News | Naperville begins transformation of last large open space into new park
The time has come with development in south Naperville to turn a 33-acre prairie farm field into Wolf's Crossing Community Park.
Crime | Schaumburg man died from multiple gunshot woundsA 56-year-old Schaumburg man found dead in his home Monday night suffered multiple gunshot wounds, the Cook County medical examiner's office reported after an autopsy Wednesday.
Lake County | Boil order including Hawthorn Mall, Mellody Farm in Vernon Hills going into ThursdayMore than 1,300 homes and businesses in the Vernon Hills and Mettawa areas north of Route 60 remain under a boil order that will continue until at least Thursday morning. The affected areas in Vernon Hills include two major shopping areas -- Hawthorn Mall and Mellody Farm.
Crime | Chief: Investigation into Carpentersville officer-involved shooting just beginningOne day after a police-involved shooting that injured a man in Carpentersville, Chief Michael Kilbourne said the investigation is still in its infancy.
Business | California Pizza Kitchen closing downtown Arlington Heights locationCalifornia Pizza Kitchen will close its downtown Arlington Heights location Sunday, officials said.
Lake County | All lanes of Route 83 in Long Grove back openAll lanes of Route 83 near Westmoreland Drive in Long Grove have been reopened to traffic. A crash involving a semitrailer truck shut down southbound lanes and reduced northbound traffic to one lane, authorities said Wednesday.
Politics | Runner-up in Rolling Meadows mayoral race wants a primary next timeOn the heels of a contentious four-way mayoral election in Rolling Meadows, the second-place finisher has proposed a referendum to establish a city primary election, in which the top two vote-getters would move on to a runoff.
Crime | DCFS ends investigation into Maryville's Smyth; archdiocese set to resume inquiryThe Illinois Department of Children and Family Services has formally closed its investigation into deceased Catholic priest John Smyth that now is expected to trigger the reopening of an internal investigation by the Archdiocese of Chicago on child sex abuse claims.
Business | What will it take to revive Hawthorn Mall? Residents give feedbackThat a major transformation is needed to revive the 1970s-era Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills is undisputed, but the potential level of tax incentives to do that is an unknown that has some supporters wary.
Crime | Gurnee man accused of shooting two people in Maine TownshipA Gurnee man has been charged with attempted murder in a Maine Township shooting earlier this month.
Crime | State's attorney: Bloomingdale officers justified in fatal shooting of Carol Stream manThree Bloomingdale police officers were justified in the April fatal shooting of a Carol Stream man who charged at one of them with a knife, DuPage County's top prosecutor announced Wednesday.
News | Naperville seeking 'ample time' for recreational pot sales debateIt's time to listen and learn before deciding whether to permit or prohibit recreational marijuana sales in town, Naperville officials say.
- 3:24 AMIran Revolutionary Guard shoots down US drone amid tensions
- 3:11 AMEU leaders set for battle royal over bloc's top jobs
- 3:08 AMSacramento Police Department confirms that a female officer shot while assisting on a domestic violence call has died
- 3:02 AMChina's Xi holds talks with Kim Jong Un in North Kora
- 3:01 AMMalaysia rejects Russian involvement in MH17 downing
More Suburban News Find your community
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect business shuts down amid 'burnt cheese' odor complaints
- BarringtonBarrington manufacturer donates $1.3 million in gear, training to ECC
- WheatonChristopher Zaruba recommended for vacant Wheaton City Council seat
- EducationDistrict 220 parents call new facility for special-needs transition program inadequate
- ElginElgin man missing since Monday
- Hoffman EstatesDrive-through restaurant coming to Hoffman Plaza
- Island LakeIsland Lake Trustee Jennifer Villarreal resigns
- SchaumburgSchaumburg trustees don't favor imposing condo, townhouse rental restrictions
- LakemoorLakemoor man sentenced to 6 years on child pornography charge
- AuroraMan charged with $279K Aurora business theft surrenders, settles lawsuit
- NapervilleDecision delayed on Little Friends land in Naperville
- McHenry CountyDemonstrators seek to keep AJ's memory alive as case against parents proceeds
- 1:12 AMFight the bite! West Nile virus season is here
- 12:55 AMSign up by July 26 for Summer Cheer Clinic
- 9:34 PMAcademy of Dance Arts supports those affected by The School of Performing Arts closure
- 6:05 PMMarklund Wasmond Center to host annual Summer Games June 29
- 1:59 PMHeatherstone Park playground in Naperville is set to reopen
- 1:05 PMHealing Gardens to host 'Centering Prayer' workshop June 22
- 12:44 PMFriends of Geneva Public Library host Swedish Days Book Sale June 20-22
- 11:35 AMPark Ridge resident leaves giant impression at Oakton
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more
Inside Daily Herald