News | 'It was a great landing': Small plane winds up on road in Palatine
A small plane landed on a road in Palatine Thursday night, officials said.
Education | District 25's proposed return to school could be among earliest in Northwest suburbsAmid increasing calls by parents for a return to in-person learning, Arlington Heights Elementary District 25 is poised to become one of the first public school districts in the Northwest suburbs to reopen its doors, officials said Thursday.
Crime | Netflix 'Cheer' star from Naperville facing child pornography chargeJerry Harris, the Naperville star of the Netflix series "Cheer," was arrested Thursday on a federal charge accusing him of soliciting an underage boy to produce sexually explicit videos and photographs of himself.
News | Illinois records another 25 COVID-19 deaths, 2,056 more infectedThe Illinois Department of Public Health said Thursday that 25 more residents have died from COVID-19 and 2,056 new cases have been diagnosed.
News | Harvest Bible Chapel, ex-pastor settle financial differences, but aren't giving detailsHarvest Bible Chapel, ex-pastor MacDonald, have settled their differences, but aren't releasing details.
News | Batavia dam to be removed, Fox River corridor plan to be developedThe city of Batavia and the Batavia Park District are entering an intergovernmental agreement as it works together to remove what's known as the Challenge Dam while pledging $75,000 apiece to preserve nearby Depot Pond.
News | Lombard's Noon Whistle Brewing to open Naperville taproom FridayNoon Whistle Brewing has expanded its original Lombard site, launched a new production center in Naperville and is set to open its second taproom Friday at the front of that location.
McHenry County | DCFS supervisor in AJ Freund case pleads not guilty to felony child endangerment, reckless conductA former Illinois Department of Children and Family Services supervisor pleaded not guilty Thursday to felony criminal charges connected to the death of 5-year-old Andrew "AJ" Freund of Crystal Lake.
News | Civil War reenactors re-forming their regiment this weekendCivil War reenactors from the 8th Illinois Cavalry Regiment will gather Saturday at Camp Kane in St. Charles in their first event since the COVID-19 pandemic began.
Politics | Candidates for Illinois House 45th, 56th districts debate coronavirus impact, state spendingTwo incumbent state House Democrats and their Republican challengers from the Northwest and Western suburbs debated the governor's handling of the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on the state budget during a recent Daily Herald Editorial Board interview.
Education | Woodland District 50 sues to close Prairie Crossing Charter School in GrayslakeWoodland School District 50 Board of Education filed a lawsuit this week which seeks the closure of Prairie Crossing Charter School in Grayslake. The lawsuit, filed Wednesday with the Illinois State Board of Education, argues that Prairie Crossing failed to meet its state requirement to educate at-risk students and that by taking state funds the school diverts funding for services away from low-income families and underrepresented students in the school district.
News | Naperville panel supports townhouse proposal for Little Friends siteA plan to preserve the Kroehler mansion and redevelop the Little Friends property into 45 townhouses has received unanimous support from a Naperville panel, despite resounding opposition expressed by neighbors in the city's historic district.
- 3:16 AMAP Interview: South Africa to know true virus toll in weeks
- 2:46 AMVirus clusters at French universities give Europe a lesson
- 2:12 AMAsia mostly higher despite Wall Street slump, virus fears
- 2:11 AMAustralia pays $3.7 M to help news agency though pandemic
- 1:31 AMUN food chief urges rich to help keep millions from starving
More Suburban News Find your community
- CrimeThree arrested after drug bust and police chase near Woodstock
- WheatonPublic safety a top concern in DuPage budget survey
- PalatinePalatine restaurant's license suspended after workers found living in basement
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove man charged with aggravated stalking after GPS devices found
- Vernon HillsStalled tennis court proposal moving ahead in Vernon Hills
- NapervilleReopening ceremony shows off improvements at Naperville's Knoch Park
- BataviaBatavia Panera restaurant closes suddenly
- Lake ForestPolice say 'road rage' leads to shooting in Lake Forest
- NewsThieves steal purses from Northbrook Court
- PalatinePalatine man, two juveniles charged in robbery
- Politics47th House District candidates disagree on state's handling of pandemic
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates sets trick-or-treat stance, plans Halloween event
- 7:09 PMU-46 food and nutrition services, transportation departments to distribute meals around community
- 6:30 PMDuPage Children's Museum's Storybook Festival Sept. 26 to explore sciences and the arts
- 3:38 PMWest Chicago's Move with the Mayor Campaign recruits DuPage mayors for friendly competition
- 2:44 PMHarper scholarships open door to variety of training programs
- 2:40 PMNonprofits give school supplies to military families
- 2:03 PMJoin a naturalist for an Autumn Bird Walk Sept. 20 in St. Charles
- 1:44 PMAnderson's virtual book event to feature 'Love, Zac: Small-Town Football and the Life and Death of an American Boy'
- 10:46 AMJack-O'-Lantern Walk returns to downtown Geneva Oct. 2
Inside Daily Herald