Business | Portillo's plans for 920 new locations nationwide in the next 20 years
Portillo's has upped the ante on their growth plans, telling investors Tuesday that they plan to open 920 new locations nationwide in the next 20 years. The hot dog and Italian beef chain currently has 77 restaurants in 10 states and will be up to 84 by the end of the year.
Crime | One suspect caught, two at large after police pursuit ends in Elk Grove VillageOne suspect is in custody while two remain at large following a police pursuit that ended with the suspects' vehicle crashing near Interstate 290 and Biesterfield Road in Elk Grove Village.
Lake County | Bill inspired by July water crisis in Lake County introduced in state HouseNewly proposed state legislation would require utility companies to notify fire departments when water supplies are disrupted.
Commercial Real Estate | Primark to open Oct. 12 on upper level of former Woodfield SearsEuropean clothing retailer Primark will continue its U.S. expansion by opening its second Illinois store Oct. 12 on the upper level of the former Sears at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg.
News | Glendale Heights is renaming senior center for Linda JacksonGlendale Heights is renaming its senior citizen center after Linda Jackson, the former village president who died on Aug. 30.
Prep Football | Five high school games to watch Friday: Another big game for Batavia, this time vs. Wheaton NorthBatavia has played in one big game after another so far, and we've got another on tap this week to highlight this week's five games to watch. This time the Bulldogs face off vs. Wheaton North.
Business of Sports | Wrigley Field concession workers authorize a strikeConcession workers at Wrigley Field overwhelmingly voted to authorize a strike that could occur "at any moment." Around 700 employees at Wrigley Field are represented by Unite Here Local 1.
News | Campton Hills drops Larsen Light Show lawsuit, fires two village officialsCampton Hills officials approved a settlement this week that ended a lengthy legal battle with Brian Larsen -- of the Larsen's Christmas Lights Show fame -- where they agreed to drop the village's lawsuit over zoning violations and pay him $5,000.
Politics | Congressman Bill Foster is using AI, and he's worriedAs the only member of Congress with a doctorate in physics, Naperville Democrat Bill Foster using AI software frequently in hopes of learning more about an emerging field that fascinates the medical and science world and terrifies many others, including some in the federal government.
Crime | Palatine police believe two teens shot dead were targetedPalatine police said Friday they believe the two 16-year-old boys shot and killed a week ago were targeted in a gang-related incident.
Transportation | What drivers can expect when the Kennedy ramp switcheroo starts MondayRamps coming, ramps going as inbound Kennedy Expressway construction continues. Spoiler alert: Fullerton's on the list.
Illinois | State Supreme Court weighs another biometric privacy lawsuitThe Illinois Supreme Court heard oral arguments this week in a pair of class-action suits brought by two suburban nurses, Lucille Mosby and Yana Mazya, who allege their employers violated the state's Biometric Information Privacy Act,
- 5:16 PMLawn mowers and equipment valued at $100,000 stolen from parking lot at Soldier Field
- 3:06 PMLearn about Maryville Crisis Nursery's free short-term child care at open house
- 3:05 PMWalkin' and Waggin' walk and wellness event
- 2:32 PMState's high court opens interactive learning center
- 1:52 PMItasca Bank promotes three
More Suburban News Find your community
- Round LakeAuthorities: Hostage taker who was shot in face, arm in Round Lake is recovering
- ElginElgin man charged in attempted armed robbery
- GurneeProposal to build Texas Roadhouse near Gurnee Mills emerges
- WheelingCash for computers, adult programs in Indian Trails library's new budget
- Sugar GroveZiehm: A party atmosphere at Rich Harvest Farm as LIV tournament returns
- PalatineIllinois group hosts solar town hall in Palatine
- InvernessHusband charged in death of woman found Monday along Inverness road
- Lake VillaGrand Avenue in Lake Villa to close
- AuroraAurora man facing drug charges after month-long investigation
- Prospect HeightsAnnual art sale set for Sept. 30 in Prospect Heights
- GurneeWalkin' and Waggin' walk and wellness event
- Prep FootballScouting Week 5 Lake County football games
- 3:05 PMPottawatomie Garden Club getting ready for fall
- 2:52 PMSeigle Foundation makes grants to address food insecurity
- 2:05 PMStop by annual art sale Sept. 30 in Prospect Heights
- 12:24 PMLearn about home fire sprinklers during live burn demonstrations during Fire Prevention Week
- 11:53 AMMaryville Crisis Nursery to hold an open house Sept. 26
- 11:45 AMApplications now available for Hanover Township holiday programs
- 11:41 AMComfort Inn & Suites Mundelein-Vernon Hills Celebrates Grand Open/Ribbon Cutting
- 11:41 AMGüntner Sets Sustainability in Stone With Six Industry-Leading Pledges
Inside Daily Herald