Special Report | Arlington Heights mayor calls accusations of coziness with Bears 'offensive'
Arlington Heights village officials shot down accusations this week that they are getting a little too cozy with the Chicago Bears in the NFL franchise's pursuit of a massive stadium and redevelopment project at Arlington Park.
Kane County | Kane County GOP sees $2M grant as Democratic election interferenceKane County Republicans are rallying to block a $2 million grant they believe is a Trojan horse that will introduce Democratic influence into how local elections are run.
News | How you can help Palatine fire victimsPalatine-based Partners For Our Communities has launched a donation drive to help families left homeless by a fire Sunday that gutted two buildings in the Windhaven Condominium Complex.
Commercial Real Estate | Proposal for marijuana shop near Buffalo Grove High School faces oppositionA proposal for a recreational marijuana dispensary near Buffalo Grove High School is drawing fire from students, the high school's principal and village board members.
News | Schaumburg considers $1,000 'inflation relief' payments for full-time workersHaving recently approved $150 rebates for every owner-occupied household in the village, Schaumburg officials now are considering $1,000 payments for full-time employees and $500 payments for part-timers to help them bear the impacts of inflation.
Crime | Police make arrests in armed robberies at casino, grocery storeArrests have been made following robberies at Rivers Casino in Des Plaines and a grocery store in Park Ridge that could be related, police said Tuesday.
Commercial Real Estate | Housing, auto dealership highlight new plan for long-vacant Rohrman site in Buffalo GroveThe developer who revitalized the southwest corner of Milwaukee Avenue and Deerfield Parkway in Buffalo Grove hopes to do the same for the long-vacant former Rohrman auto dealership property on the other side of town.
Business | Tribella Bar and Grill in Batavia to close its doors SundayAfter 26 years of being in business, Tribella Bar and Grill in Batavia will be taking its last orders on Sunday.
Politics | House sends 41 bills to Senate as Friday legislative deadline loomsThe measures included a ban on polystyrene food containers, bills focusing on gender inclusivity in state law and a requirement that expectant parents have a "duty" to split pregnancy-related costs, including for abortions.
Education | North Central College names new presidentAnita Thomas has been named president of North Central College in Naperville and becomes the first person of color to hold the position.
News | Geneva mourns death of retired deputy fire chiefGeneva's flags will be at half-staff at the close of business Thursday in honor of the weekend funeral service for Mark Einwich, a retired fire department deputy chief, who died March 7 of cancer.
- 7:17 AMKansas could soon approve 'born alive' abortion bill
- 7:17 AMSlovakia offered U.S. helicopters for giving jets to Ukraine
- 7:17 AMIndia police hunt Sikh leader, arrest separatist supporters
- 7:17 AMUN: 26% of world lacks clean drinking water, 46% sanitation
- 7:17 AMUkraine, IMF agree on $15.6 billion loan package
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- CrimePolice investigating armed robbery outside Arlington Heights motel
- NewsFour incumbents face two challengers in race for four seats on the Stevenson District 125 board
- Lake ZurichTwo developers eyeing long-vacant downtown Lake Zurich property
- BusinessNow licensed companies can serve alcohol at catered events in Arlington Heights
- SchaumburgSchaumburg GOP to hold meet-and-greet for April 4 election candidates
- BartlettBartlett resident appointed to Wayne Township board
- WheelingConstruction of new Wheeling fire station to cost about $7.7 million
- Des PlainesDes Plaines tentatively expands backyard chicken program
- Des PlainesTeen arrested by police investigating street racing in Des Plaines
- Prep SportsBaseball: Sycamore knocks off Burlington Central
- Prep SportsBostrand, Flores combine for no-hitter in Marmion's win over St. Charles North
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: York finds scoring touch, downs Huntley 12-8
- 12:14 AMLaudamus choir tour comes to Batavia and Wheaton churches
- 11:13 PMWheaton's Gary UMC to offer special Holy Week worship
- 10:41 PMHuntley's Shepherd of the Prairie sets Palm Sunday, Holy Week and Easter services
- 10:36 PMNaperville's St. Thomas the Apostle sets Holy Week, Easter services
- 3:19 PMBADC Invites Nominations for 2023 Citizen of the Year Award
- 2:57 PMLake Forest Academy students named National Merit finalists
- 1:03 PMTrout Fishing for Kids offered at Wood Dale Grove March 25
- 12:05 PMRock supergroup Dinosaur Exhibit returns to Hey Nonny
Inside Daily Herald