Business | Bed Bath & Beyond stores in Geneva, Crystal Lake, Wilmette now slated to close
More Bed Bath & Beyond stores in the Chicago area are closing, including in Geneva, Crystal Lake and Wilmette, the home goods chain quietly revealed by posting a new list of 87 stores nationwide that it is shutting down.
Crime | Owners of Huntley Dairy Mart accused of growing psychedelic mushrooms; one faces child porn chargesA Crystal Lake couple listed as the owners of the popular Huntley Dairy Mart restaurant and ice cream shop face charges alleging they ran a psychedelic mushroom-growing operation in their home's basement, court records show.
Business | 'Surviving is winning': Tom's Market in Warrenville endures through tough timesSqueezed between corporate grocery chains and discount retailers, Tom's Market in Warrenville leans on the dedication of owners Nick Kostopoulos and Rob Perri, and the loyalty of customers to survive.
Commercial Real Estate | Billboard, hot dog stand's days are numbered as Schaumburg closes on purchase of eyesore siteSchaumburg officials have closed on their $700,000 purchase of an eyesore property containing a crumbling hot dog stand and highway-style billboard in an effort to create a more attractive gateway at the village's northeast entrance.
Transportation | 5 things to know about the finished Terminal 5 expansion at O'HareThirty years after it opened, O'Hare's Terminal 5 celebrates a redo. Here's what's different.
News | 'Feel like royalty': Balmoral in Campton Hills makes Yelp's list of top 100 in the nationBalmoral Restaurant in Campton Hills came in at No. 63 in Yelp's 10th annual list of top 100 restaurants in America, one of only two restaurants in Illinois placing on the list.
News | Chicago man ejected from vehicle after crash near HuntleyA Chicago man was seriously injured when he was ejected from his vehicle after crashing into the rear of a tractor-trailer on Interstate 90 late Tuesday near Huntley.
News | State announces $73 million shoreline erosion project to Illinois Beach State ParkHome to the last stretch of natural shoreline in Illinois, the park has been hit hard in recent years by intense winter storms and record high lake levels, with parts of the coastline having receded by as much as 100 feet in one year.
Columns | End of an era: Oak Brook's First Folio Theatre bids farewellFirst Folio Theatre co-founder David Rice and his late wife, Alison C. Vesely, made their dream a reality when they founded the Oak Brook theater company 26 years ago. On Feb. 26, when its current production closes, the award-winning theater will become a memory.
Chicago | Woman charged with concealing death of mother found in freezer in Portage ParkEva Michalski, 69, was taken into custody shortly after police conducted a well-being check.
Lake County | Deerfield Road widening and key multiuse path connections in Lake County moving forwardKey actions on two projects meant to improve safety and nonmotorized travel in the Grayslake and Deerfield areas are set to advance in Lake County.
Kane County | Man charged after threatening to hurt himself with scissors at Kane Co. courthouseA Batavia man was arrested Wednesday at the Kane County Judicial Center in St. Charles after authorities say he grabbed a pair of scissors at the county public defender's office and threatened to harm himself.
- 9:18 PMRepublicans set to oust Rep. Omar from Foreign Affairs panel
- 9:07 PMWinter storm causes third day of dangerous, icy conditions in Southern states
- 9:01 PMImpassioned calls for police reform at Tyre Nichols' funeral
- 7:35 PMBetter for savings accounts, not for loans: What latest Fed interest rate hike means for you
- 7:24 PMHunter Biden seeks federal probe of Trump allies over laptop
More Suburban News Find your community
- AntiochFederal judge rules wrongful death suit can proceed against Kyle Rittenhouse
- WheatonDowntown Wheaton apartment complex sold to JVM Realty
- DuPage County3 charged with stealing $1,668 in perfume from Walgreens store, fleeing police
- Buffalo GroveLongtime Buffalo Grove police leader retires after 34-year career
- Cook CountyNew leader for Cook County's Department of Animal and Rabies Control
- NapervilleNaperville man struck by car, killed near Edward Hospital
- NewsState grant to fund expansion to Round Lake District 116's Early Education Center
- Girls' BasketballBarrington routs Palatine for 20th victory
- Boys' BasketballDuPage County boys basketball notes: Addison Trail recovers from rough stretch
- Boys' BasketballGlenbrook North's scoring run holds off rally by Glenbrook South
- Girls' BasketballFox girls basketball notes: St. Charles East alum Claussner enjoying life on other side as Geneva coach
- Girls' GymnasticsStrong performance in floor exercise sends Geneva to regional title
- 12:38 AMGala fundraiser to help CASA Kane County 'Be the Lighthouse in a Child's Storm'
- 11:41 PMElmhurst Children's Theatre celebrates 15 years of comedy with 'Unintentionally Hilarious'
- 10:50 PMElgin High School hosts its annual National Biodiversity Teach-In, 10 years after launch of student-led event
- 10:44 PMMaine East and Maine South high schools take top honors at Student Silent Film Festival
- 2:04 PMLibertyville Rotary's fundraiser features The Second City
- 2:00 PMPiecemakers Quilters to celebrate 10 years of community service
- 1:52 PMGet your tickets now for Let's Wine About Winter
- 12:59 PMGlenbard District 87 board approves Glenbard Education Association agreement with new schedule, cost savings
Inside Daily Herald