Lake County | Three killed in head-on crash in Beach Park
Three people, two from Waukegan and one from Beach Park, were killed early Saturday in a head-on crash in Beach Park.
Crime | AJ Freund's DCFS caseworker, supervisor firedThe caseworker and supervisor in charge of the DCFS investigation into AJ Freund's well-being at the time when he was murdered have been fired by the state.
Politics | Panel vote sends Trump impeachment charges to full HouseDemocrats propelled President Donald Trump's impeachment toward a vote by the full U.S. House on Friday, as the Judiciary Committee approved charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress in the constitutional and political storm that has divided Congress and the nation.
News | Island Lake approves zoning rules for marijuana businessesIsland Lake trustees on Thursday approved zoning regulations for marijuana dispensaries and other businesses that would cater to recreational users.
News | Waiting for state approval, Rivers Casino tees up planned sportsbookIt has the look and feel of a Las Vegas sportsbook, but for now, a new bar within Rivers Casino in Des Plaines won't allow patrons to place any bets just yet.
News | O, say, she can sing: Elgin woman will perform national anthem at Sears CentreGloria McCarthy of Elgin gets animated, and a touch emotional, when she starts talking about getting the chance to finally achieve her longtime dream Saturday: performing the national anthem at a public venue.
Cook County | Woman killed on I-294 trying to cross from disabled vehicle to family's carA 20-year-old woman from downstate Illinois was killed Friday night on the Tri-State Tollway when she tried to cross from her disabled vehicle near the inside lane to waiting family members on the outside lane, state police said in a news release Saturday.
Lake County | Libertyville woman jailed for cutting another with pocket knifeA Libertyville woman remained jailed after cutting another woman with a pocket knife
Crime | Arlington Heights Montessori school may close; treasurer charged in Ponzi schemeBoard members of the 55-year-old Northwest Suburban Montessori School in Arlington Heights say the nonprofit's ability to survive even the current school year has been jeopardized by the loss of more than $600,000 to investment fraud. Arlington Heights resident Robert C. Walberg, 58, who served as the school's board treasurer for about a decade, was charged in early October with theft by deception, wire fraud, securities violations and investment advisement fraud.
News | Chicago cop reprimanded for investigation into suburban man's deathA Chicago Police sergeant has been reprimanded, but avoided a one-year suspension, over the bungled homicide investigation that cleared then-Mayor Richard M. Daley's nephew in the death of David Koschman of Mount Prospect.
News | Health officials: Legionnaires' cases could be linked to Central DuPage HospitalPublic health officials are investigating whether Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital was the source of three cases of Legionnaires' disease.
DuPage County | Residents urged to get Obamacare insurance as deadline nearsWith just days left to enroll for health insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act, local, state and federal officials are encouraging residents to take advantage of the program.
Crime | Aurora woman found unfit for trial in infant son's deathA 24-year-old Aurora woman charged with killing her infant son in June by slamming him against a piece of furniture has been ruled unfit to stand trial after an evaluation. Trivea S. Jones was ordered Thursday to be sent to the state's Department of Human Services for an unspecified mental disability for up to a year after attorneys stipulated to a psycologist's report.
- 4:58 PMChurch services, vigils mark Sandy Hook shooting anniversary
- 4:41 PMFormer Gary, Indiana, Mayor Richard Hatcher dead at 86
- 4:41 PMShooting at suburban Atlanta mall injures 1 as shoppers flee
- 4:35 PMSpecialist teams hope to recover last 2 volcano victims
- 4:22 PMArgentina: British tourist killed in mugging attempt
More Suburban News Find your community
- Downers GroveCarjackings reported in Downers Grove, Warrenville
- St. CharlesWhat should a longer elementary day look like in District 303?
- WaukeganThree charged in armed robberies of pedestrians in Waukegan
- LibertyvilleDowntown Metra lot repair on hold after development fizzles
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn looks to sell land at Five Corners intersection
- NewsU-46 schools mark holiday season with activities, charity events
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect hires law firm to handle Block 56 redevelopment issues
- Boys' BasketballPalatine hands Barrington first loss
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows handles Wheeling
- Boys' BasketballSchaumburg shakes off pesky Hoffman to stay unbeaten
- Girls' BasketballNaperville North has winning formula against Naperville Central
- Cook CountyWoman killed on I-294 trying to cross from disabled vehicle to family's car
- 12:07 AMSt. Charles Electric Christmas Parade winners announced
- 11:23 PMDuPage Housing Authority awarded mainstream vouchers
- 11:18 PMGive an hour a week to be a literacy volunteer
- 10:45 PMSpringbrook and Naperbrook golf courses retire debt from capital projects
- 10:40 PMSuburban-area college students present STEM leadership projects
- 10:35 PMIllinois Brass Band to present 'Holiday Classics' family concert Dec. 21
- 10:27 PMHamdard CEO announces retirement from organization he founded in 1992
- 10:12 PMLocal entrepreneurs partner for kids' academic success
Inside Daily Herald