Crime | Deerfield school board member ID'd as victim of hit-and-run crash
Dist. 109 school board member Maureen Wener was identified as the bicyclist killed in Highland Park.
News | Buffalo Grove parade celebrates 'Magic of Pride'"It's all about giving support and being an ally," Heather Gunderman of Oswego said.
Lake County | Sheriff: Nearly 8,000 fentanyl-laced pills linked to Mundelein manA Mundelein man faces multiple drug and gun charges after a three-month investigation that netted nearly 8,000 fentanyl-laced pills and four firearms, Lake County authorities said Sunday.
Business | Interest in gardening continues to flourish post-pandemicThe interest in gardening that bloomed during the initial days of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to flourish, experts say.
Columns | Spongy moth menacing? It's the caterpillar that ravages our trees' leaves: What's being doneTo protect our trees and contain the insect's migration, county forest preserve districts are working with the Illinois Department of Agriculture to treat various natural areas in the greater Chicago region, including in Aurora, Lemont and Naperville.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Have Kevin Warren and the Bears found their golden crowbar in Naperville?When Bears president Kevin Warren met Naperville Mayor Scott Wehrli to discuss the possibility of a new Bears stadium in the giant west suburb, the password was "leverage." The Bears want an array of "tax certainties" and other gift-wrapped concessions before ownership commits to building on approximately one-third of the 326 acres that housed Arlington Park.
Lake County | Ex-Fox Lake cop convicted of murder seeks new round of DNA testingJohn Cumbee is serving a life sentence for the 1992 killing of his former girlfriend.
White Sox | White Sox prospect Anderson Comas on coming out: 'Now is when I feel good with myself'Anderson Comas, a minor leaguer in the White Sox's system. spoke out about becoming one of only two professional baseball players to come out as being gay.
Lake County | Man drowns early Sunday after jumping into Chain O' Lakes channelA 25-year-old Kenosha man drowned early Sunday after jumping into a water channel on the Chain O' Lakes, authorities said.
McHenry County | Police in Harvard fatally shoot man suspected of stabbing woman to deathNeither he nor the stabbing victim has been identified by police.
Kane County | Longmeadow Parkway Bridge closer to becoming toll-freeKane County has received an additional $12.5 million in state funding to support eliminating a toll on drivers using the Longmeadow Parkway Bridge over the Fox River when it opens next year, county officials announced.
Prep Sports | Girls soccer: Barrington just misses state title againThe sensational season of Barrington ended in heartbreaking fashion Saturday night when the Fillies fell short in their bid to lift the Class 3A state championship trophy.
Crime | Legislation that would allow police to use drones for monitoring parades, large events passesLegislation that will allow law enforcement agencies to use drones to surveil large public gatherings, such as the Highland Park Fourth of July parade where a rooftop shooter killed seven people and injured more than 50 others last year, recently passed both houses of the General Assembly.
- 4:15 PMNaperville Fire Department offers CPR/AED, first-aid training
- 4:15 PMGet rid of your large trash in Maine Township
- 11:41 AMNo breakthrough in NATO-Turkey talks about Sweden joining
- 11:40 AMBiden's 2024 pitch highlights pragmatism over Trump's pugilism
- 11:40 AMError in signaling system led to train crash that killed 275 people in India, official says
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- Vernon HillsPolice: Toddler accidentally shot in Vernon Hills home
- GurneeGurnee electionic recycling event June 16
- Elgin'Here to support love': First Elgin Pride Parade and Festival kicks off Pride Month Saturday
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates' Summer Sounds on the Green concerts return June 15
- Mount Prospect'Quite an adventure': Mount Prospect family teams with village workers to rescue ducklings
- AuroraAurora man gets 38 years in prison for 2005 beating murder
- Prep SportsSoftball: Barrington capitalizes on unusual play, beats Huntley in sectional final
- Prep SportsBaseball: Bottom of the order helps Sycamore end Burlington Central's season in sectional final
- Prep SportsBaseball: Jacobs' 7th-inning comeback comes up just short
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Benet falls short of state championship for second year in a row
- Prep SportsGirls lacrosse: Loyola starts strong, tops Hinsdale Central in state championship game
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Glenbard West repeats state championship
- 1:00 AMTake a ride through time via The Roarin' Elgin
- 12:57 AMDeja Family Memorial Scholarship goes to Kaneland grad Abbey Mondi
- 12:56 AMEQuality Downers Grove hosts LGBTQ+ Pride events in Downers Grove for third year
- 12:56 AMBrian E. Wagner Scholarship Fund honors 2023 York and IC Catholic Prep students
- 12:55 AMWest Suburban Community Pantry serves thousands children facing hunger this summer
- 12:54 AM2023 Miss Cary-Grove crowned at Business Leadership Pageant
- 12:30 AMMary Childers named COD Outstanding Collegewide Adjunct Faculty Member
- 11:53 PMBarbara Coe named COD Outstanding Collegewide Full-Time Faculty Member
Geneva, Wheaton North, Wheaton Warrenville South, Aurora Central Catholic and Willows academy graduation ceremonies
Inside Daily Herald