News | Palatine condo complex fire ruled accidental, likely related to smoking
Palatine fire investigators have determined the fire at a building in the Windhaven condominium complex was accidental and likely caused by improper disposal of smoking materials.
Education | 'The perfect fit': Benedictine University to welcome new presidentThe interim leader of a private women's college in Wisconsin will become the next president of Benedictine University, officials at the Lisle-based school announced Tuesday.
Education | 'A positive sign': Community colleges see continued enrollment growthFor the second semester in a row, community colleges saw year-over-year enrollment growth.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews admits career may be winding downWith his career possibly winding down, Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is trying like mad to play in at least one of the team's final games.
Politics | Consumer advocates call on regulators to reject rate increases for natural gasConsumer advocates, environmentalists and Chicago residents gathered in front of the Chicago offices of Peoples Gas this week to call on the Illinois Commerce Commission to reject a proposed rate increase from the gas utility.
Crime | Cabdriver convicted of sexually assaulting customer in NapervilleA taxi driver was found guilty Tuesday of sexually assaulting a passenger in Naperville.
Transportation | Secretary of state backs standard driver's licenses for noncitizensThe Illinois House advanced a measure last week that would allow noncitizen residents who are currently eligible for a "temporary visitor driver's license" to instead obtain a "standard" driver's license that can be used as identification. Secretary of State Alexi Giannoulias supports the plan, which is sponsored by Aurora Democrat Barbara Hernandez.
News | Batavia police mourning death of officerBatavia police are mourning the death of officer Joe Gudella.
Politics | Former congresswoman named new CEO at Little CityFormer U.S. Rep Marie Newman has been hired as the new CEO of Little City, a Palatine based agency that provides services to people with developmental and intellectual disabilties.
Commercial Real Estate | Gas station proposed for former Garden Fresh Plaza site in WheelingA gas station, car wash and convenience store has been proposed for vacant land in Wheeling where a shopping center once stood.
Music | Naperville Jaycees Last Fling announces packed lineup of musical actsOrganizers from the Naperville Jaycees Last Fling, which will take place Labor Day weekend in downtown Naperville, announced a packed lineup of musical acts for this year's event.
Crime | Lake in the Hills residents charged in Hoffman Estates bike shop robberyA man and a woman from Lake in the Hills have been charged in Monday's robbery of a Hoffman Estates bike store, the Hoffman Estates Police Department announced Tuesday.
- 8:19 PM40 dead in fire at Mexico migrant center near US border; video shows guards walking away
- 8:14 PMPortugal: Refugee held as suspect in Muslim center stabbings
- 8:13 PMIsrael tensions ease as Netanyahu pauses judicial overhaul
- 7:31 PMPolice, sheriffs to increase enforcement of distracted driving laws in April
- 7:30 PMKaneland High tours offered ahead of referendum on bond issue
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- DuPage CountyDuPage County Health Department Director Karen Ayala retiring June 30
- InglesideMonday night Ingleside fire leaves house uninhabitable
- AlgonquinFirefighter suffers minor injury while battling Algonquin blaze
- Prep FootballFootball: Grayslake Central, Elk Grove, Conant announce new coaches
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Two more MSL coaching icons stepping down
- Prep SportsMinnesota commit Skroch's sharp outing leads Yorkville past Marmion
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles North's bats come alive in win at Prospect
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Jacobs offense breaks through in 4-0 win over Larkin
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Raschke, Machala strike twice apiece, St. Charles East rolls past Burlington Central
- Prep SportsBaseball: Leyden stays home, knocks off Maine East
- Prep SportsBaseball: Bakes' blast lifts Huntley to 1-0 win over Maine South
- Prep SportsDuPage County baseball notes: Wheaton Academy taking different approach to spring trip
- 12:12 AMWorld War II vet turning 100 reflects on century at the frontlines of America
- 6:04 PMElgin Youth Symphony Orchestras to host concerts in Naperville and Elgin April 1-2
- 2:49 PMLittle City names Marie Newman new chief executive officer
- 2:36 PMHarper College's Career Forward event to inspire, connect adults to opportunity
- 1:11 PMCLC's literary arts magazine 'Prairie Voices' wins second-place award
- 1:02 PMElgin Symphony Orchestra to perform Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4 at concerts April 1-2
- 8:53 AMThirteen Merrill Wealth Management Advisors named to 2023 Forbes 'Top Women Wealth Advisors Best-in-State' list
- 2:54 PMWheeling Township can help with home heating bills
Inside Daily Herald