Business | Regal Lincolnshire theater closing; last day for movie showings Thursday
The Regal Lincolnshire theater is closing and Thursday is the last day for movie showings, an employee confirmed.
Crime | Smash-and-grab robbers take thousands of dollars of jewelry from Arlington Heights storeThree thieves stole thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from a downtown Arlington Heights jewelry store Wednesday, police said Thursday.
News | Housing, retail, recreation, conservation options on the table for three sites in ElginMore than 100 residents attended Elgin's first public input meeting this week for the North Grove Redevelopment Area. The area is made up of approximately 38 acres of mostly vacant land on three separate sites near the Fox River.
Dining | Bring your appetite as suburban Restaurant Weeks continueWhile Chicago Restaurant Week has garnered a lot of attention over the past week -- it continues through Sunday, Feb. 5 -- other suburbs such as Geneva, Naperville and Wheaton are tempting taste buds with their own Restaurant Weeks happening now.
Columns | Arkush: Decision to trade No. 1 overall pick should be an easy one for Bears GM PolesHub Arkush says it's a no-brainer as to whether the Bears should deal their No. 1 draft pick or not. The Bears list of needs is long and dealing away for as many picks as possible is the smart play.
Commercial Real Estate | 'A huge deal for Wheeling': Rosebud Steakhouse coming to Uptown 500 complexMore than two years after the Uptown 500 apartment complex was built in Wheeling, a restaurant with a legendary name has been announced for its ground-floor commercial space.
Crime | Case against father of Highland Park mass shooting suspect could take months before trialThe case against the father of the Highland Park mass shooting suspect won't go to trial until the lengthy evidence discovery process in his son's case is complete, prosecutors said at a hearing Thursday.
Crime | 'If you see something, call 911': Mount Prospect police meet with residents after pair of shootingsThe gym at Euclid Elementary School was packed Wednesday for a beat meeting hosted by Mount Prospect police to talk about a pair of recent shootings and strategies to combat gang violence in the Boxwood area.
News | Superintendent's pending resignation looms over District 64 board meetingThe board is scheduled to discuss and possibly approve hiring a company to lead the search for Eric Olson's successor.
News | How sweet it is: Crumbl Cookies opening in Glen EllynA Wheaton couple will open the latest location of Crumbl Cookies in Glen Ellyn. The TikTok-friendly store will offer a rotating selection of photogenic cookies that are "made to be shared."
Commercial Real Estate | Northbrook board OKs luxury apartments, retail space for Grainger siteThe Northbrook Village Board unanimously voted to approve a development proposal for the long-vacant Grainger site.
News | Let's talk about Bruno: Highland Park skater plays iconic 'Encanto' character for Disney On IceEddy Zeidler's fate, his career with Disney On Ice and his lifelong passion were sealed early, on skates in Highland Park.
News | Lake Zurich 'got it done': Effort to replace trees killed by ash borer to finish earlyThe final stage of a 12-year plan to remove and replace around 3,300 dead or dying ash trees felled by the invasive emerald ash borer throughout the village of Lake Zurich will be completed ahead of schedule this spring, village leaders said.
- 2:14 PMSevan celebrates opening of Houston office
- 1:56 PMNational Weather Service recognizes Illinois Tollway as 'StormReady'
- 1:47 PMGreenState banking program gains steam
- 12:59 PMPalestinians: Israeli troops kill 10 in West Bank violence
- 12:59 PMRussian attacks on Ukraine reported; at least 11 dead
More Suburban News Find your community
- NapervilleChicago man charged after Naperville police track down stolen car
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows city manager gets 6% bonus one year into new job
- AuroraI-88 traffic stop leads to gun, drug charges
- NewsGeneva District 304 superintendent finalists share history, vision for leadership
- LibertyvillePakosta sworn in as Libertyville fire chief
- McHenry CountyRepublican Party of McHenry County wants board to make county a gun sanctuary
- PoliticsSeven District 211 candidates to attend public forum Saturday
- PoliticsWhy Wheeling Township 708 board appointments are drawing mixed reviews
- Girls' BasketballCarmel cruises to win on senior night
- Boys' BasketballNaperville Central snaps 9-game skid with win at St. Charles East
- Boys' BasketballCook County boys basketball notes: Prospect's pilot program helps with mental toughness
- Girls' BasketballSt. Viator's rally falls short
- 2:49 PMParents invited to visit District 54 open enrollment schools
- 1:44 PMNorthern Illinois Food Bank launches innovative food finder map to help connect neighbors with food pantries and programs
- 12:36 PMAddison leaders report on issues and field questions at the 16th Shape of Addison
- 12:45 AMThe Land Conservancy of McHenry County hosts nature photo contest for amateur photographers
- 6:00 PMYork Drama to present classic and contemporary takes on the seminal drama '12 Angry Men'
- 4:54 PMTickets available for Glen Ellyn Food Pantry "Celebration of Tables" fundraiser
- 3:44 PMSchaumburg Library to host visit with bestselling author William Kent Krueger
- 3:30 PMHarper College to host first Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration
Inside Daily Herald