News | 'Sister Rosemarie's vision': Northern Illinois Food Bank honors 40 years of helping neighbors
Northern Illinois Food Bank is marking 40 years of helping people dealing with food insecurity. The organization recently held its inaugural Founder's Day event to honor Sister Rosemarie Burian, who founded the organization that now works across 13 counties in northern Illinois.
Crime | Hanover Park man charged with murder in fatal stabbing of teenA 22-year-old Hanover Park man was ordered held without bail in the June 1 stabbing death of a 17-year-old during what prosecutors described as a marijuana deal gone bad.
Prep Sports | Baseball: Sloan's no-hitter launches York into state semifinals for first time since '93Sparse clapping from the grandstands interspersed until Ryan Sloan's final windup was complete as history hung in the balance.
Special Report | Bears can continue to gain revenue from Arlington Park billboard, board decidesEven as the Bears flirt with Naperville, Arlington Heights village board members didn't use any leverage of their own Monday when they granted an extension to an electronic billboard sign approval for the new Arlington Park property owner.
Transportation | No more red-light cameras on Route 83 in Oakbrook Terrace, judge rulesOakbrook Terrace can't have its red-light cameras at Route 83 and 22nd Street anymore, a DuPage County judge has ruled.
News | Handing over a mile of lakeshore: Openlands group giving its preserve by Fort Sheridan to countyThe Lake County Forest Preserve District is set to become the new owner and caretaker of a prime natural property along Lake Michigan in Highland Park.
Prep Sports | Softball: Schuler, Antioch headed back to stateAfter one inning of the Class 3A Kaneland supersectional on Monday, Antioch found itself in a strange position, especially in this postseason, when Sycamore took a one-run lead.
Commercial Real Estate | Foxtail on the Lake in line to receive $750,000 from Des PlainesThe entrepreneurs converting a former Des Plaines church into a restaurant are in line to receive a $750,000 financial package from the city.
Kane County | State's attorney finds no tampering in April electionAn investigation by the Kane County state's attorney's office found no tampering with actual vote totals in the April election. However, there was some human error in getting the correct totals posted to the county clerk's website.
Transportation | Tollway to offer more I-PASS payment options for cash customersThe Illinois tollway approved a $3.4 million contract with CheckFreePay to allow more customers to pay for I-PASS with cash.
Music | Festivals June 9-15: Chicago Blues Fest, Rails to Victory, Mundelein Craft Beer Fest and moreIf you haven't made it to an outdoor concert, movie in the park, cruise night or festival yet, there are variety of options happening across the suburbs this week. The best part? Most are free to attend.
Crime | 500+ bills await Pritzker decision in next 3 monthsIllinois lawmakers passed 566 bills through both chambers of the General Assembly in the recently concluded legislative session That sets the table for an approximate three-month bill-signing season for Gov. J.B. Pritzker.
- 12:40 PMImages: Elgin Academy, Glenbrook South and Glenbrook North graduation ceremonies
- 11:33 AMUkrainian dam breach: What is happening and what's at stake
- 10:55 AMWas DeSantis behind flying asylum-seekers from Texas to California? State is investigating
- 10:55 AMPGA Tour, Europe to merge with Saudis and end LIV Golf feud
- 10:55 AMSenior U.S., Chinese diplomats hold 'candid' talks to avoid escalation of tensions
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- AuroraDry conditions contribute to Aurora garage fire
- PalatinePalatine detective earns national honor for preventing teen's victimization
- SchaumburgNational Parkway roundabout construction begins this week in Schaumburg
- NewsChild hospitalized after being pulled from Northbrook pool
- Lake VillaOfficials ID man who drowned Sunday after jumping into Chain O' Lakes channel
- NapervilleFire causes $25K in damage to Naperville business
- ElginShots fired in Elgin
- Carol StreamGreat Western Trail crossing closed for safety improvements
- Prep SportsSoftball: Goodwin, Barrington repeat super win over Warren
- Prep SportsBaseball: Rogers stars at the plate, on the mound for state-bound Grayslake Central
- Prep SportsSoftball: Mistakes cost Lake Park in supersectional setback
- Prep SportsSoftball: Benet shakes off slow start to win 1st supersectional since 2011
- 1:01 PMLive & Uncorked returns June 8 to Blackberry Farm
- 12:39 PMMiddle school band students join Wheaton Municipal Band season-opener June 8
- 12:27 PMAurora African American Health Coalition to host 16th annual Community Health Fair
- 12:21 PMGlen Ellyn-Wheaton Chorale 2023-24 season to feature new collaborations
- 11:54 AMBartlett's Global Arts Festival celebrates diversity
- 11:24 AMTake a trolley ride through history at Fox River Trolley Museum's Rails to Victory June 10-11
- 8:56 AMRolling Meadows Park District seeking applicants for board vacancy
- 6:01 PMJoin Batavia's Flag Day celebration June 14
Inside Daily Herald