Illinois | Pritzker: Start thinking about a summer with no festivals
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker said organizers of large summer events should start thinking about canceling those gatherings.
Crime | Arlington Heights police release doorbell video of home invasionArlington Heights police on Thursday released doorbell video of the harrowing early moments of a weekend home invasion that left one would-be robber dead and another charged with murder.
Chicago | Auto show to medical facility in 2 months: How the Guard is helping transform McCormick PlaceMcCormick Place overflowed with chrome Feb. 8 on the Chicago Auto Show's opening day. Now the state's McCormick Place Alternate Care Facility is intended to serve up to 3,500 patients who do not need intensive care for the respiratory disease COVID-19.
News | Superheroes help serve clients at Aurora Area Interfaith Food PantryBatman, Robin and Superman had to wait patiently as the Easter Bunny used a carrot to direct a long line of cars toward them Thursday in Aurora. Several Aurora Area Interfaith Food Pantry workers were dressed in superhero costumes as they served clients in their impromptu drive-through food collection
News | Fairdale 5 years later: Residents share how town has rebuilt after devastating tornado in 2015Clem Schultz said his wife, Geraldine Schultz, is still with him every day, even though she lost her life in the tornado that devastated the unincorporated town of Fairdale in north DeKalb County five years ago.
News | April 9 breakdown of suburban COVID-19 cases by county, and search by ZIP codeSuburban COVID-19 cases and deaths by county, and some towns, on April 9, plus where to find out more.
Sports | New Bulls GM Karnisovas' strength lies in his connectionsThere was no official announcement Thurday, but the Bulls appear to have settled on current Denver GM Arturas Karnisovas to be the team's new head of basketball operations.
Business | Attorney general's office finds no evidence of price gougingDespite investigating more than 1,120 complaints about alleged price gouging throughout the state since the start of the coronavirus outbreak, the Illinois attorney general's office has not taken any enforcement action against accused businesses.
News | Indy 500 champion, bourbon add hype to Glen Ellyn Food Pantry fundraiserIndy 500 Champion Bobby Rahal is lending his celebrity to a drawing for highly sought-after bourbon to raise funds for a Glen Ellyn food pantry trying to meet rising demand from the coronavirus economic crisis.
News | Rosemont convention center considered a 'last resort' field hospitalThe Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont has been considered as a possible field hospital that could deal with an overflow of patients, but only as a "last resort," village officials said.
News | Wheaton College provides free apartments for police, firefighters under self-quarantineWheaton College is providing apartments for city police and firefighters under self-quarantine from their families during the coronavirus pandemic.
Dining | Easter 2020: Suburban restaurants fete holiday with premade dinners to-goDon't feel like cooking for Easter? Luckily, many suburban restaurants are offering to-go specials for you to enjoy at home on Sunday.
Cook County | Judge orders new coronavirus safety procedures at Cook County jailA federal judge handed down a series of mandates Thursday designed to help keep Cook County jail inmates safe from the coronavirus, but he ultimately refused to order their release to home incarceration or other forms of custody.
- 12:30 AMStorms packing high winds cause damage in Indiana, Arkansas
- 12:06 AMLives Lost: At 97, World War II vet takes a final road
- 11:36 PMOfficial: Saints emails on clergy crisis should stay secret
- 11:22 PMOil-producing nations seek global deal to stabilize market
- 11:20 PMSchools struggle to safely get free meals to needy students
More Suburban News Find your community
- Lake CountyLake County agencies getting $100,000 boost to help homeless
- NapervilleCentennial Beach opening pushed back to at least June 20
- BataviaChuck the Duck pulls bunny duty in Batavia
- ElburnSuspect in Elburn attempted murder case arrested again
- NapervilleHow recovery techniques help one Naperville pastor 'breathe my way through' pandemic
- AuroraNorth Aurora girl still missing
- WarrenvilleWarrenville could purchase former gas station site
- Cook CountyCook County Medical Examiner opens 'surge center' for COVID-19 deaths
- Pingree GrovePingree Grove man charged with burglary to motor vehicle
- Long GroveBarbara Reed Turner, member of Long Grove pioneering family, dies at 100
- Lake CountySheriff: Crystal Lake man hit police dog during standoff
- TransportationPace won't collect bus fares through April
- 10:13 PMNaperville Park District tentatively plans to open Centennial Beach Father's Day weekend
- 9:30 PMElgin Community College artists do their part to help flatten the COVID-19 curve
- 3:01 PMTwice As Nice sees diaper demand skyrocket
- 9:54 AMManaging stress, eating wisely especially important now, says doctor and CLC grad
- 9:48 AMLibrary Encourages Community to Use Its Digital Services
- 9:47 AMDistrict 214 donating PPE to Northwest Community Hospital
- 9:40 AMOakton hosts Virtual First-Gen College Fair
- 8:17 AMMatch challenge issued for #214Cares fund
Inside Daily Herald