DuPage area students named National Merit semifinalists
National Merit Scholarship Corporation officials have announced the names of roughly 16,000 semifinalists in the 65th annual National Merit Scholarship Program.
The academically talented high school seniors have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,600 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $31 million that will be offered next spring.
To be considered for a Merit Scholarship award, semifinalists must fulfill several requirements to advance to the finalist level of the competition. More than 90% of the semifinalists are expected to attain finalist standing, and about half the finalists will win a National Merit Scholarship.
Here's a look at the most recent semifinalists from DuPage County ...
• Benet Academy: Finnian Adam, Benjamin Lee, Fernando Lisboa, Bronwyn McNamara, Catherine Pace, Christopher Perry, Mackenzie Relihan, Paul Skaluba and Rebekah Vires.
• College Preparatory School of America: Sarah Ahmad.
• Downers Grove North: Ayyan Ahmad, Belle Blanchard, Abigail Johanek, Charlotte Klasing, Amber Moca, Braden Moore, and Cady Murphy.
• Downers Grove South: Zachary Bergman and Mark Haddleton.
• Glenbard East: Sophia Pieta.
• Glenbard North: John Cauilan, Nicholas O'Brien and Jack Van Der Vliet.
• Glenbard South: Michaela Reif.
• Glenbard West: Paul du Vair, Sofia Iannicelli, Morgan Rose and Francis Sheehy.
• Hinsdale Central: Chelsea Biala, Thomas Clark, Catherine Collins, Lucy Fischer, Jessy Huang, Kevin Jin, Alyssa Lee, Daniel Leung, Nicholas Lynch, Selena Ren, Max Schwalb, Ava Severts, Daniel Skora, Jackson Stermer, and Lauren Witt.
• Hinsdale South: Kaitlyn Hurka and Habib Rehman.
• Illinois Mathematic and Science Academy: Peter Baffoe, Frances Balto, Zoe Berthold, Nishant Bhamidipati, Jay Dong, Andrew Du, Nikita Elkin, Ajay Jayaraman, Max Knutson, Torin Kovach, Elizaveta Kuzmina, Matthew Lee, Jacob Levine, Mingyang Li, Richard Ma, Michael McKelvie, Jodie Meng, Sabrina Meng, Krishnachandra Nair, Ishan Nikam, Wonjun Park, Sophia Pribus, Aaron Rodrigues, Moksh Shah, Nathan Shwatal, Arohi Singh, Yatri Sutaria, Roshan Thekiniath, Rohan Upadhyay, Tejo Velagapudi, Sydney Wang, Kara Warcup, Nicole Wolff, Brandon Young-Eleazar and Grace Yue.
• Islamic Foundation School: Mustafa Nawaz and Umar Siddiqi.
• Lake Park: Andrew Miller and Anthony Slade.
• Marmion Academy: Benjamin Riner, Charles Rogers and Alexander Yakisan
• Metea Valley: Emma Carlson, Nina Henry, Samuel Hus, Jim James, Rutika Karande, Emily Kohlberg, Maaheen Maajed, Maya Miriyala, Feina Niu, Karthik Pasupula, Aayush Patel, Nathan Pruyne and Tanya Sheth.
• Naperville Central: Abaida Aisikaer, William Ao, Navya Bellamkonda, Matias Bonta, Andre Emery, Hannah Fewkes, Rishabh Jain, Saachi Kumar, Joseph Li, Sean Li, Jason Lin, Kaitlin Peng, Jacquelyne Qi, Brandon Sommerfeld, Kathryn Southon, Sydney Stephens, Raymond Tong, Hannah Zhang, Melissa Zhang, Kyle Zhao, Vivian Zhao and Mitchell Zhen.
• Naperville North: Kelly Chee, Eric Chen, Haley Cush, Anne Foley, Allen Gu, Helenna Gu, Jason Gu, Kasey Han, Kyra McKeska, Megan Melnikoff, Alyssa Noren, Sanjana Roy, Kevin Shi, Erin Spinner, Zehua Tan, Weirui Tong, Eric Wang, Kaitlyn Woods, Edward Wu, Zachary Xi, Neil Xu, Ann Zhao, Daniel Zhao, Brian Zheng, Kelly Zhou and Taylor Zhou.
• Neuqua Valley: Raghav Anand, Dharma Ayer, Cecilia Chen, Rishi Chiratanagandla, Sanjana Gangadharan, Sahana Gopalan, Devan Grover, Anushka Gupta, Amulya Jasti, Lydia Jun, Seung Gi Kim, Katherine Kingsbury, Jake Klimek, Grace Lee, Jonathan Li, Nicole Lies, Jessica Mann, Brendan McCluskey, Jared Moye, Ritika Nair, Arya Nalluri, Sakshi Rane, Courtney Redey, Camryn Rodrigues, Hope Seidman, Sahej Sharma, Muskan Sidhu and Carolyn Zeng.
• Timothy Christian: Ryan Hammond and Paul Kalapala.
• Waubonsie Valley: Ainsley Ahmadian, Ellen Aucoin, Emma Bridgeman, Nyah Bruce, Ashley Heidenrich, Rohan Iyer, Uma Kothuri, Makenzie Mann, Mohini Shanker, and Kaitlin Skurnak.
• Westmont: Griffin Chapman and Jaden Lydon.
• Wheaton Warrenville South: Rachel Bridges, Jacob Morrow and Emma Nigrelli.
• Wheaton North: Paul Gillespie, Adin Gruenwald, Rachel Huang, Katherine Johnston, Sophie Klopfenstein, Joshua Schulz, and Amanda Tegart.
• York: John Devine, Timothy Hradil, Aaron Ludkowski, Dylan Mahoney, Kol Rollins, James Sampson, Allison Splitstone, Matthew Splitstone and Paige Szipszky.