Lake County Housing Authority Receives $116,090 Energy Grant
The Efficient Living: Illinois Public Housing Authority Energy Program of the University of Illinois at the Urbana-Champaign Campus and the Illinois Energy Office at the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) are pleased to announce that the Lake County Housing Authority has been selected to receive an Efficient Living Electric Grant Sub Award of $116,090 for program year six. This grant is to implement Energy Cost Reduction Measures (ECRM) in the properties that the PHA owns and manages.
The identified electric measures for a total of $116,090 are:
• Replace a minimum of 121 inefficient incandescent lamps with CFLs @ $242.
• Replace a minimum of 566 inefficient incandescent fixtures with CFL fixtures @ $32,093.
• Replace a minimum of 651 4' T12s with T8 lamp and ballasts @ $11,718.
• Replace a minimum of 24 3' T12s with T8 lamp and ballasts @ $360.
• Install a minimum of 108 Bi-level hallway/stairwell lighting fixtures @ $24,840.
• Replace a minimum of 25 inefficient outdoor lighting fixtures with LED @ $5,077.
• Replace a minimum of 72 inefficient refrigerators with ENERGY STAR refrigerators @ $39,600.
• Haul & recycle a minimum of 72 refrigerators @ $2,160.
All replacement measures must be completed by May 31, 2014.
DCEO is the lead state agency responsible for improving the public sector building community in Illinois through provision of free on-site technical assistance and funding opportunities that reduce energy costs and enhance the state's economy. The Efficient Living: Illinois Public Housing Authority Program offers energy efficiency upgrades for extremely-low to low-income public housing households located in the State of Illinois Utility Territories.
This article filed under
- Buffalo Grove
- Fox Lake
- Island Lake
- Lake Barrington
- Lake Bluff
- Lake Forest
- Lake Villa
- Lake Zurich
- North Barrington
- Park City
- Round Lake
- Round Lake Beach
- Round Lake Heights
- Round Lake Park
- South Barrington
- Spring Grove
- Third Lake
- Vernon Hills
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close