Lake County residents who are seeking employment are invited to take advantage of the free assistance offered by the College of Lake County Career and Placement Services office.
The office is offering a series of job-search events this spring. The following events will be held at the CLC Grayslake campus, 19351 W. Washington St., unless noted otherwise. For more information, call (847) 543-2059.
• Feb. 27 -- Non-Traditional Career Café: 5-7 p.m. in Room T 326.
• March 5 -- Resume Review Event: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., CLC Lakeshore Campus, 1 N. Genesee St., Room 008, Waukegan. Special Session: "A Guide to the CLC Hiring Process" is from 11 a.m. to noon. Representatives from the CLC Human Resources Office will talk about the CLC hiring process and tips on how to stand out when applying to the college.
• March 7 -- Jobapalooza Expo for ages 15 to 21, 6 to 8 p.m. in the P.E. Center.
• March 13 -- Internship Fair, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., B Court.
• April 11 -- Mini Job Fair, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., CLC Lakeshore Campus, 1 N. Genesee St., Room 008, Waukegan. Special Session by a representative from the CLC Human Resources Office.
• April 18 -- Etiquette Dinner, 3:30 to 6 p.m., University Center of Lake County, Grayslake.
• April 23 -- Mini Job Fair, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., B Court.
• May 2 -- Resume Review Event, 10 a.m. to noon, Southlake Campus Atrium, 1120 S. Milwaukee Ave., Vernon Hills.
• May 8 -- Job Seeker Event with workshops and resume reviews, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., C Wing Conference Center.
• May 23 -- JobMarketPlace Job Fair, 1 to 5 p.m., P.E. Center. This is Lake County's largest job fair.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit [URL]www.clcillinois.edu/cps ;http://www.clcillinois.edu/cps [URL]or [/URL]www.collegecentral.com/clcillinois;http://www.collegecentral.com/clcillinois[URL].
Or visit the Career and Placement Services office in the Lake County Job Center, Building E101 on the Grayslake campus, 19351 W. Washington St.
The CPS staff provides professional career and job search assistance to students and alumni, as well as to Lake County residents seeking full-time, part-time or seasonal employment.
They provide individual and group assistance in career counseling, job search strategies, resume assistance, interviewing skills, internships, volunteerism, cooperative education, student employment and service learning.