Business | Longtime barbershop moves, new cafe opens, in downtown Arlington Heights
Two small business -- one old and one new -- are the latest shops to open in the bustling downtown Arlington Heights business district.
Crime | Law license at stake, Blagojevich skips hearingFormer Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich wasn't at a hearing Tuesday where Illinois authorities considered permanently revoking his law license. Disciplinary commission lawyers argued "moral turpitude" justifies disbarring Blagojevich, who was released from federal prison last week after President Donald Trump commuted his 14-year corruption sentence.
Business | Amazon distribution centers coming to Downers Grove -- and likely PalatineAmazon is preparing to open new distribution centers in Downers Grove and reportedly in Palatine. Downers Grove Mayor Robert Barnett confirmed Monday evening that Amazon plans to move into roughly 500,000 square feet of space in two new warehouses in the Bridge Point Downers Grove industrial park along Finley Road north of I-355.
Columns | Rozner: Where are Chicago Blackhawks going and when will they arrive?Like it or not, Chicago Blackhawks are still in rebuild mode.
News | Why this winter's snow forecasts keep flummoxing meteorologistsForecasters now say most of Chicago area will be spared by latest winter storm after earlier warnings about significant accumulation.
Health & Fitness | A 62-year-old Naperville man planked for more than 8 hours to break a Guinness recordAfter breaking the Guinness World Record for the longest time in the plank position by a man, George Hood said he's moving on from the exercise.
Business | Should land near Nokia in Naperville be zoned for housing?Is the land north of the Nokia building in Naperville best left as wetlands or turned into housing? The city council is set to decide.
Crime | After Arlington Heights crash, driver charged with going around crossing gatesAn Arlington Heights driver whose car was struck by a Metra train Monday was cited for driving around the railroad crossing gates, Metra officials said.
Crime | Villa Park woman who abused teen boy sent to jail for 90 daysDespite a tearful plea from her husband for leniency, a Villa Park woman was sentenced Monday to 90 days in jail and three years of sex-offender probation for sexually abusing a 14-year-old boy in 2018.
News | CDC warns of broad disruption if virus spreads across U.S.The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Americans should prepare for significant disruptions of daily life if the coronavirus outbreak that began in China begins to spread locally in the U.S., describing emergency plans that mimic the drastic measures taken by other countries.
Business | Furniture showroom called 'future of retail' could join downtown NapervilleA furniture showroom called the "future of retail" could be coming to downtown Naperville, despite a rule against general service uses on the first floor.
Business | U.S. stocks plunge, bonds surge after CDC warningU.S. stocks tumbled to an almost 12-week low and bond yields plunged to records on rising concern the coronavirus will upend global supply chains critical to economic growth.
- 5:05 PMHot Pockets heir gets 5 months in prison for college scam
- 5:03 PMIndiana Senate endorses ban on drivers using handheld phones
- 4:56 PMOhio authorities arrest man in 2017 death of mother, her son
- 4:56 PMDisney CEO Bob Iger steps down in surprise announcement
- 4:46 PMIndiana toddler apparently drowns after falling into lake
More Suburban News Find your community
- CrimeGrant Township man pleads guilty to strangling his wife
- CaryBoil order issued, Cary schools closed after water main break
- ElginSt. Charles man pleads guilty to 2017 DUI that killed DeKalb teen
- EducationU-46 wants to create a method to audit its early learner programs
- AlgonquinAlgonquin's Stoneybrook Park gets grant
- Lake CountyExpand Lake County Civil War Days to include black history, candidates say
- Prospect HeightsProspect Heights delays vote on new Chicago Executive Airport layout
- AuroraDemocratic hopefuls for Kane state's attorney differ over personally trying cases
- Girls' BasketballFremd takes it to Libertyville
- Girls' BasketballEvanston's big second quarter sinks Maine South
- Boys' BasketballMundelein stars at United Center
- Girls' Basketball'Hyped' Benet leaves no doubt against Oswego
- 4:22 PMCandidates meet Feb. 22 at the Islamic Center of Naperville
- 2:06 PMCurbside composting is coming to St. Charles in April
- 12:50 PMSpend an evening together at Geneva's 'Mom & Son Night'
- 11:26 AMMaryville staff to run first half marathon to benefit Children's Healthcare Center
- 11:26 AMCLC dental hygiene students brighten smiles during Tennessee trip
- 11:26 AMCLC educational leader named one of the Most Influential African-Americans in Lake County
- 11:26 AMStudents Enjoy a Camping Experience on Family Night at Hawthorn Elementary North
- 11:26 AMThe Signal Hill Chapter NSDAR announces American History Essay Winners
Through the Film Magnifer: William H Macy, Illinois Bell Strike, Montgomery Wards sking, 1979 blizard and more
Inside Daily Herald