News | Addison teachers: We won't strike Thursday
Teachers in Addison elementary schools won't go on strike Thursday, the earliest they could have walked out of classrooms to draw attention to their demands for a new contract. But a potential walkout still looms large in the 4,000-student district. The teachers union and school board haven't met face-to-face for weeks, and no new bargaining sessions have been scheduled as of Wednesday afternoon.
Columns | Rozner: No surprise David Ross is the next Cubs manager. Is he ready for the job?With a personality that fits today's game, David Ross has many of the great characteristics necessary to be a good manager, aside from the most obvious negative of never having done the job.
Business | Libertyville bans pot sales, saying revenue wouldn't outweigh pitfallsThe Libertyville village board Tuesday unanimously voted to prohibit the sale of recreational marijuana in town, deciding the promise of additional revenue would not offset potential pitfalls.
News | Spanish-language Elgin Facebook page created after controversyA new Spanish-language Facebook page about Elgin was created after criticism that administrators of the "What's Happening in Elgin, IL?" page deleted posts and news stories about immigration enforcement in town.
News | Arlington Heights defends deal with energy supplier fined in past for deceptive sales tacticsArlington Heights' new green energy electric aggregation supplier was ordered to pay $1 million in a settlement with the Illinois attorney general's office over past deceptive sales tactics.
McHenry County | Police: Remains found downstate are missing Woodstock woman'sBurned human remains have been identified as those of a Woodstock woman who disappeared in 2010.
Education | 'We don't want to do this': Addison elementary teachers rally as potential strike loomsWith a possible strike that would impact 4,000 students just two days away, several hundred Addison Elementary District 4 teachers and supporters rallied Tuesday to put pressure on the school board to return to the bargaining table.
Business | Portillo's to open pop-up shop at WoodfieldPortillo's restaurants is jumping into the pop-up business this holiday season, with plans to open its first shop at Woodfield starting Nov. 6.
News | Pedestrian dies after being struck by SUV on Route 31A Crystal Lake man was struck and killed by an SUV early Wednesday morning on Route 31.
News | 1,000 vehicles will be auctioned over three days in Schaumburg this weekendFor the seventh year in a row, Mecum Auctions will bring its "home game" Chicago show to the Schaumburg Convention Center Thursday through Saturday.
Columns | O'Donnell: Jay Mariotti is monitoring changing tides of Chicago sports talkJim O'Donnell talks to Jay Mariotti about sports radio, and any possible interest in returning to Chicago.
News | Officer injured breaking up fight among 4 girls at South Elgin High SchoolA police officer was injured while breaking up a fight among four girls at South Elgin High School and police continue to investigate before any charges are filed, authorities said.
- 3:25 PMZuckerberg defends Facebook's currency plans before Congress
- 3:19 PMSlowing global growth hits Caterpillar in 3Q
- 3:17 PMBiden: Trump has 'no idea' about working-class struggles
- 3:06 PMFord 3Q profit falls nearly 60% on restructuring costs
- 3:04 PMMom's murder case raises questions about what doctors knew
More Suburban News Find your community
- GenevaGeneva group hoping to double attendance at 2020 Women's March
- NapervilleNaperville shelter plans major expansion for animals, efficiency
- LibertyvilleRockland Road project in Libertyville winding down for season
- SchaumburgSchaumburg to discuss a ban on e-cigarette sales
- West Dundee300 apartments under construction in West Dundee
- SchaumburgPac-Man restaurant at Woodfield marks anniversary
- NewsArlington Heights train station newsstand staying open
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Addison Trail stays on the move vs. Hinsdale South
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Bochniak, Mundelein finish vs. Highland Park
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Palatine nets another win over Prospect
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Geneva stuns Conant on McPheron's late goal
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Huntley, South Elgin earn conference titles
- 1:13 PMLecture series to tell the story of the 'Mistress of Cantigny' Oct. 28
- 11:55 AMFox Valley restaurants take part in fundraiser for food rescue volunteers
- 11:04 AMOrthodontic Experts Launches The 2019 Braces Giveaway Campaign!
- 11:04 AMImpact Families in Need Through Palatine Township's Adopt-A-Family Program
- 11:04 AMWillows Academy Hosts Open House November 3
- 11:04 AMThe Italian American Human Relations Foundation presents 'A Tribute to Musical Genius, Songwriter Harry Warren'
- 11:04 AMRun to Support the Mission of Our Lady of the Angels in the 2020 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle or Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- 11:04 AMHarper College Disability History Display traces 3,000 years of history
Inside Daily Herald