Naperville Township is discussing their 2013 Levy and a review of the October Township activity.
Naperville Township November Meeting: Wednesday, November 6, 7:30 PM, at the Naperville Township Board Room, 139 Water Street, Naperville 60540. The 2013 Tax Levy is being debated:
SUPERVISOR VICIAN'S REPORT -- November 7, 2012
My proposal for the 2013 Tax Levy is $1,799,000, a reduction of 7%. This includes an increase of 25% in our Social Services allocations. To accomplish the additional allocations to children, families, seniors and other needy individuals in our community we need to pass the state wide standard of having elected officials and employees over the age of 65 years to be on Medicare Primary Insurance with the Township providing a supplement. This 2013 Levy will be the lowest in four years, below the 2009 levy.
October was a month with increasing needs in our community. We had a fifty percent increase in contact to our front desk. I attended the General Assistance Training Institute's Fall Training Sessions in Bloomington, IL. Caseworkers Millie Rodriguez and Holly Reuter also attended with over seventy other Supervisors and General Assistance staff from all around Illinois. The Township Supervisors of DuPage County held a meeting and focused on a proposal for a bill in Springfield to keep Township Referendums focused on the functions and duties of the Townships.
Millie Rodriguez-September 2012 Casework Update
September had 10 Emergency Assistance applicants; 9 of those were approved, totaling $2,351.08 in assistance with rent, utilities, and food vouchers. One was denied.
September had 11 active General Assistance clients, totaling $2,695.00 in GA grants. $232.42 was spent on GA Medical.
25 Access DuPage applications were taken again in September.
$950.69 of our Salvation Army allocation was used in September to help 6 Naperville residents with utilities, rent and prescriptions.
There were 170 phone calls, 14 walk-ins and 52 appointments total for September.
Jenny Dawley-Senior Services Monthly Report
10/1/2012 to 11/1/2012
234 Total Calls this month
31 Ride Dupage Applications Done
15 Ride To Work Applications done
7 RTA Renewals done
3 Circuit Breaker applications done
Hosted TRIAD Monthly Meeting and attended TRIAD Fundraiser at Buffalo Wild Wings
Attended the City of Naperville Disability Job Fair and 2 Progressive Tours
Meeting with Lisle Police Chief to incorporate services into TRIAD
Exhibition for Township at Sts Peter & Paul on Saturday 10/13/2012
Meeting with City of Elmhurst for Ride Dupage & Senior Services
IAPCC meeting at County
Jan Barbour- October 10- November 7, 2012
• Attended committee meetings for the November 7 Hiring Our Heroes Job Fair at Tellabs
• Participated in the Saints Peter and Paul Health Fair on behalf of the Township
• Attended all-campus tour of the Alden facility in Aurora
• Met with Lisle's graphic designer to discuss layout for the Triad brochure
• Attended all day progressive tour of variety of suburban facilities including the ProCure proton treatment center.
• Attended an all day seminar at COD regarding veterans programs in DuPage County and veterans scams
• Set up for the Hiring Our Heroes Job Fair
• Organized Naperville Township as a drop off point for this year's Stand Down
• Continue to take reservations for the TRIAD Bingo Jingo event in December
• Ride DuPage client number now stands at 1,409
• Prepared and distributed minutes of the S.A.L.T. Council
• Compiled ridership report for Ride DuPage for September
Mike Barbour-Veterans and Seniors Advocate
Mike has been connecting veterans with state and federal assistance through the Veterans Administrations.
Pete Dixon-Administrative Assistant
1) Front Desk Help in the afternoons.
2) Pictures for R.T. A and Passports.
3) 394 phone calls.
4) 126 LIHEAP appointments.
Helga Mattingly/Joe Pomaranski -Front Desk
3188 contacts; RTA-73; Walk ins-605; Collection Box-276; Museum-1