News | Will Schaumburg lift video gambling ban?
Revisiting an issue raised during the election campaign in the spring, Schaumburg village board members Tuesday discussed ending their 7-year-old ban on video gambling as well as what lesser regulations might be put on it.
News | How St. Charles' decision on pot sales could affect medical dispensaryA St. Charles medical marijuana dispensary would likely relocate to another community if the city chooses not to allow recreational cannabis sales, company leaders said Monday.
News | Park Ridge teen sues Juul, Philip Morris for nicotine addictionA Park Ridge teenager who says he became addicted to nicotine through vaping has filed a class-action lawsuit against leading e-cigarette manufacturer Juul and tobacco industry giant Philip Morris.
News | How Elgin hopes to reach 'hard-to-count groups' in 2020 censusThe city of Elgin and Gail Borden Public Library are launching a "2020 Elgin Complete Count" effort next week, including a focus on reaching traditionally undercounted groups such as young children and foreign-born residents.
Education | New accessible school playgrounds are a 'natural extension of the inclusive world'At least two suburban school systems have debuted inclusive playgrounds for the new academic season that are meant to be fun for children regardless of their physical abilities.
McHenry County | Court allows foreclosure sale of AJ's home in Crystal LakeA McHenry County judge Tuesday gave an investor authority to proceed with a foreclosure sale of the Crystal Lake home where 5-year old AJ Freund lived and, according to authorities, was murdered.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Maddon says recent demotions to Iowa not easyThe recent demotions of Albert Almora and David Bote by the Chicago Cubs were not easy, according to manager Joe Maddon.
News | Council denies plan for 24/7 gas station in NapervilleA vacant former gas station in Naperville won't become a new 24-hour gas station -- at least not under a proposal from a group hoping to open a 7-Eleven.
Crime | Lombard couple prohibited from charitable work, fund-raisingA Cook County judge has prohibited a Lombard-based charity and its founders from doing any work, or fund-raising money for any charity, after allegations of theft.
Business | Buffalo Grove hopes fitness club revitalizes struggling shopping centerBuffalo Grove trustees Monday approved a rezoning and special use permit that clears the way for a new 24 Hour Fitness health club to open in the nearly vacant Cambridge Commons shopping center.
Columns | Feder: ABC 7 promotes 'Windy City' producer to programming chiefMatt Knutson, executive producer of "Windy City Live," has been promoted to director of content innovation at ABC-owned WLS-Channel 7, Robert Feder writes.
Bears | Bears still have three big questions to answer in addition to kicking situationBeyond the obvious issues like young players needing to mature and improve, whether everyone is as healthy as possible for the marathon NFL season and Chuck Pagano getting fully settled in Vic Fangio's old office, there are at least three very serious the Bears need to answer before the regular season begins
- 8:40 AMTrump chooses odd adversary in Denmark's strongly anti-immigration prime minister
- 8:40 AMSanders to Trump: 'I am a proud Jewish person' with 'no concerns about voting Democratic'
- 8:40 AMParkland students release far-reaching gun-control plan
- 8:40 AMHe applied for a job -- and ended up on trial for a murder that took place 2 decades earlier
- 8:33 AMNearly 130,000 sign petition urging Walmart CEO to end gun sales
More Suburban News Find your community
- BarringtonBarrington students get warm welcome back to school
- NapervilleCouncil denies plan for 24/7 gas station in Naperville
- ElginElgin man gets 6 years for selling drugs near Wing Park
- WheatonLA Fitness to open in former Ultra Foods in Wheaton
- AuroraTeen guilty in $6K Aurora coin theft, seeks admission to drug court
- Elk Grove VillageHow Schaumburg Community Garden Club continues to share the bounty
- Villa ParkVilla Park woman pleads guilty to bank fraud
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows medical marijuana dispensary seeks to add recreational sales
- StreamwoodTwo-vehicle crash in Streamwood injures 1
- NewsAssessor: Homes values, sale prices up in Schaumburg Township
- Des PlainesDes Plaines won't leave marijuana sales decision to voters
- Grandwood ParkRepublican Carlson to seek reelection to Lake County Board
- 8:38 AMPalatine Township Senior Center welcomes new executive director
- 9:27 PMLearn about heirloom vegetables and gardening in difficult times at Garfield Farm Museum show Aug. 25
- 8:03 PMMuralist Juan Chawuk unveils 'Frida 2020' installation in advance of Frida Kahlo exhibit at College of DuPage
- 7:42 PMNicor Gas begins system upgrades in Itasca
- 7:18 PMVersiti Blood Center of Illinois hosts September blood drives
- 6:55 PMDundee Township Park District to hold free Family Fun Day Aug. 24
- 6:25 PM360° Painting of Naperville supports local students with big donation of school supplies
- 4:52 PMCollege of DuPage brothers create visual timer to help students with disabilities transition between activities
Inside Daily Herald