Communities » Streamwood Area News
Krishnamoorthi raises 11 times as much money as DiCianni in 8th Dist. raceIn their race for Illinois’ 8th Congressional District seat, Democrat Raja Krishnamoorthi of Schaumburg raised more than 11 times as much campaign money as Republican Pete DiCianni of Elmhurst by the end of September. But both candidates denied that money alone would be a deciding factor in the Nov. 8 election.Last Updated Oct 21, 2016 10:52 PM
District 54 sets 0.7 percent tax levy increaseUpdated Oct 21, 2016 5:30 PM
Schaumburg Township Elementary District 54 board members will hold a public hearing at their meeting of Nov. 17 on the proposed 2016 property tax levy of $171.2 million — a 0.7 percent increase over the 2015 levy.
Fox Valley police reportsUpdated Oct 21, 2016 4:32 PM
Food, $100 worth of energy drinks and $20 from a tip jar were stolen out of a food truck in the 100 block of Webster Street, it was reported to Batavia police at 7:57 a.m. Monday.
Naperville firefighter arrested in Elgin on child porn chargesUpdated Oct 21, 2016 3:41 PM
An Elgin man — a Naperville firefighter — has been charged with five counts of child pornography after police searched his home Thursday.
Did courthouse custodians counteract Cubs curse?Updated Oct 20, 2016 10:04 PM
If the billy goat curse that has plagued the Chicago Cubs since 1945 has been lifted, fans might have a pair of workers at the Rolling Meadows third district courthouse to thank for it.
District 54 hoping to sell unused Schaumburg landUpdated Oct 20, 2016 6:34 PM
Schaumburg Township Elementary District 54 has negotiated a new deadline of Dec. 5 for developer DRH Cambridge Homes to complete environmental testing ahead of a proposed $1.1 million land sale.
Imprisoned Elgin man charged with child rapeUpdated Oct 20, 2016 6:32 PM
A 35-year-old Elgin man in prison for a weapons offense has been charged with sexual assault of a child.
U-46 support personnel get raises, 4-year dealUpdated Oct 19, 2016 6:19 PM
The Elgin Area School District U-46 school board this week approved a four-year contract for support personnel including average salary increases of more than 2 percent for employees with seniority.
Merge or not? Voters have final say in recorder, clerk officesUpdated Oct 18, 2016 6:12 PM
The Cook County Board of Commissioners voted 10-5 in July to allow voters to say whether the recorder’s office should be eliminated and services merged with the clerk’s office. If the proposal is approved by voters, the merger could be completed by 2020.
- Police soon can monitor what happens at Elgin schools
- Crespo, Baumer talk school funding reform
- How tollway's 'smart road' could make your commute easier
- Water reclamation district salaries average nearly $100,000
- Northwest suburban police blotter
Recently shared by others
- Nine-year-old Bartlett boy leads local charity to fundraising success
- Neighbors in the News: Des Plaines schools staff honored for videos, handbooks
- ECC to close Small Business Development Center Dec. 31
- Two ECC students receive OneMain Financial Completion Scholarships
- COD Offers New Learning Community Classes for Spring 2017
- Writers Read Featuring COD Alums Draws Huge Crowds
- Sign up now to play ‘Bunco for Literacy’ Oct. 30
- Janus Theatre presents ‘Tales from Poe II: Into the Dark’
- Acclaimed musician Greg Brown to play ECC Arts Center Saturday
- ECC Theatre to put on ‘Steel Magnolias’ Nov. 4-13
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- My husky Kota wants to know what the fuss is about? She thinks its a nice day to chill! wendy
- Kristina Kellogg Tottenham U-12 BTSC Stacy Kellogg
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
Aaron Gabriel Prep Sports Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
James Kane Deputy City Editor
Jeff Knox Sr. Director of Visual Journalism
John Radtke Assistant Sports Editor/Fox Valley Sports and Online Prep Sports Manager
Norrine Twohey Community News Coordinator
More Streamwood News
- Streamwood Sports
- Women’s volleyball: Harper tops Madison for N4C crown
- Did courthouse custodians counteract Cubs curse?
- Men’s soccer: Harper’s gutty effort trumps Triton
- Women’s soccer: Harper gets going, tops Elgin
- Men’s soccer: Harper win streak reaches seven in Region IV quarterfinals
- Streamwood Business
- District 54 hoping to sell unused Schaumburg land
- Merge or not? Voters have final say in recorder, clerk offices
- Why cost of soda could surge in Cook County
- Food trucks a hit on ECC campus
- Suburbs call Cook County sick leave law ‘complete overreach,’ prepare to opt out
- Streamwood Entertainment
- Judson to host daylong applied theater conference Oct. 14
- Streamwood Opinion
- Beginning of the end?
- Regardless of who wins, we’re in trouble
- Endorsement: Patlak for Cook Board of Review Dist. 1
- Endorsement: Yes to merge recorder, clerk in Cook
- Endorsement: Shapiro as Cook County circuit court clerk
- Endorsement: Krishnamoorthi for 8th Congressional District
- Endorsement: Castro in Senate Dist. 22
- Endorsements: Roskam for re-election to Congress, Dist. 6
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Bartlett High School
- 701 Schick Rd.
Bartlett, Il 60103
- Dark Green/Navy Blue/White
- Elgin High School
- 1200 Maroon Dr.
Elgin, Il 60120-8197
- Hoffman Estates High School
- 1100 W. Higgins Rd.
Hoffman Estates, Il 60169
- Royal Blue/Orange
- Streamwood High School
- 701 W. Schaumburg Rd.
Streamwood, Il 60107
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.020627, -88.173409
- Cook County