Food | Arlington Heights woman wins Cook of the Week challenge with a curry dish
When Leslie Meredith of Arlington Heights learned the "mystery ingredients" she would be cooking with at Monday night's Cook of the Week Challenge finale, Indian cuisine sprang to mind. And despite doubts, it turned to be the winning decision.
Business | After century in Mount Prospect, Busse flower shop bolts for Rolling MeadowsBusse's Flowers & Gifts has called Mount Prospect home since even before the village's official incorporation in 1917. That won't be the case for much longer, as the longtime business is pulling up its roots and relocating to Rolling Meadows.
News | 2 Aurora police officers return to full duty months after Henry Pratt shootingTwo Aurora police officers shot in the Henry Pratt Co. shooting last February have returned to full duty the past week, police said Monday night.
News | Is fall snow a sign of things to come this winter?Our white Halloween and Monday's snow might make it seem we're in for a long, cold winter, but weather forecasters see no sure connection.
Cook County | Grayslake High grad introduces his mentor, Mike Pompeo, at Veterans Day addressGrayslake High School grad and longtime Assistant Cook County State's Attorney Eric Leafblad introduced U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo during a Veterans Day assembly Monday at The Citadel in South Carolina. "He taught me it was cool to be smart, and he taught me the most valuable calling a person could have is service to your country," Leafblad said.
Business | Phat Phat Chinese Eatery opens in restored Schaumburg buildingThe long-awaited Phat Phat Chinese Eatery has opened its doors in the restored century-old building that last housed the Easy Street Pub in Schaumburg's historic district.
News | Six months or a year? Glen Ellyn trustees to vote on temporary pot sales banGlen Ellyn trustees will vote Tuesday to impose a temporary ban on recreational marijuana shops as officials keep a wary eye on the state's legal pot industry.
Crime | Man charged with armed robbery, restraining workers in a room at Wheaton Sprint storeBail will be determined Tuesday for a man charged with committing armed robbery with a firearm and aggravated unlawful restraint in Wheaton.
News | Palatine police say 77-year-old woman is missingPalatine police are asking for the public's help in finding a 77-year-old woman who has gone missing.
News | West Dundee taking steps to allow recreational marijuana salesA set of recommended regulations for allowing a recreational marijuana dispensary in West Dundee has received early support from the village board.
Crime | Lombard man charged in crash that killed 78-year-old Westmont womanA Lombard man has been charged with reckless homicide, in connection with a crash that killed a woman in Oak Brook last week.
Business | Equity firm approaches Walgreens on record buyoutKKR & Co. has formally approached drugstore giant Walgreens Boots Alliance about a deal to take the company private, in what could be the biggest-ever leveraged buyout, people familiar with the matter said.
- 1:30 AMDemocrats, GOP to vie for impeachment narrative -- on TV
- 1:17 AMTeen faces 30 years to life in 1st grader's SC school death
- 1:11 AMBespoke silk robes await Pope Francis on Thailand visit
- 12:59 AMIsraeli airstrike kills Islamic Jihad commander in Gaza home
- 12:21 AMEvo Morales flees crisis-torn Bolivia after deadly clashes
More Suburban News Find your community
- NewsArlington Heights hosting Alzheimer's Awareness Day event Tuesday
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove hopes local gas tax will close gap on road repairs
- WinfieldWinfield leaning toward 'yes' to recreational pot sales
- NapervilleNo injuries in Naperville house fire
- GurneeDancecenter North has new home, same family feel
- StreamwoodNo injuries in Streamwood house fire
- NewsArlington Heights Rotary Santa Run set for Dec. 7
- EducationDistrict 211 board to discuss transgender locker room access Thursday
- NapervilleNaperville moves Veterans Day ceremony inside
- SchaumburgSchaumburg library gaining trustee, losing director
- Prep SportsGlenbard West's Hart finishes four-year sweep; Benet, Naperville North win team titles
- LifestyleHuntley teacher helps students with visual impairments navigate world
- 10:41 PMGeneva Park District board members honored by Illinois Association of Park Districts for years of service
- 10:22 PMEat a sub and help fund the YWCA Elgin Nov. 14
- 8:33 PMCollege of DuPage College Theater to stage Shakespeare's 'Macbeth' Nov. 14-24
- 8:13 PMNeuqua Valley Theatre drama to explore 'Things Not to Do' Nov. 14-16
- 8:10 PMLearn about resources for first-generation students at College of DuPage
- 3:55 PMRosalind Franklin University announces new board officers
- 3:45 PMNavigating the College Planning Process Free Workshop
- 3:39 PM2019 Veterans Day Grayslake IL
Inside Daily Herald