Business | Microsoft inks $52.2 million deal for land in Elk Grove Technology Park
One of the biggest names in technology is one of two firms that plans to open data centers in the Elk Grove Technology Park, village officials and documents confirmed Wednesday.
News | More snow expected through Saturday morningFour to six inches of snow is expected in the Chicago area from Wednesday night until Saturday morning.
Transportation | O'Hare on Friday will begin screening some passengers for coronavirusOfficials began distributing information at O'Hare International Airport Wednesday and will start health screenings Friday for passengers arriving from the Wuhan region of China, the site of an outbreak of a deadly coronavirus virus that causes pneumonia.
NFL | Garoppolo video provides surprise pep talk to Rolling Meadows youth football playersWith a lot of effort, the Rolling Meadows youth football and cheerleading program - the Mustangs - sprang back to life last fall after several years of dormancy. A congratulatory video from Super Bowl-bound quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo was the icing on the cake.
News | Officials mum as probe about Bloomingdale Twp. highway commissioner continuesA federal and local investigation into the actions of Bloomingdale Township Highway Commissioner Robert Czernek is continuing, but authorities remain tight-lipped about the details.
Education | District 7 defends decision in teacher maternity leave caseThe Illinois Supreme Court heard arguments Wednesday in the case of a teacher who says she should have been allowed to use sick time after the birth of her daughter
Columns | Burt Constable at the bar: 'Everyone asks to turn the channel' from impeachment trialImpeachment trials aren't as interesting when everyone seems to have already formed an opinion. But democracy requires that our politicians, and we, pay attention.
Columns | O'Donnell: The Cubs, Sinclair Broadcasting and Comcast -- did Ricketts have a PR death wish?Jim O'Donnell says Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts could've used a better approach at the team convention.
Music | Ribfest's first Romeoville headliner: Nelly"Shake Ya Tailfeather" in those "Air Force Ones" -- Nelly is coming to Ribfest this summer in Romeoville.
Columns | Feder: The holidays were good for WLIT, not for WGNWhile iHeartMedia adult contemporary WLIT 93.9-FM dominated the ratings in December with nonstop Christmas music, Steve Cochran's swan song as morning star on news/talk WGN 720-AM marked the Nexstar Media Group station's only strong showing for the month.
News | For the first time in city history, Elgin council OKs landmark nomination against owner's wishesThe Elgin City Council nominated for landmark status a building over the objections of its owner, the first time this happened in the city's history.
Politics | GOP candidates outline platforms in first 14th District debateSeven Republicans looking to unseat Democrat Lauren Underwood in the 14th Congressional District used their first public debate Wednesday night to lay out their top priorities. The ideas ranged from social issues to political ideals and provided a contrast for GOP voters eyeing the March primary.
- 10:27 AMAP Explains: How climate change feeds Africa locust invasion
- 10:16 AMStocks around the world drop on virus concerns, led by China
- 10:14 AMWild shootout in downtown Seattle leaves 1 dead, 7 injured
- 10:03 AMCleveland bishop named Philadelphia's next archbishop
- 9:58 AMStorm Gloria kills 11 in Spain, causes wide coastal damage
More Suburban News Find your community
- GrayslakeStalled freight train blocks Route 120 in Grayslake
- SchaumburgUmbrella Teahouse coming to Schaumburg's Town Square
- DuPage CountySuspect's cellphone was used to search for info on Hinsdale woman's murder, detective says
- EducationDist. 220 making second attempt to sell former headquarters
- Naperville60 speakers line up for 'puppy mill' debate at Naperville meeting
- LibertyvilleLibertyville attorney chosen as new Lake County judge
- Boys' BasketballHinsdale Central defeats Downers Grove North for fourth straight victory
- Boys' BasketballIHSA honors West Aurora's Ormond with Distinguished Media Award
- Girls' GymnasticsFremd, Barrington show their mettle
- Girls' BasketballCarmel Catholic downs St. Viator
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles East rattles Wheaton North
- Prep SportsLake Park losing a 'legend' in retiring coach Edwards
- 9:26 AMPreschool Parents Invited to HEParks Preschool Open Houses
- 10:42 PMSearch for eagles on the Fox at Feb. 15 program
- 10:31 PMExtension offers free program Feb. 11 about arthritis and inflammation
- 10:20 PMCelebrate your love of the arts this Valentine's Day at Water Street Studios
- 8:44 PMBring a little cheer with a singing valentine by Chorus of DuPage quartets
- 7:47 PMNaperville District 203 to offer kindergarden previews
- 7:14 PMCollege of DuPage to offer free dental care for children next month
- 7:00 PMOne-woman show on the life of Bessie Coleman to kick off ECC's Black History Month Feb. 7
Inside Daily Herald