News | Suburban Heroes: Lincolnshire couple saved lives during gas leak
A Lincolnshire couple was publicly honored for rescuing two teens who'd been overcome by carbon monoxide fumes in May.
Crime | Wheeling man charged with shooting cop held without bondA 43-year-old gunman whose Thursday afternoon standoff with police left one officer wounded and a Wheeling neighborhood barricaded for hours is being held in jail without bond.
News | How Sox broadcaster's Benetti's 'Awkward Moments' promotes understanding of disabilitiesChicago White Sox TV announcer Jason Benetti is sharing the "Awkward Moments" of his life as a person with cerebral palsy.
Columns | Constable: Grifters, grafters, govs and Blago leave Lincoln cryingFilmmaker John Davies, who grew up in Wheaton, combines the fate of felonious former Gov. Rod Blagoevich and comedy in his new film, "Lincoln Is Crying." Using the fictional great-great-great-grandson of Abe Lincoln, the film uses humor to recap our state's long history of political corruption.
News | Shoppers hunt 'haggle-able' finds at Long Grove Vintage DaysEnjoying "the thrill of the hunt," shoppers sought antique or unique finds Saturday at Long Grove Vintage Days.
News | Dignitaries join celebration of Indian foundation's 10th anniversaryThree local mayors, several state legislators, the Indian consul general in Chicago and U.S. Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi of Schaumburg were among the dignitaries who joined the Federation of Indian Associations Friday night for a combined celebration of its own 10th anniversary and India's 73rd Independence Day.
Business Ledger | Suburban malls look to reinvent, reinvigorate themselves as retail slips awayThe demise of the Huntley Outlet Center is just one of many different scenarios playing out across the suburbs as once thriving retail malls look to reinvent themselves or struggle to remain relevant.
News | Elgin honors fallen Marine with honorary street renamingThe city of Elgin on Saturday unveiled an honorary street sign naming the 200 block of Melrose Avenue "Cpl. Alex Martinez Av" in honor of the only military member from the city to die in combat since the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Columns | Rozner: Rising star Schauffele in mix for FedEx CupXander Schauffele is determined to live up to expectations. His own.
Cubs | Cubs look to Little League Classic to cure road troublesMaybe a Sunday night trip to Williamsport, Pa., and some good Little League vibes can shake the Cubs out of their road doldrums.
News | Cops keep getting shot by people who can't have gunsThe man who allegedly shot six police officers in Philadelphia before surrendering just after midnight, following a 7 1/2-hour standoff that ended when tear gas was fired into his home, has a very long rap sheet that makes it a felony for him to possess a firearm. That clearly didn't stop him. It is part of a pattern that underscores how difficult it is to curb the epidemic of gun violence, even when there is political will.
McHenry County | Probation for driver in fatal 2017 Barrington Hills crashA Rolling Meadows man charged in connection with a 2017 crash that killed a Barrington High School student has been sentenced to probation, court records show.
- 5:26 AMThe Islamic State group's affiliate in Afghanistan claims responsibility for Kabul wedding blast that killed at least 63
- 5:16 AMGreek Orthodox bishop convicted of hate speech resigns
- 4:39 AMWildfire forces 2,000 to evacuate in Spain's Canary Islands
- 4:35 AMTens of thousands flood Hong Kong park for latest rally
- 4:24 AMDoctors say new rule will mean sicker immigrants
More Suburban News Find your community
- NewsPolice: Shots fired in Arlington Heights park
- Round Lake HeightsDog rescued from Round Lake Heights fire
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect firefighters called to 3rd fire in 9 days at business
- GrayslakeGrayslake celebrates Summer Days 2019
- GrayslakeRacers get down and dirty in Grayslake to fight MS
- McHenry County14 years prison for Minnesota man caught with nearly pound of cocaine on I-90
- ElginElgin cardiologist travels the world to teach procedure
- LombardGlenbard offers muted response to dress code controversy
- SchaumburgOfficials: 2 cases of Legionnaires' diseases linked to Schaumburg hotel
- NapervilleNaperville set to review details of recreational marijuana sales ban
- St. CharlesIs a 3-unit townhouse building appropriate for a St. Charles neighborhood?
- CrimeKenosha man sentenced to 15 years after leaving scene of fatal Zion accident
- 11:54 PMExpectations high as new school year begins at Mooseheart
- 10:46 PMBaird & Warner's Good Will Network Donates $120,000 to Support Chicagoland Communities
- 7:19 PMDuPage County Health Department warns residents to never touch a bat
- 5:46 PMCarol Stream teen wins Champion award at Illinois State Fair
- 5:45 PMRadford Green at Sedgebrook celebrates 10 years of five-star ratings from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- 11:07 AMRep. Weber Bill to Benefit Local Taxpayers Signed By Governor
- 11:07 AMConsumers Credit Union Hosts Luncheon for Illinois Legislators
- 10:56 AMIllinois Central Elite-ICE place 10th at nationals
Inside Daily Herald