Crime | 'He didn't have to do this': Blagojevich praises Trump from Chicago home after release
Former Illinois Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich gushed about Donald Trump after the Republican president commuted his sentence for political corruption, speaking Wednesday at a press event outside his Chicago home that sounded like an extended campaign ad for the president.
Politics | Who was that guy with Blagojevich? Ex-St. Charles resident helped secure his release"Mark?" "Governor." Judson College alumnus Mark Vargas escorts Rod Blagojevich home from prison after advocating for his release.
Politics | Elk Grove Village annexation dispute will carry on after term limits voteResolution of a yearlong annexation dispute that's spilled over into the campaign to impose term limits on Elk Grove Village leaders will have to wait until after the March 17 primary election.
News | Two more Legionnaires' disease cases reported in Vernon HillsTwo new cases of Legionnaires' disease, bringing the total to five, have been confirmed at a senior living facility in Vernon Hills.
Blackhawks | Former Blackhawks star Panarin: Trade to Columbus 'still confuse(s) me'Artemi Panarin minced no words and finally admitted what we all assumed: He was really upset when the Chicago Blackhawks traded him to Columbus during the 2017 off-season.
Politics | Bloomberg, Sanders under attack at Democrats' Nevada debateFrom the opening bell, Mike Bloomberg faced fierce attacks from his Democratic rivals over race and gender at Wednesday night's high-stakes debate in Las Vegas as the former New York City mayor faced off on the debate stage for the first time.
Politics | George Ryan prosecutor calls Blagojevich 'a very flawed messenger'Yes, his sentence was tough, but it doesn't change the fact former Gov. Rod Blagojevich was guilty of corruption after promising to clean up Illinois, said Patrick Collins, the former prosecutor who helped convict Gov. George Ryan in 2006.
News | Palatine mayor says plan in works to revitalize Park Place shopping centerThe new owner of a shopping center at Rand and Dundee roads is aggressively seeking business tenants to fill vacant space near where a new public school is proposed, Palatine Mayor Jim Schwantz said Wednesday in his State of the Village address.
Politics | Pritzker paints two budget pictures: one with graduated tax, one withoutGov. J.B. Pritzker has tied his second-year state budget proposal to the unfinished marquee policy initiative of his first year -- a constitutional amendment that allows the state to impose higher income tax rates on higher income earners. But Republicans say a choice between new tax revenue and budget cuts is a false one.
Crime | Shooting triggers chase, crash near Fox Valley MallAurora police are investigating a gang-related shooting Wednesday afternoon that wounded one and resulted in a chase that ended with a crash near the Fox Valley Mall. Four people were injured in the crash closed part of East New York Street.
DuPage County | Trial begins for Glen Ellyn man accused of murdering ex-wifeTrial begins for Glen Ellyn man accused of murdering ex-wife.
Politics | Madigan, top allies named in new federal subpoenaHouse Speaker Michael J. Madigan and several of his closest political allies are named in a new federal subpoena seeking records on a former ComEd lobbyist and his consulting work for a tiny South suburb.
- 4:08 AM9 killed in suspected far-right attack in Germany
- 4:00 AMChina's virus cases, deaths rise, but count revised again
- 3:25 AMYonhap news agency says South Korea has reported its first death from the new virus
- 3:16 AMSouth Korea city urges 2.5M to stay home as virus cases grow
- 3:12 AM2 more Russians on cruise ship diagnosed with virus
More Suburban News Find your community
- WaukeganNo injuries in Waukegan apartment building fire
- WaukeganProsecutors file mid-trial appeal over evidence in Waukegan attempted murder case
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect OKs study of proposed pedestrian bridge
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove takes first step toward Lake-Cook corridor TIF
- NapervilleNaperville Black History event to showcase Civil Rights songs
- PalatinePalatine's first Restaurant Week set for March 27-April 5
- PalatinePalatine to honor three firefighters who died fighting 1973 blaze
- NewsNew brunch spot planned in old Passero storefront
- Girls' BasketballDowners Grove North knocks off Oak Park-River Forest
- College SportsDowners Grove South graduate Mullins already seeing success
- Girls' BasketballEirich steps down at Bartlett
- Girls' BasketballStutelberg, Glenbard West ready for Addison Trail
- 10:56 PMLiterature comes to life at Lombard's Trinity Lutheran School
- 10:50 PMCurbside composting is coming to St. Charles in April
- 10:39 PMWest Dundee's St. Catherine of Siena sets Lenten and Easter schedule
- 9:40 PMBranka Poplonski Branka Poplonski named new Bloomingdale Township Clerk
- 9:19 PM'The Trip to Bountiful' begins March 6 in Medinah
- 9:06 PMRieke Office Interiors Elgin to host WIM Fox Valley March 12
- 8:41 PMEast High students witness live sale of bonds, tour Chicago Board Options Exchange
- 8:31 PMTriCity Family Services to recognize Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2020
Inside Daily Herald