News | Ex-champs, brother linked to Smollett to highlight Night at the Fights fundraiser in Elk Grove Village
Two former boxing world champions will highlight the National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame's Night at the Fights fundraiser Thursday in Elk Grove Village, but they may have to share the spotlight with an amateur fighter better known for his connection to actor Jussie Smollett.
Health & Fitness | A 62-year-old Naperville man planked for more than 8 hours to break a Guinness recordAfter breaking the Guinness World Record for the longest time in the plank position by a man, George Hood said he's moving on from the exercise.
Lake County | Great Lakes naval station could house quarantined travelersNaval Station Great Lakes near North Chicago is one of 11 military bases across the country that could house quarantined travelers exposed to coronavirus if already established Department of Health and Human Services facilities become full, according to the Department of Defense.
Crime | Law license at stake, Blagojevich skips hearingFormer Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich wasn't at a hearing Tuesday where Illinois authorities considered permanently revoking his law license. Disciplinary commission lawyers argued "moral turpitude" justifies disbarring Blagojevich, who was released from federal prison last week after President Donald Trump commuted his 14-year corruption sentence.
Columns | Hub Arkush: Don't be surprised if Bears offensive line receives offseason overhaulIf the Bears brass' defense of struggling QB Mitch Trubisky on Tuesday frustrates you as a Bears fan, I'm sorry, but consider this: It certainly gives us a strong hint at where the Bears see their greatest needs on offense, and it's not at quarterback. It's at offensive line.
Politics | Sanders, Bloomberg face attacks in Democrats' South Carolina debateDemocrats unleashed a roaring assault against Bernie Sanders' electability and seized on Mike Bloomberg's past with women in the workplace in a raucous debate Tuesday night that tested the strength of the two men leading their party's presidential nomination fight.
News | Why marijuana testing labs may be making their way to the suburbsPlans for marijuana testing labs have surfaced in Carol Stream and Schaumburg after a strong start to recreational pot sales in Illinois.
News | Colleagues, peers laud Mancino at final Hawthorn Woods meetingLongtime Hawthorn Woods Mayor Joe Mancino was lauded by village colleagues, peers from surrounding communities and leaders from across the state Monday as he presided over his final village board meeting, ending 11 years as the town's top elected official.
News | Aurora, Gurnee, McHenry County: Where federal housing grants are going in suburbsSeveral suburban public housing agencies, including Aurora, Waukegan, and Cook and Lake counties, will receive more than $1 million in federal funding to improve facilities serving low-income families and seniors.
Transportation | ComEd construction will close some Tri-State Tollway and I-290 ramps temporarilyWhere did my ramp go? Watch out for overnight closures on I-294, I-290 and local roads near Elmhurst this week.
Crime | Defendant in Glen Ellyn murder trial says he doesn't remember strangling ex-wifeMurder suspect Juan Granados testified at his trial Tuesday that video of his ex-wife with another man upset him so much that he started shaking and couldn't breathe before he attacked her.
News | Call goes out for 1st all-female veterans Honor Flight in IllinoisIllinois' first honor flight exclusively for senior female veterans will become reality later this year thanks to the efforts of an enterprising Lisle woman.
DuPage County | Despite opposition, DuPage County approves 84 houses on Planter's Palette siteA developer has received permission from DuPage County to build dozens of age-restricted houses on the site of a former garden nursery near West Chicago, despite opposition from neighbors who say the project would worsen area traffic problems.
- 11:30 PMIndian nation destroys own buildings over leadership dispute
- 11:23 PMSouth Korean virus cases jump again, 1st US soldier infected
- 11:03 PMAsian shares slide on fears virus will stunt global economy
- 10:54 PMChina struggles to revive manufacturing amid virus outbreak
- 10:41 PMHockey coach moved from job to job, despite sex allegations
More Suburban News Find your community
- Des PlainesPalatine man being held on $100,000 for stalking woman
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove asks Cook County to ban taller fences at unincorporated truck lot
- WaukeganSheriff: Man in custody after attempting to set deputies on fire
- CrimeGrant Township man pleads guilty to strangling his wife
- CaryBoil order issued, Cary schools closed after water main break
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove to host meeting to address anonymous mailings, robocalls
- ElginSt. Charles man pleads guilty to 2017 DUI that killed DeKalb teen
- EducationU-46 wants to create a method to audit its early learner programs
- NewsU.S. Rep. Schakowsky honors award-winning Arlington Heights librarian
- AlgonquinAlgonquin's Stoneybrook Park gets grant
- Lake CountyExpand Lake County Civil War Days to include black history, candidates say
- Prospect HeightsProspect Heights delays vote on new Chicago Executive Airport layout
- 10:41 PMVisiting chef and ECC alum Bridget Mooney to bring Chicago flavor to ECC's Spartan Terrace Restaurant
- 6:50 PMLocal organization provides medical supplies to China for coronavirus
- 6:38 PMMcHenry High grad and author encourages students to be persistent
- 6:31 PMCollege of DuPage hosts American Sign Language Immersion Day Feb. 29
- 6:12 PMCollege of DuPage to host free Information Technology Spotlight March 24
- 5:34 PMDuPage Health Department to offer free dental screenings on Give Kids A Smile Day Feb. 28
- 4:43 PMExplore the uses of artificial intelligence in science March 18 at College of DuPage
- 4:22 PMCandidates meet Feb. 22 at the Islamic Center of Naperville
Through the Film Magnifer: William H Macy, Illinois Bell Strike, Montgomery Wards sking, 1979 blizard and more
Inside Daily Herald