Education | U-46 Superintendent Sanders leaving district to become state superintendent of education
Elgin Area School District U-46 Superintendent Tony Sanders is Illinois' next state superintendent of education.
News | Cold snap expected to break Wednesday, but temperatures could plunge againThe suburbs woke up to a deep freeze Tuesday, as temperatures plunged overnight to as low as -10 in some far western communities.
News | Report: Driver dead after car plunges into icy Aurora pondThe driver of a car that crashed into an Aurora pond early has died, according to multiple media reports.
Crime | Prosecutors continue to share evidence in Highland Park mass shooting caseProsecutors reported no issues Tuesday in the lengthy process of reviewing materials and evidence for the criminal trial against the suspected Highland Park Fourth of July parade mass shooter.
Commercial Real Estate | Raising Cane's plan raising traffic concerns for some in Mount ProspectRaising Cane's is coming to Mount Prospect. And so, some residents say, is more traffic congestion at an already logjammed interseciton.
Bears | 2022 Bears report card: Tight end: Kmet started slow but finished hotBears tight end and Lake Barrington native Cole Kmet had a slow start to the 2022 season, but so did the entire Bears passing game. He wound up finishing as the team's leader in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.
News | Driver dies after two-vehicle crash near BensenvilleA Romeoville man was killed in a two-vehicle crash on Insterstate 294 near Bensenville Monday afternoon.
News | Car repair mishap led to massive fire at industrial building in SchaumburgA massive fire that led to the demolition of a storage building in an industrial area of southwest Schaumburg was caused by sparks generated by work on a car, investigators have determined.
Education | At public forum, some say new Dist. 214 boss should be more visibleCommunity members on Monday told consultants from a search firm about the strengths and weaknesses of Northwest Suburban High School District 214, and what characteristics they'd like to see in a new superintendent.
Commercial Real Estate | Billboard, hot dog stand's days are numbered as Schaumburg closes on purchase of eyesore siteSchaumburg officials have closed on their $700,000 purchase of an eyesore property containing a crumbling hot dog stand and highway-style billboard in an effort to create a more attractive gateway at the village's northeast entrance.
DuPage County | No more censure threat after DuPage sheriff, county board chair come to terms on weapons banNearly one week after saying she would seek censure of DuPage County Sheriff James Mendrick, DuPage County Board Chair Deborah Conroy said in a joint statement with Mendrick that she has decided not to pursue the censure and that Mendrick is "committed to enforcing all state and local laws," with the undertanding that deputies won't have to go door to door to check on banned weapons.
Business | CVS Pharmacy in St. Charles closing WednesdayThe CVS Pharmacy at 1500 Lincoln Highway in St. Charles will close its doors Wednesday after more than six years in business.
- 3:18 PMPakistan bombing raises fears over security breach, 100 dead
- 3:10 PMUkraine pushes for Western fighter jets after tank deals
- 3:06 PMFrench officials say 1.27 million protested pension reforms
- 3:06 PMAP source: FBI searched Biden's former office in November
- 3:06 PMSantos temporarily steps down from House committees amid ethics issues
More Suburban News Find your community
- CrimeElmhurst man pleads guilty to child porn charge
- ElginAutopsy determines man stabbed to death in Elgin Saturday
- WheelingPot shop, cafe to open Friday in Wheeling
- St. CharlesSt. Charles' new strategic plan calls for 'balanced and thoughtful' development
- NapervilleDist. 203 increasing substitute pay rate for retired teachers, 'surge' days
- EducationPark Ridge-Niles District 64 board member resigns
- InvernessFremd student expands mission to encourage girls to pursue STEM careers
- NewsDistrict 64 board to discuss replacing superintendent, board member
- BensenvilleMusicians Swap Meet returns Feb. 5 in Bensenville
- Des PlainesHow social service groups can get city funding in Des Plaines
- AlgonquinAlgonquin library starts conversation club for English language learners
- AlgonquinSherman Hospital ER manager named Advocate's Nurse Leader of the Year
- 3:38 PMMission94 firearms education center to open early 2024
- 3:31 PMGlenbard Parent Series speaker to discuss essential skills for young people on Feb. 8
- 3:25 PMGlenbard West recognized for closing gender gap in AP Computer Science Principles
- 3:16 PMScout from Bartlett received Eagle Scout Award on January 29th
- 2:59 PMGlenbard District 87 board approves Glenbard Education Association agreement with new schedule, cost savings
- 1:21 PMMusicians Swap Meet Feb. 5 to benefit Bensenville-Wood Dale Food Pantry
- 1:19 PMGlenbard Dist. 87 provides tax relief through $1.5 million debt service levy abatement
- 1:04 PMGlenbard Parent Series speaker to discuss expanding students' capacity Feb. 1
Inside Daily Herald