Transportation | 5 things to know about the finished Terminal 5 expansion at O'Hare
Thirty years after it opened, O'Hare's Terminal 5 celebrates a redo. Here's what's different.
Commercial Real Estate | Billboard, hot dog stand's days are numbered as Schaumburg closes on purchase of eyesore siteSchaumburg officials have closed on their $700,000 purchase of an eyesore property containing a crumbling hot dog stand and highway-style billboard in an effort to create a more attractive gateway at the village's northeast entrance.
Crime | Owners of Huntley Dairy Mart accused of growing psychedelic mushroomsA Crystal Lake couple listed as the owners of the popular Huntley Dairy Mart restaurant and ice cream shop face charges alleging they ran a psychedelic mushroom-growing operation in their home's basement, court records show.
News | Roller rink to row homes? Lombard landmark is closing, owners announceThe Lombard Roller Rink is closing, the latest old-school rink to go the way of drive-in movie-theaters and bowling alleys. The owners put the property up for sale, and now a developer has proposed tearing down the rink to make way for a townhouse project.
News | 'Feel like royalty': Balmoral in Campton Hills makes Yelp's list of top 100 in the nationBalmoral Restaurant in Campton Hills came in at No. 63 in Yelp's 10th annual list of top 100 restaurants in America, one of only two restaurants in Illinois placing on the list.
McHenry County | McHenry Co. Board to consider resolution denouncing gun banA resolution opposing Illinois' new ban on some high-powered firearms is set to be considered by the McHenry County Board, but changes to the measure are almost certain to come, officials said.
Kane County | Man with weapon detained at Kane County Judicial CenterA man is in custody after being found with a weapon this morning at the Kane County Judicial Center in St. Charles, sheriff's police said.
DuPage County | DuPage sheriff says censure was not discussed at meeting with county chair over gun banDuPage County Sheriff James Mendrick says he was not threatened with censure during a meeting Monday with the county board chair and state's attorney. "We ALL agreed that our police should not be going to the homes of our law abiding residents to harass them over gun registration," Mendrick posted.
Crime | Appellate court upholds downstate restraining order on weapons banA temporary restraining order that partially blocks Illinois' new ban on high-powered weapons from being enforced will remain in place after a divided state appellate court panel's ruling Tuesday. The order applies only to the 800 or so gun owners and firearms dealers named as plaintiffs in an Effingham County suit.
Illinois | Tests, health care, student loans: What happens in Illinois and U.S. when COVID-19 emergency endsThe declaration of a COVID-19 public health emergency three years ago changed the lives of millions of Americans by offering increased health care coverage, beefed-up food assistance, and universal access to coronavirus vaccines and tests. Much of that is now coming to an end after President Joe Biden's administration said it plans to end the emergency declarations on May 11 and Illinois will no longer be under a disaster proclamation as of the same date.
News | New meeting rooms part of Ela library's $3.5 million interior renovationTemporary walls in the children's department at Ela Area Public Library will be coming down today, marking a milestone in a $3.5 million renovation of the 20-year building that began in the fall.
Politics | Biden lawyer: FBI searching Biden's Delaware vacation homeThe FBI was conducting a planned search Wednesday of President Joe Biden's Rehoboth Beach, Delaware home as part of its investigation into the potential mishandling of classified documents, the president's personal lawyer said.
- 12:38 PMWhen you have a job you love, many aspects of your life benefit
- 12:27 PMBeyoncé brings 'Renaissance' world tour to Chicago's Soldier Field July 22
- 11:38 AMTrevor Noah on returning as Grammy host: Ready, but with a few nerves
- 10:37 AMTop U.S. official urges WHO to address sexual misconduct
- 10:25 AM'Harsh and sudden death': How wrong-way crashes are increasing in Illinois and elsewhere
More Suburban News Find your community
- ElginAutopsy determines man stabbed to death in Elgin Saturday
- PoliticsObjection to Dist. 214 candidate overruled
- SchaumburgTown Square Condominium residents evacuated during fire
- CrimeElmhurst man pleads guilty to child porn charge
- Vernon HillsSocial service grants available in Vernon Hills
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates' first marijuana shop opens; second on the way
- Carol StreamHanover Park teen accused of threating to kill students at Glenbard North
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles East's Call stuns WW South at buzzer
- Boys' BasketballBuchert's return helps Libertyville get past Lake Zurich
- Girls' BasketballCook County girls basketball notes: Hersey celebrates retiring Fendley, Barthel
- Prep SportsPalatine holds on for 44-42 win over Conant after frantic final seconds
- Girls' BasketballLibertyville lights up Lake Zurich to take NSC crown
- 12:12 PMAMS Store and Shred celebrates 45 years of protecting confidential information and the environment
- 11:56 AMGeneva History Museum holds contest to name Viking ship dragon head, tail
- 11:33 AMScience & Arts Academy to host 'SAA Day' Feb. 4
- 11:29 AMHersey student hits fast lane to success with apprenticeship
- 11:25 AMFriendship Village hosts food drive for local pantry
- 10:59 AMFeed the Need anti-hunger event returns to North Central College Feb. 18-19
- 9:04 AMBalkan Club Donates Supplies to Help Women in Need
- 7:51 PMGrant will help Aurora church's ministry serving neighbors
Inside Daily Herald