Lake County | This Mundelein 6-year-old is done with leukemia. Classmates call him a superhero.
First-grader Lucas Blanco was honored as a superhero Thursday by hundreds of classmates at Washington Early Learning Center in Mundelein. Lucas had his final chemotherapy treatment last Friday.
Crime | Mettawa Mayor Casey Urlacher linked to illegal gambling ring in indictmentCasey Urlacher, the mayor of North suburban Mettawa and brother of Chicago Bears icon Brian Urlacher, is charged along with nine others in connection with an illegal offshore sports gambling ring, federal prosecutors announced Thursday.
Politics | Senate candidate backs away from her own claims she brought gun into Hinsdale CentralA Belleville Republican seeking her party's nomination for U.S. Senate backed away Thursday from statements she made claiming she brought a weapon into Hinsdale Central High School during an appearance Feb. 13 at a student-sponsored candidate forum.
News | Residents say cut-through traffic is a hazard. Can Arlington Heights fix it?Arlington Heights leaders pledged more research and a follow-up session after meeting with about 40 Cleveland Avenue residents who say the village hasn't done enough to address concerns about cut-through traffic.
Business | New restaurants, from chains to mom-and-pop, set to open in Rolling MeadowsA bevy of new restaurants, from chains to mom-and-pop and sit-down to fast casual, are coming to Rolling Meadows in 2020, city officials say.
White Sox | White Sox shortstop Anderson out to prove he can play elite defenseChicago White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson led the major leagues with a .335 batting average last season. He also led the majors with 26 errors and worked hard during the off-season to improve his defense.
Crime | Driver dead, Aurora man charged with attempted murder after police chaseAn Aurora man has been charged with a nine felony counts after a Wednesday shooting in Aurora that triggered a police chase and crash that killed one person, police said Thursday.
DuPage County | Brian Dugan, Paul Runge prosecutor from DuPage mourned for 'tremendous empathy' for victims of crimeDuPage County officials are in mourning for former prosecutor and judge Michael Wolfe.
McHenry County | New fallout for McHenry County Board Chair Franks over investigationMcHenry County Board members took County Board Chairman Jack Franks to task Tuesday over a recently disclosed Illinois State Police investigation into alleged misconduct. Several of Franks' political adversaries called for reducing the role of the chairman in a new ethics ordinance and questioned whether he should face any restrictions in light of his being banned from entering the state Capitol building without a police escort.
Politics | Trump ally Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prisonU.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said Stone's crimes demanded a significant time behind bars, but she said the seven to nine years originally recommended by the Justice Department were excessive.
Illinois | Analysis: Rod Blagojevich is out of prison thanks to a kind of mercy he rarely showed as governorAccording to the Illinois Prisoner Review Board, Rod Blagojevich took action on less than 25 percent of clemency petitions filed while he was governor. His delays in taking clemency action, earned him the nickname "Backlog Blagojevich."
News | Feder: How Chuck Goudie scored that golden seat next to BlagoA gaggle of Chicago reporters were on hand at Denver International Airport when Rod Blagojevich boarded a United Airlines plane Tuesday night after his release from prison. But only one managed to secure the coach seat next to the former Illinois governor for the 2½-hour flight home.
- 10:23 PMPolice say 2 killed, 3 injured in Idaho shooting
- 10:19 PMArizona governor, GOP lawmakers end sanctuary city ban push
- 10:14 PMTennessee man gets electric chair for killing fellow inmate
- 10:08 PMStress, rumors, even violence: Virus fear goes viral
- 9:58 PMSouth Korea ups emergency response as viral cases surge
More Suburban News Find your community
- NapervilleLush beauty brand opening Naperville store
- LincolnshireLincolnshire man faces five counts of child pornography possession
- NapervilleNaperville's best pizza? Little Pops, event attendees say
- SchaumburgSchaumburg waiting to see what federal, state governments may do on vaping
- AlgonquinAlgonquin police: Body found in parked car
- NapervilleRoad capacity issue puts south Naperville subdivision on hold
- StreamwoodStreamwood man gets 6 years on child pornography charge
- PoliticsHow Republican opponents want to win back 6th Congressional District
- NewsAvon Townhip supervisor escapes possible censure, for now
- AlgonquinKane District 2 Dem hopefuls discuss tax levy, Longmeadow toll
- BartlettBartlett to consider alternative to complete smoking ban at parks
- Boys' BasketballPalatine at Schaumburg: Big game, literally
- 6:22 PMRoselle's Rose Queen crowned for 2020
- 10:56 AMArea 7th grade girls invited to experience Woodlands March 12
- 10:47 AMRep. Weber: Gov.'s Budget Proposal Lacks Necessary Reforms
- 10:45 AMRep. Weber files AJ Freund Act to Reform DCFS
- 10:41 AMMarch 6-20: CLC hosts March screenings of three independent films
- 7:49 AMCozen O'Connor Attorney Jeremy Glenn Named Client Choice 2020 Winner by Lexology
- 10:56 PMLiterature comes to life at Lombard's Trinity Lutheran School
- 10:50 PMCurbside composting is coming to St. Charles in April
Inside Daily Herald