Crime | Trump stored, showed off and refused to return classified documents, indictment says
Donald Trump improperly stored in his Florida estate sensitive documents on nuclear capabilities, repeatedly enlisted aides and lawyers to help him hide records demanded by investigators, and cavalierly showed off a Pentagon "plan of attack" and classified map, according to a sweeping felony indictment that paints a damning portrait of the former president's treatment of national security information.
Education | 9 suburban high schools make list of Top 50 in the nationStevenson High School heads nine suburban high schools in a ranking of the Top 50 public schools in the U.S.
Lake County | Link finally admits he wore a wire for fedsFormer state Sen. Terry Link publicly acknowledged for the first time this week that he'd worn a wire to secretly record a fellow lawmaker in 2019.
Special Report | Naperville mayor, councilman hold second meeting with Bears officialsIn a sign of deepening ties between the city of Naperville and the Chicago Bears, Mayor Scott Wehrli participated in a second meeting with team officials -- this time with Councilman Benny White -- to discuss building an NFL stadium in Naperville rather than Arlington Heights.
Prep Sports | Baseball: Rams making Grayslake community proud by reaching 3A state title gameThere will be no call to "Play Ball" for youth baseball Saturday in Grayslake.
Business | New pizzeria brings steampunk vibe, attitude to ElginRogue's Corner, a steampunk-themed pizza restaurant, will open Tuesday at 109 E. Highland Ave. in the former home of Red Poppy Bistro. The same ownership team from that restaurant, husband and wife Matthew Habib and Jennifer Polit, are at the helm again.
Politics | Illinois adopts new LGBTQ+ protectionsGov. J.B. Pritzker on Friday signed into law two measures aimed at safeguarding the rights of LGBTQ+ people as other states move in the opposite direction, just days after the Human Rights Campaign declared a state of emergency for LGBTQ+ Americans.
Commercial Real Estate | Des Plaines seeking tenants for downtown building that once was a Masonic templeDes Plaines officials are seeking tenants for the former Leela Arts Center and Masonic temple building.
Transportation | FAA promises to keep working on O'Hare noise imbalanceFAA officials address concerns about excessive use of O'Hare's south airfield, which is causing a jet din for residents.
Crime | Sex offender from Des Plaines attacked a teenager in May, police sayA registered sex offender from Des Plaines was arrested again after DNA evidence tied him to the May kidnapping and rape of a teenager in that suburb, authorities said Friday.
Education | How a South Elgin graduate is moving beyond a marred momentSouth Elgin High School graduate Stephanie Pedroza looks forward to her future and is optimstic change is in store as it relates to the regalia students can wear at graduation.
News | Red-winged blackbirds aren't attacking you. They're just protecting their nesting areaIn June, red-winged blackbirds boldly divebomb anyone who gets too close their nesting area. Here's how to stay on their good side.
- 3:13 PMFamilies scramble for food and dry places to sleep after a dam collapses in Russian-occupied Ukraine
- 3:09 PMThe U.S. and Canada saw dangerous smoke this week. It's a routine peril for many countries
- 2:26 PMRocket ship park in St. Charles gets updated equipment
- 2:03 PMTens of thousands rally against Serbia's populist leader, warn of protest 'radicalization'
- 1:23 PMWhite House: Iran is helping Russia build a drone factory east of Moscow for the war in Ukraine
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- HuntleyHuntley police subdue 'out of control' man
- WheatonNew trail joins DuPage forest preserve biking network with Wheaton neighborhood
- Kane CountyKane County quarry neighbors fear expansion of operating hours
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect man accused of firing shots into the air
- CrimeArmed robbery reported in Park Ridge
- BataviaOpen house Monday for ideas for new Batavia parks center
- Lake ZurichLake Zurich resident working to bring technology companies to town
- Prep SportsSoftball: Lemont powers past Benet in Class 3A semifinal
- Prep SportsBaseball: York tripped up by defending champ Edwardsville in Class 4A semifinal
- Prep SportsSoftball: Antioch makes school history, sets up state rematch with Lemont
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Tyra King, DuPage County All-Area Captain
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Brooke Brown, Cook County All-Area Captain
- 9:04 PMBenton Street Summer Concert Series brings music, food and drinks to downtown Woodstock
- 5:41 PMArtist Series presents 'What's More American Than Broadway' with Mark Olen
- 5:27 PMCollege of DuPage, Concordia University offer EMS students pathway for career advancement in health care leadership
- 1:46 PMCarol Stream Park District commissioner trains at statewide seminar
- 12:21 PMOne Hope United raises over $155,000 to further support its mission
- 10:31 AMHanover Township receives $35,000 in grant funding for seniors
- 9:32 AMSummer registration hours for students new to District 54 schools
- 9:30 AMOakton students head to Ghana for unique learning experience
Inside Daily Herald