Crime | Who killed the Kisliaks? Buffalo Grove police remain mum
All the family members found dead in a Buffalo Grove home this week had been stabbed multiple times, the Lake County coroner's office said Friday. But Buffalo Grove police investigating the grisly slaying remained tight-lipped about who might have been responsible.
News | The Mooseheart eagles have landed: They find their new home after their old tree had to come downAllaying fears that they wouldn't return this year, the locally famous Mooseheart eagles are building a new nest about 100 yards away from their old one after the dead, rotting tree that housed it had to be removed.
Bears | Bears QB Justin Fields expected to play against PackersBears quarterback Justin Fields is expected to return to action against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday at Soldier Field.
Business | Elgin Mall vendors hope to make a new home in East DundeeVendors from the popular Elgin Mall are pitching a plan to move into a shuttered Dominick's Store in East Dundee.
News | Fireworks fill the air over Mundelein's holiday treeThousands of people gathered shoulder to shoulder, 75 deep, around the Mundelein holiday tree as Santa Claus flipped the switch and fireworks filled the sky Friday at the Village Hall Plaza.
News | Elgin police chief to meet with union behind no-confidence voteThe fractured relationship between Elgin Police Chief Ana Lalley and her rank-and-file officers will get a chance for some healing next week. Lalley announced on her Friday radio show she is scheduled to meet with union representatives for the first time since more than 80% of the 130 union members voted "no confidence" in her.
Environmental | Suburban tech company the sole U.S. finalist in royals' Earthshot climate awardA Skokie-based tech company is being recognized by the Royal Foundation for its unique climate specialization -- turning industrial carbon emissions into products like running shoes, dresses and airplane fuel.
Crime | Pro skateboarder Terry Kennedy acquitted of murdering Wheaton manCelebrity skateboarder Terry Kennedy was acquitted of murder Friday in the death of a Wheaton man whom he punched in the head.
Cook County | Police investigating shooting of man, woman in Palatine Township Thursday nightCook County sheriff's police are investigating the nonfatal shooting of a man and woman in unincorporated Palatine Township Thursday night.
News | Superintendent's departure isn't only administrative turnover in District 214The upcoming departure of the longtime superintendent of Northwest Suburban High School District 214 isn't the only top administrative turnover at the state's second-largest high school district.
Crime | 2 plead guilty in kidnapping, beating of woman in AuroraTwo Aurora women have pleaded guilty in kidnapping, beating of a woman in 2020.
News | Do your holiday lights have what it takes to win? Here's how to enter our contestTo contend for the Daily Herald's annual holiday lights contest, you have to think big. We're talking lights, music, fake snow, candy canes, inflatables, Santa, Frosty, Rudolph, toy soldiers and, well, you get the idea. Entries will be accepted from Thursday until noon Dec. 9 at events.dailyherald.com.
Cook County | 25% of suburban Cook homeowners saw lower property taxes: See the median tax bill town by townAbout a quarter of homeowners in North and Northwest suburban Cook County saw their property taxes decrease in 2022, while only 7.8% of commercial properties there saw their bills go in the same direction this year.
- 6:27 PMA haunting ghost story in 'The Eternal Daughter'
- 5:06 PMDistrict 300 candidates must file petitions in McHenry County
- 4:51 PMHave coffee with the Mundelein mayor and a trustee
- 4:44 PM5 investment considerations in a down stock market
- 4:06 PMBritney Spears' massive pop songs to land on Broadway, again
More Suburban News Find your community
- DuPage CountyIncoming DuPage County Board members celebrate historic firsts
- BartlettMore Brewing Co., two other downtown Bartlett businesses receive village grants
- NapervilleMisconduct or a team player? Naperville cop's firing winds up in federal court
- LibertyvilleUrgent care veterinary clinic under construction in Libertyville
- St. CharlesPanel recommends approval of TIF district for former Pheasant Run Resort
- BarringtonA canine Chipotle? Barrington business offers restaurant experience for dogs
- NapervilleScholarships to help 'Dreamers' attend North Central College
- East DundeeDickens in Dundee returning with new electric parade
- News'A family event': Annual Santa Run attracts all ages in Arlington Heights
- Prep FootballGlenbard West's Terek decommits from Wisconsin, headed to Notre Dame
- ElginElgin Fire Department collecting donations of winter outerwear for those in need
- McHenry CountyDistrict 300 candidates must file petitions in McHenry County
- 4:14 PMRetired beat cop offers tips on how to protect yourself from pick pockets during the holidays
- 4:06 PMCOD accounting team takes top honors in the PwC Case competition
- 2:57 PMDonation to COD's Spanish Immersion Program honors legacy of study abroad supporter
- 1:28 PMPancakes, Santa visit on the menu at Palatine breakfast
- 12:52 PMClearing project to improve migratory bird habitat begins Dec. 1 at Fabyan
- 11:53 AMKane County offers update on solar field project
- 11:48 AMLet It Be Us announces third annual Toy Drive
- 11:38 AMDistrict 300 school board candidates must file petitions in McHenry County for April consolidated election
Inside Daily Herald