Crime | 'She stabbed me with a knife. I stabbed her back': Police release Algonquin man's 911 call after fatal Schaumburg stabbing
An Algonquin eye doctor accused of stabbing his girlfriend to death last month can be heard on a 911 call released Friday struggling to maintain his composure as he tells a dispatcher that she stabbed him first during a fight before he stabbed her back with the same knife.
News | Marijuana sales backers organizing to counter visible 'Opt Out' group in PalatineOpponents and supporters of possible recreational marijuana retailers in Palatine are gearing up for a village council session expected to decide the issue next week.
News | Want to go to Bahamas Bowl? Game tickets are cheap, but not airfareFans of Buffalo and Charlotte college football teams just found out this week that their teams will be playing in the Elk Grove Village-sponsored Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl, so it may not be too late for anyone else looking to make an impromptu getaway.
Lake County | Plan to allow marijuana sales in unincorporated Lake County delayedA plan to allow -- but regulate -- marijuana sales at licensed dispensaries in unincorporated areas of Lake County was delayed this week.
News | Horse riders in unofficial kickoff to Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe festivitiesAn annual horseback and trailer pilgrimage in honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe today will be an appetizer before next week's full buffet of religious festivities in Des Plaines.
Lake County | Lake County plow tracking features real-time informationNew feature lets you check the progress of snow plows on Lake County roads
News | Wheaton's first female mayor remembered as fearless trailblazerMarget "Margy" Hamilton made history as the first woman mayor in Wheaton.
Crime | Prosecutors: Man threatened to 'blast' police in Arlington Heights standoffA judge set bail at $100,000 for an Arlington Heights man who prosecutors say threatened to "blast" police following what was described as a standoff early Thursday at an apartment in downtown Arlington Heights.
Prep Football | A record-setting legacy for Hersey standout HansenJordan Hansen of Hersey is the 2019 Daily Herald All-Area Football Team Captain for the Northwest suburbs
News | Batavia considering adding Boardwalk Shops to summer downtown businessBatavia is considering adding several small shed-like structures, called Boardwalk Shops, to be used by local businesses in the downtown during the summer.
News | Lazy Dog restaurant bringing 'opportunity to connect' to NapervilleA popular American restaurant with a dog-friendly patio is coming to Naperville as Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar plans to open there in February.
McHenry County | Second person gets prison in March overdose death of Crystal Lake womanA second person has been sentenced to prison for his role in a heroin-fentanyl overdose death of a 32-year-old woman in Crystal Lake earlier this year.
- 1:33 AMIndian woman who alleged gang-rape dies after burn attack
- 12:50 AMLebanon's journalists suffer abuse, threats covering unrest
- 12:45 AMAP Exclusive: 629 Pakistani girls sold as brides to China
- 12:38 AMTrump to delay listing Mexican cartels as terrorist groups
- 12:23 AM'All roads lead to Putin': Impeachment ties Ukraine, Russia
More Suburban News Find your community
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove board OKs new Woodman's gas station
- LincolnshireLincolnshire to ban marijuana businesses
- SchaumburgSchaumburg police investigate early morning armed robbery
- LombardMan charged in fatal August hit-and-run crash near Lombard
- Prep FootballLake County All-Area Team
- Prep FootballNorthwest Suburbs All-Area Team
- Prep FootballSpritually uplifting season for Warren star Singleton
- Prep FootballThe Fox All-Area Football Team
- Pingree GroveMan pleads guilty to having child pornography, gets 3 years in prison
- BensenvilleDueling White Pines groups differ on Bensenville's plan to replace water mains
- NewsSouth Elgin High team heads to nationals for engine teardown contest
- NewsSurvey has Elmhurst Park District taking another look at projects, referendum
- 11:03 PM3 McHenry Co. 4-H members win awards, scholarship in statewide program
- 10:56 PMHoliday magic illuminates at Randall Oaks Zoo during WinterFest
- 10:50 PMGlen Ellyn Woman's Club celebrates their 125th holiday fundraiser
- 10:45 PMStay healthy for the holidays--get a flu vaccination
- 10:41 PMSuburbanites to climb tower in Fight For Air Climb Feb. 8
- 10:20 PMWinfield Woods fall coat drive a success
- 10:08 PMNaperville Park District and the Y co-host 2019 Community Christmas Luncheon Dec. 25
- 9:41 PMFriends of the Batavia Public Library host Holiday Book Sale Dec. 14
Inside Daily Herald