Lake County | Forest preserve officials want Tyson the bison gone by Memorial Day
Lake County Forest Preserve Disrict officials say they want an estimated 1,300-pound bison that has been living at the Lakewood Forest Preserve near Wauconda gone by Memorial Day.
News | Arlington Heights library board votes 4-2 to hoist Pride flag next monthA day after the Arlington Heights village board reaffirmed its decision not to fly the Pride flag outside village hall, the Arlington Heights Memorial Library board Tuesday night narrowly voted to approve a policy that would allow the rainbow-colored flag to be hoisted outside the library.
News | Investigation of school bus crash that killed Cary toddler continuesThe investigation into the death of a 3-year-old boy who was hit by a school bus Monday afternoon is ongoing, officials said, with no charges or citations issued.
News | As COVID-19 new cases surge, booster for kids comes just in time, expert saysWith new COVID-19 cases in Illinois more than doubling in May compared to April, the likely approval of a booster shot for children ages 5 to 11 this week is perfect timing, experts said Tuesday.
NBA | 'All in with the NBA draft': Rolling Meadows grad Max Christie is leaving MSU, going proRolling Meadows graduate Max Christie is leaving Michigan State for the NBA draft.
Transportation | There will be no getaway from high gas prices over Memorial DayTravel is expected to rebound this Memorial Day weekend after a COVID-19 slump, but road trippers should brace for regular gas to average more than $4 a gallon in 47 states, AAA reports.
News | Northwest Community Hospital proposes cancer center in SchaumburgNorthwest Community Healthcare has proposed construction of a $86.8 million cancer treatment center on a portion of the sprawling former Motorola Solutions campus in Schaumburg.
News | Elgin installs two new bike repair stations along Fox River TrailA pair of new bike repair stations have been installed on the bike path along the Fox River in Elgin. The Dero Fixit stations allow riders to hang their bikes and do basic repairs and maintenance, from changing a flat to adjusting brakes and derailleurs.
Crime | Police investigating Hanover Park killingHanover Park police said they are investigating a homicide that took place Monday night
Business | West Dundee trustees approve incentives to assist with restaurant projectWest Dundee trustees have approved an agreement with $300,000 in assistance for a $3 million project to transform a shuttered Chili's into The Assembly Cafe & Bar's second location. The popular Hoffman Estates eatery, known for its burgers and ribs, hopes to open the West Dundee restaurant by early 2023.
Business | After battling through pandemic with new owner, Pastabilities closes in Buffalo GroveBattered by the pandemic and rising food costs, Pastabilities in Buffalo Grove has closed. The Italian eatery served its last meal Tuesday.
News | Aurora teen reported missingThe Aurora police have issued a missing person advisory for a 15-year-old girl.
- 1:48 AMUkraine hopes to swap steel mill fighters for Russian POWs
- 1:19 AMAsia stocks mixed after Wall St gain, Powell warns on rates
- 1:07 AMAnalysis: Condolence calls from elite show UAE ruler's power
- 12:48 AMRoommate: No warning signs before deadly church attack
- 11:57 PMS. Korea Blue House opens to public for 1st time in 74 years
More Suburban News Find your community
- SchaumburgSchaumburg recruits new cultural services director from McCormick Place
- CrimeJudge sets $3 million bail for man charged with murder of North Chicago teen
- Des PlainesMemorial service scheduled for former Des Plaines alderman
- Buffalo GroveCar wash proposed for dormant Buffalo Grove restaurant site
- WaukeganVictim of Waukegan crash identified as N. Chicago man
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Glenbard East wins 8th straight
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles East celebrates senior day with victory
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Lakes, St. Viator advance to regional final
- Prep SportsSoftball: Fremd comes from behind to beat Hersey
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: St. Charles North blanks Streamwood in regional opener
- Prep SportsSoftball: Libertyville's early lead holds up vs. Stevenson
- Prep SportsBaseball: Person pitches Burlington Central over Hampshire
- 12:22 AMMarmion Steak Fry/Lobster Boil returns for 50th year June 3
- 12:07 AMAurora church's display spotlights missing, murdered indigenous women
- 12:01 AMWheaton's Gary UMC offers two Bible camps
- 11:59 PM17th annual CareFest serves 10 communities
- 10:45 PMBlooming Fest blossoms in West Chicago May 21
- 12:07 PMMay 22 bike ride to benefit Midwest Shelter For Homeless Veterans
- 10:11 AMNew Prospect Heights firefighter likes being a team player
- 10:03 AMD214 grads' careers soar in Navy Fleet Band
Inside Daily Herald