Special Report | Why tax expert, former state rep says Arlington grandstand's days could be numbered
While the Chicago Bears haven't officially said if or when the stately Arlington Park grandstand built by Dick Duchossois will be demolished, its days are likely numbered, according to one expert.
Politics | How this dog's death led to a bitter race for Wayne village presidentWere it not for a dog named Ludwig, Eileen Phipps might be cruising unopposed to a seventh term as village president of Wayne. But her husband's killing of a neighbor's pet triggered a contentious race for Phipps' office and three trustee seats.
Columns | 'We have to prepare': Towns grapple with more freight trains heading their waySuburbs along the CP tracks face the reality of at least eight more freight trains a day. Here's what's next.
Education | District 15 candidates discuss curriculum, board's role in setting itCandidates for the Palatine Township Elementary School District 15 board say board members should play a strong role in setting and monitoring curriculum, but they have differences about what should be emphasized.
Columns | Islamic group marks Ramadan with food distribution for communities in needICNA Relief, a national domestic relief and faith-based group, has launched a Ramadan Food Box distribution across its network of more than 50 food pantries in 24 states, reaching more than 24,000 families.
Transportation | Canadian Pacific freight cars derail in Franklin ParkTwo Canadian Pacific Railway freight train cars derailed in Franklin Park on Sunday afternoon. No one was injured, the company said, and the tracks were cleared within hours.
Business | Stan's Donuts to open Rosemont location FridayOfficials will cut the ribbon on the new Stan's Donuts & Coffee Friday in Rosemont.
News | Biden's Justice Dept. keeps hard line in death row casesBiden has not acted on his 2020 campaign promise to end capital punishment on the federal level.
News | Fire leaves Elgin home uninhabitable, kills several petsNo residents were injured, but two cats and several other pets were found dead after fire broke out in an Elgin home Sunday morning, authorities said.
Transportation | St. Charles plans $3.7 million in street upgrades beginning in MayFifteen streets in St. Charles likely will be repaired as part of this year's street rehabilitation program.
Entertainment | Fun and games in Schaumburg as AdeptiCon takes over convention centerIt may have seemed like all just fun and games this weekend at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center, and that's because it was.
Business | BizWeek: Revitalizing former Rohrman property; closing because of the pandemicThe Week in Business: A developer hopes to revitalize a long-vacant property; A Batavia restaurant is closing because it couldn't recover from the pandemic.
- 6:48 AMArmy pulls recruiting ads after Jonathan Majors' arrest
- 7:03 PMJim Geldermann: 2023 Candidate for Glenbrook High School District 225 school board
- 7:02 PMMarcelo Sztainberg: 2023 Candidate for Glenbrook High School District 225 school board
- 7:02 PM"Skip" Shein: 2023 Candidate for Glenbrook High School District 225 school board
- 7:02 PMSandra Muhlenbeck: 2023 Candidate for Glenbrook High School District 225 school board
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- Campton Hills'Fatally flawed': Campton Hills zoning ordinance under fire
- NapervilleNaperville police cite 12 businesses for underage tobacco sales
- AlgonquinAlgonquin boy charged as adult in crash that put him, 4 other teens in the hospital
- ElginAuthorities seek two suspects in Elgin bank robbery
- Downers GroveFiery fatal Downers Grove crash under investigation
- Round LakeOne of Lake County's 'hidden gems,' children's museum reopens in Round Lake
- ElginElgin merchants push back on proposal to charge 10-cent fee per shopping bag
- EducationHow a controversial law allows local governments to recapture refunded property taxes
- EducationSuburban school board races heat up over library books, sex ed
- LombardWhy some suburban communities are holding off on mowing until Mother's Day
- Boys' GymnasticsBoys gymnastics: Lake Park, Fremd take two spots at brisk Meadows invite
- Girls' BasketballBasketball notes: Catching up with coaching changes
- 6:26 AMNew amenities set to wow crowds at McHenry Outdoor this spring
- 11:51 PMOperation Walk Chicago embarks on Medical Mission to Vietnam March 27
- 11:48 PMI Served Too: The Female Veteran Perspective
- 11:45 PM100+ Women Who Care of Will County donate $7,500 to Will County Habitat for Humanity
- 11:37 PMHall of Famer recalls her time in the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League for Women's History Month
- 11:12 PMAlumni Chef Riley O'Dette visits ECC culinary arts department
- 11:09 PMDowners Grove's new Lytle Auditorium will debut a temporary Lego art installation in late April
- 11:08 PMFamily ties to Project Based Learning at Grass Lake School
Inside Daily Herald