News | Chicago woman with coronavirus 'doing well' in isolation at Hoffman Estates hospital
A Chicago woman is the first Illinoisan to contract a dangerous virus that causes pneumonia, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday. The woman, in her 60s, is the second American to be infected with a coronavirus originating in the Wuhan region of China. She's "clinically doing well" in isolation at Amita St. Alexius Medical Center in Hoffman Estates.
Crime | Police report multiple victims in shooting at Lisle cigar loungeA shooting at The Humidor cigar lounge in Lisle sent several people to the hospital Friday night, police said in a Facebook post.
Kane County | Conviction overturned, new trial ordered in 2014 Geneva murder caseCiting improper testimony from an FBI profiler, the Illinois Supreme Court on Friday ordered a new trial for Shadwick King, a Geneva man who was convicted of strangling his wife in July 2014, and staging her body on a railroad trial to make it look like she collapsed while jogging.
Crime | Guilty verdict in murder, home invasion in Hinsdale; jury rules it especially brutalA jury has found Dominic Sanders guilty of first-degree murder and home invasion in the slaying of Andrea Urban in 2017, and it called the murder especially brutal or heinous.
Health & Fitness | What can you do in response to coronavirus?The chance of coronavirus spreading through casual contact with an infected person is extremely slim, says Robert Citronberg, infectious diseases director for Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge.
Columns | Rozner: After fine offseason, White Sox optimism off the chartsThe White Sox have had a terrific winter, but as GM Rick Hahn points out, no one is certain exactly when the title window will open.
News | One killed in Arlington Heights crash FridayOne person died Friday evening after an SUV making a left turn onto Hintz Road from Arlington Heights Road was struck by a Chevy Cavalier, according to Arlington Heights police.
News | Up to 5 inches of snow predicted for suburbsWinter weather advisory issued for this weekend where forecasts predict 3-6 inches of new snow.
Business | Why Libertyville is considering lowering price for sports complex propertiesOfficials are considering lowering the proposed purchase price of the driving range and mini-golf portions of the Libertyville Sports Complex to speed development.
Education | District 220 fires Barrington High teacher whose work computer contained pornBarrington Area Unit District 220 board members have fired a teacher whose work computer was found to have pornographic images after an investigation into his job performance began, documents show.
Crime | Former volleyball coach who hid camera in Carol Stream bathroom gets 7-year sentenceA former youth volleyball coach from Streamwood who installed a hidden camera to record videos of hundreds of children using a bathroom at a Carol Stream athletic training facility was sentenced Friday to six years and 11 months in federal prison.
Lake County | Great Lakes naval base lockdown triggered by unauthorized vehicle entryThe Great Lakes Naval Station near North Chicago was locked down for roughly five hours Friday morning after a civilian employee of the base failed to follow a gate sentry's directions when entering the facility.
- 1:18 AMChina virus outbreak revives calls to stop wildlife trade
- 1:02 AMUnder-performing school battles to be one of Illinois' best
- 12:47 AMRapper YG arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of robbery
- 12:46 AMTrump's idea of executive power is also impeachment defense
- 12:24 AMParts of Phoenix airport briefly evacuated; flights delayed
More Suburban News Find your community
- West ChicagoPolice: 3 wounded, 2 guns recovered in shooting in West Chicago
- RosemontRosemont police release photos of suspects in $52K outlet mall theft
- SchaumburgSchaumburg taking new approach to preserving historic architecture
- Naperville'Pizza Wars' coming to Naperville
- ElginElgin school seeks $35,000 to build community garden
- Boys' BasketballPalatine topples Fremd for season sweep
- Girls' BasketballQuick start propels Buffalo Grove over Prospect
- Girls' BasketballYork impresses in win over Lake Park
- Boys' BasketballMaine South downs Glenbrook North for sixth straight win
- Boys' BasketballCary-Grove wins 20th in hard-fought battle at Burlington C.
- Girls' BasketballSouth Elgin breaks open close game with Streamwood
- Boys' BasketballCampagna, Kochera lead St. Viator by Marist
- 11:32 PMEighth annual Bridge Bust breaks records; local teams earn prizes in 2020 contest
- 12:53 PMMCC to induct former athletes into Hall of Fame
- 12:21 PMTraveling museum kicks off Oakton's Black History Month
- 12:12 PMMundelein Park District honors Employees of the Year
- 10:23 PMChange a child's story by volunteering with CASA Kane County
- 9:33 PMVote for the 'Best of Bloomingdale'
- 9:24 PMCeltic roots group Runa to perform Valentine's Day concert Feb. 14
- 9:07 PMLocal League of Women Voters presents 'The 2020 Census Counts and So Do You' Feb. 4
Inside Daily Herald