News | 'It's like the end of the world has come': Suburbanites await word on relatives in Turkey
Suburban families with relatives in Turkey are awaiting word on loved ones who live in areas affected by Monday's devastating earthquake, while their community rushes to launch a local relief effort.
News | Elgin woman's book chronicles her unlikely path to motherhood through Alzheimer'sPam Singleton of Elgin has self-published a book titled "My Mother, My Child: An Unusual Journey To Becoming A Mother Through Alzheimer's." The book chronicles Singleton's time as a part-time caregiver to her afflicted mother, who came to think the author was her mother instead of her daughter.
Columns | Debuts, hot hybrids and electric trucks: What to look for at this year's Chicago Auto ShowThe Chicago Auto Show speeds into town and opens Saturday with a return to pre-COVID proportions. Here's what's hot and notable this year.
Commercial Real Estate | $40 million in state grants to build on development-ready 'megasites': Here's where in the suburbsGov. J.B. Pritzker on Monday announced the creation of a $40 million grant program to incentivize the creation of large development-ready areas known as "megasites" across the state.
News | St. Charles group grants wishes of veterans, first responders to attend sporting events nationwideWhat began as a father-son challenge to see a game in each NFL stadium during one season is now in its 10th year of helping fulfill the wishes of members of the military as well as first responders to attend sporting events nationwide.
Crime | Few new details in Aurora police shooting of man said to attack with knivesAurora police released little new information Monday about an officer's shooting of a man wielding knives Sunday morning.
Business | Construction begins on new rowhomes in WarrenvilleLexington Homes began construction on the next phase of its Lexington Trace residential project in Warrenville.
News | Rescuers scramble in Turkey, Syria after quake kills at least 4,000Rescuers in Turkey and war-ravaged Syria searched through the frigid night into Tuesday, hoping to pull more survivors from the rubble after a 7.8 magnitude earthquake killed more than 4,000 people and toppled thousands of buildings across a wide region.
News | Hanover Park man goes missingErick Martinez, 20, was last was seen walking south on the 7000 block of Hanover Street at 11 a.m. Monday in Hanover Park.
Crime | Two members of crew sentenced for Ulta robbery in Oak BrookTwo Chicago residents who police said were part of a six-person group who stole from an Oak Brook cosmetics store in November 2021 have received three-year prison sentences, officials said Monday.
Transportation | Forest preserve committee moves Waukegan airport runway plan forwardA Lake County Forest Preserve committee on Monday recommended approval of a non-binding agreement needed to advance a proposed $186 million project that includes replacing a runway at Waukegan National Airport.
Education | 20 groups in 10 years: 'Go Green Illinois' expands in the suburbsVolunteer-based Go Green Illinois came to life 10 years ago. It has since expanded to more than 20 local "Go Green" organizations across the suburbs, such as Go Green Northbrook and Go Green Arlington Heights.
- 5:14 PMBusiness for a Better World: Gebrüder Weiss
- 3:18 PMABC's 'Not Dead Yet' is a comedy with a weekly ghost story
- 3:16 PMJulie Andrews teams with daughter on new picture book
- 3:16 PMNow retired as Chicago Fed president, suburbanite Charles Evans helped guide the U.S. economy through turbulent times
- 2:41 PMZingit relaunches software for chiropractic offices
More Suburban News Find your community
- Des PlainesMurphy appointed asst. majority leader of Illinois Senate
- AlgonquinTwo pets rescued from fire in Algonquin
- DuPage CountyFormer longtime WGN anchor and suburban radio host Jack Taylor dies at 94
- InglesideVictim of Lake Villa-area crash identified as 73-year-old Ingleside man
- Oakbrook TerraceDrury Lane's 'A Chorus Line' a singular sensation indeed
- PalatineGreat Chili Cook Off of Palatine set for Feb. 26
- MundeleinMundelein State of the Village address set for Feb. 13
- CarpentersvilleDundee Township garden club offers scholarship
- PoliticsElmhurst candidates to debate key issues in League of Women Voters forum
- HuntleyProsecutors seek additional conditions on Huntley Dairy Mart owner charged with child porn
- SchaumburgGreat American Cookies opens at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg
- Mount ProspectTwo charged with three break-ins at Mount Prospect homes
- 10:05 PMAurora's Schingoethe Center opens new exhibit focused on the theme of home
- 9:37 PMThe Naperville Winds perform an evening of 20th-century music Feb. 23
- 8:40 PMNorthern Illinois Food Bank gets grant from The Community Foundation for McHenry County
- 8:07 PMDonate blood at Wheaton's Gary UMC Feb. 15
- 7:52 PMBensenville Park District board approves facilities assessment
- 7:02 PMDocumentary on monarch butterflies to be shown at Bloomingdale Public Library
- 6:45 PMBethel UCC hosts Ash Wednesday service for Elmhurst United Churches of Christ
- 3:30 PMDes Plaines Park District Pedro Garcia Honored with Dedicated to Excellence Award
Inside Daily Herald