News | Multiple rounds of severe weather could hit the suburbs today
National Weather Service meteorologists are warning of multiple rounds of severe weather throughout the day and into Saturday.
Crime | No handcuffs but a mug shot: Trump to be arraigned TuesdayFormer President Donald Trump will be formally arrested and arraigned next Tuesday in his hush money case, court officials said -- an announcement promising the historic, shocking scene of a former U.S. commander in chief forced to stand before a judge.
Columns | 'His presence was as big as his stature': Support pours in for Batavia officer's familyJoe Gudella was a Batavia police officer for just over a year, but he made a big impression on the community he served. That's obvious from the outpouring of support since he died unexpectedly Monday in Wisconsin.
Blackhawks | 'He knows what he can handle': Toews set to return to action Saturday against DevilsForget about waiting until next week's road trip for Jonathan Toews' return to game action. It is coming Saturday when the Blackhawks host the New Jersey Devils in a 7 p.m. start.
News | 'Understand each other': How holy month of Ramadan works, as seen at Lake in the Hills mosqueMuslims across the suburbs and world, including members of American Muslim Community Organization in Lake in the Hills, are observing the Islamic holy month of fasting, prayer, charity, fellowship and reflection. Here's a peek into its traditions.
News | 'They misled people,' say suburbs that sue chemicals companies over Lake Michigan pollutionLaid out in a complaint filed March 24 in Cook County Circuit Court, nine suburbs are seeking monetary damages to address the pollution from contaminated stormwater discharged to Lake Michigan.
Crime | 'A serious and somber moment': Political leaders react to Trump indictmentWith several noting that no one -- not even a former president -- is above the law, Illinois political leaders and experts are reacting to the grand jury indictment of Donald Trump with public statements ranging from cautious to angry.
News | Schaumburg trustees approve $1,000 'inflation-relief' payments for full-time employeesDespite the criticisms of approximately a dozen residents, Schaumburg trustees have unanimously approved what they're calling inflation-relief payments of $1,000 to the village's full-time employees and $500 to part-time employees.
Editorial | A summary of endorsements in local electionsExpanded early in-person voting begins Monday for candidates for community college, school board and municipal offices in the April 4 election. Here are the Daily Herald's endorsements in selected suburban contests. Municipal Boards
Politics | How Elgin City Council candidates stand on homelessnessAs Elgin prepares plans for their North Grove redevelopment area, a renewed focus is on the city's homelessness issue downtown. Nine candidates for four available at-large seats on the city council have each weighed in on the problem during numerous forums.
News | Dailyherald.com is back online. Thank you for your patienceDailyherald.com is back online after experiencing an outage early this morning. Thank you for your patience.
Politics | Naperville 203 board candidates agree age-appropriateness key to curriculum decisionsThe five school board candidates running for three open seats in Naperville Unit District 203 agree that age-appropriateness is the key to making difficult curriculum decisions.
- 4:20 PMCraft fair at Des Plaines school
- 4:02 PMImages: Chicago Cubs home opener against the Milwaukee Brewers
- 4:01 PMSandler, Aniston reteam in breezy 'Murder Mystery 2'
- 3:48 PMTrump indictment throws 2024 race into uncharted territory
- 3:48 PM1 year ago, scenes of horror emerged from Ukraine's Bucha
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village buys shuttered White Castle at busy corner
- Villa ParkPolice seek info about Villa Park tobacco shop robbery
- Elk Grove VillageSalvation Army volunteers pack emergency flood kits
- Lake ZurichLake Zurich officials will consider switching from well to Lake Michigan water
- Carol StreamVoters to decide Saverino-Gieser rematch in Carol Stream mayor's race
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove village manager gets $30,000 performance bonus
- Des PlainesTouhy Avenue bridge repairs begin Monday
- ElginHow Elgin City Council candidates stand on homelessness
- Prep SportsBaseball: Down big, Palatine rallies past York
- Prep SportsBaseball: Conant's Loeger makes smooth transition from pool to diamond
- Prep SportsSoftball: Hoffman Estates falls short at Fenton
- Prep SportsGlenbrook North trio to represent USA in field hockey at 4-Nations Tournament
- 7:45 PMTurning Pointe Autism Foundation launches a new Women's Board
- 7:38 PMGlenside Library hosts sixth annual STEAM Fest April 1
- 7:07 PMYoung gymnast wins state championship title
- 4:18 PMWoodlands' Viennese exchange makes much anticipated return
- 4:07 PMCommunity Service Award winners recognized in Hanover Township
- 1:55 PMIllinois Jaycees receives national awards at JCI USA year-end celebration
- 12:55 PM'Housing 101' panel to explore Aurora affordable housing options
- 12:45 PMDate With History series to explore the legend of Sgt. Alvin York
Inside Daily Herald