Transportation | 'Moments of sheer terror': O'Hare exhibit brings war veterans' service home
Striking photographs of U.S. veterans coupled with compelling narratives make for an exhibit that's hard to bypass at Terminal 3.
Columns | Argonne finds a way to recycle 'plastic No. 2' not just two or three times but infinitelyChemists at Argonne National Laboratory in DuPage County have worked out a new way to recycle certain plastics infinitely, a discovery that could change the way we recycle containers like those used for milk and laundry detergents.
News | 'Something I have to do': Veterans pay tribute to fallen comrades at Streamwood ceremonyA crowd of veterans and others filled the plaza at the Streamwood Veterans Memorial on Sunday to pay tribute to those who didn't come home.
News | Images: Memorial Day parades and ceremonies in the suburbsMemorial Day parades and ceremonies in the suburbs from Monday, May 29, 2023.
News | Flying into summer: Dragonfly-themed sculpture benches coming to downtown NapervilleIt wouldn't be summer in downtown Naperville without an array of sidewalk sculptures.
Crime | Fox Lake police kill knife-wielding manFox Lake police killed a man who officers said lunged at them with a knife on Sunday.
Crime | Naperville police investigating non-fatal shooting by acquaintance of victimNaperville police are investigating the non-fatal shooting of a male victim by another member of a group just after midnight Monday.
News | Shorter elementary school days part of new St. Charles Dist. 303 teacher contractThe board has approved a four-year labor pact with its teachers union.
Columns | Suburban Mosaic: Landmark Muslim bills on their way to becoming lawsOne requires halal and kosher foods to be made available at public facilities.
News | With new developments arriving, Huntley approves plan for downtown parkingIt covers about 20 different areas downtown and more than 560 total parking spots.
Columns | Local Fare: Breaking down key postseason matchups in a busy week for high school sportsThis coming week of high school sports is a busy one, with state titles to be doled out in boys volleyball, boys and girls lacrosse, and girls soccer before baseball and softball state finals close things out for 2022-23 on June 9-10.
Lake County | As ticks expand throughout the state, experts say prevention remains keyAs evidence grows that tick species in Illinois are expanding in range, researchers and health departments have buffed up surveillance of the arachnid -- but they say awareness and prevention remain our best defense against it.
- 3:22 PMWith new mandate secured, Turkey's Erdogan likely to continue engaging with both West and Russia
- 3:06 PMStruggles continue for thousands in Florida 8 months after Hurricane Ian as new storm season looms
- 3:05 PMNo fatalities reported in Iowa as officials plan to demolish partially collapsed building
- 2:48 PMBiden marks Memorial Day lauding generations of fallen US troops who 'dared all and gave all'
- 8:14 AMWhere to find Memorial Day parades, services and more
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- Vernon Hills'Each has served with honor': Vernon Hills banner program honors veterans, those serving
- NewsArlington Heights 'Kickin' With the Cops' set for June 23
- NapervilleNaperville Park District opens Centennial Beach, splash pads
- SchaumburgSchaumburg's Woodfield Trolley route begins daily service for summer
- EducationHow would legislation requiring full-day kindergarten affect suburban schools?
- Prep SportsBaseball: Barrington gets payback, beats Mundelein for regional title
- WaukeganNorth Chicago woman charged in Waukegan double shooting
- Prep SportsBaseball: Burlington Central starts fast, blows out Sterling for regional title
- MundeleinMundelein Tool Library open house June 3
- ElginDowntown Elgin Farmers market opens Friday
- Prep SportsBaseball: Dorchies' gem leads Cary-Grove past Prairie Ridge to regional title
- Prep SportsBaseball: Big fourth inning sends St. Charles East past Schaumburg for regional crown
- 1:06 AMChicago's Painted Ladies Competition recognizes value in repainting a home's exterior
- 12:56 AM'It Sounds Like Summer' at the Huntley Area Public Library
- 12:51 AMFrom Santa to suicide: Addressing the youth mental health crisis in America
- 12:48 AMAdvocate neurosurgeon talks about why 'warning strokes' require emergency attention
- 12:46 AMFox River Arts Ramble features art, food and music June 3
- 12:21 AMSkillsUSA Illinois names ECC's Carriveau board chairman
- 11:43 PMFoundation awards grants to Villa Park Elementary District 45 staff
- 11:35 PMVilla Park police joins Illinois 'Click It or Ticket' campaign to save lives
Inside Daily Herald