Illinois | Will vaccine requirements to enter all businesses like in NYC happen here? What local leaders say
As new cases of COVID-19 surge and hospitalizations spike, Illinois public health experts are watching New York City's move to require proof of vaccination for entering indoor restaurants and gyms, but there's no plan for local governments to replicate it, officials said.
News | Naperville District 203 to require masks regardless of vaccination statusAll Naperville Unit District 203 students and staff members will be required to wear masks inside school facilities starting today, regardless of vaccination status.
News | Masks now mandatory for Stevenson High students, staffEffective immediately, all Stevenson High School students and employees must wear masks indoors to prevent spreading the COVID-19 virus.
Business | CDC issues new eviction ban for most of U.S. through Oct. 3The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday issued a new moratorium on evictions that would last until Oct. 3, as the Biden administration sought to quell intensifying criticism that it was allowing vulnerable renters to lose their homes during a pandemic.
Education | Libertyville District 70 changes course, will require masks for allLibertyville Elementary District 70 again has reversed course and will require all students, teachers, staff members and visitors to wear masks when indoors at all schools and district offices.
Crime | Hanover Park police investigate shooting that killed one, injured anotherOne person died and another was injured in a shooting Monday in Hanover Park, authorities said.
News | Hoffman Estates 7-Eleven owned by Glendale Hts. man sells $2.45 million Lotto ticketA Hoffman Estates 7-Eleven that opened in December has sold a Lotto ticket that won $2.45 million in Monday's drawing.
News | College of DuPage students must wear masks; vaccinations required in 2022College of DuPage students and faculty must wear masks, even if they're vaccinated, for the fall term starting this month.
News | Algonquin Commons adding Ashley Furniture, Barnes & Noble, Tap House Grill, X-GolfAlgonquin officials announced Tuesday that Ashley Furniture, Barnes & Noble, Tap House Grill and X-Golf will be moving into the Algonquin Commons shopping center on Randall Road.
Crime | Patient charged with trying to murder nurse at Elgin Mental Health CenterA man has been charged with attempted first-degree murder for attacking a nurse last month at the Elgin Mental Health Center, authorities said.
Crime | Two suspects in W, Dundee road rage murder case arrestedAuthorities have arrested two of three suspects charged with fatally beating a Carpentersville man at a West Dundee gas station.
News | More DuPage County schools requiring students to mask upA growing number of DuPage County school districts and colleges will require students and employees -- vaccinated or not -- to wear masks when classes start later this month.
- 7:48 PMThai protest leader renews calls for reform of monarchy
- 7:43 PMPG&E says equipment may be tied to fire, touts improvements
- 7:41 PMHuge California fire grows as heat spikes again across state
- 7:15 PMBritish navy group: 'Potential hijack' of ship off UAE coast
- 6:52 PMMissouri governor pardons gun-waving St. Louis lawyer couple
More Suburban News Find your community
- Des PlainesRomanian heritage center plan rejected in Des Plaines
- ElginElgin soon could be home to largest corrugated box factory in America
- GenevaMasks now required in Geneva government buildings
- GurneePolice searching for driver of stolen SUV that struck Gurnee ambulance
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn reinstates downtown parking restrictions
- NapervilleNaperville reinstating mask mandate in city buildings
- Round LakeRound Lake man drowned after jumping off boat: coroner
- Long GroveCan Long Grove find a way to keep drivers from hitting bridge cover?
- Des PlainesLicenses for garage sales axed in Des Plaines
- PalatineSelf-storage, three new buildings planned for Palatine shopping center
- ElginBest Bets: Andrew Grams bids farewell to ESO
- PalatineHundreds in Palatine sign petition asking to allow backyard hens
- 7:44 PMDowners Grove Public Library's virtual Library Con Aug. 7 to feature panels on drawing, webcomics, and more
- 7:43 PMNaperville Irish Fest to feature hurling tournament, Irish music and dancing Aug. 6-7
- 7:36 PMThe Compass Church to host grand opening for south Naperville Campus Aug. 21-22
- 7:18 PMBrittain's Car Wash makes donation to Food for Greater Elgin
- 7:09 PM'Fanciful Expressions' at Fine Line's Kavanagh Gallery through Aug. 12
- 1:13 PMCivil War photo leads to book by Dunn Museum's curator
- 11:12 AMStreet market, music highlight Long Grove Vintage Days
- 10:46 AMDistrict 214 honors Howard Lester Award winners
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more
Inside Daily Herald