sentenced
- NewsItasca firefighter with terminal cancer taken home to Crystal Lake in ambulance he staffed
- SchaumburgPassenger injured when SUV crashes into tree in Schaumburg
- Lake CountyWhy Lake County has suspended process to find a public works chief
- BartlettParking affected during Bartlett Oktoberfest at Leiseberg Park
- GurneeGurnee trampoline park renovation to add bowling, arcade and booze
- Pingree GroveSchaumburg woman accused of shooting Pingree Grove home
- Cook CountyIs this Schiller Woods 'Fountain of Youth' magic? At the least, it brings people together
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Dykema, Wheaton Academy go low to win regional
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Batavia peaks at right time, wins regional
- 8:11 PM'She Kills Monsters: Young Adventures Edition' comes to Wheaton North stage Oct. 13-15
- 2:08 PMGet a taste of local history at Cider Fest in McHenry County
- 1:31 PMAurora churches to partner for pet blessing Oct. 2
- 1:19 PMAurora rabbi joins other faith leaders in call for peace and progress
- 1:05 PMSt. Charles church to hold pet blessing Oct. 2
- 10:05 AMCollege of Lake County helps keep the public safe and informed this Cybersecurity Month
- 9:16 AMMaine East Department Chair Earns State Award
- 9:05 AMDistrict 23 plans community events to share details and seek input about Building a Better D23
Inside Daily Herald