News | Controversial plan would let some RVs park on driveways in Elgin
The Elgin City Council on Wednesday will discuss a controversial proposal to allow a test program for motorized RVs under 25 feet long to park on residential driveways from May through September.
News | Harvest Bible Chapel, former pastor in arbitration over ownership of TV ministryThe former senior pastor of Harvest Bible Chapel is pursuing binding arbitration in order to get a settlement on what he contends he is owed from the church he founded. One of the primary issues, according to the church, is whether James MacDonald or the church owns the "Walk In the Word" radio and television ministry.
Business | Suburban brewing company to open third location in St. CharlesPollyanna Brewing Company plans to open its third location in the heart of downtown St. Charles at 106 S. Riverside Ave.
Business | A bar for people who like to break things is coming to ElmhurstElmhurst will become home this fall to a bar designed for people who like to drink beer and break things. When Throw Nation opens at 630 W. Lake St. it will become the first "throw bar" in the Chicago area.
Crime | Drug-induced homicide charges in death of St. Charles-area manAn Elgin man is held on $500,000 bail after being charged with providing a fatal dose of fentanyl-laced heroin to 25-year-old Trevor Brubaker, who was found in his St. Charles Township house April 4. Jose R. Charles faces six to 30 years in prison if convicted of drug-induced homicide and was on probation for a 2015 heroin case at the time of his most recent arrest.
News | Motorcyclist dies in St. Charles crashA motorcylist died Monday evening after crashing on the 800 block of South Randall Road in St. Charles.
News | Des Plaines finalizes deal to let Onesti run downtown theaterDes Plaines aldermen have finalized a deal to let Onesti Entertainment Corporation lease and operate the city's downtown theater, a major step in restoring the shuttered venue.
Business | Gurnee approves $200,000 incentive for radio stations to move to Gurnee MillsFour radio stations are set to move to Gurnee Mills mall after the village board voted Monday to pay them $200,000 over three years to offset renovation costs. The radio stations on the move are two Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin-based stations -- WIIL 95.1-FM and WLIP 1050-AM -- and two based in Waukegan -- WKRS ESPN Deportes 1220-AM and WXLC 102.3-FM.
Politics | Full House to vote on graduated income tax amendmentA constitutional amendment that would allow the state to impose higher tax rates on greater margins of income needs only a vote from the full Illinois House to be brought to voters.
Crime | Lake County man held on $2 million bail in death of Round Lake Beach womanAn argument over selling a PlayStation video game system was behind the killing of a 48-year-old Round Lake Beach woman in her house, authorities said Tuesday.
Business | Women's clothing chain Dressbarn to close all its 650 storesDressbarn, the women's clothing chain that's been around for nearly 60 years, is closing all 650 of its stores.
Columns | Feder: NBC Sports Chicago hires Cubs fans, bloggers to host 'Outside the Ivy'Three die-hard Cubs fans and bloggers will host a new postgame show for NBC Sports Chicago, starting Wednesday. Hosts are "Outside the Ivy" are Michael Cerami, 27, of Schaumburg, a blogger for Bleacher Nation; Danny Rockett, 44, of Arlington Heights, a blogger for SB Nation's Bleed Cubbie Blue; and Luis Medina, 31, of Chicago, a blogger for Bleacher Nation.
- 1:43 PMParade, prayers and flag raising in Naperville
- 1:38 PMArlington Heights refuse collection schedule changes for week of Memorial Day
- 1:27 PMMcDonald's revamps its harassment policy
- 1:25 PMStates sue over rule allowing clinicians to refuse abortions
- 1:24 PMTennessee House speaker to resign amid text message scandal
More Suburban News Find your community
- BartlettMan guilty of Geneva identity theft arrested in Gurnee drug case
- NewsStevenson High honors state champs in two sports
- NapervilleWater main break forces closure of Naperville elementary school
- EducationDistrict 59 plans pilot program to beef up math curriculum
- WaucondaRacist graffiti spray-painted on Wauconda playground equipment
- NewsWheeling Township District 21 moving toward full-day kindergarten by 2020-21
- NapervilleHow a forgotten piece of land became Naperville's next big community asset
- CrimeBoy to be charged after Instagram threat
- BarringtonBarrington says farewell to village manager, two trustees
- ElginDrug-induced homicide charges in death of St. Charles-area man
- InvernessInverness boy remains hospitalized as investigation into hit-and-run continues
- ElginSt. Edward students decorate giant city snow plow
- 1:13 PMDelnor Multi-Sport Madness Race, Memorial Day parade to cause traffic delays
- 12:33 PMGeneva church to show 'Sustainable' film on America's food system May 24
- 10:55 AMLocal student receives awards at Lake Forest College
- 10:54 AMLocal student receives award at Lake Forest College
- 10:54 AMLocal students receive award at Lake Forest College
- 10:54 AMLocal students receive Leadership Award at Lake Forest College
- 8:15 AMHelping Veterans Exiting Homelessness
- 8:13 AMHarper College commencement ceremony symbolizes pursuit to educate all Americans
Through the Film Magnifier: Chicago Bulls, Flight 191 Crash, Rainbow Records, Ray Meyer, Slot Cars and more
Inside Daily Herald