Columns | Rozner: Bears, Foles win thriller as Trubisky finally benched
Passing for 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, Nick Foles made throws Mitch Trubisky would have never made because Trubisky never would have seen those receivers with the rush in his face. Foles sees things before and after the snap, and he communicates such with his teammates, also something Trubisky has never been able to do, Barry Rozner writes.
Business | NY Times: Trump paid $750 in U.S. income taxes in 2016, 2017President Donald Trump paid no federal income taxes in 10 of the past 15 years, according to a report Sunday in The New York Times.
White Sox | White Sox fall to Cubs, heading to Oakland for playoffsThe Chicago White Sox lost to the Chicago Cubs 10-8 Sunday at Guaranteed Rate Field in the final game of the regular season. The Sox head to Oakland to play the A's in the first round of the playoffs. Game 1 is Tuesday.
Cubs | Resilient Marlins are a relative mystery for CubsThe Cubs don't know much about the Miami Marlins, their first-round playoff opponent. They'll be facing some young pitchers they haven't seen many times, if at all.
Illinois | State reports 1,604 new cases, ending run of 2,000-plus case daysEnding a run of three consecutive days with more than 2,000 confirmed new cases of COVID-19 in Illinois, state health authorities on Sunday announced 1,604 additional infections and 14 more deaths from the coronavirus.
Crime | Vandals leave more than $20,000 in damage to Carol Stream parksA rash of vandalism in Carol Stream prompted one park district official to pen a letter asking for the public's help in curbing the problem.
News | Federal judge postpones Trump ban on popular app TikTokA federal judge on Sunday postponed a Trump administration order that would have banned the popular video sharing app TikTok from U.S. smartphone app stores around midnight.
Cook County | Sheriff: Victim not cooperating after Palatine Twp. shootingA 24-year-old man suffered a nonlife-threatening gunshot wound early Sunday morning in unincorporated Palatine Township, authorities said.
Theater | In the time of COVID, local haunts adopt 'scary safe' precautionsWhile the COVID-19 pandemic has shuttered several Chicago-area haunted houses, Aurora, Elgin and Zion haunts will open in time for the season, with safety precautions in place including temperature checks, enforced social distancing and mandatory face coverings.
News | Aurora police seek help locating missing manThe Aurora Police Department is asking for the public's help to find a missing 36-year old man.
Politics | How Trump, Biden are preparing for first presidential debateAhead of the first debate-stage matchup between President Donald Trump and his Democratic challenger Joe Biden, each campaign is promising a stark contrast in policy, personality and preparation.
Columns | My co-workers won't wear face masks and it's stressing me outSo essentially, your bosses are abdicating their responsibility to maintain a safe work environment, opting instead to nominate a junior staffer to be their shoulder cricket. Fortunately, where common sense and self-awareness fall short, etiquette and social conventions can step in.
- 4:59 AMIndia's confirmed coronavirus tally reaches 6 million cases
- 4:55 AMRussia's Navalny visited by German chancellor in hospital
- 4:36 AMAmbassadors appeal for acceptance of LGBT people in Poland
- 4:34 AMGermany launches new search for nuclear waste storage site
- 4:18 AMRussia's Alexei Navalny confirms that German Chancellor Angela Merkel visited him in the hospital
More Suburban News Find your community
- Glen EllynWith small steps, couple hope to make big strides in fight against brain aneurysms
- MundeleinMundelein may give residents a break on water service
- McHenry CountyTwo injured, one seriously, in McHenry Co. motorcycle crash
- NewsRabbis adapt High Holidays to 2020's unique challenges
- DuPage CountyAuthorities say man set ex's apartment on fire near Darien
- PalatinePalatine female veteran and bugler among few of her kind
- Naperville'Naperville Together' street mural painted in city's downtown
- ElginElgin's free bagged leaf pickup to start Oct. 1
- Palatine'I wish we could play': Student-athletes, parents rally in Palatine
- GurneeGurnee library to host climate change talk
- AuroraAurora extends trick-or-treat hours so kids can spread out on Halloween
- Green OaksFox Lake woman killed in crash
- 2:41 PMTwo Marmion Academy students named National Merit semifinalists
- 12:32 PMOperation Support Our Troops-America to host mini-golf outing fundraiser Oct. 3
- 12:20 PMSign up by Oct. 3 for 7th annual Light the Torch 5K in Wheaton
- 9:55 AMMedicare Open Enrollment Begins October 15
- 2:42 PMGlenbard Parent Series, College of DuPage to host author/activist Jason Reynolds Sept. 29
- 1:43 PMECC gets $3.8 million five-year grant to offer continued support for underrepresented students
- 7:35 PMGail Borden Public Library to host author and cooking events
- 7:22 PMElgin City Council to have 4 four-year seats open in the 2021 election
Inside Daily Herald