News | COVID-19 public health emergency declarations end soon. What will change?
No more at-home COVID-19 test reimbursement, for starters.
News | Two killed in early morning Vernon Hills apartment fireTwo people were killed early Sunday after fire broke out in a Vernon Hills apartment building, authorities said.
Politics | Election workers wanted in Cook, DuPage, McHenry countiesSome suburban county clerk offices have boosted pay rates for those positions.
News | Dozens displaced after Palatine apartment fireEmergency crews responded Sunday night to a fire at an apartment building in Palatine.
News | St. Charles bar faces hearing over unauthorized fireworks displayAlley 64 in downtown St. Charles could face disciplinary action after police alleged the establishment held a rooftop fireworks show in February without permission from the city.
News | How health care has changed forever after 3 years of the COVID-19 pandemicSuburban doctors reflect on the challenges and triumphs they've witnessed during three years on the front lines of a pandemic and how COVID-19 likely changed health care practices forever.
News | 'The way it works in nature': How to make your lawn more sustainable this yearWith spring around the corner, local environmental groups are sharing sustainable practices that gardeners and lawn hobbyists can try this year -- from composting at home to planting for pollinators.
News | Five hurt, one critically, in Arlington Heights crashFive people were injured, one critically, in a single-car crash in Arlington Heights Saturday afternoon, officials said. A blue 2012 Ford Escape was traveling south on Arlington Heights Road at Magnolia, south of Central Road, when it crashed into the sign for AAEC Credit Union at the southwest corner of the intersection, according to a news release from the Arlington Heights Police Department.
Education | Hoping students become the teachers: Schools' educator programs aimed at addressing shortageHundreds of students are in Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211's career pathway program that gives high school students an inside look at being a teacher. It's one of several suburban districts undertaking such a program.
Editorial | A summary of endorsements in local electionsExpanded early in-person voting begins Monday for candidates for community college, school board and municipal offices in the April 4 election. Here are the Daily Herald's endorsements in selected suburban contests. Municipal Boards
News | No injuries in single-family home fire in Mount ProspectMount Prospect firefighters quickly put out a fire in the 300 block of Lonnquist Boulevard
News | No injuries, one unit uninhabitable after Naperville apartment fireNo injuries were reported after fire broke out in a Naperville apartment building Sunday morning, but one unit was left uninhabitable, authorities said.
- 11:52 PMHow to shop for new insurance if you lose Medicaid coverage
- 10:20 PM'Shazam! Fury of the Gods' stumbles with $30.5 million debut
- 8:41 PMNew York Community Bank to buy failed Signature Bank of N.Y.
- 8:24 PMLeading lady keeps 'Tina Turner' rolling despite musical's paper-thin plot
- 7:58 PMRepublican bills in Wisconsin, other states urge cash bail
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- AntiochAntioch police: Man apparently shot himself during standoff
- AuroraPolice: Person stabbed in downtown Aurora, suspect in custody
- McHenry CountyDeck fire near McHenry quickly extinguished
- BusinessBizWeek: A Portillo's with no dining room; Moody's gives Illinois an A
- Hanover ParkSchaumburg library branches now open at 9 a.m.
- St. CharlesSt. Charles bar faces hearing over unauthorized fireworks display
- Hoffman EstatesFBI looking for potental victims of Hoffman Estates doctor accused of health care fraud
- ElginFatal Elgin shooting under investigation
- EducationDistrict 207 board set to approve $1.1 million in roofing contracts
- NapervilleBob Odenkirk brings 'Lucky Hank' to ornery life in new AMC dramedy
- Hoffman EstatesHow Hoffman Estates trustee candidates view the disconnection of over 200 western acres
- Lombard'I was very lucky': Suburban World War II veteran looks back as he turns 102
- 6:17 PMGrammy winner Jim Peterik headlines Norris' 45th anniversary event April 15
- 6:10 PMSeigle Foundation awards $168k in Elgin arts grants
- 5:42 PMAlexander Leigh Center for Autism holds ribbon-cutting ceremony
- 5:27 PMInterim chief will lead Roselle Police Department
- 5:21 PMNaperville's Our Saviour's Lutheran extends warm welcome for Holy Week and Easter services
- 5:18 PMGlenbard Parent Series speaker to offer tips to harness intense feelings and let go of perfectionism
- 2:27 PMHoppin' for Hanover returns to Izaak Walton Youth Center
- 1:20 PMIllinois Libraries Present to host virtual visit with actor, author and restauranteur Danny Trejo
Inside Daily Herald