News | MLK event in Lisle looks back, forward
Both the history and the future of black Americans were honored Sunday in Lisle at the Agape Connection's 19th annual Martin Luther King Day celebration at the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks' Kane gets 1,000th career point in win over JetsPatrick Kane became the 90th player in NHL history to record 1,000 points in his career during a 5-2 victory over Winnipeg.
Politics | Harmon of Oak Park chosen to serve as president of Illinois SenateState Senator Don Harmon, an Oak Park Democrat, was elected by his peers as the 39th president of the Illinois Senate on Sunday after hours of behind-the-scenes negotiations.
Movies | 'Parasite,' 'Fleabag' star, 'Maisel' cast among SAG winners"Parasite," Bong Joon Ho's Korean class satire, became the first foreign language film to take top honors from the Screen Actors Guild on Sunday, setting itself up as a legitimate best picture contender to the front-runner "1917" at next month's Academy Awards.
Crime | After felony convictions, Elgin man now has chance to become a marijuana craft growerAfter his felony drug convictions nearly 23 years ago, Peter Maccaro hopes to start a new chapter by taking advantage of marijuana's legalization and its social equity program to become a grower.
Pro Sports | 49ers, Rolling Meadows grad Garoppolo beat Packers for Super Bowl berthRaheem Mostert rushed for 220 yards and four touchdowns to make quarterback (and Rolling Meadows High School grad) Jimmy Garoppolo mostly a spectator, Nick Bosa harassed Aaron Rodgers from the start and the San Francisco 49ers beat the Green Bay Packers 37-20 for the NFC championship on Sunday.
Business | Mount Prospect poised to buy more land in downtown Busse TriangleMount Prospect village board members are expected to vote Tuesday on the $1.3 million purchase of four more parcels within the Busse Triangle downtown.
Education | College health sciences building coming near downtown NapervilleNorth Central College in Naperville plans a 40,000-square-foot building to house new graduate-level physician assistant and physical therapy programs.
Crime | Glen Ellyn man who worked as Berwyn police officer dies in crashA Glen Elyn man was killed Sunday morning in a collision on southbound Interstate 55 in Will County as traffic was slowed by an earlier crash.
Crime | Trump defenders push 'no crime' as Democrats seek removalPresident Donald Trump's defenders are arguing that his pressure on Ukraine broke no U.S. law, and so wasn't impeachable in the first place
Columns | Constable: Shirtless children's hospital 'mayor' brings strength and smiles for everyoneDiagnosed with a brain tumor at age 7, Michael Carr of Bloomingdale underwent surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and other treatment. Now, his tumor is back and the 11-year-old boy is determined to climb 1,643 steps as part of Aon's Step Up for Kids fundraiser to support families at Lurie Children's Hospital.
Cubs | Piniella heads new hires for Cubs' Marquee Sports Network, no deal yet with ComcastThe Chicago Cubs announced new hires for their news Marquee Sports Network Saturday, Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies are back in the broadcast booth and former manager Lou Piniella is one of the new analysts.
- 2:00 AMChina counts sharp rise in coronavirus cases, 2 in Beijing
- 1:54 AM10 years after Vatican takeover, Legion in new abuse crisis
- 1:39 AMAsian shares mostly higher before central banks' decisions
- 1:25 AMKing Day in SC drawing Democratic presidential hopefuls
- 1:21 AMShooting kills 2 officers before Hawaii homes catch fire
More Suburban News Find your community
- EducationDistrict 21 hires firm to oversee referendum building projects
- AuroraFarnsworth Road reopens in Aurora after crash causes power lines to fall
- Geneva'We want change': Fox Valley Women's March encourages residents to vote
- PalatinePalatine apartment left uninhabitable after fire
- PalatineWeather cooperates for Twin Lakes Winterfest
- Lake CountyNorthern Illinois Sports Show caters to outdoor enthusiasts in Grayslake
- EducationDistrict 62 tax levy going up 6.6%
- Prep SportsGirls bowling: Barrington's O'Byrn fires 300 game
- Girls' GymnasticsLake Park edges closer to 140
- LincolnshireLincolnshire Skate Night rescheduled
- Girls' BasketballStevenson's second half does in Palatine
- Girls' BasketballTeam effort lifts Hersey past state-ranked Lake Forest
- 10:52 PMBAMtheatre presents 'Twelfth Night The Musical' Jan. 31 to Feb. 2
- 10:23 PMVote for your favorite dance team at PADS of Elgin's 'Stars Dance' benefit
- 9:39 PMShop and sip at Winter Wine Walk in downtown Wheaton Jan. 25
- 9:12 PMFermilab's Gallery Chamber Series to feature Chicago Brass Quintet Feb. 16
- 8:11 PM'Family Ties' stars to bring 'Love Letters' to Batavia Fine Arts Centre Feb. 7
- 7:26 PMWheaton College Artist Series continues with Jan. 24 concert
- 6:34 PMDowners Grove North to bring 'Luck of the Irish' to the stage Jan. 31-Feb. 1
- 6:30 PMSt. Charles Police Department to host Citizens Police Academy
Through the Film Magnifier: A Vietnam POW, frog jumping, drag-racing cars, klondike sledding and more
Inside Daily Herald