Columns | Neither heat, rain, cold nor drought can stop local sweet corn crop
The record rains and cold caused so many delays, some feared that this would be the year of no sweet corn. But the folks at Wiltse's Farm Produce in Maple Park found some ways to have the summer treat available starting this weekend.
Crime | Child sex offenders living at Aurora shelter sue city over demand they moveChild sex offenders who live at Wayside Cross Ministries in Aurora are suing the city, saying its recent order for them to move out because they're too close to McCarty Park is illegal.
Lake County | Police: Son charged with murder after Beach Park man attacked with garden shearsA 21-year-old Beach Park man is being charged with attempted murder after he attacked his 70-year-old father with garden shears, the Lake County sheriff's office said in a news release.
News | To former Barrington resident, famed astronaut 'was simply Uncle Neil'Mike Trude was about 12 years old, living at his childhood home in Barrington, when his uncle made history. "I remember it like it was yesterday," said Trude, who now lives in downstate Marion. "We watched it in the living room." "It" was the moment American astronaut Neil Armstrong became the first man to set foot on the moon.
News | Cary is turning a former gravel pit site into a park with a lake that will open this fallThe former Meyer-Lafarge gravel pit is being restored to include walking trails, bicycle paths, fishing piers, kayak launches, picnic areas and tables, park benches, and a 60-space parking lot.
Crime | Wisconsin man charged with sexually abusing girl in Arlington HeightsA 43-year-old Wisconsin man was charged with sexually abusing a girl at her grandparents' house in Arlington Heights about 10 times since 2014, police said Friday.
Music | Everclear, 10,000 Maniacs, tribute to Elton John to play Schaumburg's SeptemberfestEverclear, 10,000 Maniacs and a tribute to Elton John will be the three headliner musical acts during Schaumburg's Septemberfest this Labor Day weekend.
Crime | Police seize 1,900 counterfeit items at Buffalo Grove store; owner chargedA woman has been charged with selling counterfeit luxury goods at her Buffalo Grove store after police seized more than 1,900 items, according to a Buffalo Grove police department news release.
Theater | Britney Spears musical premiere in Chicago postponed until 2020Broadway in Chicago announced the world premiere of "Once Upon a One More Time" scheduled for this fall in Chicago, has been postponed until April 2020.
News | Bo Jackson's sports dome to put Bensenville 'on the map'Bo Jackson is the driving force behind a new sports dome coming to Bensenville as the village aims to make itself into an amateur sports destination.
Lake County | Schneider hearing examines Foxconn's impact on suburban floodingU.S. Rep Brad Schneider hosted a hearing in Wheeling Friday morning about the importance of programs to help small businesses recover from disasters and about how the Foxconn development in southeast Wisconsin likely will worsen flooding in the suburbs.
News | The Soviets tried to beat Apollo 11. They crashed a spacecraft on the moon instead.Luna 15 plummeted toward the moon on July 21, crashed into a mountain and cratered near the aptly named Sea of Crises - all before Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin even left the surface.
- 3:49 AMMonsoon flooding death toll rises to 152 in South Asia
- 3:29 AMGermany marks 75th anniversary of plot to kill Hitler
- 3:28 AMThe Latest: Senior UK MP: Military strike on Iran 'unwise'
- 3:04 AMIran says British tanker seized because of collision
- 2:54 AMVeteran Hong Kong actor Simon Lam stabbed at event in China
More Suburban News Find your community
- PalatinePalatine leaders optimistic about potential for site of closed Holiday Inn Express
- Elk Grove VillagePlans for hotel on north side of Elk Grove Technology Park revealed
- MundeleinVernon Hills considers changes to senior bus service
- Lake ZurichAlpine Fest opens in Lake Zurich
- WarrenvilleWinfield man accused of head-butting Wheaton squad
- PalatineNo one hurt in Palatine collision
- BusinessNew doggy day care coming to Arlington Heights
- NewsDistrict 128 trustees to tour new Libertyville High swimming pool Monday
- AuroraPolice: Fugitive on Massachusetts' Most Wanted list arrested in Aurora
- GenevaMarklund hopeful holdup on water/sewer permit for new school will end soon
- St. CharlesMom of girl hurt in St. Charles-area Mother's Day hit-and-run sues driver
- WheelingCity Works opening in Wheeling in August
- 11:09 PMChristmas in July offers half-price Cocoa Crawl travel mug
- 10:51 PMAID's Fox Valley Crisis Line seeks volunteers
- 8:37 PMMarklund Hyde Center students raise and release monarch butterflies
- 2:10 PMEnjoy Storytime in Glen Ellyn park July 23
- 1:48 PMSign up by Aug. 5 for Field of Dreams 5K Race
- 10:52 AMJuly 22-25: Explore a new career at CLC Days
- 10:52 AMJuly 23: CLC to host author, Professor Hall Gardner for presentation on building world peace
- 10:52 AMWeber, Local Reps to Host Property Tax Seminar
Inside Daily Herald