Commercial Real Estate | After nearly 10-year wait, Tony's Fresh Market opens in Schaumburg
The grand opening of Tony's Fresh Market in Schaumburg's Town Square Wednesday morning ended a nearly decadelong vacancy of the 65,000-square-foot space.
Chicago | New food, better lights and a trophy room: What to expect at Wrigley Field this yearThose paying premium prices to attend the Chicago Cubs' Opening Day on Thursday afternoon will be the first fans to experience what's new at Wrigley Field this season, including a trophy room, rooftop terrace and, if it is cloudy or the game goes long, upgraded stadium lights.
News | This Vietnam War Veterans Day, these two Navy veterans remember the real final battle, and rescueVietnam War Veterans Day marks the 50th anniversary of the event on which it was based -- the end of ground operations in the war -- but two local Navy veterans point out that the final battle came 26 months later.
News | Elk Grove Village likely the first town in the state to ban sale of THC productsElk Grove Village on Tuesday became likely the first municipality in the state to prohibit tobacco and smoke shops from selling any products containing THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.
Politics | Mount Prospect trustee candidates weigh in on possible new police patchMount Prospect candidates share their thoughts about a new police patch. The original patch was removed after members of the community objected to the thin blue line's association with extremist groups.
Business | FDA approves over-the-counter Narcan. Here's what it means.The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday approved selling the leading version of naloxone without a prescription, setting the overdose-reversing drug on course to become the first opioid treatment drug to be sold over the counter.
News | Pedestrian dead after being struck by freight train in Downers GroveMetra police are investigating the early morning death of a pedestrian struck by an eastbound freight train.
Crime | Cabdriver convicted of sexually assaulting customer in NapervilleA taxi driver was found guilty Tuesday of sexually assaulting a passenger in Naperville.
Politics | Senate passes bill protecting kids who are social media 'influencers'The Illinois Senate unanimously passed a bill Wednesday that gives financial protection to children whose parents make money posting videos of them on social media.
Transportation | Secretary of state backs standard driver's licenses for noncitizensThe Illinois House advanced a measure last week that would allow noncitizen residents who are currently eligible for a "temporary visitor driver's license" to instead obtain a "standard" driver's license that can be used as identification. Secretary of State Alexi Giannoulias supports the plan, which is sponsored by Aurora Democrat Barbara Hernandez.
Crime | Senate advances bill to log abuse cover-ups in state health care registryA measure spurred by reports of abuse at Choate Mental Health and Developmental Center in downstate Anna passed the Senate unanimously Wednesday and will head to the House.
News | Batavia police mourning death of officerBatavia police are mourning the death of officer Joe Gudella.
- 5:05 PMParis trash strike ends, pension protest numbers shrink
- 5:03 PMCapitol Riot: FBI informant testifies for Proud Boys defense
- 5:02 PMBiden: World 'turning the tide' after backslide on democracy
- 5:01 PMIsraeli PM, Biden exchange frosty words over legal overhaul
- 3:29 PMDolly will be back to host ACMs, with Garth
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- BarringtonBarrington Countryside appoints new deputy fire chief
- Downers GroveBarnett faces challenge from Schmitt in Downers Grove mayoral race
- NapervilleNine-year-old boy kicking off Autism Awareness Month in Naperville
- CrimeStudent brings 3 rounds of ammo to Elmhurst elementary school
- EducationCrowded Dist. 34 field split into two camps
- NapervilleNaperville Jaycees Last Fling announces packed lineup of musical acts
- Lisle'The perfect fit': Benedictine University to welcome new president
- PalatinePalatine condo complex fire ruled accidental, likely related to smoking
- WheelingGas station proposed for former Garden Fresh Plaza site in Wheeling
- DuPage CountyDuPage County Health Department Director Karen Ayala retiring June 30
- MundeleinMundelein not increasing license fees for outdoor dining on Park Street
- WheatonWheaton police to 'Stuff the Squad' with donations for pantry
- 4:31 PMIllinois 4-H to host Green Trees Planting Project April 2 in Naperville
- 1:44 PMSt. Catherine of Siena in West Dundee sets Easter schedule
- 1:15 PMCelebrate Earth Month with CLC during April
- 1:14 PMBensenville Park District to host free Egg Hunt and Eggstravaganza
- 1:08 PMArtisan Markets Spring Arts & Crafts Fair to feature over 50 local vendors
- 1:08 PMLibertyville Sunrise Rotary recognizes foundation donors
- 11:59 AMFaiths community invited in the Muslim Suburban Mosque to breakfast together during Ramadan
- 9:15 AMSpring Benefit Celebrates Hands of Peace Changemakers and the Power of Purple
Inside Daily Herald