- Got a question or story idea? Email Us
Illinois | COVID-19 update: 131,411 more shots, 33 more deaths, 3,170 new cases
State health officials today announced 131,411 more COVID-19 vaccine doses have made it into the arms of Illinois residents and workers.
News | 2 Judson University students killed, 2 hurt in crash near campusTwo Judson University students were killed and two were injured in a multiple-car accident Tuesday night on Route 31 near the Elgin campus entrance, school officials said in a news release.
News | Despite outcry, Naper Commons subdivision plans move ahead in NapervilleHousing developers have received Naperville City Council approval to build a new subdivision that neighbors and environmentalists fear will disrupt wildlife habitats in surrounding forest preserves.
Dining | The shows must go on: Medieval Times, Six Flags reopening this weekMedieval Times in Schaumburg is anticipating a renaissance Thursday, while in Gurnee, Six Flags Great America is making plans to provide visitors with thrills they've been without since 2019, starting Saturday.
Columns | Could Toews be back next season? Reports say his health is getting betterReturning after an entire year off would be difficult for anyone, but if Jonathan Toews can get back to 100% ... it's plausible he could pull it off.
Crime | Schaumburg police issue alert over carjackings, vehicle theftsSchaumburg police issued a community alert Thursday afternoon in response to a pair of carjackings that occurred in the village earlier this week.
Lake County | Toddler killed when hit by pickup truck backing out of family drivewayAn 18-month-old Barrington-area boy was killed Tuesday when accidentally run over in the family's driveway by a pickup truck driven by his father, authorities said.
Crime | Lisle condemns anti-Asian bigotry after attack on former residentLisle officials are condemning anti-Asian bigotry and other forms of discrimination after learning a former village resident was the victim of an attack in New York City that made headlines across the nation.
News | St. Charles aldermen want state to change recusal rules for liquor license holdersNow that the St. Charles city council amended an ordinance to allow liquor license holders to serve as elected officials, some aldermen have indicated they'll work to lobby the state to revise its statute that says elected officials with liquor licenses must recuse themselves from votes on all liquor related issues.
Columns | 'We grieve with the Floyd family': Police meet Chauvin verdict with cheers, fears, uncertaintyThe murder conviction of a police officer echoes throughout law enforcement communities with cheers, fears and some uncertainties.
Columns | Dann Gire traverses the year's 'Nomadland' in search of Oscar winnersViola Davis? Carey Mulligan? Frances McDormand? The Best Actress race may be the hardest to predict for Sunday's Oscars, Dann Gire says.
Crime | House passes bill to reclassify drug possession in small amounts as misdemeanorA bill to lessen penalties for possessing and selling small amounts of drugs, including heroin and cocaine, narrowly passed out of the state House Wednesday after a contentious debate.
DuPage County | Glendale Heights presidency decided by 2 votes; other close DuPage races seem settledTwo weeks after the consolidated election, who will be certified as winners is clearer in a handful of closely contested races in DuPage County. But in the Glendale Heights village president race, where Chodri Ma Khokhar has just two more votes than Mike Ontiveroz, will be there be a recount?
More Suburban News Find your community
- LombardLombard Lilac Parade postponed to September
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect using federal funds to help small businesses
- RoselleRoselle promoting yard flooding relief program
- EducationSt. Charles District 303 considering sliding-scale fee for all-day kindergarten
- Kane CountyConfusion about Dundee, Elgin township mental health boards may result in county proposal
- Rolling MeadowsTwo more Northwest suburban vaccination clinics announced
- BurlingtonFinal counts don't change results of close Fox Valley races
- Lake CountyNarrow margins in many Lake County municipal races as vote counting ends
- Prep FootballBarrington, Prospect fired up for MSL Super Bowl
- St. CharlesMinick to be recommended as interim St. Charles city administrator
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Benet closes out perfect spring with ESCC title
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates-based video gambling company fined by state gaming board
- 3:16 PMIndian Americans host mass vaccination clinic in Aurora
- 2:55 PMBatavia High School's building trades classes partner with Boardwalk Shops
- 2:35 PMSaint Raymond School literally 'reads to succeed'
- 2:04 PMGet ready for summer fun at the Wheeling Park District
- 12:39 PMJoin DuPage observance of National Day of Prayer May 6
- 11:31 AMRep. Bos Backed Legislation Supporting Domestic Violence Survivors Passes Unanimously
- 11:31 AMKiwanis Kommunity Garden Fundraiser and Plant Sale
- 11:31 AMContactless virtual plant sale at College of Lake County
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more
We celebrated Easter, donated blood, made new friends and got more vaccines in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for April 3-9, 2021.
Inside Daily Herald