DuPage County | Crowd size overwhelms Itasca hearing on Haymarket rehab center plans
Itasca plan commissioners admitted they underestimated public interest in a proposed addiction treatment center when a crowd representing 16% of the town's population packed their meeting Wednesday night.
Sports | Could Saturday be the last day of racing, ever, at Arlington Park?The parent company of Arlington International Racecourse has less than a week to prove to a state panel that it's committed to racing at the Arlington Heights track beyond 2021, or risk losing racing for 2020.
Business | Developer for Naperville's 5th Avenue aims for global health-wellness standardA new baseline design for 5th Avenue near the Naperville Metra station aims for a future redeveloped community to be the first in Illinois -- and second in the nation -- to meet a global standard for health and wellness.
Business | Buona Beef in Mount Prospect expected to open in NovemberMount Prospect residents soon won't have to travel far to get their Buona Beef fix. The chain's 26th location is expected to open in early November at a newly built shopping center at 861 E. Rand Road.
Columns | O'Donnell: McCauley emerges as voice of the people in Arlington Park situationTom McCauley stands up to Churchill Downs Inc. at racing board hearing.
Business | Wahlburgers targets March opening in St. CharlesWith construction under way and a proposed liquor license on the table, Wahlburgers is targeting a March opening for its long-awaited St. Charles burger joint.
News | Wayside shelter plans to stay permanently on Elgin's east sideElgin Wayside Center, a daytime shelter for the homeless, wants to stay permanently at its new location on the east side, and plans to add a resale shop and live-in "resident assistants."
DuPage County | Woman deemed insane in daughter's slaying soon could be released from hospitalA woman who fatally stabbed her 4-year-old daughter in Bloomingdale in 2010 because she feared Satan was trying to kidnap the girl soon could be released from a state mental health hospital. DuPage County Judge George Bakalis ruled Wednesday that if Marci Webber obeys his orders, she will be placed on five years of conditional release.
News | Department of Health looking at construction site in connection with Legionnaires' outbreakKane County Health Department officials confirmed Wednesday they are awaiting results of tests at a construction site on Fabyan Parkway in Batavia to determine if it may be the source of a Legionnaires' disease outbreak at a nearby retirement home.
Crime | Lawsuit filed against Aurora man in fatal hit-and-runThe driver accused of a March hit-and-run in Aurora that killed an 8-year-old boy is being sued for damages. Angelo Lopez, father of Izaiah Lopez, filed a wrongful-death lawsuit in Kane County this week against Christopher A. Carrillo, arguing the 29-year-old Aurora man was negligent in the March 25, 2019 hit-and-run.
Crime | Council clears way for release of sensitive reports on Koschman, McDonald deathsInspector General Joe Ferguson's reports on the police shooting of Chicago teen Laquan McDonald and the death of Mount Prospect resident David Koschman may finally see the light of day. The Chicago City Council unanimously agreed to open that previously locked door, allowing Mayor Lori Lightfoot to continue her quest to deliver on her signature campaign promise to root out corruption and "shine the light" on wrongdoing.
News | Sources: President's talks with foreign leader part of whistleblower complaintThe whistleblower complaint that has triggered a tense showdown between the U.S. intelligence community and Congress involves President Donald Trump's communications with a foreign leader, according to two former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.
- 1:22 AMJapan court: TEPCO execs not guilty of nuke crisis liability
- 1:17 AMJapan central bank stands pat after Fed rate cut
- 12:56 AMDespite tough talk, Trump leery of foreign conflict
- 12:50 AMPompeo says US backs Saudi Arabia's 'right to defend itself'
- 12:16 AMImelda deluges parts of Texas with rain, spawns tornadoes
More Suburban News Find your community
- PalatineProsecutors: Little City employee grabbed, kicked resident
- East DundeeEast Dundee trustees express support, initiate zoning process for pot sales
- Buffalo GroveChoice to lead Buffalo Grove police-fire panel will often have to fly in from Arizona
- Naperville120 artists to display works along Naperville Riverwalk
- North AuroraNorth Aurora man suspected in rash of car burglaries
- Prep FootballPalatine, Barrington teams come together for boy with Rett syndrome
- BarringtonEx-legislator over nude photos he is accused of posting online
- Kane CountyKane County panel gives recreational pot sales a yes vote, but it's not a done deal
- Rolling MeadowsWest Dundee woman sentenced to 10 years for two DUIs
- CrimeYork High student charged with threatening Elmhurst school
- Prep FootballBenet's QB duo is double trouble
- Prep SportsNaperville North, Naperville Central playing for a good cause
- 5:50 PMLong Grove Apple Fest offers sweet surprises
- 3:51 PMDelta Dental to visit Carpentersville school Sept. 25
- 12:35 PMCelebrate International Day of Peace Sept. 21 in Geneva
- 12:25 PMFall back in time at Primrose Farm Frolic
- 12:16 PMElgin Vineyard offers seminar on responding with grace
- 11:59 AMAurora Methodists host conference delegation
- 11:11 AMPalatine church collects items for homeless shelter
- 10:09 AMJoin Friends of the Fox River for It's Our Fox River Day Sept. 21
Inside Daily Herald