DuPage County | Self-defense or murder? Lombard man makes his case about 2021 fight
Speaking publicly about his case for the first time, Lombard resident Ronald Dunbar insists he was acting in self-defense during a 2021 fight in Elmhurst that left another man dead. Authorities have accused Dunbar of murder.
News | Sold-out all-electric car show said to mark a 'turning point' for the industryThe Chicago Automobile Trade Association -- the same organization that hosts Chicago's annual auto show -- is holding its first all-electric show for dealers and consumers this weekend, signaling what stakeholders are calling a "turning point" in Illinois' EV industry.
Commercial Real Estate | Lurie Children's Hospital proposes $56M Schaumburg outpatient center for Northwest suburbsLurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is proposing a $55.9 million, 70,000-square-foot outpatient center in Schaumburg as a facility that would replace existing ones in Arlington Heights, Hoffman Estates and Huntley to serve growing demand in the Northwest suburbs.
Politics | Illinois treasurer candidates Mike Frerichs, Tom Demmer spar over role of officeDemocratic Illinois Treasurer Michael Frerichs and his Republican challenger Tom Demmer trade barbs over how they perceive the role of state treasurer during a recent candidate forum with the Daily Herald's editorial board.
News | Suburban Skyview: Boardwalk meanders through wetlands in BataviaIn this week's Suburban Skyview column, an aerial look at Lippold Park in Batavia.
Crime | Chicago man held without bond in brutal attack of woman in Naperville hotel roomThis content is no longer available on dailyherald.com
Entertainment | October fests turn to fall colors, Halloween eventsFrom fall color tours to family-friendly pumpkin carving, here are some October events that are a little bit spooky and a whole lot of fun.
Chicago | Road-rage shooting in Chicago leaves 3-year-old deadIn a shooting the police said was sparked by road rage, a 3-year-old Chicago boy was killed Friday night on the Southwest Side as he sat in the back seat of his mother's sport-utility vehicle. The slain boy, identified as Mateo Zastro, is one of the youngest victims of violence in Chicago this year.
Columns | Facts Matter: Hurricane warning shared on social media really is from 2016In this week's Facts Matter column, Bob Oswald examines a misleading post about Hurricane Ian, claims that Barron Trump has been expelled from his private school, posts that Nancy Pelosi is being impeached and more.
News | Woman killed after being struck by car in Geneva identifiedA woman who died after being struck by a car in Geneva Wednesday night has been identified.
Lake County | Long-sought revival of former industrial area on north side of Mundelein's downtown is underwayDemolition of a home, apartment building and other structures in what is considered a gateway area south of Route 176 in downtown Mundelein, will clear the way for a 139-unit townhouse development called Morris Station.
News | Irish tunes, wolfhounds and birds of prey among Celtic fest highlightsThere was something for everyone, including animals, children's games and Irish music at the Northwest Celtic Fest at the Now Arena in Hoffman Estates.
- 11:54 PMIsraeli forces kill Palestinian teen after alleged firebomb
- 11:48 PMChinese billionaire Richard Liu settles US rape allegation
- 11:28 PMFlorida deaths rise to 47 amid struggle to recover from Ian
- 11:28 PMChinese billionaire Richard Liu, founder of JD.com, settles lawsuit over alleged rape of ex-Minnesota student in 2018
- 11:00 PMToday in History: October 2, Warsaw Uprising is crushed
More Suburban News Find your community
- Des PlainesDes Plaines welcomes asylum-seekers
- Bartlett65 kegs of beer should be enough for a successful Oktoberfest
- Lake ZurichDeveloper seeks OK to build 52 townhouses in Lake Zurich
- NapervilleOktoberfest is near and bier to their hearts in Naperville
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village setting up new taxing districts for fire service in unincorporated areas
- CrimeFBI honors tattoo artists for helping victims, ex-criminals replace reminders of past
- Prep FootballSouth Elgin collects win over Glenbard South by playing keepaway
- NapervilleChicago man held without bond in brutal attack of woman in Naperville hotel room
- Prep FootballHersey pulls away from Rolling Meadows in 2nd half
- Prep FootballLake Zurich stays hot, tops Libertyville
- BataviaWoman killed after being struck by car in Geneva identified
- Prep FootballMaine South rallies from early deficit, wins key Central Suburban game
- 8:51 PM'Uncommon Threads' fashion show comes to Glen Ellyn Oct. 16
- 7:20 PMDonation provides CLC students with new equipment and training
- 3:32 PMWaubonsee celebrates LGBTQ+ History Month with special events in October
- 3:19 PMWaubonsee celebrates National Arts and Humanities Month with special events in October
- 12:24 PMWheaton author to join Prairie Path Books' 'Whiskey, Beer, and History' event
- 10:49 AMDes Plaines Community Foundation Donates $30,000 to Local Food Pantries and Charities for the Holidays
- 10:26 AMNicor Gas recognizes Hunger Action Month, commits $450,000 to address food insecurity
- 10:23 AMIllinois American Water Offers Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Grants
Inside Daily Herald