News | 'We feel like we have poked the bear': Couple, city fighting over backyard greenhouse
A West Chicago couple's plans for a backyard greenhouse have sprouted into a fight with the city, which says the project spiraled well beyond what was originally permitted.
News | Denny Laine, founding member of the Moody Blues and Paul McCartney's Wings, dead at 79Denny Laine, a British singer, songwriter and guitarist who performed in an early, pop-oriented version of the Moody Blues and was later Paul McCartney's longtime sideman in the ex-Beatle's solo band Wings, has died at age 79.
News | Mount Prospect asks court to shut down factory amid ongoing odor complaintsFed up with odors that have been drawing complaints from neighbors for years, Mount Prospect is moving to shut down a local animal feed producer until it resolves its olfactory issues.
News | Back to 'Munger Road': Local filmmaker plans sequel to St. Charles-set horror movieSt. Charles writer and director Nicholas Smith is planning a sequel to his first film, horror tale "Munger Road," set and shot in his hometown.
News | Buffalo Grove approves plan for Tesla, apartments on Rohrman siteBuffalo Grove trustees Monday approved the redevelopment of the former Rohrman property with a Tesla sales center, retail space and apartments. But the decision left some residents unhappy.
News | Affordable housing project in Arlington Heights is a vote short -- for nowAfter a marathon meeting, most Arlington Heights village board members said early Tuesday they're in favor of a three-story, 25-unit permanent supportive housing development for people with disabilities and veterans on South Arlington Heights Road. But because of the peculiarities of state zoning law, the project requires one more vote from a village trustee for it to be approved.
News | Barrington native, teacher, historian, coach and trustee Tim Dunn dies at 72Barrington native and historian Tim Dunn, who encouraged students and athletes at Barrington High School and served the community as a village trustee, died Thursday at the age of 72.
Health Care | Suburban hospital group NorthShore -- Edward-Elmhurst Health rebrands as Endeavor HealthThe parent company of several suburban hospitals is rebranding as Endeavor Health after a merger nearly two years ago created the third-largest health care network in Illinois.
Special Report | Arlington Heights village manager gets second straight 7% raiseLongtime Arlington Heights Village Manager Randy Recklaus, the village's day-to-day point person for negotiations with the Chicago Bears and area school districts over a new stadium at Arlington Park, is getting a 7% raise for a second consecutive year.
News | Senate approves hundreds of military promotions after Republican senator ends blockade of nomineesIn a single stroke Tuesday, the U.S. Senate approved about 425 military promotions after Sen. Tommy Tuberville of Alabama ended a monthslong blockade of nominations over his opposition to a Pentagon abortion policy.
Commercial Real Estate | Stratford Square lawsuit dismissed as Bloomingdale continues effort to acquire mallAs Bloomingdale leaders work to acquire the remaining pieces of Stratford Square Mall, a judge has dismissed a lawsuit brought against the village by the owner of the main mall space.
Crime | 3 charged with having machine guns outside Naperville businessThree men are charged with having loaded machine guns in the parking lot of a Naperville business.
- 6:07 PMVictorian-themed holiday celebration to take over Glen Ellyn History Center
- 4:41 PMBest bets: Matteo Bocelli, Johnny Mathis, Kenny G, 'Hip-Hop Nutcracker'
- 3:08 PMHouse Speaker Johnson is insisting on sweeping border security changes in a deal for Ukraine aid
- 3:08 PMVice President Harris breaks nearly 200-year-old record for Senate tiebreaker votes, casts her 32nd
- 3:08 PMIn a rare action against Israel, U.S. says extremist West Bank settlers will be barred from America
More Suburban News Find your community
- ElginElgin mayor addresses unfunded mandates, water quality and future of the dam
- NapervilleSuspect charged with drug-induced homicide in Naperville man's death
- BarringtonSt. Anne Catholic Parish in Barrington mourns passing of Pastor Bernie Pietrzak
- PalatinePalatine library director who led referendum and renovation efforts retiring
- BusinessCrystal Lake trucking company delays zoning request for proposed expansion
- Lake BarringtonDomanico's Steakhouse in Lake Barrington closing at end of the year
- NapervilleWoman charged with murder in Oakbrook Terrace hotel shooting
- Lake CountyFirst union contract for Lake County court employees
- South BarringtonTwo suffer minor injuries in late night South Barrington house fire
- BusinessMcHenry doesn't want gambling parlors, but defining what those are is no sure bet
- GenevaNew York-style pizza restaurant coming to Geneva is a real family operation
- Grayslake'The dog is everywhere': Stuffed canine brings comfort to new military mom
- 12:34 AMAurora area faith communities host prayers for peace
- 11:33 PMNorthwest Bible Baptist Church to perform 'Amazing Grace' Christmas cantata
- 4:04 PMThe DPCF and three local businesses served 350 Thanksgiving dinners to Des Plaines residents
- 2:33 PMEnjoy a chili meal with Hilltop Community Supper Dec. 12
- 2:04 PMJust in the Nick of Time Market returns Dec. 9
- 11:19 AMGamers smash competition, build community in Harper College's growing esports team
- 11:06 AMHoliday favorites Big-Band style at Palatine's Durty Nellie's Dec. 10
- 8:39 AMImmanuel Lutheran to host free Christmas event for children Dec. 17
Inside Daily Herald