News | Two pedestrians killed when SUV goes off road, hits building in Des Plaines
Two pedestrians were killed Sunday when an SUV veered off the road and hit them before smashing through the front of an insurance office on Des Plaines' west side.
Bears | Strange start turns in to ugly finish for Bears in 31-10 loss to JetsThe Bears dropped their fifth straight game with an ugly 31-10 loss to the Jets on Sunday.
Columns | Has interest in recreational marijuana -- and its revenue for the state -- peaked in Illinois?Has the novelty of legalized marijuana peaked in Illinois? More dispensaries are opening throughout the state, but sales and tax revenue remain largely stagnant.
News | Hersey carolers bring sounds of the season to Prospect Heights libraryThe John Hersey High School Charles Dickens Carolers performed two half-hour sets of traditional holiday and madrigal music Sunday at the Prospect Heights Public Library.
News | 'Everyone deserves dignity': Hesed House aims to help people avoid, overcome homelessnessHesed House this year was among the recipients of a grant through Daily Herald Neighbors in Need, a partnership with the McCormick Foundation fund that raises awareness and helps solve issues of hunger, homelessness and health care disparities in the suburbs.
News | Santa lights up the night in BataviaMayor Jeff Schielke and Santa Claus himself flipped the power switch Sunday evening, illuminating the community holiday tree during Batavia's Celebration of Lights Festival.
News | Services set for Wheaton Army veteranA United States Army veteran who served with the "Big Red One," Sgt. Joel Gomez died Nov. 22
Business | BizWeek: Big changes coming at O'Hare; new pizza place to openThe Biz Week That Was: FAA approves big changes at O'Hare Airport; A new pizza place to open in Arlington Heights.
McHenry County | Pilot's identity not released in fatal Wonder Lake plane crashNational Transportation Safety Board officials were on-site Saturday investigating a fatal single-engine plane crash near Wonder Lake.
Movies | Feast and famine for Disney at Thanksgiving box officeThanksgiving often serves up a feast of new family movies at the box office, but the Walt Disney Co.'s animated offering "Strange World" fizzled with audiences out of the gates.
McHenry County | McHenry County College extends president's contract through 2026McHenry County College's board of trustees have approved a contract extension with college President Clinton Gabbard, adding a year that will carry the agreement through Dec. 31, 2026.
Kane County | Suburban Skyview: After the November election, thousands of campaign signs are collected in a dumpster to be recycledIn this week's Suburban Skyview column, colorful campaign signs fill a dumpster in Geneva before being recycled
- 9:13 AMBike repair stations popping up around the suburbs
- 9:08 AMThree months after a rare liver-lung transplant, he has plenty to be thankful for
- 8:48 AMMerry & bright: Elgin lights city tree to welcome Santa
- 8:47 AMSanta Claus -- and Donnie Wahlberg -- are comin' to town!
- 7:42 PMGrammar Moses: 'Wonton Lust' bites the dust
More Suburban News Find your community
- GenevaEast State Street reconstruction project moves forward in Geneva
- Lake ZurichLake Zurich bakery fire on Friday contained to oven
- St. CharlesSt. Charles repeals panhandling law after court ruling
- Prep FootballNazareth wins thriller for 5A state championship
- NapervillePark district entering snow-clearing agreement with Naperville Running Co.
- Prep FootballLoyola stymies Lincoln-Way East for 8A championship
- WaukeganWaukegan's Paul Klonowski helps keep Des Plaines River clean and healthy
- AuroraAurora Downtown to host Cocoa Crawl Dec. 2
- Prep WrestlingHersey bests 31-team field at Moore-Pettyman invitational
- Prep FootballBatavia seniors embrace journey even in defeat
- Girls' BasketballMrowicki sparks Hersey to Bison Classic title
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows dominates Fremd in Fenton finale
- 12:59 AMNora Silvia joins College of DuPage as new director of nursing
- 12:56 AM'Swingin' into Christmas' with Naperville Chorus and Pete Ellman Big Band Dec. 9-10
- 11:54 PMElgin Theatre Company to hold auditions for 'Sylvia'
- 11:14 PMGeneva Christmas Walk & Holiday House Tour returns Dec. 2-3
- 10:14 PMAurora City Council recognizes HSS's Sewa Diwali food donation
- 9:45 PMWe Care Hinsdale raises more than $10,000 for Edward Foundation, Linden Oaks
- 9:35 PMGlenbard Parent Series speaker to discuss cultivating genius and joy
- 9:28 PMGlenbard Parent Series presents 'Zen Parenting: Caring for Ourselves and Our Children'
Inside Daily Herald