News | Aurora police rescue five from burning home; officer among six injured
Aurora police officers rescued five people who were trapped inside a burning home early Saturday morning on the city's east side, authorities said.
Prep Football | Championship ends 35-year drought for Wheaton NorthWheaton North won the fourth state football championship in school history and first since 1986 Saturday, beating St. Rita 35-6 in the Class 7A title game at Huskie Stadium in DeKalb.
Prep Football | Late defensive stand key as Cary-Grove wins Class 6A championshipCary-Grove's defense held tight when it had to Saturday and the Trojans completed an undefeated season with a stunning 37-36 win over top-ranked East St. Louis in the Class 6A state championship football game at Huskie Stadium in DeKalb.
Columns | Illinois Tollway's $20 million toll-collecting machines are now collecting dustIn roughly four years, a fleet of over 100 automatic payment machines along the Illinois tollway has sunk from essential tools to expensive white elephants.
News | The Week That Was: Schaumburg hotel murder, DuPage Democrat's tweets, Thorntons in MundeleinProgress for the Thorntons gas station planned in Mundelein. DuPage Democratic party social media director resigns over "karma" tweets about Waukesha deaths. Elgin mourns Mike Alft. First-degree murder charge in death of woman in Schaumburg hotel. Families sue in Astroworld deaths of two Naperville men.
News | Super Mario and firefighters: Palatine students create themed bedrooms for young cancer patientsThe holidays have been made brighter for two young Palatine boys battling cancer, after students and staff at William Fremd High School teamed up with a national nonprofit to give them dream bedroom makeovers.
News | Runners dash through Palatine for inaugural charity runWith clear, sunny skies and cool, crisp air, it was an ideal morning for a run Sunday in Palatine. It was even better for the Palatine police officers who organized the inaugural Dashing Through Palatine Holiday 5K, which drew dozens of runners for a good cause.
News | 'Light over darkness': Arlington Heights celebration ushers in HanukkahIn a celebration called triumph of "light over darkness, freedom over oppression" families gathered Sunday in Arlington Heights' North School Park to light a menorah and mark the beginning of Chanukah.
Crime | Police pursuing leads in deadly shooting near Gurnee MillsInvestigators continue to pursue leads, including from video surveillance footage, in the hunt for the killer of a 26-year-old Zion man fatally shot Saturday in a parking lot near the Gurnee Mills mall.
News | Zion man killed in Gurnee shootingOne person was killed in a shooting in Gurnee Saturday afternoon, according to law enforcement officials.
Columns | Facts Matter: Blurred seal not evidence Biden isn't really presidentSocial media users recently pointed to a video that includes a blurred presidential seal, retweeted by Vice President Kamala Harris, as proof that Joe Biden isn't actually president. Those claims are false.
Crime | Westchester man charged in attempted home invasion in Oak BrookA 24-year-old Westchester man is being held in DuPage County jail on charges he tried to break into a couple's Oak Brook home while armed with a gun on Thanksgiving night.
- 6:48 AMMob attacks Pakistan police, fails to grab blasphemy suspect
- 6:46 AMActress Lindsay Lohan announces engagement in Instagram post
- 6:42 AMWary, weary world slams doors shut in face of new variant
- 5:47 AMLebanon's president in Qatar for talks over Gulf crisis
- 5:36 AMLock in: Dozens stuck in England's highest pub after storm
More Suburban News Find your community
- HuntleyConstruction of new Huntley Hampton Inn delayed by supply, labor issues
- NewsVisitation Sunday for Argonne National Laboratory firefighter who died on duty
- MundeleinMultiple fire departments respond to Mundelein fire
- ElginWinter clothing and toy drives to benefit foster children in Elgin area
- Buffalo GroveGiant menorah will be lit on first night of Hanukkah in Buffalo Grove
- CaryCary man accused of walking away from DUI crash
- ElginElgin Farmers Market draws more shoppers, vendors than in 2020
- CaryCary man charged with traveling to meet minor at Shorewood store
- Vernon HillsDirector for Vernon Hills volleyball club suspended for racial remark
- Boys' BasketballHononegah overtakes Barrington in second half
- Boys' BasketballHot-shooting Evans helps Stevenson dump Palatine
- Boys' BasketballLibertyville holds off St. Viator in OT
- 10:32 AMCheck out the holiday craft shows around the Fox Valley
- 12:37 AMSt. Charles High School Class of '60 celebrate 60th reunion
- 11:10 PMCollege of DuPage, Hinsdale District 86 partner on Outdoor Living Skills class
- 11:04 PMCollege of DuPage MPTV students earn top awards at After Hours Student Film Festival
- 10:38 PMGlen Ellyn-Wheaton Chorale's 'Wintersong' returns with a 'Merry and Bright' theme Dec. 3-4
- 10:05 PMSign up for Gail Borden's holiday events, workshops
- 9:32 PMChristmastime at Fine Line artisan gift sale returns Dec. 2-7
- 9:29 PMShop for gifts at DuPage Art League's Yuletide Treasures in Wheaton
Inside Daily Herald