Learn about carbon pricing at Environmental Awareness Series Oct. 23
The "Environmental Awareness Series" will continue with "Carbon Pricing 101" from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23, in the Wentz Science Center, Room 104, at North Central College, 131 S. Loomis St. in Naperville.
The series is sponsored by a Coalition of Act. Connect. Engage. (ACE), Greater Naperville Area Chapter of Citizens' Climate Lobby, and League of Women Voters of Naperville.
They will offer a primer of proposed national, state, and local bills to lessen carbon in the atmosphere.
There is growing support for carbon pricing as a necessary step to address climate change. It is supported by 88 countries and a broad array of public interest groups yet most Americans know very little about carbon pricing.
Come learn how carbon pricing:
• Is viewed as the most effective policy for climate action;
• Will speed a transition to renewable energy;
• Considered as being a fair and just policy;
• Provides co-benefits of economic growth and jobs;
• Is gaining support on a bipartisan basis;
• How you can support a carbon pricing policy.
For information, visit lwvnaperville.org.