Business | Microsoft inks $52.2 million deal for land in Elk Grove Technology Park
One of the biggest names in technology is one of two firms that plans to open data centers in the Elk Grove Technology Park, village officials and documents confirmed Wednesday.
News | Esposito named acting mayor of Oakbrook TerraceAn Oakbrook Terrace alderman has been picked to finish the term of former Mayor Tony Ragucci, who resigned Friday, just weeks after news surfaced that federal agents had seized $60,000 in cash from his home last year.
Transportation | O'Hare on Friday will begin screening some passengers for coronavirusOfficials began distributing information at O'Hare International Airport Wednesday and will start health screenings Friday for passengers arriving from the Wuhan region of China, the site of an outbreak of a deadly coronavirus virus that causes pneumonia.
Politics | GOP candidates outline platforms in first 14th District debateSeven Republicans looking to unseat Democrat Lauren Underwood in the 14th Congressional District used their first public debate Wednesday night to lay out their top priorities. The ideas ranged from social issues to political ideals and provided a contrast for GOP voters eyeing the March primary.
News | Arlington Park officials deny track is for saleArlington International Racecourse officials on Tuesday denied the Arlington Heights racetrack is for sale or that any offers have been made to purchase it.
NFL | Garoppolo video provides surprise pep talk to Rolling Meadows youth football playersWith a lot of effort, the Rolling Meadows youth football and cheerleading program - the Mustangs - sprang back to life last fall after several years of dormancy. A congratulatory video from Super Bowl-bound quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo was the icing on the cake.
News | Officials mum as probe about Bloomingdale Twp. highway commissioner continuesA federal and local investigation into the actions of Bloomingdale Township Highway Commissioner Robert Czernek is continuing, but authorities remain tight-lipped about the details.
News | More snow expected tonight through Saturday morningFour to six inches of snow is expected in the Chicago area starting tonight until Saturday morning.
Education | District 7 defends decision in teacher maternity leave caseThe Illinois Supreme Court heard arguments Wednesday in the case of a teacher who says she should have been allowed to use sick time after the birth of her daughter
Lake County | Marni Yang's defense team looking into Shaun Gayle's alibiAn investigator hired by the defense team for Marni Yang, who is serving two life sentences for the 2007 slaying of the pregnant girlfriend of former Chicago Bear Shaun Gayle, said Wednesday he was looking into Gayle's alibi.
News | Elgin councilman violated ethics ordinance, according to city legal reviewAn Elgin councilman violated the city's ethics ordinance when he used his city iPhone and city email to respond to a resident who asked about recommendations in last year's election, while another council member was cleared of a conflict of interest complaint, according to a city legal review.
Crime | 2 women plead not guilty in death of baby at Round Lake day careThe owner of an at-home day care in Round Lake and an employee pleaded not guilty to charges related to the death of a 3-month-old baby in August.
- 10:25 PMPolice: 8 people shot, 1 dead in downtown Seattle
- 10:17 PMS. Carolina elected official now backing Sanders over Biden
- 9:33 PMAmtrak ends policy resulting in $25,000 bill for activists
- 9:26 PMThe Seattle Fire Department says six people were shot downtown Wednesday night, and one of those people has died.
- 8:43 PMEx-Grammys CEO says rape allegation 'false and outrageous'
More Suburban News Find your community
- SchaumburgUmbrella Teahouse coming to Schaumburg's Town Square
- DuPage CountySuspect's cellphone was used to search for info on Hinsdale woman's murder, detective says
- EducationDist. 220 making second attempt to sell former headquarters
- Naperville60 speakers line up for 'puppy mill' debate at Naperville meeting
- LibertyvilleLibertyville attorney chosen as new Lake County judge
- AlgonquinAlgonquin woman killed in Lake Barrington crash
- BarringtonBarrington High principal getting ready to show off dance moves
- St. Charles21 apartments proposed for First Street project in downtown St. Charles
- LisleCelebrate Husky Heroes at annual Morton Arboretum event
- AntiochAntioch District 34 finds next superintendent in town
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove board clears the way for upcoming roadwork
- AuroraWarrant: Man who died after crash was shot during drug deal gone bad
- 8:44 PMBring a little cheer with a singing valentine by Chorus of DuPage quartets
- 7:47 PMNaperville District 203 to offer kindergarden previews
- 7:14 PMCollege of DuPage to offer free dental care for children next month
- 7:00 PMOne-woman show on the life of Bessie Coleman to kick off ECC's Black History Month Feb. 7
- 10:55 AMD128 Foundation for Learning Hosts its First 1-28 Day of Giving
- 10:55 AMThe Center for Enriched Living Receives $100,000 from Chicago Bears
- 7:35 AMBuffalo Grove Rotary Seeks Foreign Exchange Student Applicants, Host Families
- 9:28 PMElgin's First Congregational Church to ask what it means to 'Fish For People' Jan. 26
Inside Daily Herald