- Prom, graduation will be held at Carmel Catholic High School
- Hoffman Estates to host vaccination clinic Saturday
- Got a question or story idea? Email Us
Illinois | Has supply caught up with COVID-19 vaccine demand?
While a steady stream of people took advantage of the new walk-in policy at the Tinley Park Convention Center's mass vaccination site, health officials acknowledge the sites could handle many more people.
News | Churchill Downs says Arlington Park bids expected by JuneProspective buyers of the 326-acre property that's long been home to Arlington International Racecourse are expected to make their offers by the end of June, officials said Thursday.
Education | Scholarship established in memory of 2 Judson seniorsAn architecture scholarship has been established at Judson University in memory of two architecture students killed in a four-vehicle crash Tuesday near the entrance to the Elgin campus.
News | Suburbanites mark Earth Day by planting in nature preserve, cleaning up parkVolunteers celebrated Earth Day on Thursday by installing native plants in Barrington-area nature preserve and cleaning up a park in Warrenville
Business | Chicago seeks developer to open city's first casino by 2025Chicago is laying its cards on the table and officially seeking bids to build the first casino in the nation's third-largest city. City leaders want a "world-class" resort that'll draw locals and tourists while boosting Chicago's finances, but several steps remain.
Crime | Man shot and killed in Des Plaines-area apartment complex parking lotAn 18-year-old man was shot and killed Thursday afternoon in a Des Plaines-area apartment complex parking lot.
Dining | The shows must go on: Medieval Times, Six Flags reopening this weekMedieval Times in Schaumburg is anticipating a renaissance Thursday, while in Gurnee, Six Flags Great America is making plans to provide visitors with thrills they've been without since 2019, starting Saturday.
Crime | Man charged in September crash that killed Bloomingdale womanA Palos Heights man has been charged in a six-vehicle crash on the Tri-State Tollway that killed a Bloomingdale woman in September.
Politics | Glendale Heights candidate lost by two votes, seeks partial recount in village president raceThe losing Glendale Heights president candidate says he's pursuing discovery recount of election results.
Crime | Schaumburg police issue alert over carjackings, vehicle theftsSchaumburg police issued a community alert Thursday afternoon in response to a pair of carjackings that occurred in the village earlier this week.
News | Despite outcry, Naper Commons subdivision plans move ahead in NapervilleHousing developers have received Naperville City Council approval to build a new subdivision that neighbors and environmentalists fear will disrupt wildlife habitats in surrounding forest preserves.
Columns | Could Toews be back next season? Reports say his health is getting betterReturning after an entire year off would be difficult for anyone, but if Jonathan Toews can get back to 100% ... it's plausible he could pull it off.
News | Sharpton decries 'stench of racism' in Daunte Wright's deathDaunte Wright, the young Black man shot by an officer during a traffic stop in suburban Minneapolis, was not "just some kid with an air freshener," but a "prince" whose life ended too soon at the hands of police, the Rev. Al Sharpton said Thursday during an emotional funeral.
More Suburban News Find your community
- LombardLombard Lilac Parade postponed to September
- BloomingdaleBloomingdale Bears seeking new players for lacross team
- St. CharlesSt. Charles gas leak expected to affect rush hour Friday
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates to host vaccination clinic Saturday
- NewsDispose of unused and expired prescription drugs Saturday at locations around the suburbs
- Long GroveLong Grove fire leaves home uninhabitable
- ItascaCentury Tile will close all 4 of its locations
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Barrington leaves little doubt in beating Hersey for MSL title
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Kaneland completes undefeated conference season
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Bartlett wins 1st UEC title
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Crystal Lake Central claims FVC crown
- AlgonquinKrutwig's dream season a steppingstone to pro basketball
- 8:37 PMCancel the ICE Contract to host Roadside Rally April 24 in McHenry
- 7:10 PMRaising Cane's opens April 27 in Bloomingdale
- 3:16 PMIndian Americans host mass vaccination clinic in Aurora
- 2:55 PMBatavia High School's building trades classes partner with Boardwalk Shops
- 2:35 PMSaint Raymond School literally 'reads to succeed'
- 2:04 PMGet ready for summer fun at the Wheeling Park District
- 12:39 PMJoin DuPage observance of National Day of Prayer May 6
- 11:31 AMRep. Bos Backed Legislation Supporting Domestic Violence Survivors Passes Unanimously
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more
We celebrated Easter, donated blood, made new friends and got more vaccines in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for April 3-9, 2021.
Inside Daily Herald