Special Report | Arlington Heights mayor calls accusations of coziness with Bears 'offensive'
Arlington Heights village officials shot down accusations this week that they are getting a little too cozy with the Chicago Bears in the NFL franchise's pursuit of a massive stadium and redevelopment project at Arlington Park.
Politics | Des Plaines school board member says schools shouldn't celebrate Columbus DayA Des Plaines Elementary School District 62 board member who's seeking reelection said educators need to "fix our history books" and stop honoring Christopher Columbus' expeditions to the Americas.
Bulls | Bulls buddies: Williams, White bring Carolina cool to the locker roomCoby White and Patrick Williams are probably the closest friends inside the Bulls' locker room. They known each other for a long time, since both grew up in North Carolina, and both are trying to accelerate their path to becoming winning NBA players.
Kane County | Kane County GOP sees $2M grant as Democratic election interferenceKane County Republicans are rallying to block a $2 million grant they believe is a Trojan horse that will introduce Democratic influence into how local elections are run.
College Sports | Jim O'Donnell: Sampson and Houston vs. Alabama for the NCAA title would sour the SweetJim O'Donnell says it wouldn't be a good look for the NCAA national championship game to feature either slide-and-hide programs of Houston and Alabama. That would not be recommended family viewing on CBS.
Commercial Real Estate | Proposal for marijuana shop near Buffalo Grove High School faces oppositionA proposal for a recreational marijuana dispensary near Buffalo Grove High School is drawing fire from students, the high school's principal and village board members.
News | Schaumburg considers $1,000 'inflation relief' payments for full-time workersHaving recently approved $150 rebates for every owner-occupied household in the village, Schaumburg officials now are considering $1,000 payments for full-time employees and $500 payments for part-timers to help them bear the impacts of inflation.
Commercial Real Estate | Self-storage facility to replace pet store at Arlington Heights' Golf Road entrywayA gateway site to Arlington Heights that was long home to a pet food shop and shelter care home will make way for a new self-storage facility.
Crime | Police make arrests in armed robberies at casino, grocery storeArrests have been made following robberies at Rivers Casino in Des Plaines and a grocery store in Park Ridge that could be related, police said Tuesday.
News | Judson's World Leader Forum celebrates Olympian who inspired 'Chariots of Fire'James MacMillan and Robert Haldane Smith celebrated the legacy of Olympian and Christian missionary Eric Liddell on Tuesday during the Judson University World Leaders Forum in Elgin. Liddell's feats at the 1924 Paris Olympics inspired the Academy Award-winning film "Chariots of Fire."
Commercial Real Estate | Housing, auto dealership highlight new plan for long-vacant Rohrman site in Buffalo GroveThe developer who revitalized the southwest corner of Milwaukee Avenue and Deerfield Parkway in Buffalo Grove hopes to do the same for the long-vacant former Rohrman auto dealership property on the other side of town.
Business | Tribella Bar and Grill in Batavia to close its doors SundayAfter 26 years of being in business, Tribella Bar and Grill in Batavia will be taking its last orders on Sunday.
- 4:26 PMJacqueline Dye: 2023 candidate for Bensenville Elementary District 2 board
- 3:48 PMJohn Baar: 2023 candidate for Butler Elementary District 53 board
- 3:23 PMAGI to deliver 2,000th grain dryer
- 3:23 PMCary D. Lewis: 2023 candidate for Fenton High School District 100 board
- 2:57 PMPowerful Pacific tempest clobbers storm-battered California
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- CrimePolice investigating armed robbery outside Arlington Heights motel
- NewsFour incumbents face two challengers in race for four seats on the Stevenson District 125 board
- Sugar GroveSugar Grove Village Board candidates sound off on development during forum
- Lake ZurichTwo developers eyeing long-vacant downtown Lake Zurich property
- BusinessNow licensed companies can serve alcohol at catered events in Arlington Heights
- SchaumburgSchaumburg GOP to hold meet-and-greet for April 4 election candidates
- Vernon HillsVernon Hills to honor local veterans with banners
- BartlettBartlett resident appointed to Wayne Township board
- WheelingConstruction of new Wheeling fire station to cost about $7.7 million
- Des PlainesDes Plaines tentatively expands backyard chicken program
- Des PlainesTeen arrested by police investigating street racing in Des Plaines
- Prep SportsBaseball: Sycamore knocks off Burlington Central
- 3:01 PMRegistration open for District 214 College Fair
- 11:42 AMAugustana Choir's spring tour to make stops in Naperville and Arlington Heights
- 11:22 AMNaperville's Our Saviour's Lutheran extends warm welcome for Holy Week and Easter services
- 10:20 AMEight New Volunteer Advocates Join CASA Lake County to Fight Child Abuse
- 8:47 AMSchool resource officers to be present in CCSD21 schools
- 8:44 AMStudents Qualify for Nationals after DECA State Competition
- 12:14 AMLaudamus choir tour comes to Batavia and Wheaton churches
- 11:13 PMWheaton's Gary UMC to offer special Holy Week worship
Inside Daily Herald