News | Rose Garden Cafe moving to old Sweet Baby Ray's building in Elk Grove Village
Rose Garden Cafe -- the long-standing Elk Grove Village family-owned diner known for its steak and eggs, pancakes and Grecian specialties -- will move down the street to the building that housed the recently closed Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue.
Bears | One drive, but Bears' starters leave with the lead in SeattleJustin Fields led the Bears to a field goal on the first offensive drive, then took a seat while the Bears rolled to a very inconclusive preseason victory at Seattle on Thursday.
Bears | One possession speaks volumes for Bears TE Cole KmetQB Justin Fields targeted Kmet on each of the first two plays.
News | Sale of loan tied to site of Allgauer's restaurant could be a big deal on a distressed hotelA distressed loan tied to Hilton Chicago Northbrook, where Allgauer's restaurant is located, has gone up for sale, setting up what could be a chance for a buyer to seize control of the property. A sale of the mortgage would mark one of the biggest deals involving a distressed local hotel since the beginning of the pandemic.
News | Hit it! Why Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi are heading to Joliet Prison this weekendFor years, officials at the Old Joliet Prison have heard the same refrain from "Blues Brothers" fans: "How cool would it be to get Dan Aykroyd here?" That moment arrives Friday night when Aykroyd and Wheaton's Jim Belushi take the stage in the prison yard.
Crime | Judge appears willing to unveil some of Mar-a-Lago affidavitA federal judge on Thursday ordered the Justice Department to put forward proposed redactions as he committed to making public at least part of the affidavit supporting the search warrant for former President Donald Trump's estate in Florida.
Crime | Police sergeant facing felony charges over off-duty altercation with Park Ridge teenA Chicago police sergeant is facing felony charges of official misconduct and aggravated battery stemming from an off-duty altercation with a teenager last month outside a Starbucks in Park Ridge, authorities said Thursday.
News | 'A giant in our community': Antioch remembers former Mayor Michael HaleyLongtime Antioch resident and former Mayor Michael J. Haley is being remembered as a champion of the community whose impact still is evident.
Kane County | Kane Co. health director says worst of the pandemic is over as schools openKane County public health officials did not raise fears over the potential for more COVID outbreaks as schools reopen this week despite the county remaining in a "high" level of community transmission.
Chicago | Woman describes frequent abuse by R. Kelly before she was 18A woman who has been central to R. Kelly's legal troubles for more than two decades testified Thursday that the R&B singer sexually abused her "hundreds" of times before she turned 18 years old, starting when she was 15.
Crime | Bartlett man sentenced to 50 years in prison for security guard's murderA Bartlett man was sentenced to 50 years in prison for shooting a man to death near Bloomingdale.
Politics | GOP rallies at State Fair to 'Restore Illinois'Illinois Republicans gathered for their annual day at the State Fair on Thursday to showcase their candidates in the Nov. 8 election, vowing that the party will "restore Illinois."
- 2:30 AMPrince William charity invests in bank tied to fossil fuels
- 1:32 AMEurope weather: 5 dead, including 2 girls, in Austria storms
- 1:18 AMAustralia upset at Indonesia reducing Bali bomber's sentence
- 1:02 AMBomb threats put tiny Moldova, Ukraine's neighbor, on edge
- 12:51 AMAsian markets mixed after Wall St gains on jobs data
More Suburban News Find your community
- LibertyvilleFlood control project involves excavation of Libertyville park
- AntiochCoroner: Antioch man likely died of natural causes before SUV vs. tree crash
- CrimeElmhurst man charged with child pornography possession
- PalatineLittle City breaks ground in Palatine on new group homes for children
- WaucondaPolice: Boy brought gun to Wauconda High School
- Lake VillaRound Lake man dead after Lake Villa motorcycle crash
- Lake in the HillsLake in the Hills police say department needs a new $22M headquarters
- South ElginSouth Elgin's End of Summer Music Fling set for Saturday
- Prep Football2022 season preview: Scouting the North Suburban Conference
- Prep Football2022 season preview: Scouting the West Suburban Conference
- ElginLearn about social service agencies and clubs in Elgin Township
- Hoffman Estates'It's serious. We're on it': How Hoffman Estates is addressing rise in crime on north side
- 7:51 PMLombard police join 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' campaign Aug. 19 to Sept. 6
- 7:26 PMChicago Scots to host the 21st annual Kilted Classic golf tournament Sept. 29
- 5:13 PMAurora City Council continues discussion on new ward map; vote set for Aug. 23
- 1:17 PMBloomingdale-Roselle Rotary hosts 'Drinks for Everyone' fundraiser Aug. 28
- 12:51 PMVilla Park's Brewfest returns Oct. 1 featuring over 80 styles of craft beer and hard cider
- 10:10 AMLibertyville homeless shelter shows gratitude to supporters
- 10:02 AMNew Passive Building Residence designed for 2329 Walters in Northbrook
- 9:54 AMElk Grove High School brings summer camp to kids to foster a love for reading
Overhead volleyball, sychronized from jumping and 91 beagles fill The Week in Pictures photo gallery for August 8-14, 2022.
Inside Daily Herald