News | COVID-19 hospitalizations up nearly 87% from one month ago, back over 1,000
COVID-19 hospitalizations are up 16.6% from last week in Illinois, with the highest number of COVID-19 patients in ICU beds since March 9.
News | 'Daunting' fire causes extensive damage to Elgin homeA home on the 1100 block of Bellevue Avenue in Elgin suffered "substantial" damage after a Friday morning fire that started in the basement. The residents were home at the time but were able to get out unhurt.
DuPage County | Tension mounts: DuPage clerk declines to meet county board over lost paperwork, lost pot revenueDuPage County Clerk Jean Kaczmarek has declined an invitation to meet with county board members Tuesday to answer their questions about how state revenue officials never received paperwork from her office authorizing a tax on recreational marijuana sales. That tax went uncollected for 18 months, costing the county up to $4 million in estimated revenue loss.
Entertainment | Sweet sounds, sweet tastes: Long Grove Chocolate Festival is backFriday kicked off the popular three-day Long Grove Chocolate Festival, which returned for the first time in three years following a pandemic hiatus.
News | New Scorched Earth owner says local breweries' appeal now includes familiesScorched Earth Brewing is ready for summer. During the pandemic, Scorched Earth Brewing nearly doubled its space for customers by installing a large outdoor patio, and new owner Greg Doyen said the Algonquin-based taproom plans to put it to good use as the summer weather hits McHenry County.
Crime | Arlington Heights police identify suspect in theft of 10 vehicles from dealershipArlington Heights police have identified a suspect in the theft of as many as 10 high-end vehicles from a dealership on Dundee Road last weekend.
Crime | Peterson's former lawyer appeals gag orderA former attorney for Drew Peterson is appealing a judge's gag order that was imposed on him after he spoke with WGN-TV about possibly revealing what happened to Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, who's been missing since 2007.
News | Bibibop Asian Grill coming to Vernon HillsA familiar building on the perimeter of Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills will be getting a makeover for a restaurant new to the village's considerable roster of eateries.
Crime | Chicago teen accused of using brick to steal backpack near Libertyville Metra stationA Chicago teen has been accused of striking a boy with a brick and stealing his backpack earlier this week by the Libertyville Metra station. Kendale Brown is in Lake County jail.
DuPage County | DuPage task force hands out $110,000 for substance-abuse prevention, treatment programsBrain wave program, sober-living aid programs among those getting money Friday for fighting substance abuse in DuPage County.
Politics | Newman tries to lay claim to abortion rights mantle in 6th, but Casten has groups' backingAbortion rights has become a front-and-center issue in the Democratic primary race for Illinois' 6th Congressional District seat.
News | That's Amore Pizza in Crystal Lake pizzeria closed following oven fireA fire that started in a pizza oven in a downtown Crystal Lake restaurant spread into the oven's ductwork and eventually the roof of the business, leading to its temporary closure, fire officials said.
- 9:55 PMRare northern Michigan tornado kills 1, injures more than 40
- 9:10 PMImages: Hoffman Estates, Glenbard South and Lisle graduation ceremonies
- 8:58 PMFinal-hour rally yanks Wall Street from maw of bear market
- 8:48 PMImages: IHSA class 2A and 3A girls state track preliminaries
- 8:31 PMBoeing docks crew capsule to space station in test do-over
More Suburban News Find your community
- AddisonAddison Trail student charged with threatening school
- Des PlainesDes Plaines city manager gets 3% pay raise
- NapervilleNaperville Central students urge school board to shift to electric buses
- South BarringtonSouth Barrington man held on $250K bail in child porn case
- BartlettDriver cited after rollover crash in Bartlett damages utilty pole, starts fire
- GurneeWarren District 121 community rallies for newest property tax increase request
- Des PlainesMotorist arrested after Des Plaines traffic stop yields bag of pot
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Fremd edges Warren on PKs for regional crown
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: St. Viator's Scales stars at state prelims
- Prep SportsBaseball: Mac's walk-off hit gives Buffalo Grove MSL title over Barrington
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Freshmen lead WW South to regional title over Geneva
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: St. Charles North survives scare from Bartlett
- 1:25 PMSeniors can celebrate health and fitness day in Arlington Heights
- 12:28 PMLake County Bar Association offers free virtual legal clinic
- 12:23 PMSign up for Lombard's Flat Apple Fitness this summer
- 11:54 AMHines VA to hold women veteran virtual town hall May 24
- 11:30 AMElgin's Gifford Park Association gives $5,000 donation for Firefighters Memorial Plaza
- 11:05 AMCitadel Theatre Education Program is Sure to Inspire
- 11:05 AMQuick, easy, convenient classes this summer at CLC
- 11:05 AMChicago Premier League Opens season with a spectacular Ceremony Concludes Draft for 2022 Season
Hersey, Buffalo Grove, Rolling Meadows, Elk Grove, Prospect, Wheeling and West Chicago graduation ceremonies
Inside Daily Herald