WHO leader wants vaccine booster moratorium
The head of the World Health Organization is calling for a moratorium on administering booster shots of COVID-19 vaccines to help ensure that doses are available in countries where few people have received their first shots.
CDC issues new eviction ban for most of U.S. through Oct. 3The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday issued a new moratorium on evictions that would last until Oct. 3, as the Biden administration sought to quell intensifying criticism that it was allowing vulnerable renters to lose their homes during a pandemic.
Indonesia surpasses 100,000 deaths amid new virus waveIndonesia has surpassed 100,000 confirmed COVID-19 deaths, a grim milestone in a country struggling with its worst pandemic wave fueled by the delta variant
EXPLAINER: Where does harassment report leave Andrew Cuomo?Just over a year ago, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was widely beloved for his telegenic response to the coronavirus pandemic
No team gold, but U.S. women show depth during Tokyo staySimone Biles is taking a break. Maybe a permanent one. Sunisa Lee, Jade Carey, Jordan Chiles and Grace McCallum are all basically sprinting to college. MyKayla Skinner is ready to start a family. The six American women who are bringing home six medals from the Tokyo Olympics may never compete internationally again.
Belarus Olympic sprinter arrives in Vienna amid safety fearsA plane carrying Belarusian Olympic sprinter Krystsina Tsimanouskaya, who is seeking refuge from authorities in her home country, has landed in Austria. Vienna Airport said the direct flight from Tokyo landed Wednesday.
Impact of space station spin requires study, official saysA Russian space official says engineers will need to analyze whether a glitch that caused the International Space Station to spin out of its normal orientation could have any impact on the orbiting outpost's systems
Mired in crises, Lebanon marks 1 year since horrific blastLebanon is marking one year since the horrific explosion at Beirut port
CDC team: 'War has changed' as delta variant dangers emergeNew evidence showing the delta variant is as contagious as chickenpox and may be more dangerous than other versions has prompted U.S. health officials to consider changing advice on how the nation fights the coronavirus, internal documents show.
As COVID-19 surges in Tunisia, oxygen is in short supplyThe demand for life-saving medical oxygen has outstripped the supply in Tunisia as the North African country faces a surge of COVID-19 cases
53 winners of pot shop license lottery announcedFollowing a year of acrimony and delays, state officials have announced that 53 firms entered in the state's first pot shop lottery had earned the rights to 55 lucrative licenses.
- 1:28 PMMark your calendar
- 1:26 PMAmid more delays, Arlington Heights apartment project on 'cusp of breaking ground'
- 1:04 PMUnvaccinated, hospitalized: Patient now advocates for shots
- 12:55 PMEagle Scouts honored by Palatine village council
- 12:48 PMCOVID-19 update: 26,667 more shots, 2,364 new cases, 18 additional deaths
- 12:42 PM'90s cover band Run Forrest Run to play drive-in concert in Barrington
- 12:42 PMForecasters: Hurricane season to be busier than 1st thought
More Suburban News
- BloomingdalePaint the Parks exhibit set to showcase Bloomingdale parks, artists
- ElginNational Night Out draws big crowd in Elgin
- St. CharlesSt. Charles aldermen favor new $205,000-a-year economic development director position
- Glendale HeightsHoffman Estates 7-Eleven owned by Glendale Hts. man sells $2.45 million Lotto ticket
- ElginElgin soon could be home to largest corrugated box factory in America
- NewsMasks now mandatory for Stevenson High students, staff
- NapervilleNaperville District 203 to require masks regardless of vaccination status
- ElginPatient charged with trying to murder nurse at Elgin Mental Health Center
- West DundeeTwo suspects in W. Dundee road rage murder case arrested
- AlgonquinAlgonquin Commons adding Ashley Furniture, Barnes & Noble, Tap House Grill, X-Golf
- BensenvilleMan accused of impersonating police officer in Bensenville
- Des PlainesRomanian heritage center plan rejected in Des Plaines
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn reinstates downtown parking restrictions
- NewsMark your calendar
- BusinessAmid more delays, Arlington Heights apartment project on 'cusp of breaking ground'
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more