Business | Bed Bath & Beyond stores in Geneva, Crystal Lake, Wilmette now slated to close
More Bed Bath & Beyond stores in the Chicago area are closing, including in Geneva, Crystal Lake and Wilmette, the home goods chain quietly revealed by posting a new list of 87 stores nationwide that it is shutting down.
Entertainment | Woodstock Willie says bundle up, six more weeks of winter is on its wayGroans of disappointment filled air Thursday morning as it was announced Woodstock Willie had spotted his shadow, signaling six more weeks of winter.
Business | Hoffman Estates preparing for influx of high-end apartment proposalsHoffman Estates officials are readying themselves for an increased demand for high-end apartments and townhouses.
Special Report | In documentary, DePaul filmmakers explore Bears' possible move to Arlington HeightsRyan Deitch was only a sophomore film student at DePaul University when his curiosity was piqued about the Bears' possible move to Arlington Heights, and he set out to film a documentary about it.
News | A 50 degree swing in temperatures? Below zero temps tonight, warmer this weekendA big swing in temperatures is expected this weekend after a significant cool down tonight.
Politics | Amid 'unprecedented' prolonged revenue boom, state finds budget breathing roomSustained higher-than-predicted state tax revenues have in recent months given lawmakers a level of budgeting flexibility that is, at least in modern times, without precedent in a state with a reputation for perilous finances. For the current fiscal year and the one before it, that's led to another uncommon Capitol occurrence: budget surpluses in the billions of dollars.
News | Introducing a new and improved way to engage with our contentToday, we're rolling out a new and improved way to engage with our content and with other readers at dailyherald.com where you can expect more lively and civil discussions.
News | Naperville man struck by car, killed near Edward HospitalA Naperville man was struck by a car and killed Wednesday afternoon near Edward Hospital, police said. The 77-year-old man, who hasn't been identified pending family notification, was crossing Brom Drive at Martin Avenue around 12:50 p.m. when he was hit by an SUV driven by a 48-year-old man from Romeoville, according to a news release from the Naperville Police Department. The SUV driver was not hurt.
Columns | End of an era: Oak Brook's First Folio Theatre bids farewellFirst Folio Theatre co-founder David Rice and his late wife, Alison C. Vesely, made their dream a reality when they founded the Oak Brook theater company 26 years ago. On Feb. 26, when its current production closes, the award-winning theater will become a memory.
Business | 'Surviving is winning': Tom's Market in Warrenville endures through tough timesSqueezed between corporate grocery chains and discount retailers, Tom's Market in Warrenville leans on the dedication of owners Nick Kostopoulos and Rob Perri, and the loyalty of customers to survive.
Business | Mexican eatery Hacienda Real to open in Geneva SundayMexican eatery and cocktail lounge Hacienda Real is set to open in Geneva Commons Sunday. The restaurant will offer a seasonally rotating menu of craft cocktails and Mexican entrées featuring contemporary takes on traditional family recipes.
Crime | Owners of Huntley Dairy Mart accused of growing psychedelic mushrooms; one faces child porn chargesA Crystal Lake couple listed as the owners of the popular Huntley Dairy Mart restaurant and ice cream shop face charges alleging they ran a psychedelic mushroom-growing operation in their home's basement, court records show.
More Suburban News Find your community
- GenevaMan gets 3½ years in prison for punching woman in Geneva bar
- NapervilleNaperville man struck by car, killed near Edward Hospital
- WheatonDowntown Wheaton apartment complex sold to JVM Realty
- DuPage County3 charged with stealing $1,668 in perfume from Walgreens store, fleeing police
- EducationCary-Grove Principal Lesinski named new Dist. 155 superintendent
- SchaumburgBillboard, hot dog stand's days are numbered as Schaumburg closes on purchase of eyesore site
- CrimeGlenview man charged in attempted kidnapping of student getting off bus
- Buffalo GroveLongtime Buffalo Grove police leader retires after 34-year career
- NapervilleIndivisible Naperville hosting candidate forum Feb. 22
- PalatinePalatine winter brush collection begins Monday
- Round Lake ParkPop-up food giveaway Saturday in Round Lake Park
- BarringtonBarrington-area economic summit set for Wednesday
- 10:11 AMCelebrate Black History month with CLC
- 10:04 AMWheeling Township Serves Needs Throughout the Community
- 9:49 AMPalatine Chamber Women in Business Group Offers Scholarships
- 12:38 AMGala fundraiser to help CASA Kane County 'Be the Lighthouse in a Child's Storm'
- 11:41 PMElmhurst Children's Theatre celebrates 15 years of comedy with 'Unintentionally Hilarious'
- 10:50 PMElgin High School hosts its annual National Biodiversity Teach-In, 10 years after launch of student-led event
- 10:44 PMMaine East and Maine South high schools take top honors at Student Silent Film Festival
- 2:04 PMLibertyville Rotary's fundraiser features The Second City
Inside Daily Herald