Business | Former Elk Grove Village farm takes shape as high tech hub
On land once envisioned for the gridiron of the Chicago Bears, likenesses of elk roam today instead. Those 29 bronze figures represent the massive $1 billion Elk Grove Technology Park under development on what had been the largest remaining tract of land in the O'Hare industrial market.
News | $700,000 reasons why Palatine wants to get tough on vehicle sticker scofflawsScofflaws are costing Palatine as much as $700,000 annually by not purchasing vehicle stickers, and village officials want to do something about it.
Politics | Illinois GOP group apologizes for sharing meme calling 4 Democrats 'Jihad Squad'The fake movie poster is another broadside against the four minority congresswomen in the wake of Trump's racist tweets toward them.
Transportation | 'What are we? Chopped liver?' | Noise wall taunts residents on other side of I-355Imagine you've wanted a noise wall to give relief from I-355 for three decades -- and it goes up on the other side of the tollway.
Entertainment | Yeehaw! 7 things to do at the DuPage County FairThe DuPage County Fair opens Wednesday in Wheaton. Here's our guide to living your best farm life at the fair.
Transportation | Expect delays on I-55 northbound at Route 53 todaySuburbanites using I-55 today will run into delays as IDOT closes lanes near Route 53 for repairs.
Lake County | Police: Gurnee man tried to steal skid-steer, broke into multiple vehiclesA Gurnee man faces several felony charges after being arrested in connection with several vehicle burglaries in Waukegan, Lake County sheriff's police said Monday.
Columns | Pace on Bears' kicking dilemma: 'It's kind of an open competition'The Bears officially ended their 5-and-a-half-week summer vacation Sunday and kicked off the 2019 NFL season with their traditional general manager, head coach news conference to start the season four days prior to training camp opening Thursday in Bourbonnais.
Cubs | Big picture could come into focus for Chicago Cubs over next 10 daysThe pictures are coming in to focus for the Chcago Cubs. Small picture, things look good even after Sunday's 5-1 loss to the San Diego Padres at Wrigley Field. Big picture? That will come into focus over the next 10 days.
Columns | Feder: CBS 2 goes missing from DirecTV, AT&T U-verseJust when you thought WBBM-Channel 2's ratings couldn't go any lower, the CBS-owned station can't even be seen in thousands of Chicago area homes, Robert Feder writes.
News | State's first high school veterinary science program to get bigger this fallA regional veterinary science program at Central High School near Burlington -- the first of its kind in the state -- will see a surge in enrollment this fall as more Kane County high school districts join.
Suburban Talent | Suburban Chicago's Got Talent: See our 10 finalists performSuburban Chicago's Got Talent has its Top 10 finalists for 2019. They'll take the stage of the Little Italy Fest-West in Addison at 3 p.m. Saturday, July 27, when the winners of the grand prize and the Fan Favorite will be announced.
- 3:03 PMEx-candidate admits lying about operating on Pulse survivors
- 2:59 PMActor in original sci-fi classic 'The Fly,' dies at 92
- 2:58 PMState says not so fast on fake German heiress' Netflix deal
- 2:53 PMUK: Europe-led mission will protect vital shipping in Gulf
- 2:25 PMBaxter & Woodman opens Naperville office
More Suburban News Find your community
- NapervilleNaperville family displaced by house fire
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect welcomes new library director
- Hoffman EstatesHow Harper's HOPE Giving Circle supports young women leaders
- NewsTwo taken to hospital after crash involving motorcycle, vehicles
- NewsInaugural Woodridge Restaurant Week launching in August
- Lake CountyBicyclist, 63, struck by car early Saturday in Beach Park
- SchaumburgStorm front moves through to end the heat wave
- South BarringtonWillow Creek elders hope to put Hybels harassment scandal to rest in statement
- Oak BrookJury: Oak Brook soldier guilty of predatory criminal sexual assault
- MundeleinRailroad crossing near Mundelein to close temporarily
- Elk Grove VillagePlans for hotel on north side of Elk Grove Technology Park revealed
- LombardLombard astronaut's first flight: a pretend trip to moon
- 1:35 PMBravo Waukegan's music camp offers lessons, performances
- 11:33 AMLibrary program prepares kids for kindergarten
- 10:18 AMMiddle School Church Camp Ravaged by Storm; Alternative Camp Planned July 22-24 at The Chapel Grayslake
- 9:39 AMDesigning their future: Waubonsee students find success in drafting careers
- 7:50 AMThree Boys from Arlington Heights Troop 468 Earn Eagle Rank
- 7:48 AMPaint Your Pet & Sip Event to benefit Barb's Rescue in Palatine
- 7:44 AMFree Seminar: Learn How to File a Property Tax Appeal
- 4:02 PM10th annual Keep the Spirit of '45 Alive set Aug. 11 at Veterans Memorial Park
Inside Daily Herald