Special Report | 1ST AND LONG: One year down, many years to go before Bears play in Arlington Heights
Bears officials have cautioned there's a long way to go -- perhaps a decade -- before the first snap at a new stadium on the old racecourse grounds. The tentative $197.2 million deal could change the face of the region and a storied NFL franchise for decades to come.
Crime | Highland Park survivors sue gunmaker Smith & Wesson after July 4 parade mass shootingSurvivors of the Highland Park Fourth of July shooting shared their experiences Wednesday afternoon during a news conference announcing lawsuits filed on their behalf against gunmaker Smith & Wesson.
Special Report | Arlington Heights panel endorses idea of Bears sportsbook at Arlington ParkBettors were able to place wagers on horses for nearly a century at Arlington Park. Should the Chicago Bears redevelopment there come to fruition, fans may be able to put down money on football games and a whole host of other sports too.
News | Des Plaines resident joining hurricane relief efforts in FloridaYasmin Clinton of Des Plaines will be heading to Florida this week as a volunteer with the Red Cross aiding in the efforts to succor victims of Hurricane Ian
News | How quick thinking (and flight magic) got reporter home before hurricane hit FloridaA Daily Herald reporter, vacationing at Lido Key off Sarasota, debated the question facing many Floridians as Hurricane Ian approached -- stay or go?
News | Bicyclist suffers 'life-threatening' injuries after Arlington Heights crashA bicyclist sustained life-threatening injuries when she was struck by a careening landscaping truck after it collided with another vehicle earlier today in the intersection at Lake-Cook and Wilke roads in Arlington Heights
News | Downtown Naperville celebrating completion of $4.9 million streetscape projectThe Downtown Naperville Alliance recently celebrated the completion of a major construction project in the heart of the city.
News | People trapped, 2.7M without power as Ian drenches FloridaHurricane Ian destroyed a cross-section of Florida, trapping people in flooded homes, forcing patients from nursing homes and hospitals, cutting off a popular barrier island and obliterating a historic waterfront pier. Nearly 2.7 million people lost power as rain fell and waters rose.
Kane County | Kane County voters will decide who handles and invests the county's moneyKane County voters will decide who handles and invests the county's money for the next four years when they elect a new county treasurer.
Crime | Elmhurst resident tips off police about Virginia bank robbery suspectElmhurst police have arrested a man wanted for bank robbery in Virginia, the Elmhurst Police Department said Wednesday.
Crime | Police, school districts warn of man seeking tours of suburban schoolsSeveral suburban school districts and police departments have issued alerts about a 20-year-old man who is trying to enter schools by asking for tours.
News | Old receipts offer a tab to Buffalo Grove's pastA program presented by Buffalo Grove's Raupp Museum at Vernon Township will explore the museum's collection of receipts to gain insight about life in the suburbs in the early 20th century
- 11:58 AMMembers of extreme Jewish sect escape Mexican shelter
- 11:56 AMUS woman appears via videolink in UK in fatal accident case
- 11:55 AMSpringsteen takes on Temptations, Supremes, Four Tops
- 11:53 AMSound check: Violent Femmes, Dionne Warwick, Kelsea Ballerini and more
- 11:52 AMFamily frantically searched for Iranian woman after arrest
More Suburban News Find your community
- NewsDistrict 303 moving forward with pay increase for substitute teachers
- NewsDistrict 303 school board works to clarify rules for public participation at meetings
- CrimeHighland Park to relocate temporary memorial to Independence Day shooting victims
- DuPage CountyCronin's final budget plan avoids property tax increase in DuPage
- WaucondaCrystal Lake man who stole $1 million from Wauconda employer sentenced
- NewsItasca firefighter with terminal cancer taken home to Crystal Lake in ambulance he staffed
- SchaumburgPassenger injured when SUV crashes into tree in Schaumburg
- Lake CountyWhy Lake County has suspended process to find a public works chief
- BartlettParking affected during Bartlett Oktoberfest at Leiseberg Park
- GurneeGurnee trampoline park renovation to add bowling, arcade and booze
- Pingree GroveSchaumburg woman accused of shooting Pingree Grove home
- Cook CountyIs this Schiller Woods 'Fountain of Youth' magic? At the least, it brings people together
- 10:46 AMNiche: Woodlands Academy gets another A+ for educating girls
- 9:15 AMIBJI CARES Foundation Seeks 2023 Charity Partner
- 9:13 AMHindu community gears up to celebrate 'Diwali' by donating food to less fortunate
- 9:09 AMGrainger Named One Of The Fortune Best Workplaces for Women in 2022
- 8:11 PM'She Kills Monsters: Young Adventures Edition' comes to Wheaton North stage Oct. 13-15
- 2:08 PMGet a taste of local history at Cider Fest in McHenry County
- 1:31 PMAurora churches to partner for pet blessing Oct. 2
- 1:19 PMAurora rabbi joins other faith leaders in call for peace and progress
Inside Daily Herald