Business | Bed Bath & Beyond stores in Geneva, Crystal Lake, Wilmette now slated to close
More Bed Bath & Beyond stores in the Chicago area are closing, including in Geneva, Crystal Lake and Wilmette, the home goods chain quietly revealed by posting a new list of 87 stores nationwide that it is shutting down.
Entertainment | Woodstock Willie says bundle up, six more weeks of winter is on its wayGroans of disappointment filled air Thursday morning as it was announced Woodstock Willie had spotted his shadow, signaling six more weeks of winter.
Education | Unfilled classroom positions reached a five-year high in 2022Illinois schools are still grappling with a teacher shortage that seems to only be getting worse, a recent survey by the Illinois Association of Regional Superintendents of Schools shows.
Special Report | In documentary, DePaul filmmakers explore Bears' possible move to Arlington HeightsRyan Deitch was only a sophomore film student at DePaul University when his curiosity was piqued about the Bears' possible move to Arlington Heights, and he set out to film a documentary about it.
Business | Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers planning Naperville locationPlans are underway to bring a new Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers to High Grove Plaza on the east side of Route 59 in Naperville.
News | A 50 degree swing in temperatures? Below zero temps Friday, warmer this weekendA big swing in temperatures is expected this weekend after a significant cool down tonight.
News | Introducing a new and improved way to engage with our contentToday, we're rolling out a new and improved way to engage with our content and with other readers at dailyherald.com where you can expect more lively and civil discussions.
Business | Mexican eatery Hacienda Real to open in Geneva SundayMexican eatery and cocktail lounge Hacienda Real is set to open in Geneva Commons Sunday. The restaurant will offer a seasonally rotating menu of craft cocktails and Mexican entrées featuring contemporary takes on traditional family recipes.
Education | Pritzker seeks more info on AP African American studies courseGov. J.B. Pritzker this week asked the College Board for more information about its reasoning for changing the final framework of a new Advanced Placement course in African American studies after it had been criticized by Florida's Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.
Health & Fitness | Quick action with CPR, AED saves teacher's lifeGlenview resident and Glenbrook South math teacher Steve Farber lives to play more platform tennis thanks to fast-acting friends with lifesaving experience.
Crime | Man gets 4½-year prison term for DUI crash that killed babyA man was sentenced to 4½ years in prison for a 2016 Barrington Hills crash that killed a baby.
News | Krishnamoorthi named to House committee on competition with ChinaDemocratic Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi of Schaumburg was appointed Wednesday as a ranking member on the House Select Committee on the Strategic Competition Between the United States and Chinese Communist Party.
Politics | Amid 'unprecedented' prolonged revenue boom, state finds budget breathing roomSustained higher-than-predicted state tax revenues have in recent months given lawmakers a level of budgeting flexibility that is, at least in modern times, without precedent in a state with a reputation for perilous finances. For the current fiscal year and the one before it, that's led to another uncommon Capitol occurrence: budget surpluses in the billions of dollars.
- 4:39 PMLake County police seized 120 illegally possessed guns, $7 million in drugs last year, a record
- 4:30 PMKrishnamoorthi to help kick off South Elgin library expansion
- 3:05 PMBusiness for a Better World: Gebruder Weiss
- 2:57 PMITW reports full year financial results
- 2:45 PMAllstate loses $1.3 billion in fiscal year
More Suburban News Find your community
- Cook CountyCook County to allocate $16 million to support local climate plans
- GenevaMan gets 3½ years in prison for punching woman in Geneva bar
- NapervilleNaperville man struck by car, killed near Edward Hospital
- WheatonDowntown Wheaton apartment complex sold to JVM Realty
- HuntleyHuntley Historical Society to host fundraiser to help build a museum
- DuPage County3 charged with stealing $1,668 in perfume from Walgreens store, fleeing police
- EducationCary-Grove Principal Lesinski named new Dist. 155 superintendent
- SchaumburgBillboard, hot dog stand's days are numbered as Schaumburg closes on purchase of eyesore site
- CrimeGlenview man charged in attempted kidnapping of student getting off bus
- Buffalo GroveLongtime Buffalo Grove police leader retires after 34-year career
- NapervilleIndivisible Naperville hosting candidate forum Feb. 22
- PalatinePalatine winter brush collection begins Monday
- 3:42 PMMaine East, Maine South high schools take top honors at Student Silent Film Festival
- 10:11 AMCelebrate Black History month with CLC
- 10:04 AMWheeling Township Serves Needs Throughout the Community
- 9:49 AMPalatine Chamber Women in Business Group Offers Scholarships
- 12:38 AMGala fundraiser to help CASA Kane County 'Be the Lighthouse in a Child's Storm'
- 11:41 PMElmhurst Children's Theatre celebrates 15 years of comedy with 'Unintentionally Hilarious'
- 10:50 PMElgin High School hosts its annual National Biodiversity Teach-In, 10 years after launch of student-led event
- 2:04 PMLibertyville Rotary's fundraiser features The Second City
Inside Daily Herald