- 'Get vaccinated -- or wear a mask until you do': Vaccinated can largely ditch masks, CDC says
- 'Kind of nervous but excited': Elgin girl the first 12-year-old vaccinated at Sherman Hospital
- Got a question or story idea? Email Us
Illinois | What you need to know about COVID-19 restrictions easing Friday in the 'Bridge Phase'
As Illinois moves to the "Bridge Phase" of the state's COVID-19 reopening plan, business capacity and crowd sizes become the least restrictive they've been in more than a year. Here's how that works.
News | 'Get vaccinated -- or wear a mask until you do': Vaccinated can largely ditch masks, CDC saysIn a major step toward returning to pre-pandemic life, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention eased mask-wearing guidance for fully vaccinated people on Thursday, allowing them to stop wearing masks outdoors in crowds and in most indoor settings.
News | 'Kind of nervous but excited': Elgin girl the first 12-year-old vaccinated at Sherman HospitalGeneva Dadabo of Elgin on Thursday was the first 12-year-old to get the COVID-19 vaccine at Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin. The hospital had 101 appointments scheduled on the first day that age group was eligible to be vaccinated.
News | Six Flags donates 50,000 free tickets to encourage youths to get vaccinesSix Flags Great America is offering 50,000 free tickets to anyone getting vaccinated as part of a partnership with Illinois intended to spur vaccinations among younger teenagers, who were authorized this week to receive the Pfizer/BioNTech version of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Prep Sports | IHSA: Boys volleyball, boys lacrosse will now have a full state tournament seriesThe Illinois High School Association board of directors voted virtually on Wednesday to conduct full postseason state series tournaments in boys lacrosse and boys volleyball.
Transportation | Small plane makes emergency landing on I-355A small aircraft landed on Interstate 355 near New Lenox Thursday morning after experiencing engine trouble.
DuPage County | DuPage County to seek proposals for new election equipmentDuPage County is in the market for new voting equipment that its top election official says would replace an outdated system and make the entire process "better and faster."
Kane County | Kane County fires another human resources directorKane County Board members fired the executive director of the county's human resources office Thursday. It's the second such director to leave under a dark cloud.
News | Two Barrington restaurants want to start serving liquorAfter surviving a really rough year for the restaurant industry, two eateries in Barrington are looking forward with plans to obtain liquor licenses.
Music | Report: Lollapalooza will return this yearLollapalooza is expected to return in full force this summer, according to a report in Variety.
News | Student club poster at Glenbrook South draws accusations of racismTurning Point USA recruitment poster seen as anti-Asian, draws response from state officials
Crime | Ex-coach at Naperville North faces child porn chargesA Lisle man and former assistant boys basketball coach at Naperville North High School is facing felony child pornography charges.
More Suburban News Find your community
- Elk Grove VillageJury deliberations begin in Elk Grove Village manslaughter trial
- MundeleinRound Lake Beach man arrested after disturbing social media posts
- BensenvilleFireworks, Music in the Park returning to Bensenville
- PalatineFremd H.S. senior named U.S. Presidential Scholar
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove mayor touts 'summer of celebration,' return to normalcy
- ElginColumnist earns YWCA leader award
- Hoffman EstatesPerson who fled traffic stop in Hoffman Estates still at large
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Buffalo Grove dumps Rolling Meadows in OT
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Cary-Grove still unbeaten after downing Jacobs
- Prep SportsGirls lacrosse: Schaumburg pulls out thriller over Conant
- Prep SportsSoftball: Larkin's offensive surge continues with big win over Elgin
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Stevenson upends Libertyville in NSC showdown
- 10:32 PMNeuqua Valley Theatre to livestream 'Disney's Frozen Jr.' May 14-23
- 7:10 PMLearn about the aerial acrobatics of hummingbirds June 1
- 5:50 PMRotary Club of Dundee Township celebrates its 40th by awarding its millionth dollar in scholarships
- 5:39 PMAuditions set for Elgin Summer Theatre's 'Nunsense' show
- 1:42 PMStop by Blooming Fest Plant Sale May 15 at WeGrow Dreams Greenhouse
- 9:26 AMOakton to honor students during virtual commencement ceremony
- 9:02 AMStay Fit with Techny Prairie Activity Center's College Student Summer Special
- 9:00 AMSchaumburg Library Invites Teens to 'Tech Bytes'
People showed their concern for the environment and their lost classmates in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for May 1-7, 2021.
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Inside Daily Herald