News | 'It's beyond miraculous': World's largest steam locomotive, Big Boy No. 4014, coming to West Chicago
Union Pacific's historic Big Boy steam locomotive No. 4014 is rolling through the suburbs and stopping Friday afternoon in West Chicago. For train enthusiasts, many of whom never thought they'd see a Big Boy run again, "it's beyond miraculous."
Politics | Illinois GOP group apologizes for sharing meme calling 4 Democrats 'Jihad Squad'The fake movie poster is another broadside against the four minority congresswomen in the wake of Trump's racist tweets toward them.
Politics | Ives seeks 'more freedom' for 6th District in campaign to unseat CastenJeanne Ives challenged then-Gov. Bruce Rauner in a 2018 Republican primary and now is running for U.S. representative in the 6th District. She says the race is all about freedom from excessive government control.
Business | Former Elk Grove Village farm takes shape as high tech hubOn land once envisioned for the gridiron of the Chicago Bears, likenesses of elk roam today instead. Those 29 bronze figures represent the massive $1 billion Elk Grove Technology Park under development on what had been the largest remaining tract of land in the O'Hare industrial market.
Business | Construction of second Huntley Jewel store set to begin this fallConstruction of a new Jewel-Osco store on the north side of Huntley is expected to begin this fall.
Transportation | Good Samaritans rescue man on I-88 after pickup truck flips overA group of good Samaritans came to the rescue of a driver of a pickup truck that flipped over Monday morning on I-88 in Oak Brook.
Kane County | Judge: Geneva man's anonymous racist, homophobic letters were 'vulgar' but not criminalCiting freedom of speech, a Kane County judge on Monday found a Geneva man who sent anonymous, racist, homophobic and harassing letters to people in a "What's Happening" Facebook group not guilty of misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
News | Waukegan woman gets 14 years for killing two while driving impairedA Waukegan woman was sentenced to 14 years in prison after causing a four-vehicle crash that killed two people last summer, officials said Monday.
Lake County | Police: Gurnee man tried to steal skid-steer, broke into multiple vehiclesA Gurnee man faces several felony charges after being arrested in connection with several vehicle burglaries in Waukegan, Lake County sheriff's police said Monday.
News | Deal sealed on federal budget, ensuring no shutdown, defaultPresident Donald Trump and congressional leaders announced late Monday they had struck a critical debt and budget agreement. The deal amounts to an against-the-odds victory for Washington pragmatists seeking to avoid politically dangerous tumult over the possibility of a government shutdown or first-ever federal default.
Columns | Feder: CBS 2 goes missing from DirecTV, AT&T U-verseJust when you thought WBBM-Channel 2's ratings couldn't go any lower, the CBS-owned station can't even be seen in thousands of Chicago area homes, Robert Feder writes.
Transportation | 'What are we? Chopped liver?' | Noise wall taunts residents on other side of I-355Imagine you've wanted a noise wall to give relief from I-355 for three decades -- and it goes up on the other side of the tollway.
- 1:51 AMHundreds of black deaths in Red Summer ignored century later
- 1:50 AMAll-girls school becomes 1st in US with varsity esports
- 1:34 AMWray's testimony could be preview for Mueller hearing
- 1:30 AMPuerto Ricans worry about future if embattled governor stays
- 12:53 AM6 men, with link to triads, held over Hong Kong mob attack
More Suburban News Find your community
- ElginElgin police chief: Many changes this year, more in progress after shooting
- BloomingdaleAuthorities investigating crash in Bloomingdale that leaves at least one injured
- ElginPolice: 2 Streamwood men arrested in Elgin after fleeing traffic stop
- WaukeganRinehart seeks Democratic nomination for Lake County state's attorney
- EducationA year into job, District 21 superintendent gets contract extension
- NapervilleNaperville family displaced by house fire
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect welcomes new library director
- Hoffman EstatesHow Harper's HOPE Giving Circle supports young women leaders
- Hanover ParkPolice searching for missing Hanover Park woman
- Elk Grove VillagePlans for hotel on north side of Elk Grove Technology Park revealed
- LibertyvilleLake County zoning panel considers updated rules for solar energy
- NewsInaugural Woodridge Restaurant Week launching in August
- 10:58 PMWild Ones to take tours of two private gardens July 27
- 10:45 PM'Paris to Pittsburgh' film about creating change in your community
- 10:18 PMState Championship Chili Cook-Off returns to Batavia July 27
- 9:13 PMAurora retired teachers donate 120 handmade blankets to local nursing homes
- 9:04 PMNaperville Park District releases annual report and new podcast episode on finances
- 6:51 PMChicago area facing critical blood shortage
- 1:35 PMBravo Waukegan's music camp offers lessons, performances
- 11:33 AMLibrary program prepares kids for kindergarten
Inside Daily Herald