Business | AMITA Health splitting up health care system, says it needs to be nimble
Six years after merger between AdventHealth and Alexian Brothers, AMITA Health is splitting up. The change allows the hospital organizations to be more nimble, officials say.
News | Arlington Heights panel narrowly recommends shelter care home's move to residential blockAn Arlington Heights advisory panel Wednesday night narrowly endorsed a shelter care home's proposed relocation to a neighborhood of residents who largely oppose the move.
Illinois | COVID-19 update: 1,309 hospitalized, 36 more deaths, 2,146 new casesThe number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized in Illinois is at its lowest point since early August, according to Illinois Department of Public Health records.
News | Northbrook woman gives 'Wheel of Fortune' a spin, donates winnings to MisericordiaLodge of Northbrook resident wins $9,800 on 'Wheel of Fortune' and plans on donating it to Misericordia.
Business | Advocate fires 400+ workers who refused vaccinesAdvocate Aurora Health, the largest hospital system in Illinois and Wisconsin, has fired more than 400 employees who refused to get vaccinated for COVID-19.
DuPage County | African snake found at DuPage County forest preserveA snake native to Africa has been removed from the Herrick Lake Forest Preserve in Wheaton after a visitor found the reptile coiled beneath her car.
DuPage County | Former DuPage judge facing gun-related charges againA former DuPage County judge who once was charged with recklessly shooting a handgun in an apartment is again facing gun-related criminal charges.
News | Hoffman Estates approves changes to site it's selling to Popeyes developerHoffman Estates officials have approved the reconfiguration of a site on Golf Road they're selling to developers of a new Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, but a clear construction time frame awaits the closing of the sale.
News | The last nun? Sister Leticia's retirement at St. Joseph Hospital could end nearly 120-year streakSister Leticia Lapid is retiring from her ministry as a spiritual care chaplain at Amita St. Joseph Hospital in Elgin. The hospital was founded by Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart in 1902. If another nun isn't hired to replace her, it will be the first time in the hospital's history a nun working there.
Dining | Halloween treats on tap at suburban restaurants, barsHalloween is almost here. And suburban eateries are serving up Halloween-inspired desserts and drinks, plus hosting some early kid-centric costume parties starting this weekend.
Crime | Three charged in Carol Stream man's overdose deathA Streamwood man and two brothers from Willowbrook have been charged with drug-induced homicide in the death of a 35-year-old Carol Stream man.
News | Plans for new cocktail bar in downtown St. Charles continue to move forwardA cocktail bar continues to move forward with plans to open in the space that formerly housed 100 Grapes wine tasting room in downtown St. Charles.
- 3:51 PMStocks end mostly higher, enough for S&P 500 to set record
- 3:46 PMJamaican police official says officers have arrested a Colombian man suspected in the assassination of Haiti's president
- 3:37 PMOklahoma GOP leaders upset over nonbinary birth certificate
- 3:36 PMJudge won't bar public from Ghislaine Maxwell jury selection
- 3:30 PM3 lions at Indianapolis Zoo test positive for Delta variant
More Suburban News Find your community
- SchaumburgSchaumburg to avoid raising property tax levy despite unprecedented difficulty
- CaryNew police training facility in Cary approved
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates approves changes to site it's selling to Popeyes developer
- PoliticsCasten has more than $1 million saved for 2022 campaign
- Lake ZurichLake Zurich trustee chides former candidate for legal actions involving village politics
- NapervilleNaperville considering electric, water rate increases
- EducationDistrict 64 board to meet Thursday to discuss $26 million borrowing plan
- LibertyvilleLibertyville hosts final farmers market of 2021 Thursday
- GurneeCirque Italia bringing prison-themed circus show to Gurnee
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: A new wrinkle for Rinkel as IMSA tops St. Francis
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Nowicki, St. Viator use teamwork as spark for success
- Girls' BasketballLibertyville's Fisher likes the fit at Maryland
- 3:25 PMRAM's free medical, dental and vision clinic coming to Elgin Nov. 13-14
- 9:47 AMAntioch Police Chief promotes #9PMRoutine
- 9:31 AMPalatine High's trick-or-treat festival returns Oct. 28
- 9:19 AMBADC invites nominations for 2021 Citizen of the Year
- 9:09 AMMatthew Glavin Named to Board of Governors at Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- 9:02 AMEmpowering Women NFP held their Annual Global 5K Walk/Run to raise awareness
- 8:49 AMD57 to showcase Lions Park expansion with Nov. 4 ribbon cutting, followed by Community Forum addressing social-emotional learning
- 8:44 AMConservation@Home to host program on Illinois Native Pollinators Oct .27
Inside Daily Herald