News | After public outcry, South Barrington Park District might scrap plan to sell land to religious group
The South Barrington Park District Board on Wednesday will consider canceling a controversial plan to sell undeveloped land to a religious organization.
Lake County | 'A pretty complicated project': Lake County planning improvements at one of its busiest intersectionsA complicated project to address safety at one of Lake County's busiest intersections -- a gateway to I-94 but also site of a sharp increase in crashes -- is in the works.
DuPage County | 'I just want answers': Willowbrook Corners residents confront board on fatal shootingThree months after a fatal mass shooting near Willowbrook, residents seek answers.
Crime | Judge to determine if suspect in teen's 1972 killing remains in jail before trialA defense attorney is arguing the man charged in the 1972 slaying of Julie Ann Hanson in Naperville should be allowed to go free before trial under the state's new cashless bail system.
News | New life (and name) for a suburban classic: Hotelier, village are reviving Indian Lakes ResortIndian Lakes Resort faced an uncertain future when the hotel property went up for sale two years ago. But the Frank Lloyd Wright-influenced resort is showing signs of new life as hotel renovations progress and Bloomingdale leaders finalize plans for a golf course redo.
Columns | Never a typical day: How Huntley sports family balances work, playMike Naymola, Huntley's second-year head football coach, and his wife Karen, now in her 11th year as the Red Raiders' head girls volleyball coach, plan to keep writing chapters of success in their respective programs. Stories about husbands and wives who coach are fairly common, right? Well, yes, but you don't run across many who coach a high-leverage sport in the same season, and with daughters playing volleyball for their mom, too.
Transportation | Why some oppose proposed new runway at Waukegan National AirportOpponents of a proposed runway extension at Waukegan National Airport will host an information session Thursday in advance of the release of a draft environmental assessment and public hearing.
Business | Huntley's Sew Hop'd Brewery strikes gold in nation's largest beer competitionSew Hop'd Brewery took home a gold medal in the German-style altbier category at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver. They were one of four suburban beer makers to win a medal in the nation's largest professional beer competition.
Business | Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empireA judge has ruled that Donald Trump committed fraud for years while building the real estate empire that catapulted him to fame and the White House.
News | 69-year-old driver killed in Campton Hills crashA 69-year-old driver was killed in a Campton Hills crash at the intersection of Route 47 and McDonald Road Monday, police said.
Columns | Broadway in Chicago's fall marked by return of 'Hamilton' and new Broadway-bound tunersBroadway in Chicago's stellar fall lineup includes several new Broadway-bound tuners and the return of the crowd-pleasing "Hamilton."
Business | Cigar shop and lounge opens in long-vacant Mount Prospect buildingMount Prospect cigar aficionados got their first whiff of the village's new downtown cigar bar last week, when Cigar Heaven held its grand opening at the former location of Prospect Bikes and Trains.
- 6:57 PMYEA! program coming to Palatine, Rolling Meadows
- 4:37 PMGovernment shutdown crisis mode: Senate unveils bipartisan stopgap measure
- 2:57 PMCapital Search acquires Spaulding Associates
- 2:44 PM1st Saudi envoy to the Palestinians in West Bank, Israeli minister in Riyadh amid normalization push
- 2:44 PMAt least 20 dead in gas station explosion as Nagorno-Karabakh residents flee to Armenia
More Suburban News Find your community
- Carol StreamCarol Stream man charged with DUI after Glendale Heights crash that injured mom, two kids
- LincolnshireOfficials: Three hospitalized after two-vehicle crash in Lincolnshire
- Oak BrookTwo people injured in fiery crash on I-88 near Oak Brook
- DuPage CountyConroy: Proposed budget delivers assistance and eases future financial pressure
- GenevaGeneva 304 school board supports 12-year extension for TIF district
- NewsTwo more E. coli cases confirmed at Huntley High, as search for source continues
- Business of SportsAndre Dawson to greet fans at Arlington Heights bank
- Prep SportsCook and Lake County girls volleyball notes: Basketball star O'Riordan making impact in a second sport at Barrington
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Bardouniotis, St. Charles North rally past St. Charles East
- Prep FootballDeerfield steps on the gas, eases past Glenbrook North
- Prep SportsDuPage County and Fox boys soccer notes: DVC race coming down to the wire
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball / Top 20
- 12:16 AMWatch one woman's race against time in 'Go On, Be Brave' film screening Oct. 5
- 11:51 PMFall Fellowship Festival features food, fun and dancing
- 11:21 PMThe Kennedys' new Headwinds Tour coming to the Acoustic Renaissance Concert Sept. 30
- 10:57 PMLocal League marks 10th anniversary with Oct. 27 fundraiser
- 9:14 PMFT Cares Foundation celebrates Light the Torch Night Run's 10th anniversary
- 8:34 PMNicor Gas Foundation makes $40,000 investment to support Elgin Boys and Girls Club's workforce development programming
- 8:06 PMAdvocate Good Shepherd named top 100 hospital in nation
- 8:03 PMGlenbard Parent Series speaker to discuss trauma, resilience and healing
Inside Daily Herald