Business | Fuddruckers closes longtime Schaumburg location
Fuddruckers closed its Schaumburg restaurant of more than three decades Wednesday night.
News | Arlington Heights veteran, 99, awarded French Legion of HonourThe awards continued for James P. Ostler some 75 years after he returned home from World War II. The 99-year-old Arlington Heights man who has already received the American Distinguished Flying Cross and the British Distinguished Flying Cross, was honored again Thursday, this time with the French Legion of Honour.
News | How Naperville District 203 aims to 'be better' after student charged with hate crimeA school district where a student is facing hate crimes charges also is experiencing an uptick in use of racial slurs, officials said Thursday.
White Sox | Chicago White Sox sign Yasmani Grandal to 4-year, $73M contractWasting little time making a big splash in free agency, the Chicago White Sox Thursday signed all-star catcher Yasmani Grandal to a four-year, $73 million contract.
Entertainment | 'A dialogue with nature': How 'Illumination' designer dreams up the Morton Arboretum exhibitIn designing one of the suburbs' largest holiday light exhibits each year, John Featherstone becomes a director of sorts for an interactive theatrical production set among the sprawling forestry of the Morton Arboretum.
Crime | Chicago police: Des Plaines cop likely shot 15-year-old during pursuit of robberChicago police said Wednesday the 15-year-old music school intern wounded Tuesday night after their gunbattle with a bank robbery suspect was likely shot by a Des Plaines police officer.
News | Elgin water, sewer bill increase will average $32 a yearThe average Elgin resident can expect to pay $2.85 more each month, or $32.40 annually, for water and sewer next year, though city officials said the increase was lower than anticipated.
Politics | Aide says ambassador on 'political errand' for TrumpIn riveting testimony, a former national security official testified Thursday that a U.S. ambassador clearly carried out a "domestic political errand" for Donald Trump on Ukraine, undercutting a main line of the president's defense in the impeachment inquiry.
Education | Grayslake District 46 board approves raises for teachers, support staffWeeks after a labor strike shut down Grayslake Elementary School District 46 for one day, the school board has approved pay raises for teachers and support personnel.
Transportation | Glen Ellyn to celebrate $14.4M grant for Metra station projectGlen Ellyn officials and lawmakers will gather Monday to celebrate a $14.4 million infusion of federal funds into plans to build a new Metra station and a pedestrian tunnel downtown.
News | Six Flags Great America's winter season begins SaturdayFor the second year, Six Flags Great America is swapping out the horror and gore of Fright Fest for the twinkling lights of Holiday in the Park, a special winter season that kicks off Saturday and runs select dates through the end of the year.
News | Why Lake Barrington needs a new local sales tax and is boosting property taxesLake Barrington will use a new local sales tax and a property tax increase in an effort to ensure revenue keeps outpacing expenses, officials said.
- 9:22 PMMonsanto pleads guilty to illegal pesticide use in Hawaii
- 9:15 PMFederal prosecutors weighing new charges against Trump donor
- 9:01 PMPope turns attention to needs of Thai church, young people
- 8:48 PMBoard now accepting applications for police superintendent
- 8:47 PMSnow-like hail in Phoenix-area desert caps days of storms
More Suburban News Find your community
- LombardCause of Lombard apartment fire under investigation
- HainesvillePolice: Drunken driver hits stopped Round Lake Park cop car, other vehicle
- Mount ProspectIndictment announced in Mount Prospect crash that killed landscaper
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect Catholic School celebrates Blue Ribbon win
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect trustees OK 2% property tax levy increase
- Oak BrookTrue Food Kitchen opens in Oak Brook
- AntiochInterim superintendent in Antioch District 34 expected in weeks
- SchaumburgNew Schaumburg library trustee sworn in
- Prep FootballScouting Mt. Carmel at Willowbrook in the Class 7A semifinals
- Round Lake ParkMarijuana sales approved for Round Lake Park
- Girls' BasketballCary-Grove downs Rolling Meadows
- Girls' BasketballElk Grove comes back to beat Vernon Hills
- 8:39 PMAurora small businesses offered free ads on new kiosks
- 7:06 PMCollect keepsake ornaments as part of Batavia's Shop Local campaign Nov. 30
- 6:01 PMHoliday Craft and Vendor Event returns Nov. 30 in Crystal Lake
- 1:07 PMMRW Board Announces 'Jammin' in Our Genes' event Dec. 7th to Benefit Free Mammogram Program
- 11:11 AMRegister for Free Youth Robotics Competition at CLC
- 11:11 AMWauconda High School teachers flip burgers instead of pages!
- 10:16 AMGet in the holiday spirit with Arlington Heights tree-lighting
- 8:01 AMScholarship Assistance Fund hosts annual golf outing to raise money for scholarships
Inside Daily Herald