Politics | New state law might scrub Elk Grove term limits referendum
A bill signed last Friday by Gov. J.B. Pritzker may scrub the term limits referendum in Elk Grove Village, but the attorney for the petition drive says the new law is unconstitutional.
News | 'It's beyond miraculous': World's largest steam locomotive, Big Boy No. 4014, coming to West ChicagoUnion Pacific's historic Big Boy steam locomotive No. 4014 is rolling through the suburbs and stopping Friday afternoon in West Chicago. For train enthusiasts, many of whom never thought they'd see a Big Boy run again, "it's beyond miraculous."
DuPage County | Bartlett man charged with punching Jewel grocery bagger with special needsA Bartlett man is accused of punching and kicking a grocery store bagger.
News | Why it won't be free to enter Naperville's Last FlingGetting into anything other than the carnival at the Last Fling festival this Labor Day weekend in Naperville will come with a $10 cost.
DuPage County | How do you stock a 3,500-gallon tank full of fish at the DuPage County Fair?Fish ecologist Dan Grigas had one morning of fishing to stock a 3,500-gallon tank for a popular educational exhibit returning to the DuPage County Fair, which begins Wednesday.
Politics | Roskam on being in the private sector: 'The season for me in public life, I think, has come to a close'In his old job as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives for the 6th Congressional District, Republican Peter Roskam worked on health care, trade and tax matters. In his new job as a partner in the Government Strategies group at the law firm Sidley Austin LLP, Roskam says he'll again work on health care, trade and tax matters -- just from a different perspective.
News | Lawsuit: Carpentersville HR manager fired for probing 'vulgar' remarks by village presidentCarpentersville's former human resources director has sued the village, arguing he was fired in retaliation for investigating "numerous vulgar, gender specific remarks" made by Village President John Skillman in front of the female village clerk in 2017.
Crime | Aurora won't start enforcement against child sex offenders staying at church mission -- for nowAurora won't start enforcement against child sex offenders staying at church mission, for now, while suit proceeds.
Kane County | Paroled murderer pleads guilty to reduced charge in strip club dancer stalking caseAn Oswego man on parole for a 1993 murder who was arrested on charges he stalked a dancer at an Elgin-area strip club in early 2013 has pleaded guilty to a reduced charge.
News | Sixth crash this year where Pingree Grove wants to install traffic lightA woman and two young children didn't suffer any major injuries Tuesday in a crash at an intersection in Pingree Grove where the village has been waiting for state approval for a traffic light, officials said.
News | McSweeney returns legislative pay raise, hopes others will followRepublican state Rep. David McSweeney of Barrington Hills says he hopes to lead by example in returning his recent legislative pay increase, even though outright refusal of it can't be done in Illinois.
Politics | Chicago leaders helped slow ICE roundup that netted 35 arrests out of 2,100 soughtAn immigration enforcement operation that President Donald Trump said was part of an effort to deport "millions" of people from the United States resulted in 35 arrests, officials said Tuesday.
- 8:53 PMImmigration roundup that targeted 2,100 nets 35 arrests
- 8:44 PMThe Latest: New Zealand set to talk free trade with Johnson
- 8:20 PMMueller takes the TV stage; Democrats hope America tunes in
- 8:04 PMDiplomats' brain scans show differences, add to Cuba mystery
- 7:57 PMRussian boxer, 28, dies after suffering brain injury in ring
More Suburban News Find your community
- AuroraBicyclist killed in Aurora hit-and-run
- EducationContract shows District 21 superintendent gets 6.3% raise
- ItascaDuPage panel supports proposed drug treatment facility; will Itasca leaders?
- BloomingdaleBloomingdale could become latest town to ban recreational cannabis sales
- Glendale HeightsFormer Glendale Heights man gets 30 years for sexual assault
- Lake BluffChicago man gets 17 years for Lake Bluff cellphone store robbery
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates approves three advisory referendums for March 2020 ballot
- PalatinePalatine police say accused shooter seized in Mexico
- ElginProsecutors: Hoffman Estates man sexually assaulted female ride-share driver
- MundeleinMundelein board approves 10-acre annexation
- GenevaFunding lined up for long-awaited East State widening in Geneva
- LibertyvilleLibertyville Little League Baseball starting adult league
- 8:41 PMElgin's First Congregational Church to celebrate retiring minister July 28
- 8:04 PMAurora's Dominican Literacy Center caps 25th anniversary celebration with 'Mystery' retreat
- 7:51 PMGeneva Arts Fair this weekend to close South Third Street
- 7:47 PM'Proverbial Opera' summer sermon series continues July 28
- 7:30 PMCOD offers new field studies trip to the Middle East this January
- 7:27 PMCollege of DuPage announces Visiting Artist Series for 2019-2020
- 7:15 PMFrontier Sports Complex's east parking lot to close for repairs in August
- 7:09 PMWheaton nonprofit to receive $5,000 grant from Illinois Bar Foundation
Inside Daily Herald