Transportation | 1 track ready, 1 track to come: Elgin rail bridges will help commuters
Metra's new Fox River railway bridge is halfway complete despite high rains, threatened mussels and other challenges. With two instead of one track, it will significantly cut delays.
News | Row houses added to plans for Schaumburg's massive north-side projectSignificant progress continues to be made on the simultaneous redevelopment of the former 322-acre Motorola Solutions campus in Schaumburg and the planned transformation of the area across Meacham Road to the east into an entertainment district complementary to the Schaumburg Convention Center it neighbors.
Columns | Rozner: Of all things, it's a kick that saves Chicago BearsCredit a kicker with saving the Chicago Bears' day, but Matt Nagy played a different football game Sunday. That's a big deal.
Lake County | Why your access to the heart of Volo Bog is likely to remain closed awhileA section of the interpretive boardwalk that takes visitors into the "eye" of the Volo Bog remains closed and needs to be replaced.
News | Deaf actress makes Wheaton Drama history in 'Addams Family' musicalThe first deaf actor in the history of Wheaton Drama is bringing deaf culture to her character and depth to the company's production of "The Addams Family -- A New Musical."
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Rizzo sprains right ankle; MRI MondayThe Chicago Cubs took a blow to their heart and soul Sunday when first baseman Anthony Rizzo left the team's 16-6 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates with a sprained right ankle.
News | Police: Rock star Ric Ocasek found dead in NYC apartmentRic Ocasek, famed frontman for The Cars rock band, has been found dead in a Manhattan apartment, police said. He was 75, and there was no sign of foul play.
DuPage County | DuPage board member wants ballot question on abolishing recorder's officeA county board member wants to let voters decide this spring whether to eliminate the DuPage recorder's office and merge its duties with the county clerk's office.
News | Lake Michigan a boon in climate change era, but faces some risksHow is climate change affecting Lake Michigan? And what does that mean for people who use the lake for everything from drinking water to recreation?
News | St. Charles panel suggests mixed-use development on former police station siteThe relocation of the St. Charles police headquarters creates a downtown development opportunity that city officials say could alter the area's landscape.
Lake County | How new group hopes to promote 2020 census in Lake CountyA bipartisan group of Lake County Board members, local mayors and other public servants is coming together to boost community participation in the 2020 U.S. census.
Editorial | Editorial: The climate crisis so many denyIn this editorial, the Daily Herald says the issue isn't about whether we believe in the threat of global warming; it's about the reality of it
- 11:05 AMMany US women say 1st sexual experience was forced in teens
- 10:51 AMFrench professionals join forces to protest pension changes
- 10:44 AMShale stocks surge as crude oil spikes after Saudi attack
- 10:44 AMUAW official: GM's offer came too late to avoid strike
- 10:41 AMDutch-based court files new charges against Hariri suspect
More Suburban News Find your community
- AuroraOne stabbed during suspected gang fight at Aurora festival
- SchaumburgWhere do people work in Schaumburg? Woodfield leads the way
- AuroraAurora police, firefighter rescue woman from Fox River Friday night
- NewsArlington Heights Senior Center 'bears down' with Hampton appearance
- PalatinePalatine family honored for volunteer work at community garden
- Lake VillaFall festival Saturday in Lake Villa
- MundeleinMundelein swimmers get tips from Olympic medal winner
- LincolnshireBroadway's Adam Jacobs to appear on Huntley radio program
- Oak BrookBond denied for Chicago man charged in Oak Brook sex assault; prosecutors cite DNA match
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village group gets federal grant to battle opioid abuse
- Des PlainesFloodwaters from Des Plaines River recede Saturday in Lincolnshire, but river still rising in Gurnee
- BataviaSuburban Hero: Batavia volunteer helps Kane County jail inmates open their hearts
- 10:33 AMWoodlands Academy Celebrates its Diversity with Annual Flag Ceremony
- 7:55 AMStudents can enter DAR essay contest
- 7:34 AMDes Plaines History Center to host book talk October 6
- 7:27 AMIBJI CARES Foundation Accepting Applications for 2020 Partnership
- 11:53 PMNaperville Park District offers new and traditional fall events for all ages
- 10:59 PMLisle student wins $3,000 National Small Business Scholarship
- 10:47 PMAID victim services manager Yesenia Herrera named 2019 Community Care Professional of the Year
- 10:13 PMLovell Federal Health Care Center to co-host Veteran Town Hall at McHenry County College
Inside Daily Herald