News | Sold-out all-electric car show said to mark a 'turning point' for the industry
The Chicago Automobile Trade Association -- the same organization that hosts Chicago's annual auto show -- is holding its first all-electric show for dealers and consumers this weekend, signaling what stakeholders are calling a "turning point" in Illinois' EV industry.
Prep Football | Naperville Central claims overtime victory against Naperville North in cross-town classicWhat Naperville Central football fans will remember most is the goal-line stand in overtime, the one that allowed the Redhawks to come away victorious in front of a big crowd at North Central College.
Commercial Real Estate | Lurie Children's Hospital proposes $56M Schaumburg outpatient center for Northwest suburbsLurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is proposing a $55.9 million, 70,000-square-foot outpatient center in Schaumburg as a facility that would replace existing ones in Arlington Heights, Hoffman Estates and Huntley to serve growing demand in the Northwest suburbs.
Politics | Pritzker, Bailey show clear divide on crime, abortion in candidates forumMiddle ground? Not at the IAPME gubernatorial forum Friday as GOP state Sen. Darren Bailey and Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker faced off on SAFE-T, gun control and abortion.
DuPage County | Bullet found in letter threatening Downers Grove libraryThe Downers Grove Public Library has received a letter that was initially sent to the DuPage County offices in Wheaton that included a bullet, according to Downers Grove police
Crime | Chicago man held without bond in brutal attack of woman in Naperville hotel roomThis content is no longer available on dailyherald.com
DuPage County | Historic bridge to make its return to Hidden Lake Forest Preserve in OctoberWork continues on a historic bridge from Hidden Lake Forest Preserve near Downers Grove. The bridge will return to the preserve in October.
Entertainment | October fests turn to fall colors, Halloween eventsFrom fall color tours to family-friendly pumpkin carving, here are some October events that are a little bit spooky and a whole lot of fun.
News | Woman killed after being struck by car in Geneva identifiedA woman who died after being struck by a car in Geneva Wednesday night has been identified.
Bears | Bears Film Study: Credit coaching staff for highlighting team's strengthsWhy complain when the Bears are off to a 2-1 start? This week's version of Bears Film Study celebrates the run game and a couple of unsung heroes on the offense.
Prep Football | Palatine pulls away from ConantThe learning curve is over for Palatine football's Dominick Ball and Tommy Elter, as Palatine topped Conant 42-10 Friday night in Hoffman Estates.
Crime | Palatine man charged with aggravated DUI after traffic stop in BartlettThis content is no longer available on dailyherald.com
- 12:53 PMIan leaves dozens dead as focus turns to rescue, recovery
- 12:50 PMTrump at center of Oath Keepers novel defense in Jan. 6 case
- 12:13 PMOle Miss honors James Meredith 60 years after integration
- 12:00 PMMax Baer, Pennsylvania Supreme Court's chief justice, dies
- 11:50 AMState news: 4 elite paramilitary Guards killed in Iran clash
More Suburban News Find your community
- Lake ZurichDeveloper seeks OK to build 52 townhouses in Lake Zurich
- NapervilleOktoberfest is near and bier to their hearts in Naperville
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village setting up new taxing districts for fire service in unincorporated areas
- CrimeFBI honors tattoo artists for helping victims, ex-criminals replace reminders of past
- Prep FootballSouth Elgin collects win over Glenbard South by playing keepaway
- NapervilleChicago man held without bond in brutal attack of woman in Naperville hotel room
- Prep FootballHersey pulls away from Rolling Meadows in 2nd half
- Prep FootballLake Zurich stays hot, tops Libertyville
- BataviaWoman killed after being struck by car in Geneva identified
- Prep FootballMaine South rallies from early deficit, wins key Central Suburban game
- Prep FootballStevenson blanks Lake Forest in odd scoring fashion
- SportsGlenbard East spoils Elgin's homecoming
- 8:51 PM'Uncommon Threads' fashion show comes to Glen Ellyn Oct. 16
- 7:20 PMDonation provides CLC students with new equipment and training
- 3:32 PMWaubonsee celebrates LGBTQ+ History Month with special events in October
- 3:19 PMWaubonsee celebrates National Arts and Humanities Month with special events in October
- 12:24 PMWheaton author to join Prairie Path Books' 'Whiskey, Beer, and History' event
- 10:49 AMDes Plaines Community Foundation Donates $30,000 to Local Food Pantries and Charities for the Holidays
- 10:26 AMNicor Gas recognizes Hunger Action Month, commits $450,000 to address food insecurity
- 10:23 AMIllinois American Water Offers Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Grants
Inside Daily Herald