News | 'She was my love, my best friend, my life': Family, friends mourn girl killed in I-90 crash
Barely a week after Katriona Koziara, 13, died in a deadly crash, her mother reflected on all the good things about her, remembering her as "wonderful, intelligent, caring, talented and loving."
Commercial Real Estate | Demolition nears for former sports bar, diner in RosemontDemolition of a shuttered sports bar, diner and downstairs nightclub at the edge of O'Hare International Airport in Rosemont is finally planned in the coming months, village officials said.
Lake County | 'No wipes down the pipes,' Antioch tells residentsAntioch residents are urged to toss instead of flushing items that can create potential home plumbing issues or clog the public system. The village is reminding residents not to flush wipes, paper towels and other items that can clog pipes and damage equipment.
Business | Abercrombie & Fitch, Gilly Hicks, new restaurants coming to Woodfield Mall this fallAbercrombie & Fitch along with its affiliated lingerie brand Gilly Hicks will lead new retail and dining tenants coming to Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg ahead of the holidays this fall.
News | FBI's search of Trump's Florida estate: Why now?The FBI searched Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate as part of an investigation into whether he took classified records from the White House to his Florida residence, people familiar with the matter said, a dramatic and unprecedented escalation of law enforcement scrutiny of the former president.
Columns | 'It was a long journey': Settler's Hill golf course back open after renovationThe renovation of the Settler's Hill course in Batavia wasn't easy -- even for veteran Chicago area golf architect Greg Martin.
Prep Football | 'I am just so ready to play again': Prep football season starts in the suburbsIt was just moments into the high school football season on Monday and already Palatine coach Corey Olson was calling an audible.
Columns | Drama Day at Soldier Field: Deeply disappointed Poles responds to Smith's trade demandInstead of a fun-loving Family Day at Soldier Field on Tuesday, the Bears received the equivalent of divorce papers from Roquan Smith.
Commercial Real Estate | Lake Zurich's long-awaited Life Time center could open next monthIt's been around five years since a representative from Life Time first presented a plan to open a fitness complex to the village of Lake Zurich on the site of the old Hackney's. Now, after a lengthy public review and pandemic-related construction delays, company officials say the location could open as soon as next month.
Dining | Festivals Aug. 12-18: Bartlett Summer Fest, Minefest, French Connection Day and moreThere's a lot to do this weekend, including the Fest for Beatles Fans, Naperville Food Truck Festival, Bluesmobile Cruise Night, Taste of the Towns in Lake Zurich and more.
News | District 303 school board drops Citizen Advisory Committee as district launches community engagement planThe St. Charles Unit District 303 school board agreed Monday that its Citizen Advisory Committee should be discontinued in the face of the district launching a community engagement plan.
News | Suburban park district dance troupes performing benefit show for Highland ParkPark district dance companies from across the suburbs will hold a benefit dance in Buffalo Grove on Aug. 21 to raise funds for the Highland Park Community Foundation.
Music | Best Bets: Fitz And The Tantrums, Andy Grammer take over Aurora's RiverEdge ParkFitz And The Tantrums and Andy Grammer hit Aurora's RiverEdge Park Friday, actor and comedian Aries Spears brings laughs to Schaumburg's Improv Comedy Showcase this weekend and Highwood hosts its annual Garlic Fest.
- 1:16 PMBiden signs $280 billion CHIPS act in bid to boost US over China
- 1:16 PMLearning from failures: How Biden scored win on climate plan
- 1:07 PMKenan Thompson of 'SNL' to host Sept. 12 Emmy Awards
- 11:25 AMImages: North Shore residents take Northbrook Days for a spin
- 11:22 AMNeighbors in the News: Mount Prospect District 57 welcomes new administrators
More Suburban News Find your community
- HainesvilleHainesville man fatally shot in Waukegan identified
- Buffalo GroveWheeling, Buffalo Grove and Lombard among towns adding EV charging stations through new grants
- PalatineNew Pace bus route links Schaumburg destinations with Harper College
- NapervilleMan accused of breaking into Naperville home where ex-girlfriend was visiting
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn Historical Society welcomes fall season with mum sale
- Hoffman EstatesComEd to address recurring outages in Hoffman Estates
- McHenry County4-year-old who was pulled from pool dies
- Hainesville18-year-old Hainesville man fatally shot in Waukegan
- Prep FootballAlum Possley takes over at St. Charles East
- Prep FootballGlenbard West eyes return to glory
- Prep FootballHuntley looks to bounce back
- News2 vacancies on District 207 school board -- but not for long
- 12:42 PMKits available for private well water testing
- 12:31 PMCivics Awareness Series to spotlight 'Latinx Issues in the Suburbs' Aug. 11
- 11:44 AMSenior dogs at Animal Rescue Foundation fetch grant
- 11:18 AMNaperville Central grad awarded AAUW Cariya Reed Scholarship Award
- 12:16 AMJoin Elmhurst Choral Union in 'Microwave Masterpieces' Aug. 14
- 12:05 PMElgin Township Republicans elect first woman chairperson
- 11:51 AMAmerican Legion Department of Illinois names Danny Bogojevich as Legionnaire of the Year
- 11:22 AMFriends of MCC Foundation raise $105,000 for student scholarships at golf invitational
Inside Daily Herald