Lake County | COVID-19 outbreak linked to adult volleyball games in Lake County
Lake County health authorities are investigating more than a dozen COVID-19 cases linked to adult volleyball leagues hosted by a Gages Lake bar and grill where as many as 200 players and spectators may have been exposed to the virus.
White Sox | Giolito deals, bats deliver in White Sox's 4-1 win vs. A's in Game 1Playing their first postseason game in 12 years, the Sox beat the Athletics 4-1 at Oakland Coliseum behind a command performance by their ace Lucas Giolito
Politics | 'It's OK to cross party lines': Naperville mayor backs Biden, local GOP candidatesNaperville Mayor Steve Chirico, a Republican, says he is choosing character over policy in his decision to endorse Democrat Joe Biden over President Donald Trump. His announcement has created buzz among social media followers and community members.
News | Pritzker self-isolating after staffer sickened by COVID-19; 1,362 new cases in stateGov. J.B. Pritzker and several unidentified staff members are isolating themselves after a member of the governor's staff tested positive for COVID-19 Monday.
News | Palatine restaurant can reopen after workers move out of basementA Palatine restaurant can reopen after the village ordered it closed for 14 days following the discovery of workers living and sleeping in the basement.
News | Wheaton stretching outdoor dining through year's end, with heated tentsWheaton will use a tent heating system so downtown restaurants can continue offering outdoor dining into the colder months.
Education | State announces 2021 Teacher of the Year nomineesTwo suburban educators are finalists for the 2021 Illinois Teacher of the Year Award to be announced next month.
Politics | GOP congressional candidate questions legal separation of church and stateRick Laib, the Republican candidate for Illinois' 11th Congressional District seat, said he doesn't believe there's a constitutional separation of church and state.
Politics | 5 questions heading into Trump and Biden's first debate. Watch live at dailyherald.com tonight.President Donald Trump and his Democratic challenger, Joe Biden, will meet on the debate stage for the first time Tuesday night in Cleveland. You can watch live coverage here starting at 5 p.m., with the candidates taking the stage at 8 p.m.
Lake County | Lake County reverses course, reinstates paid holidays for some employeesThe Lake County Board on Tuesday reversed a recent decision to take away three paid holidays from some employees because of financial struggles prompted by the COVID-19 crisis.
Columns | Feder: Chicago radio ratings show a clean sweep for V103WVAZ 102.7-FM, the iHeartMedia R&B powerhouse, recaptured the top spot in the latest Chicago radio ratings, snapping a seven-month winning streak for Entercom all-news combo WBBM 780-AM/WCFS 105.9-FM.
Dining | National Coffee Day: Dunkin', Krispy Kreme and more offering free coffee todayNational Coffee Day -- Tuesday, Sept. 29 -- only comes once a year, so take advantage of these free coffee deals while you can.
- 6:29 PMPearl Harbor shooting probe finds mental health care flaws
- 6:23 PMCOD hosting virtual tour of murals in Chicago neighborhood
- 6:13 PMCourt to release grand jury record in Breonna Taylor case
- 6:00 PMFederal appeals court upholds six-day extension for counting ballots in battleground Wisconsin, handing Democrats a win.
- 5:57 PMNovember auction set for MacMurray College campus
More Suburban News Find your community
- NewsLongtime District 25 board member David Page steps down
- AuroraIdentities released in suspected Aurora murder-suicide
- BataviaOSHA investigating landscape worker's death in Batavia
- NapervilleNaperville police searching for man who robbed pizza delivery driver
- Cook CountyAlliance of Bar Associations shares Cook County judicial recommendations
- PalatinePalatine firefighters memorial ceremony Thursday
- Glen EllynMural marks Glen Ellyn as center of the coming Fridamania
- BusinessIndoor climbing facility could be coming to Arlington Downs with help from tax break
- EducationU-46 leaders discuss evolving plan for return to classrooms
- St. CharlesThousands of Trump supporters attend rally Sunday at Kane County Fairgrounds
- PoliticsGOP House candidate wants to end Medicare, Medicaid
- PoliticsUnderwood, Oberweis spar over gun control, immigration
- 5:22 PMCollege of DuPage English professors' new film publication receives accolades from Martin Scorsese
- 5:14 PMCollege of DuPage COVID-19 Digital Archive illustrates daily life during global pandemic
- 5:01 PMLearn about the Mexican-American heritage of Chicago's Pilsen Neighborhood Oct. 20 with College of DuPage
- 4:51 PMBenchmark Fitness' Outdoor Trivia Workout Oct. 3 to support nonprofits
- 4:45 PMSt. Francis High School junior achieves perfect SAT score
- 4:37 PMGlenbard parenting program to discuss differently wired children Oct. 13
- 4:21 PMClinical repurposing trials for COVID-19 and cerebral palsy underway; trials at the U of Chicago, Northwestern and Shirley Ryan AbilityLab demonstrate Chicago's continued biomedical strength
- 1:21 PMSaint Viator High School moves fall play outdoors
Inside Daily Herald