News | Booster shots outpacing demand for initial round of COVID-19 vaccines in Illinois
After federal regulators approved booster shots for many of those who received Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines, several pharmacy chains began offering appointments. This as more people in Illinois already are getting COVID-19 booster shots each day than are receiving their first or second doses of the vaccine.
News | Illinois COVID-19 hospitalizations drop below 1,300 patientsIllinois hospitals are reporting fewer than 1,300 COVID-19 patients for the first time since Aug.7, according to Illinois Department of Public Health records.
College Sports | Nine is enough! Illinois stuns No. 7 Penn State in NCAA's 1st 9OT gameCasey Washington caught a 2-point conversion pass from Brandon Peters to end the first nine-overtime game in NCAA history and lift Illinois over No. 7 Penn State 20-18 Saturday.
News | So, who can get which booster shots now? Here's a quick guideThe Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines all have federal approval as booster shots now. But who is really eligible for which booster shots? Here's a quick guide based on CDC guidelines.
News | District 304 teacher resigns after profane TikTok video goes viralThe Geneva High School French teacher at the center of a TikTok video controversy submitted her resignation to the district, according to a document for a board meeting.
Blackhawks | Another Blackhawks headache: Kane, Carpenter, Gustafsson placed in COVID protocolThe Chicago Blackhawks had to place Patrick Kane, Ryan Carpenter and Erik Gustafsson into COVID protocol Saturday. It is a "day to day" situation, according to coach Jeremy Colliton.
News | 3 dogs dead, 2 rescued in Villa Park area house fireA fire on Friday night rendered a home near Villa Park uninhabitable and resulted in the deaths of three dogs, according to a news release from the village.
Lake County | Wisconsin man charged with interfering in DUI investigation, then attacking officers in jailWhen Lake County police pulled over a Kenosha man's sister for a suspected DUI, he interfered with their investigation, resisted arrest, then later attacked officers in jail, police said.
Prep Football | Here's how to watch the IHSA football pairings show on TVThe road to the IHSA Football Playoffs is always a test of stamina over the course of the nine-week regular-season, but high school football fans in Illinois have never endured a wait like this. On Saturday the IHSA Playoff Pairing Television Show will reveal the 2021 football playoff field during a live telecast on the IHSA TV Network that will air statewide from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Columns | Facts Matter: FBI was not directed to spy on school parentsThe feds weren't directed to spy on parents at school board meetings, a mask study was misrepresented, and an image of Jeff Bezos with William Shatner was altered by someone who sought to show "space is fake," Bob Oswald says in his Facts Matter column.
Columns | Grammar Moses: Of double letters and double meaningsJim discusses examples of too many double letters and too few -- including in communications from Charmin. Plus, what's a contronym and ""vexatious"?
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Brady vs. Fields, OK -- but there's also a young Buccaneer to watchJim O'Donnell: Iowa's Tristan Wirfs still clearing the way for Tampa Bay's Tom Brady.
- 4:15 PMHurrican Rick gains force off Mexico's Pacific coast
- 3:44 PMObama sharply criticizes Youngkin in Va. governor's race
- 3:25 PMFilm crew voiced complaints before fatal on-set shooting
- 2:34 PMPolice investigating armed robbery at gas station near Grayslake
- 1:13 PMWorkers find human remains at suburban Chicago preserve
More Suburban News Find your community
- LibertyvilleWill Libertyille Sports Complex's indoor season lead to Canadian operator's long-term presence?
- ElginElgin task force to study idea of police review board made up of residents
- AuroraShooting reported in Aurora
- LombardChicago man out on bail for violence charge is accused of shooting at a Lombard police officer
- Glen EllynLynn LaPlante to run again for top seat on DuPage County Board
- Prep FootballBarrington tops Fremd for 5th win
- Prep FootballPalatine rolls past Hoffman to share MSL West crown
- Prep FootballGeneva holds off Lake Park to become playoff eligible
- Prep FootballCary-Grove completes perfect regular season
- Prep FootballRolling Meadows upsets Prospect, becomes playoff eligible
- Prep FootballDodd announces arrival with big game in Naperville Central win
- Prep SportsOswego East takes regional final from Metea Valley
- 12:28 AMMidwestern University student earns Golden Stethoscope Award for research
- 11:50 PMVIA expands manufacturing workforce initiatives with GCAMP Acquisition
- 11:42 PMDuPage Mobile Vaccination Care Van to stop at Villa Park church Oct. 24
- 11:23 PMGlenbard West student earns perfect score on ACT
- 12:34 PMAurora library, AAUW to host panel on Critical Race Theory Oct. 27
- 12:21 PMWell Child Center hosts virtual fundraiser to support pediatric dental clinic
- 11:55 AMCollege of DuPage's human services program adopts open educational resources to lower textbook costs for students
- 11:08 AMLake in the Hills to join National Lights On Afterschool celebration Oct. 28
Inside Daily Herald