Business | Bed Bath & Beyond stores in Geneva, Crystal Lake, Wilmette now slated to close
More Bed Bath & Beyond stores in the Chicago area are closing, including in Geneva, Crystal Lake and Wilmette, the home goods chain quietly revealed by posting a new list of 87 stores nationwide that it is shutting down.
Crime | Owners of Huntley Dairy Mart accused of growing psychedelic mushrooms; one faces child porn chargesA Crystal Lake couple listed as the owners of the popular Huntley Dairy Mart restaurant and ice cream shop face charges alleging they ran a psychedelic mushroom-growing operation in their home's basement, court records show.
Business | 'Surviving is winning': Tom's Market in Warrenville endures through tough timesSqueezed between corporate grocery chains and discount retailers, Tom's Market in Warrenville leans on the dedication of owners Nick Kostopoulos and Rob Perri, and the loyalty of customers to survive.
Commercial Real Estate | Billboard, hot dog stand's days are numbered as Schaumburg closes on purchase of eyesore siteSchaumburg officials have closed on their $700,000 purchase of an eyesore property containing a crumbling hot dog stand and highway-style billboard in an effort to create a more attractive gateway at the village's northeast entrance.
Transportation | 5 things to know about the finished Terminal 5 expansion at O'HareThirty years after it opened, O'Hare's Terminal 5 celebrates a redo. Here's what's different.
News | 'Feel like royalty': Balmoral in Campton Hills makes Yelp's list of top 100 in the nationBalmoral Restaurant in Campton Hills came in at No. 63 in Yelp's 10th annual list of top 100 restaurants in America, one of only two restaurants in Illinois placing on the list.
News | Chicago man ejected from vehicle after crash near HuntleyA Chicago man was seriously injured when he was ejected from his vehicle after crashing into the rear of a tractor-trailer on Interstate 90 late Tuesday near Huntley.
Columns | End of an era: Oak Brook's First Folio Theatre bids farewellFirst Folio Theatre co-founder David Rice and his late wife, Alison C. Vesely, made their dream a reality when they founded the Oak Brook theater company 26 years ago. On Feb. 26, when its current production closes, the award-winning theater will become a memory.
Lake County | Deerfield Road widening and key multiuse path connections in Lake County moving forwardKey actions on two projects meant to improve safety and nonmotorized travel in the Grayslake and Deerfield areas are set to advance in Lake County.
Kane County | Man charged after threatening to hurt himself with scissors at Kane Co. courthouseA Batavia man was arrested Wednesday at the Kane County Judicial Center in St. Charles after authorities say he grabbed a pair of scissors at the county public defender's office and threatened to harm himself.
Business | Hoffman Estates preparing for influx of high-end apartment proposalsHoffman Estates officials are readying themselves for an increased demand for high-end apartments and townhouses.
McHenry County | McHenry Co. Board to consider resolution denouncing gun banA resolution opposing Illinois' new ban on some high-powered firearms is set to be considered by the McHenry County Board, but changes to the measure are almost certain to come, officials said.
- 6:50 PMJim O'Donnell: Both "The Score" and AM-1000 remain lost in space
- 6:45 PMBiden, McCarthy meet face-to-face on debt crisis worries: 'No agreement, no promises'
- 6:37 PMHunter Biden seeks federal probe of Trump allies over laptop
- 5:47 PMLate artistic director's spirit animates First Folio's 'And Neither Have I Wings to Fly'
- 4:41 PMWinter storm causes third day of dangerous, icy conditions in Southern states
More Suburban News Find your community
- DuPage County3 charged with stealing $1,668 in perfume from Walgreens store, fleeing police
- NewsState grant to fund expansion to Round Lake District 116's Early Education Center
- WheatonDowntown Wheaton apartment complex sold to JVM Realty
- Buffalo GroveLongtime Buffalo Grove police leader retires after 34-year career
- ElginAutopsy determines man stabbed to death in Elgin Saturday
- PoliticsObjection to Dist. 214 candidate overruled
- SchaumburgTown Square Condominium residents evacuated during fire
- CrimeElmhurst man pleads guilty to child porn charge
- Vernon HillsSocial service grants available in Vernon Hills
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates' first marijuana shop opens; second on the way
- Carol StreamHanover Park teen accused of threating to kill students at Glenbard North
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles East's Call stuns WW South at buzzer
- 2:04 PMLibertyville Rotary's fundraiser features The Second City
- 2:00 PMPiecemakers Quilters to celebrate 10 years of community service
- 1:52 PMGet your tickets now for Let's Wine About Winter
- 12:59 PMGlenbard District 87 board approves Glenbard Education Association agreement with new schedule, cost savings
- 12:12 PMAMS Store and Shred celebrates 45 years of protecting confidential information and the environment
- 11:56 AMGeneva History Museum holds contest to name Viking ship dragon head, tail
- 11:33 AMScience & Arts Academy to host 'SAA Day' Feb. 4
- 11:29 AMHersey student hits fast lane to success with apprenticeship
Inside Daily Herald