News | 164 high-end townhouses coming to Bell Works in Hoffman Estates
Nearly five years after the redevelopment of Hoffman Estates' former AT&T corporate campus into the Bell Works Chicagoland "metroburb" was proposed, village board members on Monday approved 164 high-end townhouses to begin the project's long-promised residential component.
News | 'It's like the end of the world has come': Suburbanites await word on relatives in TurkeySuburban families with relatives in Turkey are awaiting word on loved ones who live in areas affected by Monday's devastating earthquake, while their community rushes to launch a local relief effort.
Commercial Real Estate | Accepting Spring Hill Mall's reality: West Dundee trustees OK a new tax district for itWest Dundee trustees on Monday night agreed to create a new tax increment financing district for Spring Hill Mall. The new TIF district will take in most of the mall and some surrounding areas.
Politics | Who's going to the State of the Union? Illinois lawmakers introduce their guestsFrom activists to doctors to union organizers -- here's who the Illinois congressional delegation is inviting to the State of the Union.
Commercial Real Estate | $40 million in state grants to build on 'megasites': Here's where they are in the suburbsGov. J.B. Pritzker on Monday announced the creation of a $40 million grant program to incentivize the creation of large development-ready areas known as "megasites" across the state.
Education | Arlington Heights approves first two expansions for full-day kindergarten in District 25The first set of Arlington Heights Elementary District 25 school building additions to allow for a new full-day kindergarten program earned approval from the village board Monday.
News | St. Charles group grants wishes of veterans, first responders to attend sporting events nationwideWhat began as a father-son challenge to see a game in each NFL stadium during one season is now in its 10th year of helping fulfill the wishes of members of the military as well as first responders to attend sporting events nationwide.
Crime | Few new details in Aurora police shooting of man said to attack with knivesAurora police released little new information Monday about an officer's shooting of a man wielding knives Sunday morning.
Lifestyle | Top teacher: Hampshire High School history teacher dives right into school communityHampshire High School social studies teacher Sarah Thomas "has an amazing personality, energy and is a great leader in our school," according to Hampshire High School Principal Brett Bending.
Crime | Two members of crew sentenced for Ulta robbery in Oak BrookTwo Chicago residents who police said were part of a six-person group who stole from an Oak Brook cosmetics store in November 2021 have received three-year prison sentences, officials said Monday.
Business | Algonquin Best Buy store to close in MarchThe Best Buy in Algonquin will be closing in less than a month, a company spokesperson said.
News | Race to find survivors as quake aid pours into Turkey, SyriaSearch teams and emergency aid from around the world poured into Turkey and Syria on Tuesday as rescuers working in freezing temperatures dug -- sometimes with their bare hands -- through the remains of buildings flattened by a magnitude 7.8 earthquake. The death toll soared above 5,000 and was still expected to rise.
- 9:24 AMSuper Bowl betting projected to reach $16 billion this year
- 9:24 AMLucky player in Washington wins $754.6 million Powerball prize
- 9:22 AMUK police officer, exposed as serial rapist, jailed for life
- 9:20 AMRussia hits more civilian targets amid doubts over offensive
- 7:45 AMBono, a shooting hero, Nichols' family members to join Biden
More Suburban News Find your community
- Des PlainesMurphy appointed asst. majority leader of Illinois Senate
- AlgonquinTwo pets rescued from fire in Algonquin
- DuPage CountyFormer longtime WGN anchor and suburban radio host Jack Taylor dies at 94
- InglesideVictim of Lake Villa-area crash identified as 73-year-old Ingleside man
- Oakbrook TerraceDrury Lane's 'A Chorus Line' a singular sensation indeed
- PalatineGreat Chili Cook Off of Palatine set for Feb. 26
- MundeleinMundelein State of the Village address set for Feb. 13
- CarpentersvilleDundee Township garden club offers scholarship
- PoliticsElmhurst candidates to debate key issues in League of Women Voters forum
- Girls' GymnasticsGirls gymnastics: Lake Park 2nd to DeKalb-Sycamore at sectional, hopes for at-large state berth
- Girls' BasketballLibertyville rallies for wild win over neighboring Carmel
- Mount ProspectTwo charged with three break-ins at Mount Prospect homes
- 9:18 AMSchaumburg Coffee with the Council Feb. 11
- 10:59 PMDowners Grove church hosts benefit concert for Bridge Communities Feb. 26
- 10:05 PMAurora's Schingoethe Center opens new exhibit focused on the theme of home
- 9:37 PMThe Naperville Winds perform an evening of 20th-century music Feb. 23
- 8:40 PMNorthern Illinois Food Bank gets grant from The Community Foundation for McHenry County
- 8:07 PMDonate blood at Wheaton's Gary UMC Feb. 15
- 7:52 PMBensenville Park District board approves facilities assessment
- 7:02 PMDocumentary on monarch butterflies to be shown at Bloomingdale Public Library
Inside Daily Herald