Bears | New kicker scores all the points for Bears in 20-12 loss to Giants
The Bears had a chance late, but Velus Jones Jr. fumbled a punt at his own 35.
Business | Like going back in time: Mount Prospect's Central Continental Bakery turns 100After 100 years of serving delicious cakes, cookies and its famed paczkis, Central Continental Bakery in downtown Mount Prospect is preparing for another century of pleasing its loyal customers.
Crime | Police recover 36 shell casings after shooting in Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove police responding to a report of shots fired late Friday near the Town Center shopping center found about three dozen spent shell casings in and around a parking lot and a car with bullet holes in it outside the Bowlero bowling alley. No injuries were reported.
DuPage County | Self-defense or murder? Lombard man makes his case about 2021 fightSpeaking publicly about his case for the first time, Lombard resident Ronald Dunbar insists he was acting in self-defense during a 2021 fight in Elmhurst that left another man dead. Authorities have accused Dunbar of murder.
Business | The Biz Week That Was: Naperville celebrates end of project; museums proposed for Pheasant RunNaperville celebrates end of major construction project. Veterans, sports museums proposed for part of Pheasant Run property. weetness Cookie Company opens in South Elgin.
News | Suburban Skyview: Boardwalk meanders through wetlands in BataviaIn this week's Suburban Skyview column, an aerial look at Lippold Park in Batavia.
White Sox | Report: White Sox manager Tony La Russa to announce retirement MondayManager Tony La Russa, who has been away from the White Sox since Aug. 30 with a heart issue, is reportedly going to announce his retirement on Monday.
Crime | Chicago man held without bond in brutal attack of woman in Naperville hotel roomThis content is no longer available on dailyherald.com
News | Athletic trainer rescues student at Geneva homecoming danceWhen Geneva High School athletic trainer Nicole Collins volunteered to chaperone the school's homecoming dance on Sept. 17, little did she know that she would end up helping a student in a medical emergency.
News | Woman killed after being struck by car in Geneva identifiedA woman who died after being struck by a car in Geneva Wednesday night has been identified.
Crime | Palatine man charged with aggravated DUI after traffic stop in BartlettThis content is no longer available on dailyherald.com
Chicago | Road-rage shooting in Chicago leaves 3-year-old deadIn a shooting the police said was sparked by road rage, a 3-year-old Chicago boy was killed Friday night on the Southwest Side as he sat in the back seat of his mother's sport-utility vehicle. The slain boy, identified as Mateo Zastro, is one of the youngest victims of violence in Chicago this year.
Lake County | Long-sought revival of former industrial area on north side of Mundelein's downtown is underwayDemolition of a home, apartment building and other structures in what is considered a gateway area south of Route 176 in downtown Mundelein, will clear the way for a 139-unit townhouse development called Morris Station.
- 4:54 PMCat. 3 Hurricane Orlene heads for Mexico's Pacific coast
- 4:11 PMBrazil holds historic election with Lula against Bolsonaro
- 4:09 PMMadame Wu, restaurateur to Hollywood's elite, dies at 106
- 4:07 PMAmid crises, rural roots anchor Southern Baptists' president
- 3:32 PMJurassic Quest touring the suburbs this month, stops first in Grayslake
More Suburban News Find your community
- BataviaWoman killed after being struck by car in Geneva identified
- BartlettPalatine man charged with aggravated DUI after traffic stop in Bartlett
- Hoffman EstatesIrish tunes, wolfhounds and birds of prey among Celtic fest highlights
- Bartlett65 kegs of beer should be enough for a successful Oktoberfest
- Des PlainesDes Plaines welcomes asylum-seekers
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Ferguson, Smith both score twice in Lake Zurich's win over Rolling Meadows
- Prep FootballHoffman Estates' Williams enjoying happy homecoming
- Prep FootballSt. Viator rallies for win in Kmet's debut at QB
- Prep SportsCross country: Strong pack leads WW South boys to SCN title
- Prep FootballYork remains perfect on season with victory vs. Glenbard West
- Prep FootballDowners Grove North snaps 14-game skid vs. Hinsdale Central
- Prep FootballCL South rebounds with win over rival
- 8:51 PM'Uncommon Threads' fashion show comes to Glen Ellyn Oct. 16
- 7:20 PMDonation provides CLC students with new equipment and training
- 3:32 PMWaubonsee celebrates LGBTQ+ History Month with special events in October
- 3:19 PMWaubonsee celebrates National Arts and Humanities Month with special events in October
- 12:24 PMWheaton author to join Prairie Path Books' 'Whiskey, Beer, and History' event
- 10:49 AMDes Plaines Community Foundation Donates $30,000 to Local Food Pantries and Charities for the Holidays
- 10:26 AMNicor Gas recognizes Hunger Action Month, commits $450,000 to address food insecurity
- 10:23 AMIllinois American Water Offers Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Grants
Inside Daily Herald