Business | Regal Cinemas' final showings in Lincolnshire the latest in the trend of movie theaters closing
Regal Cinemas in Lincolnshire is closing after 24 years. The news comes after Regal Cinemas' parent company, Cineworld, announced the closure of 39 locations starting Feb. 15 as part of bankruptcy proceedings, while the Lincolnshire closure hadn't been announced.
Crime | Smash-and-grab robbers take thousands of dollars of jewelry from Arlington Heights storeThree thieves stole thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from a downtown Arlington Heights jewelry store Wednesday, police said Thursday.
News | Housing, retail, recreation, conservation options on the table for three sites in ElginMore than 100 residents attended Elgin's first public input meeting this week for the North Grove Redevelopment Area. The area is made up of approximately 38 acres of mostly vacant land on three separate sites near the Fox River.
Dining | Bring your appetite as suburban Restaurant Weeks continueWhile Chicago Restaurant Week has garnered a lot of attention over the past week -- it continues through Sunday, Feb. 5 -- other suburbs such as Geneva, Naperville and Wheaton are tempting taste buds with their own Restaurant Weeks happening now.
News | St. Cecilia, St. Colette will be consolidated into one parishSt. Cecilia Church in Mount Prospect and St. Colette Church in Rolling Meadows will be consolidated into one parish starting July 1, the Archdiocese of Chicago announced Thursday. Both church buildings will continue to host regular Masses but will have only one pastor and pastoral team.
McHenry County | McHenry County state's attorney files lawsuit claiming new Illinois gun ban violates 2nd AmendmentThe McHenry County State's Attorney's Office is challenging the constitutionality of Illinois' new ban on high-powered weapons and high-capacity magazines in a lawsuit filed Thursday, joining a number of other groups, businesses and officials across the state seeking to overturn the law.
Columns | Arkush: Decision to trade No. 1 overall pick should be an easy one for Bears GM PolesHub Arkush says it's a no-brainer as to whether the Bears should deal their No. 1 draft pick or not. The Bears list of needs is long and dealing away for as many picks as possible is the smart play.
News | How sweet it is: Crumbl Cookies opening in Glen EllynA Wheaton couple will open the latest location of Crumbl Cookies in Glen Ellyn. The TikTok-friendly store will offer a rotating selection of photogenic cookies that are "made to be shared."
News | Japanese robotics firm aims to launch warehouse revolution from SchaumburgA Tokyo-based company seeking to revolutionize the efficiency of warehouses around the world through the assistance of skilled robots is taking its first steps in Schaumburg.
Crime | Case against father of Highland Park mass shooting suspect could take months before trialThe case against the father of the Highland Park mass shooting suspect won't go to trial until the lengthy evidence discovery process in his son's case is complete, prosecutors said at a hearing Thursday.
Chicago | Officials: Deadly Chicago high-rise blaze caused by careless smokerChicago authorities said Thursday that a deadly fire in a high-rise apartment building was caused by someone smoking in a bedroom.
Crime | Illinois attorney general contests 'badly flawed' ruling that blocked end of cash bailThe Illinois attorney general's office on Thursday filed its opening argument with the state's highest court as it seeks to overturn a judge's ruling that found parts of the controversial SAFE-T Act unconstitutional.
- 9:00 PM5 Memphis cops charged with murder as DA calls them 'all responsible' for Tyre Nichols' death
- 4:48 PMDrabik promoted to senior biologist, Fehr Graham
- 4:37 PMPLZ Corp. names Finley chief executive officer
- 4:32 PMM. Holland Co. restructures leadership team
- 4:27 PMPulse Technology promotes Miceli to service manager
More Suburban News Find your community
- Round LakePolice: Impaired driver caused crash that killed Round Lake man, son
- AuroraTwo Aurora men charged in carjacking
- BataviaBatavia police investigating west-side car burglaries
- ElginElgin museum to honor late educator "Miss Marge" Saturday
- SchaumburgMcHenry County man charged with leaving the scene of I-90 crash near Schaumburg
- LibertyvillePakosta sworn in as Libertyville fire chief
- EducationGeneva school district promoting assistant superintendent to top job
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows wants 'attractive gateway' to any Bears stadium, so no cars outside for body shop
- Mount Prospect'If you see something, call 911': Mount Prospect police meet with residents after pair of shootings
- Wheeling'A huge deal for Wheeling': Rosebud Steakhouse coming to Uptown 500 complex
- Commercial Real EstateNorthbrook board OKs luxury apartments, retail space for Grainger site
- Girls' BasketballCarmel cruises to win on senior night
- 7:28 PMRoselle Public Library District holds referendum info sessions
- 7:13 PMPianist Albert Cano Smit joins Elgin Symphony Orchestra for Beethoven's 'Emperor' Concerto Feb. 4-5
- 3:42 PMSecond woman to become Rotary International president
- 3:30 PMHarper College to host first Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration
- 3:10 PMNorthern Illinois Food Bank launches innovative food finder map
- 2:49 PMParents invited to visit District 54 open enrollment schools
- 12:36 PMAddison leaders report on issues and field questions at the 16th Shape of Addison
- 12:45 AMThe Land Conservancy of McHenry County hosts nature photo contest for amateur photographers
Inside Daily Herald