Business | East Dundee poised to acquire shuttered Haeger Pottery building with hopes to redevelop site
East Dundee officials are buying the former Haeger Pottery property with the hopes of reshaping what sits on that land.
News | $9.7 million sale will make downtown Arlington Heights building apartmentsA 40-unit condominium building in downtown Arlington Heights has been sold for $9.7 million in a deconversion deal that will make the five-story building apartments again.
Crime | 'We got him': Former Wheeling resident wanted in teen's 2020 killing capturedA former Wheeling resident suspected of fatally shooting a Mundelein teen is in custody after a 2½-year international manhunt.
Dining | Plan ahead: Restaurants ready specials for HanukkahWhile it may seem a little early to start planning for Hanukkah dining, really, it's right around the corner. The Jewish Festival of Lights starts at sundown Sunday, Dec. 18, and runs through Monday, Dec. 26. And some suburban and Chicago restaurants are already taking reservations for dine-in and orders for carryout.
Cubs | Cubs broadcaster Hughes heading into Baseball Hall of FameLongtime Cubs radio play-by-play voice Pat Hughes is going into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Hughes was selected Wednesday as the 2022 Ford C. Frick Award winner for broadcasters.
News | Drowning is preliminary cause of death of Algonquin womanDrowning is preliminary cause of death of Algonquin woman who went missing, according to the Kane County coroner.
News | Hawaii remembrance draws handful of Pearl Harbor survivorsA handful of centenarian survivors of the attack on Pearl Harbor gathered at the scene of the Japanese bombing on Wednesday to commemorate those who perished 81 years ago.
News | 'Just glad you're here': Son, firefighters, 911 dispatcher honored for saving Wheeling woman's lifeA 911 dispatcher and firefighters from two departments were honored Monday for saving a Wheeling woman's life during a health emergency this summer, as was the woman's son.
News | 'Everybody loves them': Why more suburbs are on board with backyard chickensProponents of raising backyard hens in suburban areas laud the economic and environmental benefits, but opponents worry about the impacts on neighbors and the threat of coyotes. Weighing those pros and cons, more suburbs are allowing residents to maintain chicken coops at home.
News | Demolition of Mount Prospect's former fire, police headquarters underwayDemolition crews are clawing away at the former Mount Prospect fire and police headquarters in the village's downtown, clearing the way for a new six-story residential building.
Kane County | Ex-Kane County sergeant jailed on sex charges now being sued for more than $200KThree of the four women that a former Kane County corrections sergeant sexually harassed are suing him and the Kane County sheriff's office, seeking more than $200,000 in damages, court records show.
Transportation | Toys ride free on Tuesday during Metra's holiday driveGot space in your briefcase for a doll? Metra is conducting its annual holiday toy drive the morning of Tuesday, Dec. 13, at all downtown stations.
- 7:36 PMBest Bets: Marie Osmond at the Genesee, Margaret Cho at Chicago Improv
- 7:33 PMJim O'Donnell: November ratings book keeps 'The Score' and AM-1000 on horizontal hold
- 3:04 PMDeVry climbs to No. 6 on Newsweek list
- 2:56 PMGlenbrook North wins 54-40 over New Trier
- 2:49 PMClub Champion surpasses 65,000 hittable combinations
More Suburban News Find your community
- NapervillePolice: Naperville man found dead in Bolingbrook
- NewsPedestrian killed in Westmont
- Buffalo GroveFour more years for Bragg as Buffalo Grove village manager
- NewsDistrict 26 sells shuttered school building in Des Plaines for $3 million
- Buffalo GroveTown hall Dec. 15 in Buffalo Grove to focus on SAFE-T Act
- Mount ProspectCyclist hit by car in Mount Prospect
- NapervilleNaperville election candidates fighting to stay on ballot
- Girls' GymnasticsGirls gymnastics: Scouting Fox and DuPage County
- Girls' BasketballDespite record, Bartlett's showing improvement
- NewsDriver injured when car hits Highland Park home
- Girls' BasketballLake County girls basketball notes: Fisher, Rule two keys to Libertyville's strong start
- Girls' BasketballProspect's Gilhooly has options; Barrington's O'Riordan shines in spotlight
- 8:10 PMFox River Valley Chapter DAR to honor all servicemembers laid to rest in Hampshire
- 7:53 PM'TreeCycle' community partnership keeps unsold Christmas trees from landfill
- 1:31 PMEngineering STEM with Pringles Experienced at Grass Lake School
- 1:23 PMAurora's 71st annual Lehnertz Ave. Christmas display to open Dec. 11
- 1:09 PMAurora Lutherans to stage live nativity pageant Dec. 17
- 12:55 PMAurora church to host 'A World of Christmas' featuring non-European nativity sets, food
- 12:40 PMIn search of balance during the busy holiday season
- 12:05 PMRelax and take in a concert at the Schaumburg Library
Inside Daily Herald