News | On last day of Arlington season, a dark cloud over track's future
Dark storm clouds cast a literal and figurative shadow over Arlington International Racecourse Saturday afternoon, on what was the last day of racing for the season, and perhaps beyond.
Cook County | Schaumburg mayor calls on Woodfield to add entrance barriersIn the wake of chaotic scene at Schaumburg's Woodfield Mall Friday where a man drove an SUV into the mall, village officials are mandating protective barriers at all entrances to the mall in the future.
News | Runners grateful for dry run at milestone Fox Valley MarathonAs starting time approached for the 10th edition of the Fox Valley Marathon drew near Sunday morning in St. Charles, it appeared the field of about 3,000 runners might have to dodge raindrops as well as puddles that stood along he route. But the threatening skies only delivered sparse sprinkles and the marathon proved a dry run.
Cubs | Long journey ends in another crushing loss for Kimbrel, Chicago CubsThe Chicago Cubs endured another crushing, 1-run loss Saturday as closer Craig Kimbrel surrendered home runs on the frst two pitches of the ninth inning, leading to a 9-8 St. Louis victory at Wrigley Field.
News | Northwest Community Hospital announces vision for cancer centerNorthwest Community Hospital officials are seeking to build a dedicated center for cancer treatment.
DuPage County | Suburban Heroes: DuPage sheriff honors intern who came to aid of deputyFrank Ficarra is only an intern, but he acted like an experienced sheriff's deputy when he came to DuPage County Sheriff's deputy Cpl. Eduardo Castillo's aid in a potentially dangerous situation earlier this month.
Columns | Chicago Bears actually in a pretty good place with Trubisky right nowAre the Chicago Bears' really in such a bad place right now with Mitch Trubisky under center?
News | Flash flooding possible with more rain expectedThe National Weather Service today issued a flash flood watch for the region effective through early Monday morning as another round of heavy rains is expected to push already swollen rivers further over their banks.
News | Northwest Community Hospital's 60th anniversary gala raises money for cancer careOfficials with Northwest Community Hospital described Saturday night's 60th anniversary gala as historic. Even before guests arrived, the event had raised more than $1 million to launch its cancer care capital campaign.
News | Free community education program Wednesday explains our approach to drone photosJoin Daily Herald Senior Director of Visual Journalism Jeff Knox on Wednesday, Sept. 25, in Arlington Heights as he tells about rules for using Daily Herald news drones,
News | 'Game of Thrones,' 'Veep' aim for records at Emmy AwardsGet the snacks and a scorecard ready for the 2019 Emmy Awards. Records could be broken on tonight's show by "Game of Thrones" and "Veep" star Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
News | Images: The impact of climate changeEarthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, droughts, floods and pestilence are nothing new to Planet Earth or even to our comparatively brief human experience here. But, because of humankind's impact on the environment, are these phenomena growing more frequent and more intense? Nature, it has been said, does not need us; we need Nature. These photos show some of what may be in store if we don't get control of the activities that scientists say are changing our climate.
- 2:59 PMArab lawmakers in Israel endorse Gantz for prime minister
- 2:57 PMIran asks West to leave Persian Gulf as tensions heightened
- 2:56 PMSigmund Jaehn, 1st German in space as 1970s cosmonaut, dies
- 2:41 PMArea 51 festival wraps up in Nevada; Earthlings head home
- 2:20 PMIllinois issues 300,000 REAL ID-compliant driver's licenses
More Suburban News Find your community
- WaukeganCyclist killed in Waukegan hit and run
- MundeleinConstable: Suburbanite with diabetes pinch-hits for Santo, 'my hero'
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates celebrates 60 years of history
- Elk Grove VillageWeather holds up for Elk Grove Village's Hometown Parade
- AntiochWoman left injured in road after crash near Antioch
- AntiochAntioch sex offender sentenced to 15 years
- NapervilleNaperville man charged with showing pornographic video to minor at church
- NewsArlington Heights Memorial Day ceremony focus of winning photo
- CaryCary opens 196-acre park on former gravel pit
- Des PlainesDes Plaines man conned out of $25,000
- Prep FootballWarren moves to 4-0 by blanking Libertyville
- Prep FootballStevenson turns out the lights on Zion-Benton
- 9:04 AMMcHenry County Health Department cautions residents of floodwater dangers
- 12:07 AMECC discussion series on racism aims to move beyond awareness
- 11:57 PMFort Payne DAR accepting nominations for Outstanding Teachers in American History
- 10:41 PMMcHenry County Health Department offers wellness screenings and diabetes self-management classes
- 9:42 PMClare Woods Academy to offer 'A Night With Temple Grandin' this fall
- 8:52 PMKiddie Academy of Oakbrook Terrace now open
- 8:19 PMJazz on the Square teams up with Jamey Aebersold for third year to bring jazz education resources to McHenry County schools
- 7:00 PMUPS group volunteers at Marklund in Geneva
Inside Daily Herald