News | Study shows long-haul COVID-19 patients average 15 months with symptoms
A study conducted by researchers at the Northwestern Medicine Neuro COVID-19 Clinic shows long-haul COVID-19 patients experience symptoms for an average of 15 months.
Columns | Constable: VFW honors dead, but Mount Prospect post's focus is on serving living veteransThe percentage of Americans who served in the military has been falling. But the VFW Post in Mount Prospect is doing well, in part by helping the veterans get the services they have earned.
News | Crowd gathers in Geneva Saturday to rally against gun violenceA crowd gathered on the lawn of the Kane County Courthouse in Geneva on Saturday afternoon, demanding that lawmakers both at the state and federal level do more to stop gun violence in the U.S.
News | Fundraiser planned for former Elgin family who lost daughter in Uvalde school shootingA Roselle man is organizing a fundraiser for the family whose daughter was killed in the Uvalde school shooting.
Crime | $150,000 bail for Hanover Park man accused of trying to meet teen girl for sexA Hanover Park father of three children who is accused of attempting to set up a sexual encounter with a teenage girl is being held on $150,000 bond at the Cook County jail.
Entertainment | Whoosh! Slide into summer at 8 suburban water parksTime to grab the sunscreen, a swimsuit and beach towels as plenty of suburban, family-friendly waterparks are fully re-opening this weekend and next. Here are eight options for where to spend some time cooling off this summer.
News | Suburban Skyview: RiverEdge Park Pedestrian Bridge sets tone in Aurora's historic downtownIn this week's Suburban Skyview column,Aurora's RiverEdge Park Pedestrian Bridge becomes a landmark for the city of lights.
Crime | Naperville police search for convenience store armed robberNaperville police are searching for an armed robber who threatened a convenience store worker early Saturday morning near downtown and stole cigarettes and cash.
Columns | Facts Matter: Fake news quickly follows latest gun tragedyIn this week's Facts Matter column, Bob Oswald examines claims about the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, soldier deaths during the Trump administration, the source of a monkey pox outbreak and more.
Illinois | COVID-19 update: Most suburbs at high risk, hospitalizations still climbingBecause of elevated COVID-19 case counts and increased hospitalizations over the past week, most suburbs are now at high risk for community transmission.
Lake County | Ultimate home for captured 'Tyson the Bison' still in the worksThe bison recently captured at a Lake County Forest Preserve is part of a potential ownership dispute but "will not end up in the freezer," said the professional livestock specialist who captured it.
Crime | Naperville man charged in Aurora drug deathA Naperville man is accused of dealing the ketamine that caused an Aurora man's death in 2020. Samuel Nesnidal, 25, of the 2300 block of Putnam Drive, was arrested without incident Thursday in Yorkville, according to a news release Friday from the Aurora Police Department. He's charged with one count of drug-induced homicide.
- 8:19 PMFirst tropical storm forms off Mexico's Pacific coast
- 7:38 PMImages: Streamwood, South Elgin, Elgin, Bartlett and Larkin graduation ceremonies
- 7:16 PMCritical fire condition warnings issued across US Southwest
- 6:33 PMLandslides and floods kill at least 31 in northeast Brazil
- 6:31 PMUvalde a mix of pride and anger as it grieves school attack
More Suburban News Find your community
- Round Lake BeachCyclist in serious condition after hit by vehicle in Round Lake Beach
- WaucondaWauconda-area farmhouse fire could be case of arson
- Elk Grove VillageLand deal to pave way for largest data center in Elk Grove Village
- Carol StreamGlenbard North student charged with disorderly conduct over drawings seen as threats
- Mundelein1980s-era Oak Creek Plaza center in Mundelein being cleared for townhouse development
- NapervilleThree-year financial plan filled with uncertainty for Naperville Park District
- Fox LakeFox Lake man dies from motorcycle crash injuries
- South ElginWeekly summer concert series to start Wednesday in South Elgin
- LibertyvilleRally to end gun violence set for Sunday at Cook Park
- NapervilleNaperville police search for convenience store armed robber
- Prep SportsFremd's Stewart has to adjust his goals after qualifying in 2 finals races at state track
- Prep SportsBarrington shakes off stubborn Larkin for 20th-straight regional softball crown
- 6:20 AMCommunities come together for grand Relay For Life in Roselle
- 10:02 PMCream of Wheaton marks 40 years with live music, carnival, crafts and more June 2-5
- 6:45 PMRoselle Lions' Rose Festival marks 60 years of music and fun
- 4:33 PMMaine East and South students finish strong at state science fair
- 4:30 PMJoin JOURNEYS | The Road Home for annual Superhero 5K Run/Walk
- 4:04 PMHelp give abused children a voice in court with CASA
- 11:34 AMBecome an artist at CLC's Waukegan campus
- 11:34 AMRep. Bos' Office Helps Constituents Recover $3 Million from State
Inside Daily Herald