News | How Sox broadcaster's Benetti's 'Awkward Moments' promotes understanding of disabilities
Chicago White Sox TV announcer Jason Benetti is sharing the "Awkward Moments" of his life as a person with cerebral palsy.
Business Ledger | Suburban malls look to reinvent, reinvigorate themselves as retail slips awayThe demise of the Huntley Outlet Center is just one of many different scenarios playing out across the suburbs as once thriving retail malls look to reinvent themselves or struggle to remain relevant.
Crime | Wheeling man charged with shooting cop held without bondA 43-year-old gunman whose Thursday afternoon standoff with police left one officer wounded and a Wheeling neighborhood barricaded for hours is being held in jail without bond.
News | Weather delays entry for BMW Championship at MedinahDue to heavy storms passing through the region this morning, the opening of spectator entrance gates for the BMW Championship at Medinah Country Club has been delayed until 10 a.m., with parking lots opening at 9:45 a.m., tournament orgainzers announced.
News | Suburban Heroes: Lincolnshire couple saved lives during gas leakA Lincolnshire couple was publicly honored for rescuing two teens who'd been overcome by carbon monoxide fumes in May.
Columns | Constable: Grifters, grafters, govs and Blago leave Lincoln cryingFilmmaker John Davies, who grew up in Wheaton, combines the fate of felonious former Gov. Rod Blagoevich and comedy in his new film, "Lincoln Is Crying." Using the fictional great-great-great-grandson of Abe Lincoln, the film uses humor to recap our state's long history of political corruption.
News | Police: Shots fired in Arlington Heights parkAuthorities responded to an Arlington Heights park Saturday afternoon after an exchange of gunfire, police said.
News | Cops keep getting shot by people who can't have gunsThe man who allegedly shot six police officers in Philadelphia before surrendering just after midnight, following a 7 1/2-hour standoff that ended when tear gas was fired into his home, has a very long rap sheet that makes it a felony for him to possess a firearm. That clearly didn't stop him.
Cubs | Cubs look to Little League Classic to cure road troublesMaybe a Sunday night trip to Williamsport, Pa., and some good Little League vibes can shake the Cubs out of their road doldrums.
News | Fox Lake Cardboard Boat Race canceledFox Lake's 22nd annual Cardboard Boat Race set for Sunday has been canceled as a result of stormy weather in the area today, organizers announced this morning.
Columns | Rozner: Rising star Schauffele in mix for FedEx CupXander Schauffele is determined to live up to expectations. His own.
McHenry County | Probation for driver in fatal 2017 Barrington Hills crashA Rolling Meadows man charged in connection with a 2017 crash that killed a Barrington High School student has been sentenced to probation, court records show.
- 10:15 AMSevere weather in Illinois, Indiana delays Chicago Air Show
- 10:11 AMIslamic State claims bombing at Kabul wedding that killed 63
- 9:51 AMMigrants jump off rescue boat to try to reach Italian island
- 9:24 AMLeaked UK memos warn of food, drug shortages in Brexit chaos
- 8:55 AMSanders' criminal justice plan aims to cut prison population
More Suburban News Find your community
- Round Lake HeightsDog rescued from Round Lake Heights fire
- GrayslakeGrayslake celebrates Summer Days 2019
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect firefighters called to 3rd fire in 9 days at business
- GrayslakeRacers get down and dirty in Grayslake to fight MS
- Long GroveShoppers hunt 'haggle-able' finds at Long Grove Vintage Days
- Rolling MeadowsDignitaries join celebration of Indian foundation's 10th anniversary
- ElginElgin honors fallen Marine with honorary street renaming
- WheelingWheeling 911 center wins recognition for work on missing kids
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Naperville North yearns for new glory
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Barrington will try to maintain recent success
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Consistency keys Stevenson's success
- Boys' BasketballSchaumburg's Hodges commits to Wisconsin
- 11:54 PMExpectations high as new school year begins at Mooseheart
- 10:46 PMBaird & Warner's Good Will Network Donates $120,000 to Support Chicagoland Communities
- 7:19 PMDuPage County Health Department warns residents to never touch a bat
- 5:46 PMCarol Stream teen wins Champion award at Illinois State Fair
- 5:45 PMRadford Green at Sedgebrook celebrates 10 years of five-star ratings from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- 11:07 AMRep. Weber Bill to Benefit Local Taxpayers Signed By Governor
- 11:07 AMConsumers Credit Union Hosts Luncheon for Illinois Legislators
- 10:56 AMIllinois Central Elite-ICE place 10th at nationals
Inside Daily Herald