Lake County voters can learn where candidates for state and county offices stand on important issues at a pair of public forums next month.
One event will be Oct. 10 in Waukegan. The second will be Oct. 17 in Grayslake.
Contact information ( * required )
The first forum will begin at 5 p.m. at the Park Place senior center, 414 S. Lewis Ave. Candidates scheduled to appear include:
• Democratic state Sen. Terry Link.
• Democrat Rita Mayfield and Republican Jackie Burleson, who are running for the 60th House District seat.
• Democrat Rupam Dave and Republican Keith Brin, who are running for circuit court clerk.
• The coroner candidates, Democrat Thomas Rudd and Republican Steve Newton.
• Democrat Chris Kennedy and Republican Mike Nerheim, who are running for state's attorney.
The forum will be sponsored by the Lake County League of Women Voters, the American Association of University Women, the Lake County Council for Seniors and Park Place.
The next debate will begin at 5:30 p.m. at the College of Lake County, in the C Wing auditorium.
It will feature the candidates running for three countywide offices in Lake County: state's attorney, circuit court clerk and recorder of deeds.
Incumbent Democrat Mary Ellen Vanderventer is being challenged by Republican Bob Bednar in the recorder's race.
The coroner candidates have been invited to attend, but a scheduling conflict may keep them from the session, according to a league official.
In addition to the league, the gathering will be sponsored by the Daily Herald, the Lake County Bar Association and the American Association of University Women.