News | Cook health officials say unvaccinated 'should' mask up in schools
After seeing several suburban school district boards "making up rules on their own" about who should wear masks at school this year, Cook County Department of Public Health officials issue guidance saying all unvaccinated individuals "should" wear masks.
Theater | Paramount Theatre to require proof of COVID-19 vaccine when venue reopens next monthWant to see "Kinky Boots" next month at Aurora's Paramount Theatre? You'll need proof of vaccination with your ticket.
News | Illinois averaging 80% more COVID-19 cases than a week agoIllinois is averaging more than 1,100 new COVID-19 cases a day now, while the vaccination rate is fewer than 20,000 inoculations a day.
News | How county animal shelters are handling the summer influx, and what pet owners can doDuPage County Animal Services, the second largest county-run pet shelter in the state, was at "critical capacity" in June. Now, thanks to adoption, reunification and rescue partners, the shelter has less than 200 animals in their care for the first time in weeks. The pattern is seen at most other suburban county-operated shelters.
Sports | Hawks get top defenseman Jones in mega-deal, now will it pay off?After weeks of speculation that they would acquire Seth Jones -- one of the best defensemen in the league -- the Hawks pulled off a blockbuster deal by sending Adam Boqvist, the first (No. 11 overall) and second-round picks of the 2021 draft and the first pick in the 2022 draft to Columbus.
News | Boy pulled from Lake in the Hills pond by golfers, in critical conditionA child was pulled from a pond in Lake in the Hills by bystanders who began resuscitative efforts, police and fire officials said in news releases Friday.
News | Child drowns at Fox River Grove homeA child drowned Friday morning at a Fox River Grove home, a fire official said.
Cook County | Police searching for missing, endangered Schaumburg Township womanCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public's help in locating a missing and endangered woman from unincorporated Schaumburg Township.
News | 74-year-old man from Rolling Meadows goes missingRolling Meadows police are looking for a 74-year-old man who has been missing since Friday afternoon.
Business | Georgian restaurant coming to WheelingA restaurant serving Georgian food is coming to a Wheeling shopping center.
Music | 'It's the love bomb': Chicago's Lollapalooza returns to mark 30th anniversaryFollowing a layoff in 2020 amidst the pandemic, Lollapalooza returns to Grant Park Thursday, July 29. "It's the medicine that we need," says creator Perry Farrell.
Illinois | Western wildfires bring smoke to our skies, coloring our sunsetsThe haze resulting from the Western U.S. and Canada wildfires continues to linger over the suburbs, affecting air quality and even our view of the setting sun.
- 1:13 PMWildfires blasting through West draw states to lend support
- 12:08 PMStates scale back virus reporting just as cases surge
- 11:58 AMDems renew questions about FBI background check of Kavanaugh
- 11:52 AMShootings leave 4 dead, at least 20 wounded in Chicago
- 11:26 AMVatican closes 2020 with shortfall, but better than forecast
More Suburban News Find your community
- DuPage CountyChicago man charged with threatening to shoot DuPage official
- St. CharlesDistrict 303 parents ask school board members to reconsider decision to make masks optional
- AlgonquinBarnes & Noble plans move to Algonquin Commons this fall
- ElginIntelligentsia Cup race hits the streets of Elgin
- NapervilleLymphoma walk, garden dedication to honor late Naperville parks manager
- BartlettBartlett police investigating home invasion
- EducationDistrict 21 to require masks for unvaccinated, vaccines for employees
- St. Charles'It comes down to training': How a St. Charles officer's quick actions saved shooting victim's life
- DuPage CountyDuPage County awards $125,000 in grants to help fight opioid epidemic
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove police lauded for work with Lake County task force
- ElginElgin police to unveil new gang/youth intervention program
- St. CharlesHeather McGuire stepping in as new St. Charles city administrator
- 12:23 PMAug. 31 deadline set for Geneva Women's Club 46th annual craft show
- 11:06 AMRep. Bos Sponsored Bill to Ensure Access to Telehealth Services Signed by Governor
- 11:06 AMEnrollment open for CLC's free preschool program
- 11:05 AMThree Mt. Prospect Friends Host Huge Record Sale July 24
- 11:05 AMSchool Districts in Full Compliance
- 9:45 AMSchaumburg Dance Ensemble to hold auditions for 'The Nutcracker'
- 8:35 PMEdward Hospital front-line workers to be grand marshals at Naperville Labor Day parade
- 7:01 PMVNA, City of Aurora collaborate to take vaccines directly to neighborhoods
Inside Daily Herald