Communities » Bloomingdale Area News
Interrogation video provides new look at Naperville slayingGrant Muren told police he fended off a violent attack by Charles Clark for more than 20 minutes before he was able to put Clark in the violent choke hold that ultimately killed the man during a fight in Naperville.Last Updated Aug 25, 2016 7:56 PM
Scouting this weekend’s DuPage County football gamesUpdated Aug 25, 2016 6:11 PM
The Week 1 High Five: The top prep football games in DuPage County
Video doesn’t support protester’s claims against Naperville copUpdated Aug 25, 2016 4:04 PM
Dashcam footage released Thursday by Naperville police appears to refute claims by a Lisle man that an officer tried to run him over outside the city’s police station.
Lester: Caregivers are leaving their jobs for higher pay in fast food, retailUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:40 AM
Some employees of Ray Graham Association, based in Lisle, are leaving jobs their for higher-paying positions in fast-food or big-box stores as the clock is ticking on GOP Gov. Bruce Rauner to sign or veto a bill raising pay for caregivers for those with disabilities, columnist Kerry Lester writes.
GOP breakfast focuses on state House racesPosted Aug 25, 2016 1:00 AM
Illinois Republican Party Chairman Tim Schneider will be among the featured speakers Saturday when the Schaumburg Township Republican Organization holds its monthly breakfast meeting at Chandler’s Chophouse, 401 N. Roselle Road in Schaumburg.
DuPage judge orders Naperville cops to release dashcam videoUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:41 AM
A DuPage judge on Wednesday ordered Naperville police to make public video footage from the squad car of an officer who authorities say was falsely accused of trying to run over a Lisle man.
DVC’s best team is anybody’s guessUpdated Aug 24, 2016 7:29 PM
Think you’ve got the DuPage Valley Conference figured out? Think again, football fans.
Bloomingdale Elementary Dist. 13 OKs teachers contractUpdated Aug 24, 2016 7:07 PM
Bloomingdale Elementary District 13 teachers will receive about a 13 percent increase to their base pay over the course of a new, three-year contract.
Bloomingdale reduces its telecommunications taxUpdated Aug 24, 2016 4:49 PM
Six years after Bloomingdale enacted a telecommunications tax to address a large budget shortfall, village trustees are reducing the fee.
- DuPage hires four lobbying firms
- DuPage to buy more equipment for November election
- Could WSC be even better than last year?
- Lombard woman pleads not guilty to running over boyfriend
- DuComm may move to former youth home in Wheaton
- Lester: Illinois Supreme Court justice goes undercover in bond court
- How new addition was ‘made for the future of Glenbard West’
- Wheeling nonprofit, community come together to bury abandoned babies
- College, career fair prepares students for big decisions
- DuPage election agency may impose restrictions on its representatives
Recently shared by others
- Northern Illinois post offices will close for Labor Day
- Family Fun Endurance Bike Ride to support Easter Seals DuPage & Fox Valley
- Month-long Roadside Safety Check in West Chicago
- COD President Dr. Ann Rondeau Keynotes Veterans Day at Illinois State Fair
- College of DuPage Celebrates Investiture of President Dr. Ann Rondeau
- College of DuPage Board Approves Participation in CAREER Consortium
- Charity Holding Bowling Fundraiser to Fight Hunger
- College of DuPage to Host ‘Writing on the Edge’ Conference Sept. 24
- Chaparral Football Preps for 2016-2017 Season, Special Recognition Games
- Mexican Independence Day celebrated Sept. 17-18
- This goose was hanging out at Stratford Square Mall Friday night, near Ballydoyle Michael Hovde jr
- Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth greeting her constituents at a Congress on Your Corner event at Bloomingdale Public Library Vince Gattone
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Pina's Culinery Experience at Taste of Roselle on Aug. 3: Standing back row, Chef Ed, Shawna, Sue; middle row standing, Brandon and Dollie; and center kneeling,Eddie. Linda Chesney
- Snapping Turtle at Goose Lake Kimberly Carl
- Council of Catholic Women selling Spring Decor at annual fund-raiser at St. John the Baptist, Winfield Dee Bryja
- Wheaton North Varsity Boys took first place Sept. 29 at the Lake Park Open at Indian Lakes. Matt Winkleman shot a 72 for first overall and Charlie Vasbinder shot a 74 for second overall. From left: Charlie Vasbinder, John Shadid, Matt Winkelman, Michael Suazo, Ben Shadid and Brad Hanzel. Tina Vasbinder
More Bloomingdale News
- Bloomingdale Sports
- Scouting this weekend’s DuPage County football games
- DVC’s best team is anybody’s guess
- Could WSC be even better than last year?
- Scouting the Glenbard North Panthers
- Football: Will Glenbard West match last year's success?
- Bloomingdale Business
- COD’s nursing program achieves 100 percent pass rate
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
- Glenbard North High School
- 990 Kuhn Rd.
Carol Stream, Il 60188
- Black/Old Gold
- Lake Park High School
- 500 W. Bryn Mawr
Roselle, Il 60172-1978
- Navy Blue/White
Daily Herald Communities
- Growth With Pride
- 41.94954, -88.082564
- DuPage County