News | Addison teachers: We won't strike Thursday
Teachers in Addison elementary schools won't go on strike Thursday, the earliest they could have walked out of classrooms to draw attention to their demands for a new contract. But a potential walkout still looms large in the 4,000-student district.
Columns | Rozner: No surprise David Ross is the next Cubs manager. Is he ready for the job?With a personality that fits today's game, David Ross has many of the great characteristics necessary to be a good manager, aside from the most obvious negative of never having done the job.
Business | Libertyville bans pot sales, saying revenue wouldn't outweigh pitfallsThe Libertyville village board Tuesday unanimously voted to prohibit the sale of recreational marijuana in town, deciding the promise of additional revenue would not offset potential pitfalls.
News | Spanish-language Elgin Facebook page created after controversyA new Spanish-language Facebook page about Elgin was created after criticism that administrators of the "What's Happening in Elgin, IL?" page deleted posts and news stories about immigration enforcement in town.
McHenry County | Identification of Woodstock woman's remains prompts calls for justiceBurned human remains have been identified as those of a Woodstock woman who disappeared in 2010.
News | 1,000 vehicles will be auctioned over three days in Schaumburg this weekendFor the seventh year in a row, Mecum Auctions will bring its "home game" Chicago show to the Schaumburg Convention Center Thursday through Saturday.
News | Pedestrian dies after being struck by SUV on Route 31A Crystal Lake man was struck and killed by an SUV early Wednesday morning on Route 31.
News | New Downers Grove pizzeria aims for 'neighborhood favorite' statusPizzeria 32 in Downers Grove hopes to become a new "neighborhood favorite" with two styles of pizza, salads, sandwiches, appetizers and desserts for carry-out, delivery or catering.
Crime | Arlington Heights man gets six years in prison for sexually abusing girlsAn Arlington Heights man accused of giving two girls beer and sexually abusing them pleaded guilty to aggravated criminal sexual abuse and was sentenced to six years in prison.
Columns | O'Donnell: Jay Mariotti is monitoring changing tides of Chicago sports talkJim O'Donnell talks to Jay Mariotti about sports radio, and any possible interest in returning to Chicago.
DuPage County | Both sides of DuPage County Board infighting say we need an anti-bullying policyA DuPage County Board member who says she was bullied by some Democratic colleagues -- and the members who deny doing it -- are calling for creation of a policy to protect the county's elected officials from harassment.
Food | It's coming down to the wire for Cook of the Week Challenge contestantsThe Cook of the Week Challenge round three is all sown up. See what the cooks created, and read what the judges had to say.
- 5:59 PMPolice agency: Too late to fire Chicago officer for shooting
- 5:58 PMHouse Democrats pass election security bill amid impeachment
- 5:55 PMDuPage board members response to harrassment claims
- 5:55 PMDuPage County Board's Sadia Covert's statement on harassment
- 5:53 PMMost states not giving driver's license data to Washington
More Suburban News Find your community
- WaukeganSpurned casino sues Waukegan, says city used false information to deny bid
- GenevaGeneva group hoping to double attendance at 2020 Women's March
- Elk Grove VillageNew gas station -- result of Bahamas Bowl sponsorship -- coming to Elk Grove
- NapervilleNaperville shelter plans major expansion for animals, efficiency
- LibertyvilleRockland Road project in Libertyville winding down for season
- West DundeeWest Dundee officials support proposed apartment concept, but on a smaller scale
- SchaumburgSchaumburg to discuss a ban on e-cigarette sales
- ElginElgin fire, elected officials want to educate about new smoke detector law in 2023
- NewsArlington Heights train station newsstand staying open
- Carol StreamBring your littlest monsters to Carol Stream's Boo Fest
- BataviaGeneva civil rights advocate receives prestigious Barth Award
- Prep FootballPatient Glenbard North seizing the moment
- 5:51 PMAurora to host Homeownership Expo Nov. 2
- 4:52 PMDefenders to host Green Screen Film Series Oct. 28
- 1:13 PMLecture series to tell the story of the 'Mistress of Cantigny' Oct. 28
- 11:55 AMFox Valley restaurants take part in fundraiser for food rescue volunteers
- 11:04 AMOrthodontic Experts Launches The 2019 Braces Giveaway Campaign!
- 11:04 AMImpact Families in Need Through Palatine Township's Adopt-A-Family Program
- 11:04 AMWillows Academy Hosts Open House November 3
- 11:04 AMThe Italian American Human Relations Foundation presents 'A Tribute to Musical Genius, Songwriter Harry Warren'
Inside Daily Herald