Politics | Trump charged over classified documents in 1st federal indictment of an ex-president
Sources say the indictment includs seven criminal counts.
Special Report | After meeting with Chicago and Naperville mayors, Bears president coming to Arlington HeightsNew Chicago Bears President and CEO Kevin Warren's introductory tour of the city and suburbs continues when he comes to Arlington Heights for a community conversation June 26.
News | Second lawsuit filed in death of Elk Grove Village mom during Florida parasailing tripThe family of an Elk Grove Village woman killed in a 2022 crash while she and two children were parasailing in the Florida Keys filed a second lawsuit connected to her death this week and reflected on the tragic end to a family vacation about a year ago.
Business | Joe Donut filling a hole on Mount Prospect's Rand Road corridorJoe Donut is filling a hole along Mount Prospect's Rand Road corridor. The business operates at 720 E. Rand, the former home of Frankie's Fast Food, which closed after nearly two decades. Given the line of cars at its drive-through, Joe Donut could be in for a long run as well.
News | 'Would you want this behind your house?': Neighbors decry Elgin affordable housing planAn Elgin-based non-profit organization wants to build a $21 million affordable housing development on Elgin's northwest side. Neighbors don't like, saying the loss of the wooded area the project would go on will cause flooding, noise and bring unwanted renters to an area where most people own their homes.
News | Air quality alerts extend for third day as smoke from Canadian wildfires pushes southOfficials warned residents to stay inside and limit outdoor activities Thursday as a thick, hazardous haze of wildfire smoke loomed over daily life for millions of people across the U.S. and Canada for a third day and was expected to persist as long as the weekend.
Education | Police, high schools setting rules for officer bodycams on campusThe Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg and Palatine police departments continue to work with Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 on protocols for school resource officers using state-mandated bodycams while on campus.
News | Blackwell buildings overdue for overhaul, DuPage forest preserve leaders sayA multimillion-dollar proposal to overhaul the DuPage forest preserve district maintenance campus along Mack Road is now taking shape -- nearly 20 years after it was first discussed.
News | Aurora casino progress: City plan panel approves zoning, use requestsThe Hollywood Casino in Aurora ticked another item off its moving to-do list Wednesday.
News | Fire destroys two homes, detached garages in CarpentersvilleTwo homes and two detached garages were destroyed by a fire in Carpentersville Wednesday that is still under investigation.
News | A bear in the suburbs? Police investigate sighting near Gurnee Mills mallThe Chicago football team may not be the only bears exploring a move to the suburbs. Gurnee police said a real bear may have been spotted near Gurnee Mills on Wednesday.
News | Naperville police investigating jewelry theftsNaperville police officials are warning the public about recent jewelry thefts in retail parking lots.
- 6:03 PMFestivals June 9-15: Chicago Blues Fest, Rails to Victory, Mundelein Craft Beer Fest and more
- 5:38 PMMulch ignites, causes fire at Naperville home
- 5:21 PMKane County property transfers for April 19 to May 3, 2023
- 5:21 PMLake County property transfers for May 1-5, 2023
- 5:21 PMDuPage County property transfers for April 27 to May 4, 2023
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect gives firefighters a 2% retention bonus
- Buffalo GroveWork to widen Aptakisic Road in Buffalo Grove nearing start
- ElburnElburn officials approve short-term rentals in residential neighborhoods
- AuroraAurora's Pride Weekend kicks off Friday
- Elk Grove VillageNew pedestrian path opens along Meacham Road in Elk Grove Village
- Downers GrovePride In the Park 'N Lot returns June 11 in Downers Grove
- Barrington HillsRide Lake County celebrates one year of service
- McHenry CountyWoodstock PrideFest returns with parade, color run and pub crawl
- ElginElgin church to host 'School's Out Block Party' June 12
- BusinessNorthbrook Court redevelopment plan progresses
- NewsChicago firm drops controversial plan to redevelop Baxter campus near Deerfield
- ElginElgin's expanded slate of summer fun starts Saturday with Sk8 Jam
- 12:26 AMFirst Methodist of Downers Grove celebrates 50 years serving youth through music
- 10:36 PMHanover Township to host June 16 car show
- 10:32 PMElgin Soup Kitchens boosted at Elgin Culver's
- 9:47 PMLearn about 'Protecting Dark Skies' at Batavia Plain Dirt Gardeners meeting
- 9:32 PMNACEP grants accreditation to ECC's dual credit enrollment program
- 5:56 PMCraft Beer Adventure Fest comes to Richardson Farm
- 4:09 PMCivics Awareness Series hosts 'Democracy and the Supreme Court: What Are the Cases to Watch?'
- 8:54 AMHoffman Estates Park District Commissioners Train at Statewide Seminar
Inside Daily Herald