News | Report: Multiple injuries from West Chicago apartment fire
Multiple people were injured, including one firefighter, in an early morning apartment fire in West Chicago.
Crime | 'Very emotional for everyone': On anniversary, Buffalo Grove chief recalls family murdersA little more than three weeks after becoming top cop in Buffalo Grove, Brian Budds and his department were thrust into the national spotlight the morning of Nov. 30, 2022. That's when officers discovered something the new police chief could only describe as "horrific" -- the slain bodies of a woman, her two young daughters and her mother-in-law by her estranged husband, who then took his own life.
News | Study: Illinois, other Midwestern states behind on renewable energyAlmost 20% of generated electricity in Illinois comes from wind and solar as of March 2023. While that's triple the amount generated a decade earlier, the state's renewable portfolio pales in comparison to states like Iowa, South Dakota and Oklahoma.
News | Hoffman Estates skeptical of hopping into regulation of rabbit sales at pet storesHoffman Estates officials were all ears this week during a spirited debate between representatives of animal rescues and the owner of a pet store over whether more regulations are needed for the commercial sale of rabbits.
Kane County | Counting cannabis coins: Kane County reveals tax infoKane County officials have revealed the amount of money the county rakes in from cannabis sales for the first time: It equates to about $1.5 million per year, which the county previously was barred from revealing, per state law, because there were fewer than five dispensaries operating there.
Columns | Life after Corey Perry: How do the Blackhawks move forward with their youthful roster?It's been a rough week for the Blackhawks. A look at why it's important to not believe everything you read, reaction from Luke Richardson, and how the Hawks will try to move on.
Transportation | Revamped Midway takes off with a taste of ChicagoA lengthy Midway Airport redo wraps up with new restaurants, bars, and fast-food eateries that include beloved brands from the Southwest Side.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Too much ragged history for the Bears to have a shot at Jim HarbaughJim Harbaugh is the most talked about unbeaten football coach in America.
News | Exhibit marks 200th anniversary of beloved 'The Night Before Christmas' poemA special exhibit marking the 200th anniversary of the beloved "The Night Before Christmas" poem highlights open house at historic Cook Home in Libertyville.
News | Owner asks judge to allow historic Geneva blacksmith shop to be razedThe owner of a circa 1840 former blacksmith shop in downtown Geneva is asking a Kane County judge to remove the building's landmark status and allow its demolition.
Illinois | 'Quite the journey': Monarch butterfly license plates finally availableAfter seven years in the making, the state has unveiled the monarch butterfly decal license plate. Proceeds from the decals will benefit the Illinois Department of Natural Resources' Monarch Habitat Fund.
Lake County | Homicide suspected in death of woman found along Lake County roadLake County sheriff's detectives are investigating the apparent homicide of a woman whose body was found this morning on the side of a road in Old Mill Creek.
- 7:44 AMTruce in Gaza extended another day but talks over remaining hostages held by Hamas could get tougher
- 7:43 AMRussia's Supreme Court effectively outlaws LGBTQ+ activism in a landmark ruling
- 7:43 AMRussian missile strikes in eastern Ukraine tear through buildings and bury families in rubble
- 7:43 AMAutoworkers strike cut Ford sales by 100,000 vehicles and cost company $1.7 billion in profits
- 7:43 AMSomali maritime police intensify patrols as fears grow of resurgence of piracy in the Gulf of Aden
More Suburban News Find your community
- Oak BrookCouple charged with stealing from Macy's in Oak Brook
- DuPage CountyDuPage County Board approves $625 million budget
- AuroraAurora fire leaves 37-year-old man in critical condition
- BarringtonFormer CEO accused of stealing $1.8M from relative allowed access to funds to pay lawyer
- NewsPolice: Marijuana plants stolen from McHenry home in strong-arm robbery
- PoliticsFormer state legislator takes plea deal in sexual photos case, gets 90 days in jail
- NapervilleGlee club to hold Christmas concert Dec. 3 in Naperville
- NapervilleNaperville Winds to perform veterans salute concert
- Hoffman EstatesLearn about Our Lady of the Angels School fire at Hoffman Estates event
- BusinessFirst Christmas season for McHenry's tiny Riverwalk Shoppes
- Boys' BasketballGeneva shoots to big lead, holds off Bartlett
- Girls' BasketballLake Zurich fends off Mundelein's comeback
- 10:16 PM'Finding Grace' exhibit on the life of social reformer Grace Bagley on display in Hinsdale
- 9:13 PMLearn about 'Operation Husky: The Invasion of Sicily' at the next Date With History Dec. 4
- 8:42 PMGreenMan Theatre to host 'Holiday and Winter Stories' Dec. 11
- 8:07 PMGlenbard Parent Series in Spanish will offer guidance on anxiety, depression and motivation in teens
- 7:51 PMDuPage Senior Citizens Council partners with Lombard Veterinary Hospital to help senior pet owners
- 7:38 PMLisle Library District to kick off 'Winter Read' Dec. 8
- 7:07 PMExperience the holidays by candlelight at Durant-Peterson House Dec. 2-3
- 3:54 PMHighwood Distillery hosts record benefit for Art Impact Project
Inside Daily Herald