Columns | 'Game of Thrones' review: Self-aware finale knew it was risky
David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the "Game of Thrones" showrunners, again use their characters to talk directly to the audience in the final episode of HBO's epic fantasy series.
News | Cantigny Park re-imagines serene gardens in second stage of major projectThe second phase of Project New Leaf is in full swing at Wheaton's Cantigny Park as part of a push to revitalize the grounds.
Lake County | Truck crashes into Spring Grove home, pins sleeping womanA Fox Lake man faces multiple charges after authorities say he crashed his pickup truck early Sunday into a home near Spring Grove, leaving a sleeping 71-year-old woman pinned under the vehicle.
News | Des Plaines River canoe race roars back after one-year hiatusA year after organizers canceled the Des Plaines River Canoe & Kayak Marathon out of safety concerns, the 62nd edition of the annual event bounced back strong Sunday.
Suburban Talent | Now's the time to audition for Suburban Chicago's Got TalentOnline registration to audition for Suburban Chicago's Got Talent continues through Saturday, May 25. Now's the time to jump in.
Columns | 'Game of Thrones': Five disappointing things about the final seasonSean Stangland picks five disappointing things about the divisive final season of HBO's "Game of Thrones."
Columns | 'Game of Thrones': Five great things about the final seasonSean Stangland picks five great things about the divisive final season of HBO's "Game of Thrones."
Crime | Two men shot in Naperville; police say not a random actNaperville police are investigating the shooting of two men on the city's northwest side in what authorities are saying was not a random act.
News | Naperville man dies after motorcycle accident in Morton GroveA motorcyclist from Naperville hit by a vehicle last month in north suburban Morton Grove has died of his injuries.
Lake County | Questions surround hit-and-run that left Inverness boy, 13, in critical conditionThe Lake County Sheriff's office is asking for information about a hit-and-run collision with a bicycle before dawn Friday that left a 13-year-old boy from Inverness in critical condition. They say they're not sure if the motorist who drove the boy home was a Good Samaritan or the driver.
Illinois | Is revenge porn protected by Constitution? Illinois, other states may say yesBethany Austin learned her fiance had been unfaithful in late-May 2016. After sharing a home with him for seven years, Matthew Rychlik was having an affair with a neighbor. The relationship was unsalvageable according to court documents; they even argued over how to call off the wedding -- Rychlik wanted to tell family and friends it was mutual, Austin wanted to tell them the truth, that Rychlik was cheating on her.
Education | District 300 students first to earn high school diplomas and 2-year college degreesTen students from Dundee-Crown, Hampshire and Jacobs high schools are the first in the suburbs to simultaneously earn high school diplomas and associate degrees.
Entertainment | Fire, ice and fate: Endgames arrive for HBO's 'Game of Thrones'When season eight of "Game of Thrones" began, The Associated Press examined the arcs of the major characters who had survived. With Sunday's finale of the HBO show looming, here's an update on where those characters stand.
- 2:30 AMAPNewsBreak: Nearly all states use drones for range of work
- 2:28 AMTV comedian Zelenskiy sworn in as Ukraine's president
- 2:00 AMTrump's EPA shifts more environmental enforcement to states
- 2:00 AMAsian shares mixed; election results buoy India, Australia
- 2:00 AMAnd the winner of the 'Game of Thrones' is ...
More Suburban News Find your community
- BarringtonHello to some, farewell to others at Barrington village board meeting
- Mount ProspectTwo injured when street sweeper rolls in Mount Prospect
- North AuroraNorth Aurora police looking for girl who said she ran away from home
- AuroraAurora motorcycle crash causes lane closures on Route 59
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Focused Stevenson dominates own sectional
- Prep SportsSoftball: Grayslake North wins school-record 13th straight
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: Glenbard West's Hart goes the distance for triple crown
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: It's back-to-back high jump titles for Wauconda's Daun
- Prep SportsGirls water polo: Stevenson downs Naperville North to make it a state 3-peat
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Barrington first, Jacobs second at Huntley sectional
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Vernon Hills downs St. Viator in PKs for regional title
- Prep SportsSoftball: Neuqua Valley tracks down conference crown
- 11:53 PMPerrin-Wheaton DAR awards scholarship
- 11:23 PMCollege of DuPage places in top 10 at national speech tournament
- 10:23 PMAnnual Geneva's Got Talent competition taking entries through May 31
- 7:33 PMVNA Health Care opens second health center in Carol Stream
- 11:19 AMLocal students inducted into Phi Beta Kappa at Lake Forest College
- 11:19 AMHeart of the City to host youth summer soccer league for all experience levels
- 11:19 AMSchaumburg Township Council of PTAs announces 2019 scholarship recipients
- 11:19 AMThree Mead projects advance to National History Day Competition
Inside Daily Herald