Crime | Woman kills state police officer in Lisle, wounds 2 more, kills self
A 51-year-old woman shot and killed one retired state police officer and wounded two other troopers before taking her own life Friday night in a Lisle cigar lounge, police said.
News | Chicago woman with coronavirus 'doing well' in isolation at Hoffman Estates hospitalA Chicago woman is the first Illinoisan to contract a dangerous virus that causes pneumonia, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday. The woman, in her 60s, is the second American to be infected with a coronavirus originating in the Wuhan region of China. She's "clinically doing well" in isolation at Amita St. Alexius Medical Center in Hoffman Estates.
Kane County | Conviction overturned, new trial ordered in 2014 Geneva murder caseCiting improper testimony from an FBI profiler, the Illinois Supreme Court on Friday ordered a new trial for Shadwick King, a Geneva man who was convicted of strangling his wife in July 2014, and staging her body on a railroad trial to make it look like she collapsed while jogging.
Crime | Guilty verdict in murder, home invasion in Hinsdale; jury rules it especially brutalA jury has found Dominic Sanders guilty of first-degree murder and home invasion in the slaying of Andrea Urban in 2017, and it called the murder especially brutal or heinous.
Health & Fitness | What can you do in response to coronavirus?The chance of coronavirus spreading through casual contact with an infected person is extremely slim, says Robert Citronberg, infectious diseases director for Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge.
Crime | Man charged with trying to kill Elburn resident via natural gasWaterman man accused of trying to kill Elburn resident with natural gas
Crime | 4 ISP officers died in line of duty in 2019Here's a look at Illinois state troopers who died in the line of duty last year.
Crime | Police: Men armed with handguns rob gas station in NapervilleNaperville police are searching for two men who robbed a gas station at gunpoint early Saturday.
Crime | Round Lake man charged in Chicago sex assault by fake delivery driverA 57-year-old Round Lake man was ordered held without bail Friday for allegedly posing as an Amazon delivery driver and sexually assaulting a woman inside her Albany Park home in December.
Columns | Rozner: After fine offseason, White Sox optimism off the chartsThe White Sox have had a terrific winter, but as GM Rick Hahn points out, no one is certain exactly when the title window will open.
News | One killed in Arlington Heights crash FridayOne person died Friday evening after an SUV making a left turn onto Hintz Road from Arlington Heights Road was struck by a Chevy Cavalier, according to Arlington Heights police.
Business | Why Libertyville is considering lowering price for sports complex propertiesOfficials are considering lowering the proposed purchase price of the driving range and mini-golf portions of the Libertyville Sports Complex to speed development.
- 3:04 PMTrump lawyers argue Democrats just want to overturn election
- 3:01 PM4 dead, tents ablaze after Iraq cleric pulls protest support
- 2:38 PMPete Stark, congressman who reshaped health care, dies at 88
- 2:29 PM2 killed, toddler injured in shooting at Little Rock home
- 2:27 PMIf the $6.5M hat isn't Lincoln's, why not ask for a refund?
More Suburban News Find your community
- West ChicagoPolice: 3 wounded, 2 guns recovered in shooting in West Chicago
- RosemontRosemont police release photos of suspects in $52K outlet mall theft
- SchaumburgSchaumburg taking new approach to preserving historic architecture
- Naperville'Pizza Wars' coming to Naperville
- ElginElgin school seeks $35,000 to build community garden
- Boys' BasketballPalatine topples Fremd for season sweep
- Girls' BasketballQuick start propels Buffalo Grove over Prospect
- Girls' BasketballYork impresses in win over Lake Park
- Boys' BasketballMaine South downs Glenbrook North for sixth straight win
- Boys' BasketballCary-Grove wins 20th in hard-fought battle at Burlington C.
- Girls' BasketballSouth Elgin breaks open close game with Streamwood
- Boys' BasketballCampagna, Kochera lead St. Viator by Marist
- 11:32 PMEighth annual Bridge Bust breaks records; local teams earn prizes in 2020 contest
- 12:53 PMMCC to induct former athletes into Hall of Fame
- 12:21 PMTraveling museum kicks off Oakton's Black History Month
- 12:12 PMMundelein Park District honors Employees of the Year
- 10:23 PMChange a child's story by volunteering with CASA Kane County
- 9:33 PMVote for the 'Best of Bloomingdale'
- 9:24 PMCeltic roots group Runa to perform Valentine's Day concert Feb. 14
- 9:07 PMLocal League of Women Voters presents 'The 2020 Census Counts and So Do You' Feb. 4
Inside Daily Herald