News | Hometown fans are pumped about Jimmy Garoppolo's Super Bowl appearance
While the Bears won't be playing in Super Bowl LIV next month, many in the Northwest suburbs will have a deep stake in the outcome when native son and San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo takes the field in Miami. "If the Bears can't be in it, this is better or the next best thing," Rolling Meadows sports bar owner Mike Reppe said.
News | Hoffman Estates breakfast honors King's legacy with call to actionHoffman Estates community leaders and residents gathered with neighbors from surrounding communities Monday to celebrate and honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.
News | King holiday 'a day to do something positive' for Arlington Heights churchVolunteers at First Presbyterian Church in Arlington Heights marked Martin Luther King Jr. Day by preparing and serving lunch for those in need. "I think the purpose is to try and create a little more brightness in the world," Associate Pastor TC Anderson said. "Use Martin Luther King Jr. Day to do something positive instead of having the day off and bum about."
News | Choir brings joyous sounds to Judson on MLK DaySecond Baptist Church of Elgin joined with Judson University Monday during the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration. It's the 17th year Second Baptist has joined Judson to mark the occasion.
News | 'Proud to carry the name': Carol Stream remembers village's namesakeCarol Stream, the namesake of the village in DuPage County, has died. She was 77.
News | Oakbrook Terrace mayor resignsOakbrook Terrace Mayor Tony Ragucci has resigned weeks after news surfaced that federal agents had seized $60,000 in cash from his home last year.
News | Vehicle falls on worker at Huntley repair shopA worker at a Huntley auto repair shop was injured Monday afternoon when a vehicle fell on him.
News | Suspects in Glenview attempted murder from Buffalo Grove, NapervilleA Naperville man and a Buffalo Grove man were arrested last week and charged with attempted murder and armed robbery in a December shooting in Glenview, authorities said.
News | If you value local journalism, here's an opportunity for you to helpThe Daily Herald is embarking on a fundraising drive to help boster the news reporting staff through a matching grant program with the nonprofit Report For America.
Columns | Have you waited a long time at a freight train crossing? The feds want to hear about it.A new federal website lets you name, blame and shame the train causing you pain. Local leaders hope the reporting will help land them federal dollars to build grade separations or pressure railroads to offer operational fixes.
Crime | Joliet cop charged with DUI in crash that killed cop from Glen EllynA Joliet police officer has been charged with DUI, and a Plainfield man is also being held, in a crash that killed a Glen Ellyn man who was also a police officer.
News | Watch: Wheaton police officers called to shovel doughnuts off the groundWheaton police officers were called to the scene of a tragedy Sunday: dozens of discarded doughnuts near Naperville Road.
- 2:51 AMChina steps up efforts to control new coronavirus outbreak
- 2:35 AMAP EXPLAINS: How India ended up in turmoil over citizenship
- 2:14 AMThai court acquits opposition party of sedition charge
- 1:52 AMChallenges for public following impeachment, Weinstein cases
- 1:33 AMFeds allow use of opioid funds to stem meth, cocaine surge
More Suburban News Find your community
- DuPage CountyDuPage County once again raising concerns about cell antenna law
- Villa ParkVilla Park man charged in Wheaton 'swatting' case
- Lake ZurichPhase Three Brewing to purchase Lake Zurich Brewing Company
- ElginShow squirrels some love on their special day: Squirrel Appreciation Day
- SchaumburgGOP U.S. Senate candidates to meet in Schaumburg
- PoliticsCensus hiring event Wednesday in Schaumburg
- Boys' BasketballBonder shines for Libertyville in win over St. Charles North
- Boys' BasketballBuffalo Grove hangs on, downs Palatine for consolation title
- Prep SportsSt. Viator set to induct 2020 Hall of Fame class
- Girls' BasketballElk Grove moves to 12-7 with win over Glenbard North
- Girls' BasketballGeneva's big third quarter sinks Buffalo Grove
- Boys' BasketballPoulakidas passes 1,000-point mark
- 7:34 PMPrairie State Bonsai Society to host its first Silhouette Show Feb. 15
- 7:11 PMAnnual orchid show returns to DuPage Country Fairgrounds Feb. 15-16
- 7:09 PMDowners Grove South to bring 'Luck of the Irish' to the stage Jan. 31-Feb. 1
- 5:59 PMArea chess club to host popular tournament Feb. 8
- 2:10 PMDr. Dean Nicholas Installed as 2020 President-Elect of Chicago Dental Society
- 2:08 PMDr. David Lewis Installed as 2020 Treasurer of Chicago Dental Society
- 2:06 PMEgos hilariously clash in ETC's comedy 'Suite Surrender'
- 2:06 PMCommunity Generosity Fulfills Wheeling Township 'Neighbors Helping Neighbors' Motto
Inside Daily Herald