Crime | Buffalo Grove police release remaining records on Kisliak slayings, confirm initial findings
Buffalo Grove police have formally closed their investigation into the slayings of a mother and her two young daughters found dead in their home Nov. 30, affirming their initial findings that the girls' father killed all three before taking his own life.
Education | 'A team award': Glen Ellyn administrator honored as best middle school principal in the stateSteve Diveley, principal of Hadley Junior High School in Glen Ellyn, has been named Illinois Middle School Principal of the Year by the Illinois Principals Association.
Columns | How a Wheaton officer reunited boy with a treasured autographed baseballWheaton Property Control Officer Brian Lipowski knows his baseball. So, when he found a Nolan Ryan-autographed ball during an audit of items in police custody, he knew someone would be missing it. Here's what he did reunite the ball with its owner.
Music | Her next big stage: Algonquin woman auditions for 'American Idol'Tune in Sunday to watch Algonquin's Caroline Baran, also known as Kaeyra, audition on "American Idol."
White Sox | Cease to start White Sox opener vs. AstrosThe White Sox made it official Friday morning: Last year's AL Cy Young runner-up Dylan Cease will start Thursday's season opener vs. the Houston Astros.
News | Protecting potential targets: State gives security grants to suburban synagogues, mosques and women's clinicsNumerous suburban groups are among the 116 recipients of a state grant aimed at helping nonprofit organizations enhance protections against security threats.
Commercial Real Estate | Prospects look good for Prospect Avenue developments, new restaurantsNew restaurants, a tequila bar and the opening of Angelo Caputo's Fresh Market are among the highlights of development projects coming to Mount Prospect.
Politics | House narrowly passes bill allowing all-gender bathroomsThe Illinois House narrowly passed a bill Thursday that would allow businesses, universities and other building owners to designate multi-occupancy all-gender bathrooms if they choose to do so.
News | St. Charles City Council approves construction bid for First Street Plaza expansion projectThe second and final phase of the First Street Plaza expansion project is expected to get underway in the coming weeks after the majority of alderpersons at Monday's St. Charles City Council meeting approved awarding a $4.3 million bid for the project's second phase to Martam Construction.
Politics | Voters to decide whether Round Lake village clerk should be appointed or electedAppointed or elected? After six months without a village clerk and no candidates on the ballot for the vacant post, Round Lake voters will be asked their preference on April 4.
Lake County | McHenry man who caused fatal 1999 crash gets 30 months for second DUIA McHenry man convicted in 1999 of killing a 32-year-old man while driving drunk in Lake County was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison and six months probation for driving under the influence in 2021 in Spring Grove.
Movies | C2E2 returns: How Chicago's comic con is evolving along with today's fansYes, Marvel and "Mandalorian" fans will be pleased. But so will K-pop stans, anime lovers and Gen Y nostalgics when the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo returns March 31-April 2 to McCormick Place.
- 4:17 PMMichael Warick: 2023 candidate for Campton Hills Village Board
- 4:17 PMRob Klinkey: 2023 candidate for Campton Hills Village Board
- 4:14 PMSusan George: 2023 candidate for Campton Hills Village Board
- 2:46 PMNicolas Boatner: 2023 candidate for Campton Hills Village Board
- 2:41 PMJanet Burson: 2023 candidate for Campton Hills Village Board
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- BataviaDon't load up on stickers, Batavia tells residents, as garbage pickup may change to a flat monthly fee
- CaryCary hires permanent village administrator
- Elgin'A showpiece property': Elgin company purchases 100-year-old Sisco manufacturing building
- Lake Villa$2M bond set for Lake Villa man accused of sex, domestic violence crimes
- AuroraAurora teens accused of leading Villa Park police on a high-speed chase
- Des PlainesCould an Algonquin Road bridge improve traffic flow in Des Plaines?
- NapervilleHow Naperville will create, enhance habitats for the bees and the butterflies
- NapervilleCarbondale man charged with breaking into Naperville home
- Kane CountyFormal GOP opposition to $2M Kane County grant arises
- Des PlainesDes Plaines resident falls victim to crypto scammer
- ElginElgin Coin Club to host spring show Sunday
- ElginHome Creative Co. puts on musical in Elgin
- 10:07 AMA community-based women's organization is assisting a Hoffman Estates church in its efforts to clothe the needy.
- 10:06 AMOrthodontic Experts, a multi-location orthodontic clinic, strives to be an inclusive, affordable, and engaging orthodontic practice.
- 10:06 AM"He ran with it and was successful because he was having fun. I don't think he will ever forget the states of matter."
- 9:09 AMNorthwest Community Healthcare (NCH) Medical Group is pleased to welcome Ammara Aziz, M.D. She has already begun seeing patients at 5999 New Wilke Road in Rolling Meadows and 1051 W. Rand Road in Arlington Heights.
- 5:19 PMBen & Jerry's Naperville celebrates Free Cone Day and supports local firefighters
- 5:16 PMBethany Covenant, the 'Donut Church,' opens Easter at Dimples Donuts in St. Charles
- 5:09 PMHampshire High student receives Golden Hammer Scholarship
- 5:05 PMMental health first aid course to be offered at St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church
Inside Daily Herald