Crime | Temporary worker charged with murder in WeatherTech shooting
A temporary WeatherTech employee was charged with murder Saturday after he shot three co-workers, killing one, following a confronation about robberies, Bolingbrook police said.
News | More than 90% of Illinois' plastic goes to landfills. Here are some solutions.Over 90% of the plastic generated in Illinois is going to landfills instead of being recycled. We can help change that.
Columns | Quicker clicks: Why data centers are a growth industry in the suburbsWhat are data centers, how do they affect our everyday lives, why are so many of them being built in the suburbs and what do they mean for our economy?
Politics | 'We'll keep fighting': Jane members who provided illegal abortions outraged at Roe's fallJane members who risked everything to provide illegal abortions to women in the 1960s and '70s say they are not surprised, but outraged at Supreme Court's overthrow of Roe v. Wade.
Politics | Darren Bailey gets long-sought Trump endorsement in GOP race for governorCalling Darren Bailey "the man to take on and defeat one of the worst governors in America," former President Donald Trump on Saturday endorsed the downstate farmer in the GOP gubernatorial primary race -- a boost in the waning days of what has become a heated and expensive contest.
News | Suburban Skyview: Baseball has been played at Lloyd Meyer Field for generationsIn this week's Suburban Skyview column, Joe Lewnard oversees one of the regular baseball games that have been held at Arlington Heights' Lloyd W. Meyer Field since the 1940s.
Politics | Abortion ruling expected to whip up Illinois' GOP base, help conservative governor hopefulsHow will Roe v. Wade's overthrow impact the primary election in Illinois? Experts think it will fire up the Republican base helping conservative candidates running for governor. But it also means high Democratic turnout with reproductive rights on the line.
Kane County | Body recovered from Fox River could be man missing since FridayA body recovered Sunday morning from the Fox River in Carpentersville may be that of a 21-year-old man missing since Friday, authorities said.
Editorial | A summary of the Daily Herald's endorsements in the June 28 Republican and Democratic primariesA summary of the Daily Herald's endorsements in contested local races for the June 28 Republican and Democratic primaries.
McHenry County | McHenry County Board OKs pay hikes for nonunion workersMcHenry County will increase pay for many of its nonunion employees, which could add $2 million annually to its budget starting in 2023.
News | Apartment complex proposed for site of former Cary senior centerThe village of Cary is working on a development agreement with True North Properties to convert the village-owned site of the former Kraus Senior Center into a multi-building apartment complex.
Columns | Constable: Chef cooks up kitchen-inspired hairnets for dogsOn a hot day, with his dog shedding, a Villa Park chef mused, "I wish they had hairnets for dogs." Now he's selling Doggy Hairnets.
- 12:28 AMEcuador president cuts gasoline price amid Indigenous strike
- 11:11 PMAndrew Giuliani invokes famous dad in bid for NY governor
- 11:01 PMAsian shares rally after Wall Street logs rare winning week
- 11:00 PMToday in History: June 27, Thurgood Marshall retires
- 10:54 PMSenior US officials visit Sri Lanka to help resolve crisis
More Suburban News Find your community
- St. CharlesSt. Charles considering health savings plan for firefighters
- NapervilleNaperville organizations join together to send medical donations to Ukraine
- News$300,000 bond set for a man accused of stealing running car from gas station
- WaukeganPolice: Canine helped discover 2 kilos of cocaine during traffic stop in Waukegan
- GenevaJudge to decide Monday whether to acquit Geneva man of killing wife or continue with trial
- Cook CountyCook County Board District 9 Democratic candidates weigh in on public safety
- AuroraTwo hospitalized with stab wounds after attack in Aurora
- AlgonquinAlgonquin park improvements to include new bandshell, playground
- McHenry CountyTadelman injects $25K loan into McHenry County sheriff's race before primary election
- NapervilleNaperville approves additional outdoor dining permits despite sidewalk space concerns
- SchaumburgNo injuries after SUV crashes into Schaumburg townhouse
- Lake CountyLake County urges residents to 'Fight the Bite'
- 12:50 AMBring the kids to Dairy Day June 25 at Carol Stream's Historic Farmhouse
- 12:29 AMThirty-five ECC student-athletes earn Academic All-Conference honors
- 12:15 AMNAMI DuPage and Tri-Town YMCA join forces to Run For the Mind
- 12:06 AMBuilding an international community: Library volunteer shares his experience with English Language Learning Groups
- 11:58 PMDo you have a few hours to help volunteer at Home of the Sparrow?
- 11:56 PMSherman nurse midwife debunks four myths
- 11:43 PMLucky Lucy's 7 hosts ribbon cutting and grand opening in Fox River Grove
- 11:38 PMCOD dual enrollment expands college courses, degree pathways for high school students
Inside Daily Herald