We want your photos
You've seen the amateur photo contest entries that appear each weekend in our Neighbor section and thought to yourself, "I've got a better picture than that."
How to enter
1. Save your photo as a JPEG to your computer.
2. Address an email to email@example.com. Attach the photo. The photo should be at least 2 mb when opened.
3. In the body of the email, include your name, full address and town, phone number, and a brief description — when and where it was taken, who or what is in it, what inspired you, etc. If you are not the person who took the photo, let us know their name and town. If the photo was taken by a child, include their name, age, grade and school.
4. Hit "send," and watch the Neighbor section on Sunday to see if your photo is chosen. Winners are chosen on the Monday prior to the run date. Three winners are chosen weekly; one top winner of each month receives a gift credit to The Frame Shop, East Dundee.
5. You may enter one photo per week.
Well, now's your chance to prove it. We are always looking for entries from all over the Fox Valley, and no, the photos don't have to be of a bird or a sunset.
If you're like the photo staff here, you always carry a camera or two with you to capture those moments that just pass everyone else by. What makes our contest fun week to week is the diversity of subjects, of locales, and certainly the varying talent levels. Remember, this is an amateur contest! You don't need to have the latest and greatest equipment or a degree in photojournalism. But we do want to see those moments that are important to you and your life.
Who knows, maybe your photograph will strike a chord with other readers.
And maybe even the judges on our photo staff.
As my mentors in journalism school used to say, "Shoot pretty!"
This article filed under
- Barrington Hills
- Campton Hills
- Crystal Lake
- East Dundee
- Fox River Grove
- Hoffman Estates
- Lake in the Hills
- North Aurora
- Pingree Grove
- Sleepy Hollow
- South Elgin
- St. Charles
- Sugar Grove
- West Dundee
- Kane County
- McHenry County
- Dundee Township
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close