Commercial Real Estate | Schaumburg entertainment district to start with demolition of office complex
The countdown is under way this month for the demolition of a single-story office complex that marks the first step in the creation of an entertainment district adjacent to Schaumburg's Renaissance Hotel and convention center.
Politics | Congressional candidate stands by debunked claim about schools and litter boxesAlthough it's been debunked as a hoax, Republican congressional candidate Catalina Lauf is standing by a tweet in which she said some schools provide litter boxes for students who like pretending they're anthropomorphic animals.
Transportation | Naperville bridge will be reduced to one lane for weight limit starting ThursdayThe Washington Street bridge in Naperville, which is scheduled for major construction work beginning next spring, will be reduced to one lane in each direction after an inspection revealed an eight-ton weight limit needs to be in place.
News | He photographed what the human eye can't see, but his Fermilab exhibit remained mostly invisibleA Fermilab photography exhibit of the nebulas, star clusters and galaxies that fill our universe featured the work of an amateur astronomist from Glen Ellyn. Unfortunately, COVID-19 kept the public from seeing it.
News | Tracking suburban history with 150 big storiesFrom plank roads to toll roads, and one-room school houses to flourishing universities, the suburbs and the Daily Herald have grown up since the newspaper's founding in 1872.
News | Neighbors help extinguish basement fire in GurneeTwo neighbors took action Wednesday night to help stop a basement blaze at a house in Gurnee.
News | Worker seriously injured in fall from roofA man fell about 30 feet off a roof and onto a patio Wednesday afternoon near Woodstock, suffering injuries that are potentially life-threatening, officials said.
Lake County | Two to face more charges in deadly Fort Sheridan confrontation? Officials not ready to sayOfficials won't yet say whether the two young men involved in a confrontation that led to the death of a 45-year-old Highland Park man last month in Lake County's Fort Sheridan Forest Preserve will be charged with a violent crime.
Politics | Secretary of state hopefuls focus on modernization, differ on feesFor the first time since 1998, the secretary of state seat in Illinois will be an open one in the general election. The candidates to fill it are former state treasurer and Chicago Democrat Alexi Giannoulias, and longtime state Rep. Dan Brady, a deputy House minority leader from Bloomington.
Politics | Underwood, Gryder spar over abortion and other issues in online candidate forumThe candidates for Illinois' 14th Congressional District couldn't be much further apart when it comes to abortion rights.
News | Driver in crash that killed 17-year-old Lake in the Hills teenager being sued by familyThe family of a 17-year-old killed in a rollover crash in early August in Lake in the Hills filed a wrongful death suit against the driver of the vehicle, seeking $50,000 or more in damages.
Literature | Second Chicago Theatre date added to Michelle Obama's book tourFormer first lady Michelle Obama had added a second Chicago date to her national tour in support of her latest book, "The Light We Carry."
- 10:59 PMKidnapped California family, including baby, found dead
- 10:28 PMFormer Uber security chief guilty of data breach coverup
- 10:28 PMAsian stocks mixed on strong US hiring, OPEC oil output cuts
- 10:23 PMClimate Migration: Floods displace villagers in Indonesia
- 10:09 PMMissing snow puts famed New Zealand ski areas on precipice
More Suburban News Find your community
- Lake CountyLake County Board District 5 candidates cite public safety, mental health among priorities
- CarpentersvilleCarpentersville trustees approve zoning category for Randall Road corridor
- InglesideCar rear-ends UPS truck in Ingleside, injuring one person
- Prep FootballPalatine's Williams turning heads of college coaches
- Prep SportsGrayslake C. off to strong start
- Prep FootballWauconda's looking good in defense of NLCC title
- Prep FootballSt. Edward's Rolando prepares for home finale
- Prep FootballWest Chicago hits heights not seen since 2002
- PalatineTax break could help bring grocery store to Palatine shopping center
- WheelingAirsoft BB gun prompted school lockdown
- NapervilleDistrict 203 considering dropping Latin as high school course offering
- ElginHeal Elgin free clinic returns for fourth year Oct. 8-9
- 5:50 PMGary UMC in Wheaton offers class on spiritual habits
- 5:43 PMWheaton Gives Back includes winter gear drive and unloading food truck
- 5:03 PMCary-Grove Area Chamber of Commerce's annual Halloween Walk returns to classic format
- 4:49 PMApply now for spring 2023 College of DuPage scholarships
- 4:46 PMApply to join College of DuPage's Maker Market by Oct. 7
- 4:42 PMLocal Chicago artist Larry Roberts' legacy lives on through commemorative Rugs for a Cause
- 4:39 PMFox Valley Orthopedics to host blood drive Oct. 19
- 4:32 PMTurning Pointe foundation celebrates 15 years of serving families dealing with autism
Inside Daily Herald