Columns | 'You'd never know he's 100': Man still rolls his age, and he just bought a new ball
As unusual as it is for golfers to shoot their age, it's more rare for a 100-year-old bowler to roll his age. But Wood Dale's Larry Vakoc does it frequently in his senior league play at Wood Dale Bowl.
Columns | Rozner: PGA Tour made mockery of MedinahBlame the PGA Tour, not Medinah, for the ridiculous scores at the BMW Championship.
Business | Judge rules rights to 'Apple Haus' brand didn't come with the buildingA federal judge has ruled that the Apple Haus brand didn't get sold along with the Long Grove building in which its products were once made, ending a trademark infringement lawsuit.
News | Firefighters, nurse receive commendations for saving man's life in Long GroveAs a Long Grove Fire Protection District crew participated in continuing education for cardiac arrest protocols, they quickly received a chance to test their knowledge for that very medical emergency when a man sounded his truck's horn at the station's garage doors seeking help last month.
DuPage County | Huge voter turnout in 2020 could mean huge costs for DuPage CountyDuPage election officials say voter turnout in 2020 is predicted to be historic, which could be very expensive for the county.
Politics | Political leaders condemn mock assassination during fundraiser in WinfieldPolitical leaders on both sides of the aisle condemned a stunt at a weekend political fundraiser in Winfield that included a mock assassination of a person wearing a Donald Trump mask.
News | 1 taken to the hospital after crash in Mount ProspectOne person was taken to the hospital after a crash this afternoon that closed lanes of traffic at the intersection of Busse and Algonquin roads in Mount Prospect.
News | Mexican restaurant switcheroo: Fat Rosie's to replace On the Border in SchaumburgSchaumburg's On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina restaurant at 870 N. Meacham Road closed last week but is expected to be succeeded by Fat Rosie's Taco & Tequila Bar within a couple months.
News | Hoffman Estates rejects dentist's plan to rezone home lots for officeHoffman Estates village board members Monday unanimously rejected a dentist's request to rezone two home lots to build his new office at the southwest corner of Golf Road and Apple Street, just east of Roselle Road.
Lake County | Rival criticizes Lake County State's Attorney over Old Mill Creek murder chargesLake County State's Attorney Mike Nerheim is facing criticism from his chief political opponent for his decision to levy murder charges against five teenage accomplices of Jaquan Swopes, 14, who was shot to death by a homeowner while allegedly trying to break into the man's car in Old Mill Creek last Tuesday.
Theater | Horror-themed Paranormal Cirque returns to the suburbsIf you're a horror fan who missed Paranormal Cirque's run last month in Gurnee, you're in luck: The gore-filled traveling circus hits North Riverside Thursday and Aurora next month.
News | Round Lake Park police investigating two deaths in same homeRound Lake Park police and the Lake County coroner's office are investigating the deaths of a man and a woman in their 40s who lived in the same home and died two days apart.
- 10:24 PMWriters union says talent agents are violating antitrust law
- 10:02 PMJury to restart deliberations in Oakland warehouse fire case
- 9:37 PMCalifornia governor signs law to limit shootings by police
- 9:17 PMCalifornia university consultant killed in campus stabbing
- 8:56 PMPresident tweets pic of Trump Tower looming over Greenland
More Suburban News Find your community
- CrimePolice release two persons of interest in Arlington Heights shooting
- St. CharlesSt. Charles leaning toward allowing 2 recreational pot businesses
- NapervilleNaperville neighbors oppose added traffic from development
- West DundeeWest Dundee pizzeria to open Tuesday
- CrimeArlington Heights shooting probe continues
- NapervillePaneling project could help Naperville 'build up on solar'
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect 'Summer Slide' pub crawl set for Sept. 14
- Des PlainesDes Plaines man faces sex assault, child pornography charges
- LibertyvilleWine, beer and cigar fest set for Saturday in Libertyville
- Elk Grove VillageDeveloper, Elk Grove Township homeowners negotiate as annexation deal looms
- Long GroveShoppers hunt 'haggle-able' finds at Long Grove Vintage Days
- NewsDistrict 211 sets meeting on superintendent search
- 10:07 PMSt. Charles to flush water main Aug. 20
- 9:57 PM16th annual Golf for a Child Invitational to benefit kids in need
- 7:56 PMSt. Charles Public Library named an affiliate library for FamilySearch
- 7:40 PMJoin state, local dignitaries to kick off Elgin 2020 Census Campaign
- 5:50 PMCulver's to support Special Olympics with 'ButterBurgers & Badges' benefit Aug. 29
- 1:06 PMElgin Area School District U-46 opens preschool doors Aug. 21
- 11:12 AMBuffalo Grove Deputy Police Chief Presents at Road to Resilience Seminar in Chicago
- 9:27 AMEastland Disaster Historical Society announces agreement with museums, libraries
Inside Daily Herald