Special Report | 'Due diligence': Naperville mayor defends meeting with Bears about stadium possibilities
The Naperville City Council met Tuesday for the first time since Mayor Scott Wehrli sat down with Chicago Bears President Kevin Warren to discuss the possibility of building a stadium in Naperville. And Wehrli defended his Bears meeting.
Crime | Police: Man found shot to death in vehicle in Oak BrookOak Brook police are investigating a murder of a man found shot to death inside a vehicle on the village's west side.
Columns | 'Not all that unusual' but quick drought for suburbs: What you should do with fire, your lawnThough a moderate drought is not uncommon for the suburbs, the dry weather leading to this year's conditions is: Last month was the Chicago area's fourth-driest May on record. Impacts have been limited so far, but experts say the weather could be further cause for agricultural and ecological concern if we don't see enough rain in the coming months.
Manufacturing | Business that doesn't pass neighbors' smell test is suing Mount ProspectA livestock feed manufacturer that has stirred up odor complaints from neighbors over the past four years is suing Mount Prospect to stop the village from taking steps that could lead its closing.
Transportation | After a 2-month respite, Long Grove's iconic bridge struck twiceAfter a bit of a breather, Long Grove's historic bridge is beginning once again to take a pounding. It recently sustained a one-two punch, first on Friday and again on Monday.
Education | District 25 launches search for Bein's successorThe Arlington Heights Elementary District 25 board has launched a search for the successor to Superintendent Lori Bein, who is set to retire about a year from now.
Crime | Buffalo Grove officials working to resolve inoperative cameras at train stationA Buffalo Grove man whose catalytic converter was stolen recently from the Buffalo Grove train station parking lot told village board members he is concerned after learning from a police officer that the station's security cameras are not working.
Crime | Defense hopes to exclude more statements made to police in 1972 Naperville murder caseAn attorney for a Minnesota man charged in the 1972 killing of a Naperville teenager is seeking to suppress statements he made to authorities at a Minnesota police station.
News | Family members, first responders lauded for saving two Hoffman Estates men with CPRWomen from different families helped save the lives of two loved ones in Hoffman Estates on the same day this spring by practicing the CPR instructions they received from emergency dispatchers.
News | Contracts for 2nd net-zero building on Lake County forest board agendaA $4.8 million, net-zero energy building is expected to be part of major improvements at the Lakewood Forest Preserve near Wauconda.
Business | New ice cream shop in Algonquin has a focus on communityAlgonquin's newest ice cream shop may look like another small local ice cream option from the outside, but owner Mariangela Bolognini said its focus on community makes it stand out.
Music | Festivals June 9-15: Chicago Blues Fest, Rails to Victory, Mundelein Craft Beer Fest and moreIf you haven't made it to an outdoor concert, movie in the park, cruise night or festival yet, there are variety of options happening across the suburbs this week. The best part? Most are free to attend.
- 8:40 AMGebrüder Weiss wins national Excellence in Customer Service Award
- 8:04 AMWhite woman who fatally shot Black neighbor is arrested in Florida
- 7:16 AMUN judges declare elderly Rwandan genocide suspect unfit to stand trial due to dementia
- 7:16 AMRishi Sunak goes to Washington with Ukraine, economy and AI on agenda for Biden meeting
- 7:16 AMCanada wildfires are leading to air-quality alerts in US. Here's how to stay safe
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- NewsMan drowns in Woodridge pond
- NapervilleNaperville man accused of throwing rocks at seniors, beating one with lumber
- BataviaBatavia officials express concern about bike safety
- GurneeDriver charged in Gurnee-area crash that ejected 2 passengers
- St. CharlesSt. Charles City Council creates Equity and Inclusion Commission, appoints members
- NapervilleRibbon-cutting scheduled for Springbrook Golf Course
- GenevaLearn more about Geneva road projects at two meetings
- Des PlainesFoxtail on the Lake in line to receive $750,000 from Des Plaines
- NewsHanding over a mile of lakeshore: Openlands group giving its preserve by Fort Sheridan to county
- Oak BrookOak Brook police search for missing man with autism
- Oakbrook TerraceNo more red-light cameras on Route 83 in Oakbrook Terrace, judge rules
- PalatinePalatine detective earns national honor for preventing teen's victimization
- 9:18 AMOakton College administrator, faculty and staff recognized for excellence in professional development
- 9:10 AMUChicago Medicine expands specialty women's health clinic with location in Chicago's Northern suburbs
- 12:03 AMThree local churches to partner for Aurora Pride parade June 11
- 11:49 PMAurora church opens outdoor summer worship series
- 11:37 PM'It's hard to leave': Aurora church celebrates 10-year ministry of departing pastor with weekend send-offs
- 11:05 PMRosary Sports Boosters to hold annual golf outing Aug. 25
- 10:53 PMGeneva approves new garbage contract
- 10:41 PMMcHenry Democrats host a Flag Day celebration June 14
Inside Daily Herald