DuPage County | No more censure threat after DuPage sheriff, county board chair come to terms on weapons ban
Nearly one week after saying she would seek censure of DuPage County Sheriff James Mendrick, DuPage County Board Chair Deborah Conroy said in a joint statement with Mendrick that she has decided not to pursue the censure and that Mendrick is "committed to enforcing all state and local laws," with the undertanding that deputies won't have to go door to door to check on banned weapons.
Blackhawks | Former Blackhawks great Bobby Hull dies at 84Bobby Hull, the Blackhawks' all-time leading goal scorer, died Monday morning. "Bobby Hull will always be remembered as one of the greatest Blackhawks players of all time," Hawks owner Rocky Wirtz said in a statement. "He was a beloved member of the Blackhawks family." John Dietz with the full story:
Transportation | Tollway board chairwoman steps down after a year due to health issuesIllinois tollway board Chairwoman Dorothy Abreu is stepping down, officials said, citing health issues. She started at the agency last February.
Columns | 'Harsh and sudden death': How wrong-way crashes are increasing in Illinois and elsewhereThey are typically catastrophic and often linked to DUIs. Why are wrong-way crashes up?
Health Care | 'Phenomenal change': How Central DuPage Hospital is reshaping downtown WinfieldNorthwestern Medicine will open a $38.8 million medical office building today as part of redevelopment efforts in downtown Winfield.
News | Sherman Hospital ER manager named Advocate's Nurse Leader of the YearDaniel Haslett, the clinical nurse manager for the emergency department and trauma services at Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin, has been named the hospital group's first Nurse Leader of the Year.
News | 'A shocking loss': College student from Libertyville found dead FridayFoul play is not suspected in the death of 21-year-old Matthew Listman, a student at Illinois State University from Libertyville, whose body was found near a creek late Friday in Normal.
Crime | Streamwood man charged with armed robbery in Clarendon HillsA Streamwood man is accused of robbing a man at gunpoint Saturday.
Education | Pritzker helps open CLC's new $48 million student center in WaukeganGov. J.B. Pritzker and other public officials gathered Monday in Waukegan for the ceremonial opening of the new six-story student center on College of Lake County's Lakeshore Campus.
Crime | Suspect in thefts from Barrington auto dealership charged in Roselle caseA Chicago man accused last week of stealing a Barrington police patrol vehicle and driving off at 126 mph appeared in court Monday on new charges stemming from the burglary of a Roselle auto dealership earlier this month.
Entertainment | 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75Cindy Williams, who played Shirley opposite Penny Marshall's Laverne on the popular sitcom "Laverne & Shirley," has died, her family said Monday.
Dining | Valentine's Day dining 2023: It's never too early to start making plansWhether you feel like going fancy or low-key for Valentine's Day, there's a suburban restaurant special out there to fit the bill. However you decide to celebrate, make reservations soon so you don't miss out.
Cook County | With R. Kelly already in prison, prosecutor drops Cook County chargesCook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx said Monday that she's dropping sex-abuse charges against singer R. Kelly, following federal convictions in two courts that ensure the disgraced R&B star will be locked up for decades.
- 5:24 PMNKOTB bringing the right stuff to Rosemont for fan convention
- 3:57 PMHow to send a Valentine's Day balloon to DuPage Care Center seniors
- 3:33 PMSchool where boy shot teacher reopens with added security
- 3:33 PM5 Ukrainian civilians killed as warring sides mull next move
- 3:33 PMFrance braces for major transport woes from pension strikes
More Suburban News Find your community
- NapervilleDist. 203 increasing sub pay rate for retired teachers, 'surge' days
- WheelingPot shop, cafe to open Friday in Wheeling
- EducationPark Ridge-Niles District 64 board member resigns
- NewsArlington Heights launches improved village website
- NapervilleNaperville man seriously injured in two-car crash
- Cook CountyCook County seeks suburban poll workers for April 4 election
- Villa ParkVilla Park trustee candidate asks court to remove opponent from ballot
- Mount ProspectIs it 'au revoir' for Mount Prospect's Sister Cities Commission?
- GenevaMovie producer from Geneva shines light on homelessness, mental illness
- Prospect HeightsCatholic parishes in Prospect Heights, Mount Prospect to consolidate
- DuPage CountyHow to send a Valentine's Day balloon to DuPage Care Center seniors
- St. CharlesSt. Charles home featured in upcoming "House Hunters"
- 7:11 PMFind your perfect Valentine's Day gift at Fine Line's Dempsey Artisan Shop
- 6:51 PMA Conversation Club starts in Algonquin for English language learners
- 6:42 PMBackyard Garden Club of Dundee Township offers scholarship
- 5:20 PMKrafted Burger Bar + Tap opens in Elmhurst, its second Chicago area location
- 5:10 PMWheaton's Gary UMC offers new mission speaker series starting Feb. 5
- 4:58 PMTurning Pointe Autism Foundation relaunches employee training program
- 4:22 PMMonarch Landing resident scuba diver hopes to be the oldest woman diver
- 4:16 PMECC partners with Pace Bus on free CDL permit training, strengthening the public transportation workforce
Inside Daily Herald