News | Schaumburg resident calls trustees Grinches over holiday display restriction
A Schaumburg resident who for 20 years created large holiday spectacles featuring colorful, lighted arches is now using his decorations to send a message to village officials, who earlier this year voted to enforce a ban on displays that cross sidewalks.
News | Senate leader, presidential candidate Bob Dole dies at 98Bob Dole, who overcame disabling war wounds to become a sharp-tongued Senate leader from Kansas, a Republican presidential candidate and then a symbol and celebrant of his dwindling generation of World War II veterans, has died. He was 98.
Prep Football | Presenting the 2021 Daily Herald All-Area football teamsWheaton North's Mark Forcucci, Cary-Grove's Jameson Sheehan, Maine South's Mike Sajenko and Warren's Maurice Edwards are the captains of the 2021 Daily Herald All-Area football teams.
Columns | Constable: Barrington teen in rare air going for World Cup of Indoor SkydivingA master of the wind, 15-year-old Gigi Keuer of Barrington is part of an all-girl team that won the chance to compete in the World Cup of Indoor Skydiving 2022 in Belgium.
Columns | How Japanese Americans rebuilt their lives in the suburbs after Pearl Harbor, war internmentsTuesday marks the 80th anniversary of Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor naval station on Dec. 7, 1941. Like many Americans, Jean Mishima of Glenview remembers the chaotic aftermath of the attack as if it happened yesterday. Mishima now reflects on how that infamous day altered the futures of her family and those of thousands of people of Japanese descent who were uprooted and incarcerated in the months after the attack.
News | The Week That Was: Algonquin pair killed, Buffalo Grove police shooting, federal probe of ItascaTwo Algonquin residents are found dead after well-being check. Buffalo Grove police shoot and kill an Elgin man who was firing guns. The U.S. attorney's office is investigating Itasca over the Haymarket proposal. Old Mount Prospect police patches are now for sale for charity. United Airlines moving 900 workers to Arlington Heights.
Politics | With Kinzinger out, candidates abandon 16th District raceWith U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger not seeking reelection, candidates for the 16th House District seat are looking to run elsewhere.
News | Rolling Meadows police seeking missing 86-year-old womanRolling Meadows police are seeking the public's assistance in locating an 86-year-old woman who went missing Saturday evening and has a condition that places her in danger.
Kane County | Carpentersville man killed in crash near HampshireA Carpentersville man was killed early Sunday morning in a single-vehicle crash near Hampshire, Kane County sheriff's police said.
Crime | Wisconsin man found shot to death in North Chicago homeThe Lake County Major Crime Task Force and North Chicago police are investigating the fatal shooting of a Wisconsin man found dead early Sunday morning inside a home.
Crime | Fox Lake woman charged with stabbing former boyfriendA 29-year-old Fox Lake woman is being held on $750,000 bail on charges she stabbed a former boyfriend. The woman's ex-husband is charged with misdemeanor battery in the same incident, which took place Friday afternoon.
College Sports | Backs against wall, College of DuPage wills way to win NJCAA Division III titleAfter blowing a 21-point lead, the College of DuPage football team rallied in the final minute to claim the inaugural NJCAA Division III Football Championship on Saturday. "That game was the way the season has gone," coach Matthew Rahn said. "We have tough, resilient kids. They are fighters."
- 3:12 PMFauci says early reports encouraging about omicron variant
- 3:02 PMReaction to Bob Dole's death from US dignitaries, veterans
- 3:01 PMSenate leader, presidential candidate Bob Dole dies at 98
- 2:42 PMChris Cuomo was accused of harassment days before CNN firing
- 2:18 PMAudiences go for a second helping of '˜Encanto'
More Suburban News Find your community
- East DundeeSanta, bands highlights of Dundees' Spirit of Christmas parade
- Round LakeVeterans Helping Veterans: Lake County service officer finds work rewarding
- Prep WrestlingStevenson bounces back strong at Grant triple-dual
- Prep FootballSheehan leads Cary-Grove to undefeated season, Class 6A state crown with steady play, toughness
- Prep FootballWarren's Edwards -- a player who, simply, has it all
- Prep FootballForcucci guides Wheaton North to state title with stellar play at QB, strong leadership skills
- Prep FootballMaine South's Sajenko thrived in leading Hawks to state title game
- Girls' GymnasticsGirls gymnastics: Kauffman leads Lake Zurich to Galatte crown
- Prep FootballPresenting the 2021 All-Area Football Team / DuPage County
- Prep FootballPresenting the 2021 All-Area Football Team / Fox
- Prep FootballPresenting the 2021 All-Area Football Team / Northwest suburbs
- Prep FootballPresenting the 2021 Lake County All-Area Football Team
- 5:00 PMKane County Health Department urges vaccination, prevention in wake of new COVID Omicron variant
- 3:29 PMThe Second City returns to the MAC with 'It's a Wild, Wacky, Wonderful Life' Dec. 12
- 12:18 PMRegister your little ones for Little Saplings nature programs
- 10:58 AMCLC celebrates Advanced Technology Center Progress, $2M donation
- 10:58 AMAntioch Traveling Closet's Winter Giveaway Event, December 12
- 9:12 AMSt. Emily NJHS members assemble Blessing Bags
- 9:07 AMSeveral District 207 Students Selected for Illinois Music Education Conference All-State Festival
- 8:58 AMCelebrate the season at Schaumburg Library
Inside Daily Herald