Communities » Fox River Grove Area News
Lake in the Hills man killed in crash near HarvardA 22-year-old Lake in the Hills man was killed over the weekend in a two-vehicle crash near Harvard, officials said.Last Updated Aug 29, 2016 12:55 PM
Flash flood warning for Northwest suburbs, McHenry CountyUpdated Aug 29, 2016 5:52 PM
A flash flood warning has been issued for parts of the suburbs.
Boys soccer: Elgin, Crystal Lake South, Burlington Central earn winsUpdated Aug 27, 2016 8:42 PM
Elgin’s boys soccer team moved to 2-0 for the season Saturday with a 6-1 nonconference win over Oswego East.
Girls volleyball: Kaneland upsets Glenbard West to win tournamentUpdated Aug 27, 2016 8:30 PM
The Kaneland girls volleyball team pulled of quite the upset Saturday, defeating last year’s Class 4A state runner-up Glenbard West to win the Wheaton North tournament.
Cross country: Crystal Lake South duo takes top McHenry County honorsUpdated Aug 27, 2016 3:49 PM
Crystal Lake South’s Jack Becker was the boys’ champion while the Gators’ Caitlin Bruzzini won the girls’ race Saturday at the McHenry County cross country meet.
Girls volleyball: Scouting the Fox ValleyUpdated Aug 27, 2016 3:05 PM
Here’s what to expect from the girls volleyball teams in the Fox Valley area for the 2016 season.
Prairie Ridge upends Cary-GroveUpdated Aug 26, 2016 11:27 PM
Cary-Grove fell to Prairie Ridge 26-14 Friday night in the Trojans’ football season opener.
Scouting Week 1 in the Fox ValleyUpdated Aug 27, 2016 1:35 AM
Here's a look at the Week 1 football games involving Fox Valley area teams.
Girls volleyball: South Elgin falls to SchaumburgUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:06 PM
Hayley Fisher had 8 kills and 7 digs and Taylor Hankins added 7 kills and 5 digs for South Elgin in a 25-21, 20-25, 25-20 nonconference girls volleyball loss to Schaumburg Thursday.
- Boys soccer: Crystal Lake South notches first win
- Huntley would appear the team to beat in division-less FVC
Fox River Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Salon V’co of Lake Zurich -- a Modern Salon with a Classic Concept
- COD Students Celebrate Start of Fall 2016 Semester
- College of DuPage Cross-Country Opens Season Aug. 27
- Fox River Grove man receives hospitality scholarship
- Northern Illinois post offices will close for Labor Day
- Month-long Roadside Safety Check in West Chicago
- COD President Dr. Ann Rondeau Keynotes Veterans Day at Illinois State Fair
- College of DuPage Celebrates Investiture of President Dr. Ann Rondeau
- College of DuPage Board Approves Participation in CAREER Consortium
- Cary Park District to host Happy Trails Fishing Derby
- Children make pine cone bird feeders at the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) class, hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. During the first part of the class, the children used binoculars to look for birds and count how many they saw. Their results were tallied and added to a global database as part of the international bird count. Tom Benjamin
- Forest preserve employees hauled used Christmas trees to the Baker's Lake heron rookery using all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles. Volunteers from Citizens for Conservation and Friends of Deer Grove East were waiting on the island to trim the trees and stand them upright or lay them flat, providing nesting structures for herons, egrets and cormorants. Approximately 80 ? 100 Christmas trees are recycled in this way every year to freshen the rookery. Steve Halm
- The Smart Arts Class at St. Mark's Day School in Barrington Hills celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with a big celebration. The 4 and 5 year olds learned about the author, read and acted out scenes from an assortment of Seuss books, and dressed in the cat's red and white hat, red bow and whiskers. Dr. Seuss is just one of many well-known authors that the children are introduced to during the year. St. Mark's Day School
- Face N Time takes the stage at the annual Alpine Fest in Lake Zurich. k gerdts
- Artist Kristin Plansky returned to the Fox River Grove Memorial Library to paint a winter-themed Fox River Grove scene to complement the existing summer-themed mural. Jamie Gehin
- Children look for birds as part of the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC). The GBBC is an annual event at which bird watchers of all ages count birds to get a real-time snapshot of where birds are all over the world. The local event was hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. Tom Benjamin
- Ned Zerwic and Ya-Ju Wang are our new physical therapy students interning at Cary Physical Therapy. They are in their second year at the University of Illinois Chicago. Brenda Law, Marketing
- U9 Barrington Broncos Travel Team Spring Classic 2013 Champions: front row, James Ensign, TJ Swidorski, Ryan Anderson, Tommy Kondraros, Danny Sheedy; and back row, Justin Mirski, Logan Eisenbarth, Tristan Roney, Peter Maestranzi, and Brady Dern. Caroline Eisenbarth
More Fox River Grove News
- Fox River Grove Sports
- Boys soccer: Elgin, Crystal Lake South, Burlington Central earn wins
- Girls volleyball: Kaneland upsets Glenbard West to win tournament
- Cross country: Crystal Lake South duo takes top McHenry County honors
- Girls volleyball: Scouting the Fox Valley
- Prairie Ridge upends Cary-Grove
- Scouting Week 1 in the Fox Valley
- Girls volleyball: South Elgin falls to Schaumburg
- Boys soccer: Crystal Lake South notches first win
- Fox River Grove Entertainment
- Low-profile veterans support group celebrates 20 years
- Suburban pilot ready to soar at Chicago Air and Water Show
- Fox River Grove Opinion
- No roads named after this Walkup
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.195674, -88.216567