Crime | Embattled Mettawa Mayor Urlacher resigns from state commission
Mettawa Mayor Casey Urlacher resigned from his post on the Illinois Civil Service Commission on Friday, a day after federal prosecutors named him as one of 10 defendants indicted in connection with an illegal sports betting ring.
Entertainment | 'Free isn't enough': New DuPage Children's Museum CEO wants everyone to feel welcomeAndrea Wiles wants to bring the expertise about learning and play of the DuPage Children's Museum to more children and families.
News | What long-awaited 2018 Harvest Bible Chapel audit saysThe latest audit of the financial records of Harvest Bible Chapel shows that revenue declined almost 10 percent to $41.7 million in 2018, compared to 2017.
Dining | St. Charles Restaurant Week aims to bring foodies to local eateriesThe premise of St. Charles Restaurant Week is simple: Visit any participating eatery between Monday and Friday, Feb. 24-28, show them a coupon and receive 20% off your total bill.
News | Palatine pays tribute to fallen firefightersNearly a half-century has passed since three firefighters perished in a fire at the Ben Franklin store in downtown Palatine. But time has not dimmed the memory of a village that honors the sacrifice of those fallen firefighters every year.
Politics | Sanders wins Nevada caucuses, takes national Democratic leadBernie Sanders scored a resounding victory in Nevada's presidential caucuses on Saturday, cementing his status as the Democrats' national front-runner amid escalating tensions over whether he's too liberal to defeat President Donald Trump. You can watch live results still coming in.
News | Winter storm may be on heels of Sunday's balmy weatherThe suburbs enjoyed a stretch of sunny skies and springlike temperatures over the weekend, but bad news from forecasters: It's not going to last.
Columns | Who lives in park district-owned homes? And how much does it cost them?Fourteen suburban park districts own homes that in most cases are rented to employees or the public, but some question why the park districts are acting as landlords at all.
Crime | Police: Schaumburg Best Buy burglarizedA Schaumburg Best Buy was burglarized Saturday morning, police said.
Columns | Rozner: Andre Dawson says 'cheating is cheating,' and Astros should vacate titleCubs Hall of Famer Andre Dawson has a simple message for MLB and Rob Manfred: take away the Astros' title.
News | Man killed trying to cross road in PalatineA 68-year-old man was killed trying to cross South Quentin Road Friday evening in Palatine.
News | Bicyclist seriously injured when hit by car in StreamwoodA bicyclist suffered serious injuries late Saturday when struck by a car while trying to cross Route 59 in Streamwood, police said Sunday.
- 5:26 AMIran lawmaker says 50 dead from new virus in city of Qom
- 5:15 AMItaly tries to contain virus as neighbors fear its spread
- 4:58 AMGerman Carnival floats take aim at racism in wake of attack
- 4:41 AMWorld shares smacked as new virus cases jump outside China
- 4:32 AMMahathir offers resignation in Malaysian political upheaval
More Suburban News Find your community
- NewsOne injured in Zion rollover crash
- McHenry CountyMissing McHenry-area man found dead; foul play not suspected
- PalatineConstable: Palatine writer's books span bikini-clad warriors to strong female filmmakers
- Hoffman EstatesI-90 fully open in Hoffman Estates after semi overturns
- NapervilleMan found dead in Naperville apartment fire
- SchaumburgOwners seek to disconnect Loeber Farm site from Schaumburg
- Vernon HillsSources of Legionnaires' identified
- Cook CountyBar associations release Cook judicial candidate evaluations
- St. CharlesNew owner for Pheasant Run Mega Center?
- BusinessTech firm that's making device for Olympians expands footprint in Arlington Heights
- NewsDistrict 21 receives $623,000 gift from former teacher
- HuntleyPolice: Huntley man injured 6-week-old family member
- 11:48 PMHighland Avenue Church to host Feb. 29 play about stolen indigenous lands
- 11:30 PMCity of Wood Dale appoints city clerk
- 10:47 PMSouth Elgin girl, born with rare heart defect, loves to dance
- 2:13 PMGrant launches library event series celebrating immigrant experiences
- 1:15 PM'Lawyer in the Library' returns Feb. 27 to Gail Borden Library
- 11:07 AMPass With Flying Colors to Celebrate Students at Annual College Dreams Gala
- 10:39 AMDistrict 54 receives its 22nd Meritorious Budget Award
- 10:39 AMCollaborative Professional Learning Communities ensuring student success in District 54
Through the Film Magnifer: William H Macy, Illinois Bell Strike, Montgomery Wards sking, 1979 blizard and more
Inside Daily Herald