Kindness Gala Foundation looking to honor local nonprofits
The Kindness Gala Foundation was founded by Amy Logan and her husband, Vince, because of a desire to give back after her sister had been a recipient of several nonprofit groups' generosity while battling cancer, one of which was the 2017 recipient, Tinley Wish.
Amy wanted more people to know that there are these amazing groups within local communities who help families in crisis; who give back the majority of funding they receive directly to those in need. Although there are many charitable organizations that are focused on research, which is needed, Amy's goal with the Kindness Gala Foundation is to reach those who need immediate help.
The deadline to apply is midnight Friday, Jan. 31. To submit a nomination, visit kindnessgala.com/nominate-npo/.
The 2020 recipient nonprofit must meet the following criteria:
• Must reside in Illinois, preference given to applicants in Will, DuPage, Kane, Kendall or Cook counties.
• Must not be funded by corporations.
• Must rely on community support.
• Must be a registered nonprofit with Illinois and the IRS and in good standing.
• Must support people and/or families in crisis (severe/terminal illness, catastrophic events), or support people and/or families by providing for their immediate physical, social or emotional needs.
• Not research or development based.
• Must have a waiting list of requests for help or in the process of helping. (The grant cannot be used for incorporation, legal, startup or business expenses.)
• Must submit a detailed report of how the funds were allocated by June 1 of the following year or surrender donated funds back to the Kindness Gala Foundation. Example will be provided to the nonprofit upon selection.
• Must adhere to other requests as outlined in application.
All nominations will be presented to Kindness Gala Foundation Ambassadors for consideration. Nonprofits not selected can apply for the following year. You can be a recipient again after 5 years have elapsed.
Currently, the grant is capped at $5,000 per organization.
Previous recipients are: in 2015, Team Nicholas, Normal Moments, Shorewood HUGS; in 2016, Breast Intentions Illinois and Special Spaces; in 2017, Tinley Wish and Camp Out From Cancer; in 2018, Mandros Family Foundation and Be a Light; and in 2019, Chanooka Wish and Pink Heals-Joliet.