Politics | Illinois reports 87 COVID-19 deaths, 3,667 new cases as more indoor dining returns
Illinois reported 87 more COVID-19 deaths and 3,667 new cases as virus restrictions were eased in DuPage, Kane, Lake and McHenry counties.
News | Storm update: 1-3 more inches of snow possible todayA winter storm warning continues until 5 p.m. for most of the suburbs.
News | Snow or not, Arlington Alfresco could begin as soon as MarchThe popular Arlington Alfresco outdoor dining zone will return to downtown Arlington Heights streets as soon as mid-March, the village board decided Monday night.
Columns | Constable: Legendary stray touched hearts, reached heightsA legend in the wilds of Oak Brook, where he eluded capture for years, the beloved stray dog named Rusty died Monday.
News | More now eligible for COVID-19 vaccine, but when can they get it?New ways to get access to COVID-19 vaccination opened Monday for people 65 and older and essential workers in the suburbs, but slots filled quickly amid continued vaccine shortages.
Columns | The most important things the IHSA board needs to address WednesdayWhen the Illinois High School Association's board of directors meet Wednesday, it will be their most significant decision-making session since the COVID-19 pandemic hit a year ago.
News | Restaurant Week returning to Elgin area after a two-year hiatusAt a time when restaurants say they need help the most, Explore Elgin Area is bringing back restaurant week after a two-year hiatus.
News | Former Sears store demolished at Fox Valley MallGoing, going, gone: Fox Valley Mall razes vacant Sears store, for apartment project.
News | 109-year-old Arlington Heights woman gets COVID-19 vaccineA 109-year-old woman from Arlington Heights is thought to be the oldest person in Illinois to have received a COVID-19 vaccine so far.
Columns | Feder: Report says ex-CBS 2 boss tried in vain to 'change the culture'In 2018 Marty Wilke stunned the Chicago media community when she abruptly resigned after six years as president and general manager of CBS-owned WBBM-Channel 2.
Education | Snow day won't grant reprieve for students in remote-learning eraRemember when a good winter storm meant no school and students making a beeline for the nearest sledding hill? With most school districts now better equipped for remote learning snow days might become a thing of the past.
Crime | Rittenhouse, mother fixated on social media treatment in hours after his arrestAn Antioch teen accused of killing two people during unrest in Wisconsin and the teen's mom were fixated on social media comments about them in the hours after his August arrest, newly released police video shows.
Politics | Trump impeachment goes to Senate, testing his sway over GOPHouse Democrats delivered the impeachment case against Donald Trump to the Senate for the start of his historic trial, but Republican senators were easing off their criticism of the former president and shunning calls to convict him over the deadly siege at the U.S. Capitol.
- 2:23 PMU.S. announces restoration of relations with Palestinians
- 2:20 PMFoot of snow blankets parts of Midwest, disrupts travel
- 1:56 PMVaccine appointments canceled amid confusion over supply
- 1:51 PMWidespread internet outages hit northeast U.S.
- 1:41 PMNavalny ally vows to press for his freedom despite crackdown
More Suburban News Find your community
- Hanover ParkAll Schaumburg Library buildings reopen
- AuroraMobile COVID-19 testing units deploying to Aurora neighborhoods
- McHenry CountySettlement in defamation suit filed by McHenry County clerk, recorder
- Wood DaleWood Dale company receives national safety award
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove Rotary sponsoring mobile food pantry Saturday
- NewsCiting work on curriculum, District 59 hires new superintendent
- Glen EllynStreetscape project could cause Frida exhibit headaches in Glen Ellyn
- Bartlett146 apartments proposed for 15 acres near Bartlett
- WaucondaWauconda ice fishing derby for veterans gets creative
- News109-year-old Arlington Heights woman gets COVID-19 vaccine
- AddisonChicago teen charged in Addison carjacking
- AuroraChildren escape Aurora fire, but mother killed
- 1:14 PMFind COVID-19 testing sites, vaccine info at Kane County Health's website
- 1:09 PMFind COVID-19 testing sites, vaccine info at DuPage County Health's website
- 10:27 AMLake County Court Swears in Ten New CASA Volunteers to Advocate for Foster Children
- 8:51 AMMurphy urges essential workers, older residents in suburban Cook County to connect with vaccine providers via new website
- 8:46 AMHanover Township launches parenting education course
- 8:42 AMDistrict 54 kindergarten registration starts Jan. 25
- 8:35 AMBuffalo Grove Rotary Club Mobile Food Pantry Saturday at Mike Rylko Park
- 6:59 PMMarengo Park District hires director of parks operations
Snow, vaccinations and donations of time and food filled The Week in Pictures photo gallery for January 16-22, 2021.
Inside Daily Herald