Columns | Constable: After retiring from school named in her honor, principal took aim at polio
After a career in education that led to a school being named in her honor, retired principal Mary Stitt of Arlington Heights joined Rotary International's global effort to eradicate polio. It took her to several countries and led to an international award.
Prep Football | Here are the pairings for the IHSA state football playoffsThe IHSA state football playoffs were announced Saturday night. Check out all the matchups here.
Bears | 3 and out: Bears demolished by Brady, BucsTom Brady threw 4 touchdown passes in the first half and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers smashed the Chicago Bears, 38-3, on Sunday.
News | Suburban Skyview: Sun sets on football rivalry from 200 feet in the airIn this week's edition of our Suburban Skyview photo column, our drone pilots take a look at the Cross town rivalarly game between Napverville Central and Naperville North as they face off in Benedetti--Wehrli Stadium at North Central College in Naperville.
News | The Week That Was: Fritzl's closes in Lake Zurich, stranger punches Cary boy near bus stopFritzl's European Restaurant & Pub, a German cuisine mainstay for 36 years in Lake Zurich, closes. Amita Health is splitting up its massive network of hospitals and care centers. A stranger punches a 12-year-old boy without provocation near a bus stop. An African snake is removed from a DuPage forest preserve.
News | 62-year-old man struck by car while driving riding mowerA 62-year-old man was critically injured Saturday night when the riding mower he was driving on Route 59 in an unincorporated area near Lake Villa was struck by a car.
News | Kane sheriff investigating threat made against Central High SchoolAdditional Kane County Sheriff's deputies will be on campus at Burlington Central High School Monday after a social media threat of violence at an unidentified Central High School.
News | Remains found at forest preserve identified as Elmhurst man missing for 14 monthsThe DuPage County coroner's office identified remains found Friday in the Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve are of Jacob Cefolia, an Elmhurst man who had been missing for more than a year.
Entertainment | Trick-or-treat hours throughout the suburbsThis year, Halloween falls on a Sunday. Check our list of trick-or-treat hours so you can have the candy ready when your doorbell starts to ring.
Crime | Man fatally shot in Park City on SundayA 27-year-old North Chicago man was fatally shot outside an apartment complex in Park City on Sunday.
Crime | Film crew voiced complaints before fatal on-set shootingHours before actor Alec Baldwin fired a fatal gunshot from a prop gun that he had been told was safe, seven camera crew members for the movie he was filming walked off the job to protest conditions and production issues that included safety concerns.
Columns | Grammar Moses: Of double letters and double meaningsJim discusses examples of too many double letters and too few -- including in communications from Charmin. Plus, what's a contronym and "vexatious"?
- 1:34 AMCrew member: Baldwin careful with guns before fatal shooting
- 1:34 AMToyota testing hydrogen combustion engines in race cars
- 1:26 AMHurricane Rick heads for landfall on Mexico's southern coast
- 1:25 AMProposed mine tests UK climate efforts ahead of UN meeting
- 1:25 AMAustralia invests in $1.6 billion South Pacific telco deal
More Suburban News Find your community
- LibertyvilleWill indoor season at former Libertyville Sports Complex lead Canadian operator to stay?
- Lake in the HillsLake in the Hills to host Lights On Afterschool event
- Prep FootballPlayoff matchups set for eight football teams from Northwest suburbs
- Des PlainesAlgonquin Road closing at rail crossing Oct. 26
- Prep FootballWauconda (9-0) leads 8 Lake County teams into playoffs
- Prep FootballTrio of 9-0 teams leads Fox area postseason contingent
- Prep FootballBreaking down DuPage County first-round state playoff matchups
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Barrington nips Libertyville in regional title game
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Grayslake Central downs Prairie Ridge to move on
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Nava notches another hat trick, leads Elgin to regional title
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Mundelein upsets Warren in regional final
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Stevenson outlasts Buffalo Grove for regional crown
- 11:50 PMVIA expands manufacturing workforce initiatives with GCAMP Acquisition
- 11:42 PMDuPage Mobile Vaccination Care Van to stop at Villa Park church Oct. 24
- 11:23 PMGlenbard West student earns perfect score on ACT
- 12:34 PMAurora library, AAUW to host panel on Critical Race Theory Oct. 27
- 12:21 PMWell Child Center hosts virtual fundraiser to support pediatric dental clinic
- 11:55 AMCollege of DuPage's human services program adopts open educational resources to lower textbook costs for students
- 11:08 AMLake in the Hills to join National Lights On Afterschool celebration Oct. 28
- 10:56 AMFaith Lutheran Church Hosts Winter Clothing Distribution
Inside Daily Herald