News | Amazon truck strikes Long Grove bridge, marking 45th crash since 2020
It's happened again: Long Grove's historic bridge has been struck. Around 7:40 p.m. Sunday, an Amazon delivery truck just over 9 feet tall got stuck under the Robert Parker Coffin Bridge, which has a clearance of 8 feet 6 inches.
Special Report | Why tax expert, former state rep says Arlington grandstand's days could be numberedWhile the Chicago Bears haven't officially said if or when the stately Arlington Park grandstand built by Dick Duchossois will be demolished, its days are likely numbered, according to one expert.
Cubs | Report: Cubs, Hoerner agree on three-year, $35 million contract extensionThe Cubs and second baseman Nico Hoerner are reportedly in agreement on a three-year, $35 million contract extension. The Cubs' first-round draft pick in 2018, Hoerner hit .281 with 10 home runs and 55 RBI last season.
News | 'If you love something, you never get tired': 91-year-old Schaumburg runner best in his class at Shamrock ShuffleSchaumburg resident Iggy Cascio, 91, was tops among two finishers in the 90+ age bracket for Sunday's Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago.
Politics | How this dog's death led to a bitter race for Wayne village presidentWere it not for a dog named Ludwig, Eileen Phipps might be cruising unopposed to a seventh term as village president of Wayne. But her husband's killing of a neighbor's pet triggered a contentious race for Phipps' office and three trustee seats.
Columns | 'We have to prepare': Towns grapple with more freight trains heading their waySuburbs along the CP tracks face the reality of at least eight more freight trains a day. Here's what's next.
News | Lombard Park District set to approve purchase of Helen Plum library landLombard Park District commissioners are close to sealing a deal for the purchase of the former Helen Plum library site near downtown.
News | Three generations of flight: Suburban native gets wings, joining grandfather, fatherU.S. Marine Corps 1st Lt. Steven Wember remembers spending time with his grandfather and father as a child, listening to their stories about being Marines and flying jets. The Crystal Lake native and 2015 Marian Central Catholic High School graduate decided at age 10 that it was the path he wanted to follow.
News | $550,000 winning lottery ticket bought at Lakemoor grocery storeTwo lottery players hit all five numbers in the midday Lucky Day Lotto draw on Sunday, each winning over a half a million dollars, the Illinois Lottery announced in a news release.
News | Collection for Palatine families displaced by condo fire off to good startPeople Helping People and Christ Lutheran Church collaborated Monday to organize and host a drive-through collection for items to help the families displaced by a fire in the Windhaven Condominium Complex in Palatine on March 19.
News | Netanyahu delays judicial overhaul after mass protestsIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday announced a delay in his judicial overhaul plan, saying he wanted to give time to seek a compromise over the contentious package with his political opponents.
Columns | Islamic group marks Ramadan with food distribution to communities in needICNA Relief, a national domestic relief and faith-based group, has launched a Ramadan Food Box distribution across its network of more than 50 food pantries in 24 states, reaching more than 24,000 families.
- 9:44 PMMount Prospect honors Vietnam vets
- 6:42 PMWant to get rid of household clutter? Wheaton hosting 'recycling extravaganza'
- 6:38 PMFree diaper distribution in Elgin on April 6
- 6:33 PMAffordable housing discussion planned April 12 in Aurora
- 6:26 PMVoters to decide whether Round Lake village clerk should be appointed or elected
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- ElginElgin may form civilian review board, but police union must agree
- Buffalo GroveHelping Buffalo Grove tell its story: Village hires national branding consultant
- AuroraMan found guilty in 2005 Aurora gang-related murder
- PoliticsMost -- but not all -- District 64 candidates supported COVID-19 orders for masking and more
- Hoffman EstatesPolice: Man and woman arrested after trying to rob Hoffman Estates bike store
- AlgonquinAlgonquin boy charged as adult in crash that put him, 4 other teens in the hospital
- NapervilleShould Naperville offer tax incentives for developers? City council candidates differ
- ElginAuthorities seek two suspects in Elgin bank robbery
- Cook CountyContractor now accused of bribing worker in Cook County assessor's office
- Downers GroveFiery fatal Downers Grove crash under investigation
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect honors Vietnam vets
- Round LakeOne of Lake County's 'hidden gems,' children's museum reopens in Round Lake
- 2:54 PMWheeling Township can help with home heating bills
- 2:44 PMHanover Township Supervisor's Community Service Award winners recognized
- 2:29 PMHarper College's University Center adds MBA, two new majors
- 2:09 PMCollege students credit national scholarships to high school teachers at Hoffman Estates, Stagg
- 1:11 PMEight new volunteer advocates join CASA Lake County
- 1:06 PMGLMV's La Mera Mera Taqueria holds grand opening at new spot
- 9:49 AMWoodlands Academy's Viennese exchange makes much anticipated return
- 9:20 AMSchaumburg Primary Care Physician Opens Concierge Medical Practice
Inside Daily Herald