Communities » Fox River Grove Area News
Huntley’s Stenger, Dundee-Crown’s Brunner are sectional champsHuntley’s Josh Stenger and Dundee-Crown’s Christian Brunner each earned championships Saturday at the Class 3A Barrington wrestling sectional.Last Updated Feb 13, 2016 9:52 PM
Freshman Young hits game-winner for Harvest ChristianUpdated Feb 12, 2016 9:27 PM
Freshman Grant Young hit the game-winning shot with 7.3 seconds to play as the Harvest Christian boys baksetball team notched a 65-64 nonconference win at Hinckley-Big Rock Friday night.
McHenry County District 5 hopefuls have different paths to government efficiencyUpdated Feb 11, 2016 12:48 PM
Three candidates seeking the GOP nomination in the March 15 primary for the McHenry County Board District 5 have differing views on how each would improve governmental efficiency. Voters will chose two from among incumbent Michael Skala and challengers Joeseph Calomino and Andrew Snarski to advance to the November election.
Seniors lead Benet past Marian CentralUpdated Feb 10, 2016 10:14 PM
Benet earned its first East Suburban Catholic Conference championship since 1998 with a blowout victory against Marian Central.
Images: Groundhogs and Huskies means it’s FeburaryPosted Feb 8, 2016 1:00 AM
Ski jumping without snow adds to an interesting February Week in Pictures gallery
Cary-Grove co-op dominates FVC swim meet for 9th straight titleUpdated Feb 13, 2016 8:19 PM
The Cary-Grove co-op boys swimming team won its ninth straight Fox Valley Conference championship Saturday with 373 points.
Scouting Fox Valley area wrestling sectionalsUpdated Feb 10, 2016 8:21 PM
Previewing this weekend’s wrestling sectionals involving Fox Valley area teams and athletes.
St. Edward will take on Bishop Mac for 2A regional titleUpdated Feb 13, 2016 2:29 PM
St. Edward got 30 points from junior Maddie Spagnola to beat Reed-Custer 62-49 Tuesday and advance to the championship game of the Class 2A Wilmington girls basketball regional.
Westminster Christian’s Rejman joins 1,000 clubUpdated Feb 9, 2016 10:38 PM
Westminster Christian senior Dillon Rejman scored the 1,000th point of his career Tuesday night during the Warriors’ 79-45 nonconference boys basketball win at Hinckley-Big Rock.
- Prairie Ridge takes tops honors at Schaumburg
- Ten stories you may have missed this weekend
Fox River Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- MCC to offer FAFSA financial aid workshop Feb. 18
- Janus Theatre pulls back the curtain, opens rehearsals
- Teen Brings Harmony to The Springs at Monarch Landing
- Singers Of United Lands to perform at MCC Feb. 16
- 100 delegates provide their voice to first McHenry County Conservation Congress
- With peak flu season, it’s not too late to get your flu shot
- Shamrock Shave fundraiser returns March 5
- Help conservation efforts by becoming a frog monitor
- Enjoy winter fun in McHenry County
- Chefs square off at Chili Cook-Off in Elgin
- Children make pine cone bird feeders at the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) class, hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. During the first part of the class, the children used binoculars to look for birds and count how many they saw. Their results were tallied and added to a global database as part of the international bird count. Tom Benjamin
- Forest preserve employees hauled used Christmas trees to the Baker's Lake heron rookery using all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles. Volunteers from Citizens for Conservation and Friends of Deer Grove East were waiting on the island to trim the trees and stand them upright or lay them flat, providing nesting structures for herons, egrets and cormorants. Approximately 80 ? 100 Christmas trees are recycled in this way every year to freshen the rookery. Steve Halm
- The Smart Arts Class at St. Mark's Day School in Barrington Hills celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with a big celebration. The 4 and 5 year olds learned about the author, read and acted out scenes from an assortment of Seuss books, and dressed in the cat's red and white hat, red bow and whiskers. Dr. Seuss is just one of many well-known authors that the children are introduced to during the year. St. Mark's Day School
- Face N Time takes the stage at the annual Alpine Fest in Lake Zurich. k gerdts
- Artist Kristin Plansky returned to the Fox River Grove Memorial Library to paint a winter-themed Fox River Grove scene to complement the existing summer-themed mural. Jamie Gehin
- Children look for birds as part of the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC). The GBBC is an annual event at which bird watchers of all ages count birds to get a real-time snapshot of where birds are all over the world. The local event was hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. Tom Benjamin
- Ned Zerwic and Ya-Ju Wang are our new physical therapy students interning at Cary Physical Therapy. They are in their second year at the University of Illinois Chicago. Brenda Law, Marketing
- U9 Barrington Broncos Travel Team Spring Classic 2013 Champions: front row, James Ensign, TJ Swidorski, Ryan Anderson, Tommy Kondraros, Danny Sheedy; and back row, Justin Mirski, Logan Eisenbarth, Tristan Roney, Peter Maestranzi, and Brady Dern. Caroline Eisenbarth
More Fox River Grove News
- Fox River Grove Sports
- Huntley’s Stenger, Dundee-Crown’s Brunner are sectional champs
- Cary-Grove co-op dominates FVC swim meet for 9th straight title
- Freshman Young hits game-winner for Harvest Christian
- Benet earns ESCC championship with different lineup
- Scouting Fox Valley area wrestling sectionals
- St. Edward will take on Bishop Mac for 2A regional title
- Westminster Christian’s Rejman joins 1,000 club
- Prairie Ridge takes tops honors at Schaumburg
- Fox River Grove Opinion
- Endorsement: Roskam for GOP in 6th Congressional District
- Endorsement: Howland for Democrats in 6th District
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.195674, -88.216567