News | Elgin residents speak about shooting as police, city officials listen in silence
A "listening session" Saturday about a police shooting in Elgin gave residents a chance to express their feelings without retort or interruption.
Politics | Ex-Rep. Joe Walsh to challenge Trump in 2020 GOP primaryJoe Walsh, a former Illinois congressman, says he'll challenge President Donald Trump for the Republican nomination in 2020. The tea party favorite argues that Trump is unfit for the White House.
News | Fire near Des Plaines leaves six-unit building uninhabitableA fire early Saturday in a garden unit in a six-unit building near Des Plaines left the structure temporarily uninhabitable, fire officials said. No one was injured in the fire.
Politics | Presidential hopefuls woo prominent suburban Democrats, who say sorry, give us a little timeThe primary is months off, but suburban Democrats' phones are ringing as presidential campaigns line up support and volunteers are phone-banking.
DuPage County | Change in state law on police questioning prompted by death of Naperville North studentA new state law requiring requiring that a parent or guardian be notified when law enforcement questions a student was prompted by the death of a Naperville North High School student.
News | Girl, 13, among two killed when car slams into Round Lake Beach buildingA 13-year-old girl was killed Saturday night when a car she was riding in lost control while speeding down a Round Lake Beach road and smashed into a condominium building, authorities said Sunday.
News | Suburban Heroes: How 4 St. Charles firefighters saved stranded boaters, with 40 seconds to spareForty seconds. That's the length of time that elapsed between the successful rescue of three boaters stranded on the Fox River and the moment their disabled vessel plunged over the dam.
Lake County | Pedestrian from Woodridge struck, killed near AntiochA Woodridge man standing on Route 173 near his incapacitated vehicle in unincorporated Antioch was struck and killed Friday night.
Transportation | Pedestrian struck, killed by train in Des PlainesA pedestrian was struck and killed in Des Plaines Sunday morning by an inbound Metra train, officials said.
News | Barrington man ready to swim through Atlantic currents, possibly sharks to help ALS researchBarrington resident Doug McConnell is prepared to navigate through strong currents and possibly sharks for what could be the first Atlantic Ocean swim on a specific route between Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard to raise money to help ALS patients.
Columns | Facts Matter: Google didn't manipulate 2016 electionGoogle didn't manipulate the 2016 election to favor Democrat Hillary Clinton, as President Donald Trump claimed on Twitter, Bob Oswald says in his Facts Matter column.
DuPage County | Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash near WoodridgeA south suburban man suffered serious injuries Saturday when his motorcycle collided with a car at the interchange of Interstate 355 and Interstate 55 near Woodridge, Illinois State Police said Sunday.
- 5:29 PMPalatine Public Library with resume clinic
- 5:29 PMG7 leaders vow to help Brazil fight fires, repair damage
- 5:28 PMPreschool screening in District 118
- 5:27 PMGrants from local, national health organizations fund CLC scholarships
- 4:30 PMAP Interview: Sudan PM seeks end to country's pariah status
More Suburban News Find your community
- HuntleyPets rescued after fire breaks out in Huntley home
- PalatinePalatine Street Fest concludes Sunday
- Pingree GroveResidents happy with new Pingree Grove municipal center
- PoliticsFormer U-46 board member Ward seeks Oberweis' Senate seat
- South BarringtonMan found guilty of murder in 2000 drowning of his wife in South Barrington
- Kane CountyMan in prison for having 42 pounds of THC chocolates to get clemency hearing in October
- WheatonHot rods rolling up to charity car show hosted by DuPage sheriff's office
- East DundeeSanta Springs water play area opening today at Santa's Village in East Dundee
- Rolling MeadowsSuspect in Rolling Meadows shooting held on $500,000 bail
- Buffalo GroveWoodman's proposes second gas station in Buffalo Grove
- AddisonAddison man charged with sexually abusing girls
- Downers GroveDuPage chiropractor accused of sexually assaulting patients
- 11:53 PMBrian E. Wagner's scholarship and legacy shines on three recipients for 2019
- 10:56 PMElmhurst Art Museum presents 'What Came After: Figurative Painting in Chicago 1978-98' starting Sept. 14
- 9:48 PMSign up for Citizen's Police Academy with Lombard Police Department
- 9:43 PMNaperville man elected as 2020 Senior Vice Commander for the American Legion Department of Illinois
- 8:37 PMWheaton Toms Price store reveals renovation plans
- 8:33 PMCulver's of St. Charles to host West Chicago police for 'ButterBurgers & Badges' benefit Aug. 29
- 8:02 PMWest Chicago City Council honors 2019 Railroad Days Parade winners
- 4:33 PMExcitement grows for 2019 Viva Mexico Independence Day celebration Sept. 14-15
Inside Daily Herald