News | Ginsburg dies at age 87; McConnell plans replacement vote before election
The Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died of metastatic pancreatic cancer at age 87.
Crime | AJ Freund's father pleads guilty, sentenced to 30 yearsAfter 17 months of denying before a McHenry County judge any involvement in the death of his 5-year-old son AJ Freund, Andrew Freund pleaded guilty to aggravated battery to a child, involuntary manslaughter and concealment of a homicidal death.
News | 21-year-old man dies after two-vehicle crash in WaucondaOne person is dead following a two-vehicle crash in Wauconda early Friday morning.
News | Moni's Soulfood Fiesta brings fusion of flavors to downtown ElginAfter some difficult setbacks, Monique Howery held the grand opening of Moni's Soulfood Fiesta Friday in downtown Elgin.
News | Leaders mourn death of Justice Ruth Bader GinsburgSupreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a trailblazing advocate for gender equality and the second woman to serve on the nation's highest court, died Friday of complications from metastatic pancreatic cancer. Illinois leaders reacted to the news and shared their condolences.
News | Palatine plane crash was blocks from where another occurred in 2007The dramatic emergency landing of a small plane on a Palatine street Thursday night brought back memories of a similar crash only blocks away 13 years ago.
Politics | Curran and Durbin dispute the suburbs, wildfires and who's on the ballotI'm on the ballot, not Trump, Senate candidate Mark Curran told U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin in a free-wheeling exchange that included antifa, wildfires, and the suburbs.
Politics | State lifts COVID-19-related restrictions on Will, Kankakee countiesRestrictions to reduce the spread of COVID-19, including a ban on indoor dining in restaurants and bars, will be lifted in Will and Kankakee counties as of 5 p.m. today, Gov. J.B. Pritzker said.
Cook County | Violent crime prosecution sparks heated debate between Cook County state's attorney candidatesThe prosecution of violent crimes in Cook County sparked a lively debate between Cook County state's attorney candidates Kim Foxx, the Democratic incumbent, and Republican challenger Patrick O'Brien.
Kane County | Election officials: Kane County mail-in ballots, polling places will be safe and secureFace shields, masks, gowns and plenty of disinfectant will be available to Kane County election judges and voters who plan to cast their November ballots in person. There will also be three drop boxes for people who don't trust the mail. And that could be handy as nearly 90,000 voters have requested mail-in ballots.
DuPage County | Winfield Village President Erik Spande won't run againWinfield Village President Erik Spande has announced that he will not run for reelection next year. Spande broke the news at Thursday's village board meeting, in which he also vetoed a development agreement with Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital.
News | Family of man killed during Kenosha protest: 'Absolutely no justification' in fatal shootingIt came as no surprise to loved ones that 26-year-old Anthony Huber stepped up to protect fellow protestors the night he was fatally shot in Kenosha, his parents said in a statement Friday condemning the actions of the 17-year-old gunman.
- 9:01 PMFirefighter dies battling blaze, another fire burns homes
- 8:28 PMPeru president faces impeachment vote amid pandemic turmoil
- 8:23 PMNYC mayor 'very confident' in new school reopening timeline
- 8:04 PMAP News in Brief at 9:04 p.m. EDT
- 8:00 PMSchaumburg police arrest parolee, stepson on drug charges
More Suburban News Find your community
- Round Lake BeachRound Lake Beach Mayor Richard Hill endorses trustee Scott Nickles as successor
- Des PlainesSchool community mourns death of Maine West sophomore struck by train
- Vernon HillsChurch plans to repurpose office building in Vernon Hills
- GenevaGeneva Holiday House Tour canceled
- Buffalo Grove2 face gun, drug charges after shots fired in Glenview
- LincolnshireLincolnshire officials pass on pilot program for backyard chickens
- EducationOct. 19 is target date for K-5th grade hybrid learning in District 158
- CaryAttorneys make closing arguments in Lake in the Hills woman's drug-induced homicide trial
- LincolnshireLincolnshire spring clean up Sept. 26
- ElginTwo Elgin men arrested on drug charges
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Schaumburg's Mollin still has Olympic dreams
- EducationDistrict 25's proposed return to school could be among earliest in Northwest suburbs
- 9:16 PMOperation Support Our Troops-America to host mini-golf outing fundraiser Oct. 3
- 9:03 PMECC board candidates can start circulating nominating petitions Sept. 22
- 7:59 PMIllinois Solar Tour goes virtual: Carol Stream featured in showcase of solar homes, businesses Sept. 26
- 7:33 PMDuPage County coroner and health department promote Suicide Prevention Awareness
- 5:47 PMIt's not too late to register for fall classes at College of DuPage
- 5:19 PMCompassionate Dental Care in Lake in the Hills offers free dental care Sept. 25
- 5:14 PMNorthbrook Theatre takes the show online!
- 4:48 PMStep into the spotlight at Northbrook Theatre this fall
Inside Daily Herald