Business | Fuddruckers closes longtime Schaumburg location
Fuddruckers closed its Schaumburg restaurant of more than three decades Wednesday night.
News | How Naperville District 203 aims to 'be better' after student charged with hate crimeA school district where a student is facing hate crimes charges also is experiencing an uptick in use of racial slurs, officials said Thursday.
White Sox | White Sox sign Yasmani Grandal to 4-year, $73M contractWasting little time making a big splash in free agency, the White Sox Thursday signed all-star catcher Yasmani Grandal to a four-year, $73 million contract.
Entertainment | 'A dialogue with nature': How 'Illumination' designer dreams up the Morton Arboretum exhibitIn designing one of the suburbs' largest holiday light exhibits each year, John Featherstone becomes a director of sorts for an interactive theatrical production set among the sprawling forestry of the Morton Arboretum.
Crime | Chicago police: Des Plaines cop likely shot 15-year-old during pursuit of robberChicago police said Wednesday the 15-year-old music school intern wounded Tuesday night after their gunbattle with a bank robbery suspect was likely shot by a Des Plaines police officer.
Politics | Watch live: Aide says ambassador on 'political errand' for TrumpIn riveting testimony, a former national security official testified Thursday that a U.S. ambassador clearly carried out a "domestic political errand" for Donald Trump on Ukraine, undercutting a main line of the president's defense in the impeachment inquiry.
News | Naperville teen charged with hate crime for Craigslist postA 14-year-old freshman at Naperville Central High School has been charged with two counts of felony hate crime and one count of misdemeanor disorderly conduct for a racist post last week on Craigslist.
Education | Grayslake District 46 board approves raises for teachers, support staffWeeks after a labor strike shut down Grayslake Elementary School District 46 for one day, the school board has approved pay raises for teachers and support personnel.
News | Why Lake Barrington needs a new local sales tax and is boosting property taxesLake Barrington will use a new local sales tax and a property tax increase in an effort to ensure revenue keeps outpacing expenses, officials said.
Columns | A district spent $2 million on artwork? The story of a story that wasn't a storyColumnist Jim Slusher: Sometimes, journalism involves not reporting things that didn't happen.
Theater | Once 'crazy shy,' Vernon Hills actress takes center stage in Drury Lane's 'Mary Poppins'Vernon Hills actress Emilie Lynn, who says she was "crazy shy" as a kid, found a career in the theater. She's now playing the title role in Drury Lane Theatre's production of "Mary Poppins."
Columns | Feder: WGN axes Bill & Wendy, gives Davlantes her own showBill Leff and Wendy Snyder, who've been Chicago radio partners for 25 years, were cut Wednesday as midday co-hosts on WGN 720-AM.
Crime | Arrest warrant approved for suspect in Buffalo Grove double murderA Cook County judge on Wednesday approved an arrest warrant guaranteeing the extradition of the suspect in a Buffalo Grove double homicide from anywhere he might be found within the U.S. The new warrant seeks the arrest of 64-year-old Anatoliy Ermak of Minnesota on two counts of first-degree murder.
- 3:59 PM1st Honduran returned to Guatemala under US asylum accord
- 3:49 PMAmnesty reports violations by Chile's security forces
- 3:48 PMIsrael's Netanyahu indicted on corruption charges
- 3:43 PMStocks edge lower on Wall Street over China trade anxiety
- 3:42 PMMacy's weak earnings reflect more trouble at malls
More Suburban News Find your community
- Mount ProspectIndictment announced in Mount Prospect crash that killed landscaper
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect Catholic School celebrates Blue Ribbon win
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect trustees OK 2% property tax levy increase
- Oak BrookTrue Food Kitchen opens in Oak Brook
- AntiochInterim superintendent in Antioch District 34 expected in weeks
- SchaumburgNew Schaumburg library trustee sworn in
- Prep FootballScouting Mt. Carmel at Willowbrook in the Class 7A semifinals
- Round Lake ParkMarijuana sales approved for Round Lake Park
- Girls' BasketballCary-Grove downs Rolling Meadows
- Girls' BasketballElk Grove comes back to beat Vernon Hills
- Girls' Basketball'D' dominates as Carmel remains undefeated
- Girls' BasketballGrayslake North falls to Glenbrook South
- 1:07 PMMRW Board Announces 'Jammin' in Our Genes' event Dec. 7th to Benefit Free Mammogram Program
- 11:11 AMRegister for Free Youth Robotics Competition at CLC
- 11:11 AMWauconda High School teachers flip burgers instead of pages!
- 10:16 AMGet in the holiday spirit with Arlington Heights tree-lighting
- 8:01 AMScholarship Assistance Fund hosts annual golf outing to raise money for scholarships
- 7:56 AMPartners for Our Communities (POC) Celebrates GivingTuesday and Builds HOPE
- 7:52 AMLong Grove Lions Club Reaches One Million Dollars Raised Milestone
- 7:38 AMCCSD21 summer construction tallied $2 million under budget
Inside Daily Herald