News | COVID-19 update: 47,592 more shots, 12 more deaths, 1,691 new cases
Illinois Department of Public Health records show 47,592 more doses of COVID-19 vaccine were administered over the past 24 hours, the most in a single day since late June.
Illinois | As DuPage, McHenry reach 'substantial' risk level, mask alert called 'inevitable' in suburbsMedical experts say it's only a matter of time before suburban COVID-19 transmission rises to the level at which face coverings are advised in all public indoor locations, as DuPage and McHenry counties joined Will County Wednesday with enough disease spread to trigger the universal indoor mask-wearing advice set by the CDC.
Business | 'It's delicious': Rainbow Cone truck sets up outside Wheeling's Superdawg Drive-InA truck from Chicago-based Rainbow Cone will serve ice cream in the parking lot of Wheeling's Superdawg Drive-In through Sunday.
News | Geneva psychologist on Simone Biles: 'This is a moment that could have a great impact'Geneva-based clinical and performance psychologist Peter Temple believes the Simone Biles conversation could have a big impact on mental health treatment, especially with young athletes.
Business | New Lombard public art mural pops up at Yorktown CenterArtists Veronica Martinez of Chicago and Edgar Sosa of Cicero are putting the finishing touches on a new mural at Yorktown Center in Lombard. It is titled "Flourish," and is expected to be completed on Friday, July 30.
News | Storm damage causing Route 25 lane closures in East DundeeStorm damage early Thursday morning is causing lane closures along portions of Route 25 in East Dundee.
White Sox | White Sox land Hernandez in trade with Indians, fill hole at second baseThe White Sox acquired second baseman Cesar Hernandez in a trade with the Indians Thursday, sending Class AA Birmingham starter Konnor Pilkington to Cleveland.
Kane County | Campton Hills man admits to involuntary manslaughter for beating mother to deathA Campton Hills man who beat his mother to death with a bat, drunkenly mistaking her for an intruder, has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
News | Watch them compete: Thursday's lineup of suburban Olympians on TVHere is the Olympic TV schedule for Thursday for events that feature athletes from the suburbs.
Sports | Glenview's Olivia Smoliga helps relay team to bronze in TokyoThe U.S. women's 4X100 freestyle relay team, which featured Olivia Smoliga of Glenview in the qualifier, took the bronze medal.
News | State advises patients who received mammogram at Hoffman Estates clinic to seek 2nd opinionThe Illinois Emergency Management Agency is urging those who've had a mammogram performed at Hoffman Estates medical imaging clinic since Oct. 17, 2019 to seek a second opinion and consult their doctors,
Business | New grocer in Round Lake Beach has familiar feel for some customersTony's Fresh Market opened its 17th Chicago area location, and first in Lake County, on Wednesday in Round Lake Beach.
- 12:24 PMIsrael to offer 3rd COVID booster shot to older citizens
- 12:16 PMStocks rise following solid economic, earnings reports
- 12:15 PMEmergent: FDA letting troubled COVID vaccine factory restart
- 12:13 PMEx-Cardinal McCarrick charged with sexually assaulting teen
- 12:08 PMIsrael to offer COVID-19 booster shot to people over 60, making it first country to give third dose of Western vaccine
More Suburban News Find your community
- SchaumburgFormer CIA director, Army Gen. Petraeus to headline Judson event
- WheatonDog dies in Wheaton house fire Wednesday night
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove promises TIF funds for new tech park hotel
- St. CharlesDistrict 303 to review new CDC guidance on masks
- ElginFinal effort to save Elgin's DC Cook building fails
- LibertyvillePeterson Road to close in Libertyville starting Monday
- St. CharlesRiver Corridor Foundation taking on Langum Park project in St. Charles
- Round Lake BeachPolice: Round Lake Beach inmate punched correctional officer
- SchaumburgSchaumburg seeking input on its bicycling amenities
- NapervilleChicago man accused of trying to rob delivery driver at a Naperville store
- Des PlainesSchaumburg drops opposite-sex clothing ban
- NapervilleUnderwood plans town-hall meetings in Crystal Lake, Geneva and Oswego
- 9:10 AMIllinois Brass Band to perform in Arlington Heights
- 9:06 AMTownship High School District 214 honors Howard Lester Award winners
- 9:02 AMRegister now for D214 Adult Education and Family Literacy fall session
- 7:41 PMLisle Library District to host Summer Read Wrap-Up Party Aug. 14
- 6:32 PMNaperville's National Night Out returns Aug. 3
- 5:01 PMArchery open house showcases popular sport at Blackwell Aug. 7
- 4:42 PMOrders for Glen Ellyn History Center's annual mum sale begin Aug. 3
- 4:28 PMElgin Area Pandemic Team to host vaccine clinics with Six Flags tickets giveaway
Inside Daily Herald